Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Campfire Stories [M]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 4:13:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Definitely Rap-He has a Rapidash.[break][break]
Mmm, on second thought. Gotta go big. Spectr-” He wants a Spectrier after riding one for twenty years. His gunslinging skills from Galar might have eroded when he was snapped back to reality, but his skill in the saddle didn’t. He could probably outpace Josh on that one Pokemon.[break][break]
Mudsdale. Gotta be.” Coughing, he occupies himself with a snack from his back. This one’s nowhere near as fancy as the cherished, sacred s’more. Nothing but some jerky from the store.[break][break]
Jerky.[break][break]
That’s a cowboy snack.[break][break]
Arceus dammit.[break][break]
The sheriff chews anyway, not thinking about how sheriffs are characters in those kinds of stories.[break][break]
Even if you don’t think you’re the ideal champ, I still think you’re better than Cooper was.” He says, a bit quieter than before.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Campfire Stories [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 1:45:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle grumbles.

"i hate that. i would've retired if that wasn't the case, truth be told."

he also hates the fact that he would've taken cooper over any other person that could be considered a candidate for the position.

a heavy sigh follows afterwards. whether it was arrogance or the hero complex manifesting itself, kyle always manages to ground himself back with logic and past events. regardless of any reasoning he can scrounge up, no candidate comes up to mind.

"what's the ideal champion anyways?" he asks. "i want to hear what you think."

he's pretty certain it's going to be some idealistic bullshit from navy with a bit of personal preferences sprinkled about, but kyle is here for it.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Campfire Stories [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 2:07:00 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

What’s the ideal champion anyways?[break][break]
The answer to that changes with the phases of the moon. It changes as the stars shift in the sky. Navy asks himself that question every morning when he trains.[break][break]
It could be said that’s the most important question in the life of a Navidson.[break][break]
Someone that’ll fight tooth and nail for Hoenn.” He muses. “Someone that can kick your ass with a Pokemon people look down on just as bad as they could with a legendary.” That part Kyle has down to a science. “Someone that won’t back down, even when they maybe should.” He knows that will lead him to an early grave if he’s not careful.[break][break]
And they gotta look stylish. That part’s important.” He nods as if that should be self-evident.[break][break]
Someone that’ll work for ‘em day and night.” That’s the one part he has down. “So basically, we gotta do a fusion dance.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Campfire Stories [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 16:54:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you know only one of those things apply to me," he whines.

frankly, it wasn't worth it. kyle wouldn't have done it if his favorites weren't coincidentally one of the least popular pokemon when it comes to the battling scene.

"what if our fusion gets the worst parts of us?" he asks in a completely hypothetical situation. "someone passionate about... not being passionate? that can't be it."

kyle appears in deep thought, dipping his head as he makes more effort using his head in conceptualizing a scenario that will never happen than anything else.

"an idealistic pessimist? no, wait. a lazy... workaholic?"

his raises his head back up as he brings the unfortunate news to navy.

"i'm sorry. every result turns to a zero. maybe you're just not meant to beat down baddies with a mightyena."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Campfire Stories [M]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 4:25:19 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I guess I’ll live.” There’s an unstated somehow added in there.[break][break]
That’s one of the things I wanna show with my gym. A Noctowl can be strong if you know how to use ‘em. Of course…different lessons for different people, you know?” He laughs. “Plus, when you see certain names on the sign-up sheet, you just wanna have a good match. ’s name showed up on his gym docket. Getting to have his Urshifu really, truly fight the king of fighters is an exciting prospect.[break][break]
I guess we’ll figure it out. Good thing one of us isn’t a chick. The love child would even out to…an average guy.” The thought makes him laugh. “I’m beat. I think I’m gonna get some sleep.” He stands up, walking towards his sleeping bag.[break][break]
Really takes you back, doesn’t it? It’s good to still feel young and free, even with all this weird shit happening.” He hopes they’ll still be the same people, when this is all said and done.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Campfire Stories [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 12:33:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"noctowl, huh?" kyle quickly whips something up. "it's very outclassed, but i guess it's a good substitute for psychic-types with its two immunities. terastalization is already a thing though..."

as far as he knows, it's a psychic-type outside of a psychic-type's body. the niche was too specific that kyle can't even figure out an ideal scenario where it's good to have

kyle gets into his theorycrafting mode, and then promptly gives up when he realizes he probably won't benefit from doing it.

"yeah, i'm heading to bed too." he exhales and goes to find where he left his things. "and stop talking like we're old. twenty-six is still young, i think."

he then remembers their birthday.

"oh, i guess we're turning twenty-seven soon. anyways good night and advanced happy birthday."

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Campfire Stories [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 17:58:53 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: