pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Wanted: . . . Alive? [M]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 19:27:16 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The conversation of Cil and Temp's bedroom rituals passed without Temp minding for the divulge of information. @issacmerlo seemed more confused about it than anything, anyway.[break][break]

Then came the promise of punches.[break][break]

Temp squared his jaw so Isaac could hit to do the most bruising without any actual lasting damage.[break][break]

The punch stung but Temp didn't budge from the hit. His face scrunched up with a click of the tongue.[break][break]

"Why haven't you been to visit me in the Training Room? Granny Ravi could punch harder than that." Temp pointed over his shoulder at one of the old women who was pretending to not be staring at them some ways away. In fact, given the open nature of the docks, they did have quite a few of Temp's tribe giving them strange looks.[break][break]

At least Temp's dad didn't look surprised.[break][break]

"Let me have your hand. I'll show you how to throw a good punch."

[attr="class","tag"]@ tag

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 5:03:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac's face flushed indignantly at Temp's taunt. Bashfulness gave way to abject horror as he realized they weren't alone. How many people in Temp's tribe just saw him attack their pride and joy? How many saw he'd done so with the world's saddest punch?[break][break]

"T-there's a good reason for this, alright?" Isaac called back, as if this would change anything abput how baffling of a scene this was. "Honest!"[break][break]

With that established, Isaac turned back to Temp, his voice dropping to a fierce whisper. "Dude, can we take this somewhere private?" he asked, still feeling the burn on his cheeks even as his blush died down. "There is no way in hell I'm decking you in front of your grams!"[break][break]

Yet Temp was a prideful and insistent sort. Whether they took it to a more isolated location, or Temp dug his heels in and insisted, Isaac would soon relinquish his hand. It wouldn't hurt to learn more, frankly. Grappling? 's tactics paid off massively. Swordplay? was teaching him the ins and outs far beyond letting his Aegislash do the talking. Improv? That was the Merlo house style. But his actual standup brawling technique was still street scrapping at best.[break][break]

Nothing wrong with broadening his horizons, bit by bit.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 0:29:03 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

There is a reply from the peanut gallery to 's defense of himself.[break][break]

Tulio, Temp's father, smiles and raises up a bottle of some fruit looking soda with a smile.[break][break]

"He would have punched you by now!"[break][break]

Then the man takes a swig from his bottle and just looks more amused than anything. Tempest was a man carved out of (both) of his parent's asses....[break][break]

"Granny Ravi isn't my grandma." Was Temp's only real reply. But he did, at least, clap Isaac on the back. His tribe was cool with a lot of stuff and used to Temp's bizarre happenings by now. The blond just didn't happen to know that.[break][break]

Plucking a pokeball from his pocket, Temp tossed it out to reveal a lavender Lapras. She cooed and gave Isaac a curious look. Temp didn't hesitate to hop onto her back, offering his hand to the other.[break][break]

"I know some little sand bars just north a ways. You cool if we go there?"

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 3:48:51 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Okay. Sure. Lots of sweaty punching on a sandbar, probably with their shirts off. This was exactly how he'd expexted today to go.[break][break]

What the hell. In for a penny, in for a pound. Or, in this case, a pounding. Isaac took Temp's hand and hopped aboard.[break][break]

"Works for me," Isaac said, just glad to be away from the prying eyes of Temp's tribe. Not that he minded being around them in the slightest. But if anything, that just made digging into a fight in front of them worse, even with their approval.[break][break]

"They all really care about you, huh?" Isaac said, a wistful smile on his face. It would've been nice to have that. Or to even have one parental figure worth a damn, for that matter. "Lucky you. But that makes it all the more important we do this right, huh?"[break][break]

"I'm not letting these hunter creeps so much as touch you. Promise."

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 19:26:30 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

They board the waiting pokemon. She gives another coo before starting out at a languid pace toward whatever destination they were headed. Temp grunted as he made himself comfortable enough to sit down; leg stretched out and head tilted back to enjoy the warm sun on his skin. Temp trusted , trusted him enough to close his eyes and savor the moment.[break][break]

He doesn't mind breaking it with conversation.[break][break]

"There aren't many of us left. We have to stick together." The story of his people was a sad one. The Hoyeon would probably never recover from the damages done to it- at least, they never would as they were now. So much information was lost and they were losing more every day. It was so hard to keep up with traditions when they didn't even understand half of why they did them or so many components had been lost.[break][break]

That made him sad to think about, though, so Temp just hummed and changed the subject.[break][break]

"I'm glad you're my friend, Isaac." The two of them had gotten into enough shenanigans together that Temp could really call him that. One of his friends. There was a flicker of something sad on his face, for just a moment before the easy smile came back.[break][break]

".... I actually don't have too many friends." Is admitted, just between the two of them. "A lot of people, all my life, have always kind of wanted... to use me in some way. So I always talk to people expecting they just want something from me. I usually... well, I won't go into my people pleasing. The point is that you've never made me feel that way." Opening his eyes back up, Temp turned his head to beam at the other.[break][break]

"Thank you for being my friend."

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 3:18:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac stood protective vigil over Temp, the man's eyes and ears as he took a rare moment to himself. As he did, he spoke his idle thoughts, starting significant and blossoming into something even moreso.[break][break]

Friendship truly was as beautiful as it was painful, wasn't it?[break][break]

"Fuck that." Isaac's voice took on a sharper tone, incensed by the mere suggestion of someone daring to use someone like Temp. Sure, the guy was loyal and dedicated. He had a big heart and an open mind. But he was also strong-willed, driven, and had a brilliant spark to him. He was so much more than some assholes' lap dog. "You're a great guy, man. And if anyone's even gonna think about taking advantage of you like that . . ."[break][break]

He didn't need to finish that implicit threat. Temp didn't need anyone to fight his battles, but he'd hoped the thought counted.[break][break]

"I'm glad you're my friend, too," he said, a small smile spreading across his face. "And I've got your back. No matter what."[break][break]

Arceus knows Temp needed it. His earlier musings sent a brief flicker of concern over Isaac's face. "Your people've been through a lot too, huh?" Isaac asked. "History's never been my strong suit. Y'know, 'til I kept ending up in the middle of it. So, sorry for not being the most aware, but . . ."[break][break]

"Is it okay if I asked what happened?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 3:42:22 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Temp seems confused, or perhaps stunned, at the ferocity that displayed. For him no less. Usually only his family or seemed to care about him this much. It struck him, in some vulnerable place; a chink in a knight's armor pierced with an arrow. But Tempest only smiled, soft and warm and a little embarrassed.[break][break]

"I think Cil would get them before either of us." Temp laughs it off, a little. But it was heartening to know he had people in his corner.[break][break]

And he had been trying to not allow himself to be treated so cruelly. While he may not look it, may not act like, Tempest's self esteem was in shambles. It pushed and pushed for him to serve like a dog, as if that might earn him some strand of affection. Even in his relationship, which was as healthy and comfortable as it could be between two very warped people, Temp still worried. As if his mere presence would drag the people he loved and cared for down with him.[break][break]

"Likewise, brother." And it's a promise, then.[break][break]

The next line of questioning is one that sees Temp's smile turn more sour.[break][break]

He rolls around the question in his mind. It never made him any less angry to talk about. Usually, when people saw the vitriol that came from his replies. When they saw how he would not allow people to so neatly forget what their ancestors had done... they would turn away from him. Hell, even some of the other Tribes saw his indignation at their treatment as strange.[break][break]

Temp didn't understand why they weren't more angry.[break][break]

But Isaac had just confirmed friendship.[break][break]

So Temp speaks.[break][break]

"You wouldn't learn what happened to use in history books, anyway. Just passing footnotes." Oh, and his tone is so, so bitter.[break][break]

"The Hoyeon people were here before Hoenn was Hoenn. A couple hundred years seems like a lot on paper. Some of the elders of my tribe, though? They can remember when, by law, they weren't considered people." [break][break]

He snarled, lip curling in disgust.[break][break]

"People from Kalos and Galar came and stole everything from us. They burned out villages, destroyed our monuments, our heritage, and then forced us to live on these small patches of forgotten places they didn't want to deal with. Our men killed, our women raped, our children stolen. Those of us that lived were forced into poverty." And while Temp may had not lived it, the ripples could still be felt.[break][break]

"When the League took over, they may have passed laws that had people treat us like humans, but they didn't do much more to help the damage done. Pacifilog town is only whole because of us. We used to be nothing more than a floating shanty town before I was Gym Leader and they had to pour money into restoration." While one might think his voice would rise, Temp's tone kept an evil but hateful chill.[break][break]

"They don't care when we live or die because we're small and expendable. Pacifilog, Fortree, and Lavaridge are little more than tourist traps or places taken from our labor to make the government look good. We're dying, and no one cares."[break][break]

On that last line, his voice rises and breaks.[break][break]

Temp's eyes are furious and wet when he tears them away from the other man. He wipes them on the back of his hand before any tears fall.[break][break]

The wound Tempest bares over his heart is as deep as it is bloody and raw.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 13:39:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Arceus, yeah. I'd hate to be the fool that pissed him off."[break][break]

If only he knew.[break][break]

Yet wasn't the only one filled with a deep fury. Temp's relaxed grin warped into a mask of rage, and it only deepened with each word out of his mouth. In these moments, Isaac saw the true Temp. Beneath his thick-skinned roughness and brilliant smile was a thousand scars, most of which had been carved before he was even born.[break][break]

The injustices Isaac had been born into felt so small by comparison.[break][break]

Abused. Exploited. Tossed to the side. The worst of it was ancient history, but that didn't mean it was over. It just meant the people in power agreed to wash their hands of it all and call a fresh start. How fresh of a start could they possibly get after having been dragged down from everything to nothing?[break][break]

It was more familiar than it should have been. Isaac remembered the tales , , and had told him of Kanto. In another hundred years or so, would this shake out the same way? Would Kanto always be Rocket's, with those who had suffered under their abuse told to just move on?[break][break]

Would Rocket do the same to Hoenn? Would they do the same to the Hoyeon? Would Cil be able to champion their cause, or would they only care while it proved advantageous to them?[break][break]

That was the future; a massive, writhing mass of uncertainty, fear, and conflict. They weren't in the future, though. They were in the present, and Temp's pain had finally beaten his resolve. As he broke, Isaac moved, snatching Temp up in a tight, protective hug.[break][break]

It was an almost ridiculous visual. Temp towered over him, and even after a year of defying death, high-intensity missions, and clmbat training, he was in far better shape. Despite their size and strength difference, almost in defiance of it, Isaac held Temp tight. It was his desperate attempt at protecting him from a world that had left him to rot.[break][break]

"I care."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 20:24:07 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest sniffs again but he still doesn't cry.[break][break]

squeezes him tight and Temp feels something deep inside of himself wobble at the contact. It's hard to tell if it's his heart or something else. Perhaps it is the words. Because now, at Isaac claiming his care, the fierce hug, the feeling of belonging- the words wouldn't stop. He'd already spilled his guts to the other but like a bottle uncorked he couldn't stop the flow of words.[break][break]

"I-I remember. As a child, I begged my father for weeks to take me to sell fish in Slateport with him. I was so excited! I'd never been to the city before." Temp hadn't been more than four or five at most. His mother and sister had still been alive, then.[break][break]

"The man who bought the fish claimed they were old. Wouldn't give us full payment. But my dad had just caught them that morning." That happened almost every time- no matter how fresh, no matter where they went, it seemed like they would get cheated. But with no other source of income, they were forced to take what scraps they were given.[break][break]

"I.... I went to play with a little girl. But her mother pulled her away from me. Said I was... that I was a vermin."[break][break]

And that was just the first sting of it. Of being treated like something lesser for no good reason. Those comments became more and more as he grew older. They made him angrier and angrier.[break][break]

Temp took a shaky breath and shook his head. He attempted to smile but it seemed drained.[break][break]

"Thank you for listening to me, Isaac."

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 2:00:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]All his life, Isaac had felt like Less. Thanks to the circumstances of his birth, he was looked down upon, unwanted, and treated to a projected anger that left scars on his heart to this day. Imagining an entire culture being put through the same was enough to leave his blood boiling.[break][break]

"You're not a vermin." Nobody in the world deserved to be called that. But a literal child, excited to see a big city that he hadn't yet learned hated him? "The only vermin I see's the one teaching her daughter to hate."[break][break]

That was the nature of these things, wasn't it? Kids were born with open minds and open hearts. Then, as if fearing the status quo changing, grown ups saw it fit to teach them what was Bad and Wrong and deserving of their scorn. Cue their complete and utter surprise when, somehow, bullying reared its ugly head in the schools and hate crimes erupted on the streets.[break][break]

Some thought the region needed to change. Others thought it needed to burn.[break][break]

"It's the least I can do, man," Isaac said in the face of Temp's gratitude. "More people should. The fact that people are just sitting back and letting you and your tribe just . . . deal with it all . . ." He could feel his blood boiling. Maybe it was a good thing the two of them hadn't gotten started on their little game of punch out yet.[break][break]

"Shit, man. Now I just kinda feel bad about having to bust you up."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 6:04:26 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Another small sniffle.[break][break]

But Temp just let out a cracked laugh and reached to ruffle 's hair. This is what the blond got for being so much shorter than him![break][break]

"If you ever can bust me up! Today can be lesson one, but I expect to see you in the training room for lesson two!" [break][break]

Tempest was still a little weepy, still a little flustered, but as he did with most things: Temp smiled and tried to clear the air and be cheery about it. You didn't get anywhere brooding and moping about stuff all the time.[break][break]

Cue that as when the Lapras chose then to beach herself. Temp wobbled and almost lost his footing, barely hopping off and onto hot sand. The sand bar wasn't massive. Mostly flat except for one large piece of sandstone in the middle. A few scruffy and hardy plants stuck to the center of it.[break][break]

Tempest gave his pokemon a pat on the nose before calling her back into a pokeball.[break][break]

"Alright, you ready to beat some ass?"

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 14:34:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac couldn't help but smile as Temp ruffled his hair. The past few moments had been a deep well of emotions, but Isaac was relieved to see that his good friend was okay.[break][break]

Unfortunately, now it was time to make him not okay.[break][break]

Isaac landed on the sandbar and started gathering his bearings. True to Temp's words, it was perfectly isolated. Now he felt way less awkward, even after their little heart to heart did so much to soften him up.[break][break]

He listened to Temp's words. He took a peek around the area. And then he launched an elbow right towards Temp's solar plexus.[break][break]

Would Temp fight back? Isaac had no idea. The objective was to rough him up, after all. At the same time, he was an adrenaline junkie who may have wanted to kill two birds with one stone. He could have easily taken this as a chance to squeeze in some training. Regardless of what happened, Isaac owed Temp his best.[break][break]

If his hit was successful, he'd shoot forward in a double leg takedown. Stable stances were harder in the sand, especially if Temp was already doubled over. Maybe he'd end up taking control early with a mount. Maybe he'd end up with his approach stiffed, pushed face first in the sand. In either case, he'd answer Temp's question with a cheerful chirp of "Ready!"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 18:25:27 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

strikes.[break][break]

Temp gives out a surprised wheeze. It's followed by a bark of strained laughter.[break][break]

It was more instinct than malice that drove Tempest to act. He was a professional, after all, and these things were so ingrained in him it was hard to turn off that hind brain of reason.[break][break]

Instead of getting out of the way or trying to dodge, Temp dropped down so Isaac would grapple around his hips rather that take out his legs.[break][break]

When they hit the ground, he would roll to attempt and get Isaac on his back instead. One knee planted between the other man's legs, as a threat to his balls, and hands attempting to grab Isaac at the bends of his elbow and push down.[break][break]

If it worked, it would be a very suspicious position. But Temp would just beam down at the other.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 21:52:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was the right move to make. Taking the hips means Temp kept leg control, and was able to leave a foot worryingly close to Isaac's balls. During a spar? Now that was a . . . well, "dick move" fit the bill in more ways than one here.[break][break]

Nevertheless, if Temp wanted to get up close and grabby, that was his choice to make. Isaac kept one knee braced against Temp's to keep him from scrambling his eggs, then did his best to put up a token resistance against his elbows being pushed. Temp was stronger than him by far, but at least he could goad Temp into spending energy and building momentum.[break][break]

Isaac would need that to actually stand a chance of redirecting him. After a few seconds, he'd relinquish himself to the push, knowing it would shift Temp's weight forward. From there, what better way to reverse their current positions than with a good old fashioned scissor sweep.[break][break]

If it worked, he'd try a bit of good old fashioned ground and pound. It wouldn't normally be his style in a case like this, but if they needed to get Temp properly bruised up for the bounty hunters, someone was gonna have to throw a punch!

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 2:25:06 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

They flip.[break][break]

As bruises his jaw, making the inside of his cheek cut on his teeth, Temp just suddenly belts out a laugh. It's high and wild and manic in it's own way. Another side of Tempest that the other man would be privy to see today.[break][break]

One would think that Temp might fight back or try to get the upper hand.[break][break]

But this wasn't a real fight.[break][break]

Temp had just wanted Isaac to take it more seriously, actually be willing to hurt him like what they needed right now.[break][break]

Iron coats his tongue as he braces.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes