part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 18:10:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SANGUINE SACRILEGE

GYM BATTLE

PORTIONS OF THE BATTLEFIELD ERUPT at the sudden fissure. they jut out at sharp angles, berating the WIGGLYTUFF’s round body with compounded jabs. the pokemon tanks the blows quite well, outwardly deflating each time it hits.

for example, many prove highly mobile due to their wings. salamence and dragonite even share enough traits to classify as flying type pokemon.

the room glows with a blue aura. a distortion across the battlefield causes GRAVITY to increase several times. the higher the altitude, the more exacerbated it becomes.

however, take that away from them and they must now rely footwork that has been neglected in the face of evolution.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 18:02:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she has mostly drowned him out. he means only to make her a fool, to stoke the anger he knows is buried under the scowl on her face. he almost succeeds, when she tunes into his monotonous ramblings, but her breath rises and falls in tandem with lyune's slumbering form. 

at once, when her breath catches, he blinks away the sleep. gravity is a cruel weight to the enormous beast, but his legs do not buckle.

a forked tongue flicks out. freya hears fernando's last claim. her muscles tense. the dragon bristles. a mortal man's lifetime spent walking in a hardened shell, an impatient hatchling with dreams of flight, and he thinks he can best him by clipping his wings?

wings that have been clipped for years. every surge through the air a straining pain. freya's own heart, severed by pink, indulging her fantasies of becoming a monster. she used to utter fernando's name as she might a prayer.

"lyune," she says, "close the distance."

hind legs create new fissures in the earth as he lurches forward. claws scramble over the rough terrain he's created. his wings are folded flat against his back and he's nothing but a blue-silver blur as he closes the gap between them. 

molten fire sprays from his mouth, billowing toward the pudgy fairy. tendrils snake and snap near the trainer behind it. 

salamence uses flamethrower
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 9:01:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SANGUINE SACRILEGE

GYM BATTLE

PREDICTABLE. right down to the very fabric of her existence. forcing this battle upon herself. choosing lyune as her champion. throwing themselves straight into a head-on battle when crippled at the very seams.

for all speculation others make about fernando’s planning—that’s he’s some mastermind that knows everything down to the very minute—many will find themselves surprisingly disappointed. his guesswork is educated, yes, but like his speech, it is immensely vague. an abstract assumption that freya would use a dragon pokemon is nearly almost always correct but hardly impressive.

the rest of his life is strikingly similar. considering how rare he makes stakes that he has little confidence (or proof), makes his image stronger in the face of cognitive dissonance.

the exception however, is . he knows her, now, and can see this unfolding just as it had in his mind. that’s why there’s no worry in his face when the SALAMENCE brandishes its weight with every leap and bound it makes.

salamence, in particular, grow two additional limbs. the leap from bipedal to quadruped exchanges their side-to-side mobility.

the WIGGLYTUFF bleats as it starts to strafe to its side. measured breaths inflate with each step it takes.

this restricts them to one directional movements.

fire brews but it will not find its advance undeterred. the very air around them starts to distort as PSYCHIC energies condenses itself into a concussive blast. like a firing range target, the pressurized blast threatens to leave a hole in her attack, suffocating it by ripping right through it.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 23:25:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
soft eep eeps and chuffs blow out from the wigglytuff as it draws power around itself. lyune rages forward. they are a mirror of their past selves, but furious mega energy no longer swathes the beast, painfully dragging out the most violent and primal parts of him. this is not a stuttering, clumsy barrage of malice. 

this is not an explosive display of strength. 

freya shifts her hips, raising a hand and reaching for one of the tera shards wrapped in her braids. lyune does not fear the strike. he does not fear a fairy's retribution as his master orders him to stand and take the hit head-on. 

the fire expels and the air balloons. flames crawl inward, swirling into the vacuum of space, and lyune's claws rip up the ground as he's forced back several yards. but the wrought iron crown twisting from his brow, the silver shudder over his scales, holds him steady. his draconic spirit is snuffed, blanketed - once, she'd considered it sacrilege. 

in that vortex of space, as flames still lap meaninglessly at air, a silver tera blast races back in kind.

SILPH BADGE

salamence/tera blast is steel-type
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 18:28:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SANGUINE SACRILEGE

GYM BATTLE

HE HAS NO WORDS WHEN FACED WITH TERASTALLIZATION. only the faint hint of his squint betrays an otherwise scripted performance. perhaps, that is why he loathes this region. for no matter how well he plans, it always introduces something he can’t account for.

wide spread type changing? revolutionary.

his WIGGLYTUFF is equally caught by surprise. the TERA BLAST hits and the pokemon is sent rolling backwards, toppling over its eggplant shape body, wheezing. for it too has never seen this phenomenon in person. their training for this battle had accounted for DRAGON and even FIRE type moves. but this?

it’s type has changed,” fernando relays to the less informed pokemon.

blue eyes glow in defiance, feeble as the pokemon tries to pick itself up. the yellow outline pulses with a DISABLE, looking to lock up the very move that had defaced the pokemon to such lows.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 5:38:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the tera blast strikes dead-on, tearing into fur and fluff and sending the wigglytuff head over heels. the spongey body rolls over the ground pitifully and lyune raises his head, frills fanning in a show of dominance. freya is quick to sputter a command; fernando's tactics are as predictable as her own. 

he will attempt to strip her of her advantage as quickly as possible. 

and with a show of psychic powers, she has a feeling as to what he'll try next. smoke and ash falls around him, twisting as the last of the flames die out. molten liquid drips out of the corner of his maw, sputtering by the curve of his lips. 

it passes through a shimmering hexagonal barrier. psychic energy warbles against it, applying a pressure that makes lyune's tail flick. but when the barrier breaks, the dragon roars in a show of defiance. 

salamence uses protect
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 20:50:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SANGUINE SACRILEGE

GYM BATTLE

THE POKEMON IS TOO AWAKE TO BE PUT TO SLEEP. which gives the wigglytuff only one of two options: attack or attack. with a sputtering step, the pokemon deflates with an overwhelming exhale. a pitch perfect DISARMING VOICE echoes throughout the room, soft in melody yet loud in volume.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 4:26:35 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
it was never an outward horror, those manipulations. there were never marks or blemishes made upon her skin. save for the bullet she took in that tree, courtesy of one . despite her hunger for the pyre, he never strung her up with rope. never lashed her. never so much as looked at her the wrong way. 

save when she bit into his arm, when he forced her under the water, kicking and thrashing, but that, that, was self-preservation. she would have eaten his arm whole. 

but the fairy's disarming voice is a dissonant cry that shakes her core, that picks apart all the lesions left behind in the wake of her deadliest addiction. her jaw sets. lyune's nostrils flare as his emotions are dragged to the surface, raw and shivering. 

shame flushes hot on freya's cheeks. "end this, lyune. end it now," she snarls, inhibitions stripping away the layers protecting her from her own anger. the vampiric marks on her neck twinge.

with a clear shot, the wigglytuff's voice nothing more than a pitiful growl, he fires another angry silver beam at the fae.

SILPH BADGE

salamence/tera blast is steel-type
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 22:55:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SANGUINE SACRILEGE

GYM BATTLE

THE INTRODUCTION OF TERASHIVULATION IS TOO MUCH. a trainer who derives their strength from preparation now has to face endless possibilities. it’s overwhelming, beyond what he can feasibly plan for. and it shows when the super effect TERA BLAST eats away at the otherwise immune WIGGLYTUFF.

a FAIRY type chosen to withstand her DRAGON attacks. GRAVITY to limit its mobility. PROTECT and DISABLE to persevere through any unforeseeable trump cards. and, finally, PSYCHIC to deal with the bulk of any physical combat.

all that down the drain due to yet another ANOMALY present in hoenn’s ecosystem.

to no surprise,” he opens, recalling his injured pokemon, “you have qualified for the silph badge, as i have aptly stated beforehand.

his nose wrinkles.

now, if you are done wasting my time, you can get your badge at the front desk.

he prepares to leave.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 2:53:22 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the steel scales molt off of lyune. he shakes out his body and they spin out from him in a cloud. the wrought crown melts, bleeding down the front of his snout in a garish mask, and then dissipates as the rest of the energy fades away. his exhaustion is palpable by the hanging of his head, the anxious ruffle of his wings. 

freya returns him to his ball and fits it neatly back into her choker. 

"you planned for everything. all of this. and you still failed," she says, unmoving. 

"did you plan for me to turn my back on you?"

SILPH BADGE
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 4:17:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SANGUINE SACRILEGE

GYM BATTLE

HE DOESN’T BOTHER TO FACE HER. such a question doesn’t dignify a response. for how could she ever understand when she’s the most selfish of all?

you will walk the path i have meticulously set for you. whether you recognize or appreciate that is of no consequence.

how painstakingly short sighted.

but know this—the fact that you are alive, here before me, no longer a husk of who you were, means i have not failed.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 21:22:00 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she is grateful, then, that he doesn't deem her worthy of even looking at her. triumph bleeds away and freezes over. her hands shake, nails biting into the flesh of her palms, and the murderous look on her face is marred by smarting eyes and a quivering lip. 

you don't own me, she wants to say, but her mouth won't form the words and even if it could, she knows they'd come out strangled. 
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sanguine sacrilege
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 0:57:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: