Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
It's Raining Needles [O][M]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 3:18:04 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"]
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
Earlier, the clinic received a call about an injured Nidoran in Petalburg Woods. Though about to start lunch, Aubre volunteered for pick-up. After asking her party for volunteers, she found herself accompanied by a silent Kabutop and a cheery dynamo of a Jumpluff. The latter was attached to her trainer’s wrist with a thin leash to prevent a gust from taking her away.

A Farigaraf linseed a distance behind them, more intent on enjoying the taste of the foliage than in the search. Occasionally, Aubre would turn to check on Arthur. Her hand would wave in an awkward wave. The timid giraffe would smile before braying back. “You okay back there?” His gait didn’t look quite right. But she supposed suddenly having four legs again would do that for you. She’d even written an article on how his prosthetic exploded on his evolution. “Just tell me if you need anything, all right?”

Suddenly, a cold blade pressed against her chest. Well, the flat end of one. “Tops.” Though she knew Roman was dependable, it was hard to resist a fearful jolt. Those ‘hands’ were dangerous. Ancient people’s used to use them as cutting implements. As her eyes slid to the water type, her gaze caught on a male Nidoran limping between two bushes. “Oh no! I wonder what happened!” Her voice was a hushed whisper. “Thank Arceus your eyes are better than mine.” Not that it was a matter of vision, huh? You just spend too much time with your head in the clouds.

Before she could dive after the toxic rabbit, it caught sight of them. With a squeak, it limped its way between two bushes. “Wait! Pleasr” She threw herself after him, plunging headlong into the bushes. “We’re here to help.” As she emerged into the clearing opposite, a growl drew her attention. Green eyes widened as she found herself staring into the enraged eyes of a Nidoking.

A Poison Needle rained upon her. Or, it would have if Roman did not throw himself into the fray, using his blades as a shield.

The injured Nidoran cowered behind its parents, its stance is pained.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]@open
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #ADDB8E; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #639B39; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #538330; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:420px;background-color:#639B39;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 8:15:29 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"oh man, you saw it too huh?" a voice calls to aubre.[break][break]

noah breaks through the thicket. a twig is swabbed through his hair and loosed leaves stick to the fabric of his sleeveless hoodie.[break][break]

"whoa." the gym leader's sneakers skid to a halt. the parents of the poor nidoran rise behind it, their hulking forms join together like a serrated mountain range. "uh, you gonna be okay? think you got this under control?"[break][break]

both nidoking and nidoqueen snarl as noah's hand carefully nears a pocket in his shorts.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
mission: dauntless shield

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/LgMCfSD/setticon3.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 3:37:57 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
The rain of needles seemed to last an eternity. Desperately—like a shipwreck victim an impromptu raft—she clung to the spines of the Kabutops’s back. Above, the Jumpluff fought to get closer. to the angry Kaiju. Her crimson eyes were filled with impotent rage. Finally, the onslaught ended as the creature paused to take a breath.

A voice called out—definitely human. What else would it be you dunce? A Chatot? Honestly! The Nidoking turned suspiciously to the doctor as if she was the cause of the noises. Her voice was a whisper. “I did see him too, but I think he may already be claimed.” Something she hoped would be a hint that caution was very much, extremely necessary. Just as the Nidoqueen was about to join its mate in attacking the doctor, Noah burst out of the nearby bushes.

Both creatures roared in irritation, pressing tighter around their injured hatchling. At Noah’s question, she raised a hand for pause. The scarred digits trembled. From this angle, she could now see the numerous needles embedded in Roman’s armor. “I—I think I’ll have to be.” The redhead tried her best to calm her heart. To not think about—to not imagine—to just not play this citation out. “Any offensive actions will just end up making things worse.” As a mother, she understood the pair’s reaction.

Torn by indecision, likely which of them to gore first, Aubre moved to capitalize on the brief stalemate.

“Roman, can you talk to them, or, well, translate? Please?” With a look of confusion, the glow around his scythes vanished. “Tell them we mean them no harm. I just want to look at his leg.” Slowly, as if there was a gun pointed at her, Aubre reached for her bag. From it, a roll of bandages emerged.

The Nidoqueen stared down .

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]@open
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #ADDB8E; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #639B39; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #538330; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:420px;background-color:#639B39;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 5:38:05 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"you sure that'll work? they kinda seem set in their ways," noah's eyes do not leave the nidoqueen's scrutinizing stare. [break][break]

he is careful not to let his nails tap against the pokeball in his pocket. the smooth surface of the capsule graces his fingerpads, palm sliding over the curve in hidden preparation.[break][break]

"don't know if translation tech is going to capture the nuance of a nido-mom too." the gym leader breathes out slowly. "h-hey, see that?" he says to the nidoqueen. "look at the doc's bandages!"

[break][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/LgMCfSD/setticon3.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 3:39:12 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
Am I sure? The redhead laughed. Each chortle a manifestation of anxiety. Her smile twitched upward, an attempt at being comforting. Something she knew did not come naturally to her. “Not—not really.” Aubre shook her head. What exactly that gesture was trying to say wasn’t clear. “But, I’d rather try amicability first.” Once you fired that first shot—or spit that first flame—there was no coming back.

The Kabutops chirred at the Nidoking and Nidoqueen. “Tops. Kabu.” Roman’s sentences were punctuated by periodic clangs from his scythe. He tried to communicate that his trainer—wimpy and tiny—was no threat. Every twitch set him closer to swinging a blade. This young human had saved his life. Letting her come to harm on his watch was unacceptable. When Noah spoke, Roman turned toward him. If he possessed brows, they’d have risen. Bandages? Would these feral beasts know what they were? “Kab. To. Tops.” He explained in stilted, broken language.

Aubre, meanwhile, tried to split her attention on three fronts. Green eyes would slip from Roman to the Nidoking before flicking back to Noah. “I—I understand her.” She had a daughter of her own, and she understood how worried she felt if a stranger tried to scoop her up. Even if it was someone with good intentions. “That’s a mother’s worry.” And, hopefully, nothing boiled over.

When Noah pointed out the bandages, “Y-yes.” Aubre felt all eyes on her. She ran her fingers across the nylon bandages, suddenly awkward. What do I do? Model them? She took a deep breath. “I promise I mean no harm. I just want to make sure your baby’s okay.” Apparently, that offended the male. The idea that he needed some human for that was appalling.

The ground rumbled beneath their feet. Aubre let the bandages drop to the forest floor. You really aren’t good at this, are you?

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 23:40:29 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
this is already a crowd. adding another body would only sharpen matters into the lethal blade of a kabutops.[break][break]

and so, noah withdraws his hand from his pocket. instead, he falls to one knee. the grasses feel more like pinpricks as he leans forward to grab the tumbled roll.[break][break]

noah is already close to aubre's leg—and as if he had read the doctor's mind, he fumbles into action.[break][break]

"uhhh, so!" the gym leader says, head bowed as if in reverence of the nido-parents—or for execution. "what the doctor wants to do is," he loosely wraps the bandage around the redhead's leg, "this. yeah? yeah? makes sense?"[break][break]

noah flicks his index between aubre's leg and the nidoran before flashing an uncertain smile toward aubre.[break][break]

the nidoking and queen grumble. their voices a growly bass, though some semblance of understanding seems to penetrate their prickly hides.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 2:59:39 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
As the bandages tumble from clumsy fingers, the redhead fights the urge to dive for them. The gentle rumble beneath her feet urges caution. Just leave it. It’s not littering if you intend to pick it up. Just like she would have to scoop her arm off the floor if this went badly. Pressure near her leg almost makes her jump. But her eyes calm when she finds the gym leader looking up at her. A soft smile forced itself across her face. Just stay calm, Aubre. Your anxiety’s just making things worse.

A shift of the leg gave the Nido family a good view of the procedure. She lifted her leg as if in pain at the start, slowly lowering it as Noah finished the impromptu wrapping. “It doesn’t hurt at all. See?” Gods, you're acting is almost as bad as your lying. That tree stump emotes better. Still, the rumbling stops as the parents exchange a glance. The redhead smiles down at Noah, the expression less forced. “Thank you,” A hand reached down to unwind the bandages.

With a deep breath, she takes a few steps forward before forcing herself to kneel. The motion pulls at the taut skin along her back, inflaming the subtle burning sensation. From her pocket, she pulls out two little berry bars. After a moment of reflection, she adds a third one to the mix. After nervously fumbling open the wrappers, she tosses two of them on the ground. She purposely avoids looking at her fingers to avoid seeing the blood-red stains they leave across her palm. “It’s okay.” She drops her voice as she turns to the Nidoran. “I promise not to hurt you.”

The smaller rabbit makes a few hesitant hops forward. Its foot is tucked tightly against its chest, turning the jumps into a hobble. It sniffs at the bar for a moment as the parents draw nearer. Their shadows fell over hers. And, even if they’re a foot shorter than her, the sight of those horns makes her shiver. Deep breaths. There’s no turning back now. Slowly, she reaches out to touch the Nidoran’s scaly head, letting her eyes meet the hatchling’s with a soft smile. “That leg hurts, doesn’t it, sweetheart?” Above her, Roman tenses up as he prepares for an attack. “Let me look at it.” Its paw settles into one scarred hand.

She really hoped Noah was on his toes.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 3:30:55 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
and on his toes he was.[break][break]

the nidoqueen bleats, its clawed feet puncturing the soil as it lurches toward the doctor and her heliolisk.[break][break]

however, noah is quick to move in between the nursed nidoran and its parents, arms outstretched as a barrier—or a gesture welcoming punishment.[break][break]

it is a foolish maneuver, perhaps. but the least likely to sabotage aubre's operation.[break][break]

he smiles weakly at the nido'rents. echoes that same smile to aubre as the pokemon parents hesitate.[break][break]

through the corner of his lip, he mutters, "not sure how much time i have yet... my boyish good looks can only charm them for so long."[break][break]

he can feel the furious breaths of the nidoking and queen brushing against his skin.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 0:47:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","widecurve"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The tiny paw’s grip was spectral at best. Each move of the doctor’s hand threatened to send the rabbit squeaking into the underbrush. I need to calm him down. It’s just making things worse. The redhead swallowed. “W-would you like something to eat? To make up for the berries earlier?” With agonizingly slow movements, she reached into her pocket. From it, she withdrew a gelatinous berry bar, similar to a thickened fruit roll-up. [break][break]

This she waved in front of the rabbit’s nose. As he took it, the doctor tilted his injured paw over. A relieved gasp rushed out as she spotted the problem. Nothing seemed to be broken or sprained. A relieved laugh spilled out—the noise drawing growls from the lurking kaiju. Aubre swallowed. From her bag, she fished out a pair of thin-nosed forceps. “This might hurt a little bit, but I’m going to need you to be a big boy, okay? You’re tough like daddy, right?” The fruit bar was pulled out of reach as her Kabutops translated. “Ran.” Her patient nodded. [break][break]

The redhead flushed. “Well, I think the Nidoqueen seems quite...charmed.” Angry. On pins and needles. A few seconds away from tearing them apart. Aubre shuddered. Oh, Arceus, why was she such a bad liar? [break][break]

“I just—” She swallowed as she saw how close the poison types were to breaching the very human, very breakable line in front of her. “--I just need a few more seconds.” Rolling the paw over, she drops the bar into the far side of her lap. The Nidoran moved to follow it as she dropped his paw to her lap, revealing the thick, nasty thorn growing into it. She brings the tool from her side to her hand. Keep your eyes on the prize, McKenna. Head down. Then, she jerks back. Once. [break][break]

It’s so quick he doesn’t even notice. The steady stream of infection quickly dwindles to nothing. The ignorance continues until she slides a bandage in place. At this point, aware of the pain, the Nidoran squeals—a few seconds late to the party. Her heart pounds. Jumps into her throat. “We’re good!” The doctor shouts as she scrambles to the side and tries to rise to her feet. “Clear!”

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#5AC575; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:10.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/36/f4/7gFSPHmS_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color: #76CF8C; } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:10.5px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 5:59:55 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"we're good!"[break][break]

noah bleats. he scrambles too, limbs flailing and buckling like a drunk araquanid. the gym leader almost jumps onto aubre as if she were a lifesaver and he was in pacifidlog seas.[break][break]

the nidoran hops toward its parents, but after its second or third leap, recognizes the work the doctor had done. it lifts its foot. wiggles it around.[break][break]

the next cry it makes is one of gratitude.[break][break]

"well would you look at that." noah whispers, his hand anchored onto aubre's shoulder. "you're a miracle worker."[break][break]

for now, the nidoking and queen are assuaged of their worries. as muscles relax, their thorny hides and ferocious stares seem to soften.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 17:04:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
As Aubre fell backward, she cast a panicked glance at Noah. The man’s words seemed premature—like calling a tied race before the finish line. His almost running her over doesn’t help. Can you not jinx it?!. Those green eyes said. But she didn’t have long to focus on that. Her Kabutop’s clanging scythes drew her eyes to the kaiju. [break][break]

The Nidoran chirped, “Ran!” Aubre’s nervous lips curve upward into a smile. As it returned to its parents, she shouted, “You’re welcome!” Then, a pause followed. What if it gets infected?! Don’t just leave it at that! Fieldwork made it really hard to follow up. So, she had to get it all out now. “Try to keep it clean, all right?” The Nidoking grumbled. She hoped it was agreement. It was hard to tell sometimes.[break][break]

Judging by Roman’s relaxation, it certainly wasn’t a threat.[break][break]

“!?” Aubre jumped at the sudden intrusion into her personal space. Part of it was all the thoughts of being eaten. The rest stemmed from the sensitivity of her back. Sure, it always hurt, but drawing attention to it made it hard to ignore. Quit acting like a buffoon. He’s just being kind. Tearing her eyes away from her patient, the doctor turned toward him. “I wouldn’t go that far.” She’d just tried to empathize a little bit. It was of the few things her twitchy, paranoid arse was capable of.
[break][break]

A hand reached up to tuck an errant curl away. “And, I could not have done it without your help.” Not with all her limbs anyway. “Thank you.”

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#5AC575; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:10.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/36/f4/7gFSPHmS_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color: #76CF8C; } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:10.5px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 5:33:56 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"naw, i'm just a distraction."[break][break]

noah laughs. he pulls his hand, having sensed the prickle of aubre's surprise. [break][break]

"you might've been able to do this on your own. me? if i was the only one here? i'd be a goner."[break][break]

he fishes something out of his pocket. the gleam of his badge, its design two interlocking fists.[break][break]

"say, i think you deserve this." noah says. "that was basically like close quarters combat, right? the league needs people like you. front line medics. what do ya say?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 1:16:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Aubre shook her head. Sure, she had used him as a distraction, but that wasn’t all he was. Not by a long shot. Gym leaders were vital parts of Pokemon husbandry—ensuring future generations respected their partners. Honestly, she couldn’t believe she’d asked him to do anything. Now that the situation had calmed down, it felt almost mean.

“Well, I wouldn’t say that—” The redhead murmured sheepishly. She doubted these Pokemon posed any real threat to Noah. “You would have just found a different solution.” Her green eyes dropped to his belt before flicking back up. On the way to doing that, his shifting hand caught her attention. It took her a minute to connect the dots.

“I do?” A gym badge? For what? For a moment, she wanted to refuse. To tell him there was nothing special in what she’d done. “I don’t think—” Maybe she should insist she’d just been doing her job. That this stuff came naturally to her. But that sounded conceited. Instead, scarred hands reach for the tiny chunk of metal, almost as if it might disappear. It’d be wrong to refuse. And, well, who am I to question his judgment?. Isn’t it nice to win something without putting a friend on the line?
[/i]

Her gaze slid over to Roman. The Kabutops—though incapable of smiling—says all he needs to. All it takes is a nod. So, instead of finishing her protest, Aubre nods. “Thank you.” She murmurs to herself as she cradles the badge. A warm, proud smile threatens to spill over. But his question draws her eyes up. Me? In war?

It’s ludicrous! She couldn’t look at a dog without teleporting to the worst night of her life. She sometimes struggled to pick out cereal in the morning. But wasn't everyone here already a victim of this stupid fight? Pulled into something they didn't start?

“I have to think about it.” And, even if Aubre meant it as a polite brush-off, her words ring true. To truly help people—and not just rich people’s Pokemon and strays—would be a welcome change. And, maybe, these scars prove some part of her is strong enough.
[/div]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 21:34:10 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: