WRITE REPLY

Sometimes Defense Is The Best Offence(Private)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 3:13:15 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]The Huntress Is On The Prowl...

[attr="class","setting"]

Training Sessions amoung the rookies and eilte rangers weren't a common practice however today they seemed a bit short handy. It was likely to due a few incients with Team Rocket lately that thing was surge this far south. Adel had her feelings on matter but never voice openly. While many of the other rangers were chatting among themselves or giving other much needed advice. She could help noticing someone who seemed like the odd man. A police officer? [break][break]

Right! She knew there was a few of them here to help with training. Police and Rangers were almost on the same side of law just one did with nature while the other dealt with people as a whole. Adel's curiously got the better of her and she appointed the man. Bow in her in respected, "Hello, Sir? How are you this fine day?"

[attr="class","oocnotes"] +

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#43d3d8; --bgimg:url(https://safebooru.org//samples/4169/sample_406820075c6955fa229178b638a4c94d4e46efd6.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 5:01:27 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg2"]

[attr="class","header"]YOU WERE GONE TOO SOON

[attr="class","setting"]

A training session among rangers wasn’t something he usually took part in considering he was an officer. However they were apparently short handed and had been looking for volunteers among the officers. Seeing this as a training opportunity for himself he had offered up his own services.
[break][break]
At first he didn’t participate just observed the others. They were trying to work on defense. Some people would attack while their partner would defend themselves with a shield before switching. They would go back and forth like this taking turns defending themselves.
[break][break]
He noticed some of them needed to work on the stances. A shield would only do so much. If one didn’t have a good stance they could still get knocked off balance with a strong enough strike. The young man was able to go out of his way to help some of the ranger cadets with their stances when he noticed someone approaching him from his peripheral vision.
[break][break]
Distracted he turned away from the others training section and faced the young woman that had approached. ”Hello, I’m doing well and yourself?” he inquired, his voice warm as he addressed her. ”Did you have need of me? Or did you just want to say hello?”[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[newclass=.blbqimg2]position:relative; --accent:#DD6510; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/nhxfschy/IMG-1581.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg2 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 3:50:34 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]The Huntress Is On The Prowl...

[attr="class","setting"]

"Well a bit of both." Adel  while surprised how straightforward the man but didn't mind  it. In fact she found it useful in helping to understand just how everything works around being a ranger and all even through the eyes of someone else. "I'm just cadet as of now. One of the new recruits in fact I was just wondering you have tips in general. How to truly defend you in this region?" [break][break]

"I want to familiarize myself as living and abiding by the laws. It's different lives on you own in the wild." Despite her composure and words no one could understand just how feral she really could be underneath. She prayed that side of her would never come out for anything. 

[attr="class","oocnotes"] +

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#43d3d8; --bgimg:url(https://safebooru.org//samples/4169/sample_406820075c6955fa229178b638a4c94d4e46efd6.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 1:07:25 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He listened to what she had to say and nodded looking pensive. ”Well there are self defense techniques you could learn. If you don’t know any I could teach you. Or you could use some sort of shield,” he said as he gestured to the others training. ”Though if you want my opinion shields aren’t really something that is in use in this day and age. For some it’s considered too old fashioned,” he said with a shame of his hand.
[break][break]
”And even with a shield you’re not completely safe. There are still ways to get around a person who uses a shield,” he told her his attention momentarily going over to some of the other cadets. ”See that person?” he inquired vaguely gesturing towards the person that had caught his attention. Luckily the person seemed to caught up with what they were doing to notice them.
[break][break]
Only once he was sure she was looking did he go on. The person in question seemed like the were putting their more of their weight on one side of the body. Which wasn’t actually to uncommon. And was an amateur mistake to make.
[break][break]
”HIs stance is weak. The way his stance is is that if someone were to strike the shield hard enough they could end up overbalancing him,” he explained. As if to prove his point the opponent struck the shield hard causing the person to overbalance and fall down.
[break][break]
Taking his attention of the person he would redirect it to the ranger cadet. ”If you don’t have your legs far enough apart or if you you don’t even out your weight. It’s easy for your opponent to take advantage of that and knock you down. When someone has a good stance it makes harder to do that.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg2]position:relative; --accent:#DD6510; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/nhxfschy/IMG-1581.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 3:23:03 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
lead or be led
template by Punki of Pixel Perfect
"I do know a few things about self defense but being completely honest I reply a lot on my instincts. I don't think the course of actions I just do it and  almost of the time I get by." Adelina listened intently pondered every word that came out of Mikaeal's mouth. The was a lot of truth especially about that man stance with that shield. Being honest if he was one more move likely fall on his face like ice.

Even her  father taught her to hold a shield better than that. However she didn't want to think about those dark times.  "I couldn't mind learning a bit from you. You seem very knowledgeable. Well maybe not in Hoenn but there still those in my homeland, Galar, they still find a use and in some cases the " old fashion" still holds." Her father and the knights around her town still held to the tradition and old practices for sure.

"You make goods point however that begs the question. Can't a person use a shield offensively as well? Not the same as sword but if you r in the right position. You can parry an attack you can parry an charge or attack? Am I correct at all?"
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 23:19:48 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"That's not a bad thing; sometimes in a fight, people can overthink things and freeze up. Though, of course, listening to your instincts has its drawbacks as well. Instincts don't always lead to doing the right thing, but it often has fewer drawbacks than thinking through things. I guess my suggestion is just to train to be able to keep your calm in any given situation; overthinking becomes less of a problem that way," he said with a small shrug.
[break][break]
As she mentioned learning from him, his smile became a bit awkward. "I'll try, though I'm not sure how good I'll be. I've never really taught anyone before. But I'd be more than happy to pass down the knowledge I've learned if I can," he offered before deciding to respond to the rest of her comment.
[break][break]
"My home region is much the same. Before leaving, I had always thought my region's reliance on the old ways was due to how far removed we were from the other regions," he admitted, briefly thinking of his own region. His region had been filled with small villages where everyone knew everyone, leading to mostly a tight-knit community. Anyone having a problem with someone else was a rarity. A one-off. It was probably why things had ended the way they had.
[break][break]
Mentally shaking himself, he tuned back into the conversation. Luckily, he tuned in in time to at least hear her inquiries. "Hmmm... yes, that's correct. Though it would probably be better for you to see it with your own eyes instead of me trying to explain it," he admitted, looking around as he spoke. Spotting what he was looking for, a discarded practice shield and stick, he walked over to them.
[break][break]
Once acquired, he went back over to the rookie ranger. "To show you what I mean, I want you to attack me," he said, passing over the practice stick. "Don't worry, I know how to handle myself," he told her as he got in the correct position with his sword in front of him.[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights