Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
A New Chapter of Friendship [M][O]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 2:29:50 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Arthur’s evolution nearly gave Aubre a heart attack. One moment, she and the Farigiraf were strolling through Petalburg woods. The normally calm creature and she quite enjoyed these little diversions. Most of the time was spent skimming silly little novellas. The book cradled awkwardly between the two of them, his head dipping to indicate a turn of the page.

An Illumise—frightened by the pair’s laughter—burst from the undergrowth. A similarly panicked Arthur unleashed a Signal Beam in its general direction. He missed by a mile, but something in his chest made him stop. He let loose a mewl of distress, rearing slightly upon his prosthetic leg. “Artie?” Aubre’s face filled with concern as she reached to calm the checkered beast’s heaving breaths. Then, a bright light burst from him.

KRASH! Metal shrapnel flew as his lightweight prosthetic shattered. Luckily, the only thing damaged by it were dry leaves and an errant hoody sleeve. The Girafarig fell to his knees with another cry. But, moments later, he rose unaided. In the place of his stump was a perfectly formed leg. It was on the scrawnier side—likely due to a lack of use (as it hadn’t existed). Like a newborn calf, he tried to stagger forward, unsure how his body worked.

A few weeks later, he was self-assured in his walk, even if his size meant he could not sleep in the repurposed dog bed anymore. After a few attempts at sharing a book—typically impeded by his newly lengthened neck, he knelt down so his trainer could climb up on his back.

That is where today found them. Aubre trying to get used to the unfamiliar feeling of the Girafarig’s gait, a book extended out in front of him so he might read it. On occasion, his rocking gait stalled, his neck bending double to avoid branches. During one of these pauses, Aubre noticed something off down the path. Something called out.

Aubre's pulse quickened. It could be dangerous. But that meant she had to take a look. “Arthur, can you go that way, please?” With a nod, the pacifistic creature turned. Something about evolving had made him bolder.

Hopefully, that would not come back to bite her in the tush.

Upon reaching the site, a ginger brow rose. "We heard some noises." How wonderfully specific she was. Breathing was a noise too, wasn't it? Maybe she was just being nosy. “Are you all right?”

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]@open
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #AED588;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #272727;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 1:58:36 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The noise was the sound of an incredibly loud BUG BUZZ, far louder than any common wild Pokémon could produce. A worried-looking Shiny Galarian Rapidash stood as close as he felt safe, squinting to try to keep the disruptive racket from frying his psychic powers. Unable to take it anymore as the vibration peaked, he galloped away. Taking his place was a Flygon previously hidden in the trees, her entire body glowing bright green. If Aubre was familiar with fields of Infinity Energy, she would be able to detect a very powerful field of it running between the Flygon and the source of the cacophonous buzzing: a Yanmega whose wings were nearly invisible. If she squinted, Aubre may have been able to identify a faint red-and-green streak of light seemingly floating above the insect's right wing.

As the buzzing slowed and dropped in intensity, the streak of light would become more and more pronounced. When they fully came to rest, Aubre might behold a truly bizarre scene: the light was actually a young woman with a euphoric-looking face, wearing a Flygon-themed SYGNA SUIT and seated on the Yanmega's wing! Her hair stood on end from the powerful vibration she had absorbed. Tilting her head to the heavens, she let out a loud whoop of triumph as she felt the blood flow start to return to her legs and arms.

It took her a minute or two to notice Aubre, all four of her limbs still feeling like jelly from the most intense adrenaline rush any of her Pokémon had to offer. "I... I should be fine!" she replied under heavy breaths. Reynir instinctively returned to her side and touched the reckless rider with the flat of his horn, hoping to ease her otherworldly dizziness.

{WC: 296}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Reynir        G!Rapidash**   Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 3:24:00 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]If you were to graph Aubre and Arthur’s personalities, it’d be more circle than Venn Diagram. So, the fact that their faces reacted the same at this strange encounter, should come as no surprise. Brown and green eyes flicked between the other occupants of the glade with visible confusion.

Only the galloping of the Rapidash broke the doctor’s attempt at deciphering the situation. With this, the senses of the glade crashed down around them. She reflexively tightened her grip on the Farigiraf’s velvety fur. The psychic type, meanwhile, pressed its ears more tightly against its skull. The very air around them vibrated with the force of the Yanmega’s wingbeats. It made her teeth hurt and rattled both her keys and the couplings on her satchel. “Should we—?” The question was directed at the leggy creature beneath her.

Something about this encounter felt almost private—as if she had stumbled in on two people engaged in hanky-panky. Then, of course, there was the very unforgiving nature of the suit itself. It may cover the skin, but it really left little to the imagination. Seemingly sharing that thought, Arthur moved to retreat. But Shalin’s whoop of exaltation put an end to all of that. It seemed rude to back away now.

The feeling of being stuck intensified when it was revealed Shalin had heard her enter. At the question, Aubre forced a small smile. “I’m—I’m glad to hear it. We were worried someone was hurt.” Or, judging by the fact that it had been an attack, hurt. Which, now that she thought about it, was probably something she should have ran away from. It wasn’t as if she could do much of anything on a battlefield. She’d just get in the way.

The Farigiraf wrinkled his nose as the remnants of Infinity Energy dissipated.

“What is it you were doing? It—well, it seems to have taken a toll.” She turned toward the Yanmega. “I mean—isn’t it safer to ride on your Yanmega’s back?”

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 4:58:46 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Yanmega, if anything, looked proud, both of Shalin and of himself for being able to buzz his suited trainer about. Though the temptation was great to fire up his wings again, he knew Shalin had her limits, even with the power of her suit. She let the still-dizzy rider greet Aubre, tilting his wing to keep her balanced on it until she was ready to stand on her own two feet again.

"Oh, I wouldn't ever actually fly on Flit like this," Shalin sheepishly answered, perhaps a bit hard to understand with her body still shaking a but from the powerful vibration that had just coursed through her. "Mostly trying to find out what this SYGNA SUIT can and can't do," she shrugged, not wanting to admit to a stranger that she was riding her Yanmega's wing mostly for the thrill.

Eventually, the intense jelly-like feeling in her limbs ceased, Shalin sliding off Flit's wing and toward Reynir, who was quick to give her a second dose of healing energy. "It's hard to explain, as everyone's suit is different. Mine lets me... survive extreme motion, which I can use to raise the power of my Pokémon's Bug Buzz and Boomburst attacks when need be." It was becoming increasingly more difficult for her to hide from Aubre that she was having the time of her life doing so, too. Without her suit, she would become paste from being thrown up and down dozens of times per second. No amount of natural strength or stamina could let a human survive that; it was all in her suit.

"Oh right, I'm Shalin, the wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn!" she introduced herself with her tacky title as Reynir did her best to crouch and let his trainer aboard. Shalin didn't hop on quite yet, though.

{WC: 308}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 1:12:11 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]As the pair came to a stop, the doctor’s hand hovered in the air between them—as if trying to hold Shalin up via telekinesis. Surely, those sort of vibrations were harmful to the spinal column. Um…” Should she not be wearing a helmet? Maybe some padding too? Was it really her place to lecture, though? Just leave her alone, you worry wart. This is why no one likes you, Aubre.

When Shalin spoke, the redhead swallowed. “I—I see. I apologize for assuming.” Though Surely, that sort of force could not be safe on the spinal column? “I just wouldn’t want to see you get hurt. Or, anyone, really.” How people enjoyed those nasty, violent videos were beyond her. In her mind, real life was frightening enough without hunting down snuff videos and laughing at other people’s skateboard accidents.

At the words Sygna Suit, that look of maternal concern evaporated. One red brow went up as she looked at the outfit with a more appraising eye. “Is that what you’re wearing?” She had only caught glances of them before during news segments, but that was typically a flash in a much wider, flashier conflict. “Have you had any luck in your investigations?" She vaguely remembered these things being stressful on all parties, so it’d make sense you would want to test your limits.

When Shalin expanded her explanation, Aubre found herself nodding along—ever the attentive student. “That sounds useful.” Though she was not certain of how useful being turned into a bouncy ball would be in a combat situation. “I’m sorry for butting in.” You’re a nosy little pest, you know that? Can’t leave well enough alone, can you? As Shalin neared, the Farigiraf leaned its neck down to sniff at the woman. Notably, he favored the newly grown leg.

At the introduction, the redhead smiled. “Well, it is nice to meet you.” She smiled for a moment, pondering just how wide this side of the region was. Did it change when the gym leader moved? Sure, it was a turn of phrase, but that sort of thing mattered. “I’m Aubre. The least confident doctor here, currently, in these woods.” A gentle hand rubbed her giraffe’s velvety fur.

A fond look was shared between the two. “And this handsome young man is Arthur.”

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 2:37:26 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As gravity continued to stretch the wild child's hair back to its normal shape, the overwhelming tingling sensation in her body faded with it. Even with her suit protecting her from physical harm, the vibration was still more disorienting than anything she had ever experienced. She clearly appreciated the doctor's concern; what she did would have wrecked her spine without her suit on. It was that supernatural energy between herself and her Flygon that made the impressive feat possible at all. "It's okay!" she chirped back, at last climbing aboard Reynir and resting her hand on the Galarian Rapidash's healing horn. The tingling feeling completely disappeared. "That's natural for anyone to assume."

Shalin's smile widened as Aubre inquired about her extravagant wear. "It is! This is only the start; as I get more experience with it, I want to see what other types of motion it can let me endure." She went on to describe several other Pokémon that grew ever more ridiculous to those not familiar with the power of the suits. Some of the most outlandish ones included Beedrill, Starmie, and Venusaur.

Shalin threw her hands into the air at Aubre's second apology, forgetting she had Reynir's reins in her hands. The horse suddenly reared, startling Shalin at first but leaving her with a still-widening smile. "Phew! Sorry about that, buddy," she gently pat the yellow-and-teal Shiny Pokémon before turning back to Aubre. "It's okay! You don't need to apologize so much!" Her eyes shifted toward the Farigiraf. "That's a slick ride you've got there, Aubre!" she complimented. "Never seen a Pokémon like that before!"

{WC: 269}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 12:39:22 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]An awkward smile remained plastered on her face. People’s attempts to reassure her often made things worse. It called attention to her being a little coward. “If you’re sure.” The redhead murmured. It is not like she’d tell you if it wasn’t, right? As green eyes followed Shalin’s motions, her eyes caught on the Rapidash’s mane.

They truly were beautiful creatures. It was a pity she couldn’t admire their cousins the same way. But one glance at that flickering mane was enough to send her into a tizzy. “I’m glad you had someone who could help.” The redhead murmured, nodding once to the horse.

“Types of...motion?” Aubre did not mind risk-taking. Or, at least, she understood thrill sports and things like it. Rollercoasters and free-flying were activities she enjoyed—or once enjoyed—in her free time. But this confused her. “It is quite an interesting approach.” If she had a suit, it’d likely be used for something utilitarian. Healing, perhaps? What a cliche, Aubre. Why not just ask for world peace while you’re at it?

The sudden motion made her jerk backward. Her cheeks flushed at the perceived scolding, a scarred finger weaving through her Farigiraf’s velvety fur. A hand reached out as the horse reared as if she could control it telekinetically. An apology danced on the tip of her tongue. Aubre swallowed it as the horse reared. Did I say something wrong? Oh. It was the apology thing. Again. The red on her cheeks darkened.

“Sorry—I’ll just—it’s a bad habit.” She stammered. Fortunately, the conversation turned to one of her best friends. The nervousness in her face lessened. “He’s a Farigiraf. He just evolved a few days ago.” The giraffe nodded, making a noise of annoyance. After years of a nice, cozy life as the doctor’s go-to therapy animal, this change had thrown his life on its head.

Which, as a giraffe, was a very hard thing to do. Aubre gave the psychic type a gentle squeeze. “The regrown leg is lovely, but now I can’t fit him through the door.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 5:43:57 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin's cheeks turned red with embarrassment. How could she explain to Aubre what her suit could do without sounding like a total maniac? The very concept of sitting on a Venusaur's vine mid-Vine Whip was as alien as a Buzzwole. Wracking her mind, she at last came up with one that, to her, didn't seem too outlandish. "Something like... riding directly on a Starmie rather than being towed by one!" While she didn't explicitly state she would be taking advantage of its dizzyingly fast Rapid Spin, perhaps the doctor could put two and two together.

Empathy could go too far; Aubre wasn't the first person that took responsibility for things that weren't their fault. If anything, it was a great leadership skill when used in moderation. "Oh, wow! I didn't know Girafarig could evolve! At least I think that's what your Pokémon evolved from?" she cried. There were so many new species to learn about, and so little time! She was still working on understanding the Galarian ones, and now there were Paldean species, too? It never ended, did it?

Shalin giggled at Aubre's punch line. "It's hard raising really big Pokémon, isn't it? I try to keep to ones that are bigger than me but not too much so." Her water-types were the one big exception to that rule.

With her mount calmed down, Shalin mentally commander Reynir to enter a trot the Farigiraf could easily keep up with. "Try not to fall too far behind!" she teased, ready to speed up just when Aubre was about to catch her.

{WC: 263}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 1:19:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","widecurve"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The redhead tried to picture the scenario presented. All of the core strength it’d take to stay balanced on a Starmie’s top layer as it spun like a top.”That sounds… dangerous.” Those edges were sharp as knives. That gem, meanwhile, was hard as a diamond. Aubre shuddered. “Especially if you fall.” With all the arteries in that area, the doctor could not help but imagine the seas turning red. [break][break]

A proud smile perked up the normally morose doctor’s lips. “I knew he could, but I never thought he would.” A quick glance between the pair ensured that the Farigiraf was not offended.Thank Arceus. Mother and father had taken her somewhere new every summer. Daddy’s gym work meant she saw almost every Pokemon known to man. And, unfortunately, saw what her father’s Pokemon could do to them. “Arthur isn’t much of a battler. He prefers to use his words.” The head swiveled to gently gnaw at a strand of stray auburn hair. [break][break]

A laugh pushed its way past that ever-present anxiety. “He certainly isn’t happy about it. Retrofitting the house is a slow process.” And, while he could duck through tall doorways, that was no way to live. The psychic type made its displeasure evident with a snort. “It does make dusting easier though.” At the talk of size selection, her lips pursed thoughtfully. “I’ve never really thought about it, but, then again, I don’t really catch Pokemon.” She couldn’t collect them like stamps—they were living, sentient beings with thoughts of their own. “Almost everyone I have has been with me since I was a kid.” The exceptions were the rehabilitation fails and the little mythicals who called her sanctuary home. [break][break]

The redhead smiled softly at the Farigiraf beneath her. After years with three legs, he was still uncertain about four. He had to unlearn all the habits he picked up. The difference in cadence and upward jerks to accommodate the prosthetic. Aubre stood up to whisper in an ear; it twitched, tickling her cheek. “Just one step at a time, Arthur.” The uncertain trotting shifted as he found his stride across the bumpy forest ground. As they drew even and Shalin sped up, she grinned. A competitive beast unfurled. [break][break]

“Let’s put these long legs to use.” Wanting to please his BFF—more than he wanted anything—the normal type picked up his pace. [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#5AC575; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:430px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:10.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/97/2b/IYJqTbwU_o.png); height:120px; width:120px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color: #76CF8C; } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:10.5px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 490px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 400px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 3:55:46 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was dangerous. A Starmie's Rapid Spin would be incredibly dizzying. Their layers could rotate so quickly that they shook, adding another layer of difficulty to such a crazy feat. "I wouldn't try it without my Sygna Suit, that's for sure!" That Flygon suit of hers let her perform ridiculous, physics-defying feats of thrill that she was one of the few people in the world who could experience them "safely". It let her withstand fast and powerful vibration, whirling as fast as a boat propeller, and even the whiplash of a Venusaur vine. Any of those would reduce a normal person's body to paste.

In her suit, she was far from a normal person.

"I don't think I could raise all the Pokémon I have without living off-grid," Shalin admitted, having a large chunk of land within Petalburg Woods to herself. Well, as close to "all to herself" as she could get; she did have to share it with local wild Pokémon that could be a bit of a nuisance. "I've got Pokémon like that, too," Shalin related Aubre's tale of the pacifist Arthur. "Sonnet, a Shiny Kommo-o I have, is like that. She won't battle at all. She's still really helpful at clearing rubble and what not, but she won't fight unless her life depends on it."

The wind in their ears and faces picked up as the psychic-types cantered through the woods, Shalin having more fun than she thought she would bouncing on the equine's back. Was the unicorn-like Pokémon trying to be a tougher ride on purpose? Regardless, she was loving the pace and the feel of Reynir's running stroke. It was fast, but not too fast like her Gym Leader friend loved. Each of Arthur's strides propelled them farther than Reynir, forcing them to match the larger Pokémon's canter with more rapid ones of his own.

{WC: 315}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 17:14:12 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]The redhead nodded. She had little intention of trying Starmie surfing any time soon. Risking your life for a purpose was one thing, but doing it for fun was harder to justify. Especially to her overprotective husband. So, she’d leave that kind of activity to Shalin.

At the talk of off-grid living, Aubre’s face turned thoughtful. Did it qualify as hoarding if you lived outside of a house? “I don’t think I could do that. Not full-time anyway.” Some part of her felt suddenly needy like she’d just ousted herself as a pampered doll. It made her wish she could prove she could tie a knot or knew how to wrestle a Miltank. “I like the creature comforts too much. I guess.” Bright eyes trailed down to the Farigiraf beneath her. Her mind filled with images of him left out in the cold. “I would feel terrible leaving them out in the cold.” So, for now, she’d keep the numbers small. The same went for her sanctuary.

Even if she wanted to help them all.

At the talk of pacifism, Aubre smiled. Those Pokemon were truly her kindred spirits. A sympathetic hand trailed across one of her giraffe’s diamond patches. “I bet she and Arthur would get along.” Perhaps they could all talk about the paradoxes of war. Make stupid friendship bracelets and protest at the next League meeting. “And, I’m glad you still see her value. Some people, well, wouldn’t.” To them, all Pokemon were just guns and everything a target. Absolutely disgusting.

Arthur, though nervous about his new leg at first, soon picked up speed. His normally anxious face split in two as his smile grew wide. Just as he turned to share his glee with his trainer, Aubre’s eyes widened. A branch hung right across their path, camouflaged by the dark bark behind it. “Artie!” Her voice was full of panic. ‘Duck!”

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #8DCA57; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 6:35:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin understood Aubre's concerns; the green-ette was an odd one. was the only other person she knew that lived off-grid like she did. It wasn't to say that she didn't have a shelter; a hollow yet stout tree made for a perfect place to hunker down in the event of inclement weather. "It's not as bad as you think; with how close Petalburg is to the coast, it doesn't get that cold in the winter. Some nights it can be a little nippy, but that's what covers are for. Not like it snows out here or anything that would make you hypothermic."

The doctor's words and thoughts were true. "There's so much more to Pokémon than the tools of war that League officials make you want to believe they are. If I ever ache somewhere, Sonnet can relax it away. People don't think of Pokémon like that." Though they were known for their vibrations being extremely loud and powerful, they were capable of dialing things back to the point where they could give wonderful massages.

Aubre's warning sign gave Shalin the reaction time to command Reynir to duck in kind, the rider also leaning as low as she could. She felt the sting of the branch's edge nicking her cheek. Though a red scratch had appeared, no blood had been lost. Yet. "Good eye, Aubre," Shalin complimented. "I'd have missed that."

{WC: 234}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 16:21:51 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The redhead finds herself feeling chastised. Her cheeks light up bright pink as she disguises a little cough. All of those concerns and the weather were nowhere near the top. She’d been thinking about running water and lightbulbs. Not wanting to come across as high-maintenance, Aubre nods. “You are right. It certainly is easier to live freely here than at home.” Galatians were familiar with cold. Until recently Hoenn was not—something proven by the rising number of hypothermia cases in her clinic.
[break][break]

Trying to imagine Pokemon as tools made Aubre’s head hurt. The very idea was antithetical to her being. Certainly, her Blissey could help soothe wounds. But she also enjoyed reading murder mysteries and would throw hands if someone touched her food. Alastor could power a generator, but he also took the longest showers that anyone had ever seen. Somewhere along the way, he’d also grown able to practically read her mind. “I cannot help but pity them. Such a shallow, lifeless worldview.”
[break][break]

And their Pokemon too.
[break][break]

To interact with such rich creatures and view them as no more dimensional than a piece of paper? What a bland, horrific existence! However, she knew her mind did the same to dogs every time she saw one. But that was different. She knew they could be kind and loyal. Her brain was just stuck.[break][break]

The Farigiraf neighed in acknowledgment as it jerked its head away at a kooky angle. The length of the limb allows it to evade the thick branch. “Well, I think you not missing it was the issue.” Is that a real smile? A touch of witty banter? Touching her heels to Arthur’s side, the normal-type speeds up on the incline.

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#5AC575; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:430px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:10.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/97/2b/IYJqTbwU_o.png); height:120px; width:120px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color: #76CF8C; } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:10.5px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 490px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 400px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 21:47:24 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Running water and lightbulbs were important, yes, but Shalin had a pure lake that easily collected rainwater due to its location fairly far from civilization. If she needed electricity for anything, she could use a portable rechargable battery fueled by her Pokémon. The most important thing for her was not having to deal with noise ordinances. As it turned out, Beedrill were already loud. beedrill that were Reynir's size were deafeningly loud.

Following Aubre's command, Shalin lightly kicked Reynir's sides, the Galarian Rapidash picking up the pace. "Whee-hee!" the rider cried, not used to going quite so fast on the ground. Though it was vibration and other forms of extreme motion that truly got her blood pumping, a Pokémon's rapid gallop could do so equally well, as long as they didn't go too fast. She had become sick the last time she got to ride the Mauville Gym Leader's Zeraora.

As the psychic-types galloped on, the Rustboro skyline came into view past the last layer of trees. "Gotta admit, Rustboro looks pretty from this far away," she exhaled, watching Aubre to see if she would return to the forest or head into more open grass.

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 12:52:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
For some time, she lost herself in the sensation of racing. The powerful muscles coiled beneath her as her friend’s leg ate up yards of forest floor. Aubre reveled in the way the wind toyed with her hair. Though Shalin was only a few feet behind, it felt like they were in their own little bubble. Sure, she may not understand the urge to ride a flapping wing, but this wasn’t hard to comprehend. [break][break]

Arthur’s gallop slowed to a trot as they reached the edge of a bluff. Beneath her legs, the Farigiraf’s chest heaved. But one look at his face told her this was simple exhaustion, not any kind of anxiety attack. “You did great, Artie.” Scarred fingertips ran absentmindedly through velvety fur. “You’ll get used to that leg in no time.” The nervous smile on the ginger’s face is reflected in that of her mount.[break][break]

A quick glance shows that his new leg is shaking. With an apologetic look, Aubre slides from her friend’s back. As she does so, she takes a moment to appreciate the horizon. From this distance, “It really is.” Rustboro is a beautiful wonder of architecture. Its tall buildings gleam like crystals in the sunlight. The redhead half turns to face Shaln. “I feel like there’s a good lesson here.” But, try as she might, she can’t a way to put it into words.
[break][break]
Turning to Shalin the doctor inclines her head. “Thanks for the race.” A similar glance is tossed toward Arthur. “He needs to rest up a bit.” Guilt was apparent in the giraffe’s askance gaze. “You two go on ahead.” She’d just look at this view a little longer.

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]