awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 23:21:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

To be fair, he’d been waiting for an opening for this particular gym—so imagine his surprise to learn that the rumors were true when he arrived—that this particular Gym Leader was…

“Are they for real?” he muttered quietly to himself as he got directions to where the Littleroot Gym was located.

Being so far inland made him uneasy; normally he would stay all the way on the eastern side of the region, always flitting between Fortree and Lilycove (as that was where his world mostly lay) however today was an exception.

(He’d also made sure to clear out his day, no challengers at Fortree and all that.)

Once he’d arrived, he stood there, waiting… for his fellow Gym Leader to arrive.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 21:21:57 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1069284117881049148/Welcome.mp3[/player]

Welcome
Hideo was already within his Gym, finishing up with his preparations. The initial rush of challenges upon opening had passed by, but he was still receiving a good number of challengers. A good number of which were actually pretty high-up in the League.

Like, say for instance, other Gym Leaders. Or ex-E4 members. His current preparations were for the former, a Gym Leader he'd completed the traditional challenge for when he was still running through the Gym circuit.

But this wasn't an attempt at revenge: this was for the non-traditional challenge. One that Hideo just finished setting up for, stepping out of the room - just in time to be notified that had arrived.

Hideo walked over at a gingerly pace, the Musharna floating above his head guiding him along. It wouldn't be long until he found Alexei.

"Glad you could come, Alexei!" Hideo proclaimed, raising a hand to wave. "I take it you wanted a shot at my badge as revenge for me taking one of yours?" The grin on his face was wide, smirking at his own joke. "Anyways, I can show you to the room we'll be doing the challenge in, if you'll follow me."

It wouldn't take long to walk through the library-like Gym, but the trip there wouldn't be a silent one. "So I like to ask all my non-traditional challengers this: why'd you choose Escape From The Fae Kingdom for your challenge today?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 11:35:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I still remember our battle, you know,” he chuckled once the brown-haired… wait, it wasn’t fair of him to call Hideo a kid anymore, considering that it had been some time since the latter had come to challenge his gym with their Dragonite and Oricorio before.

(And back then he was somewhat unprepared considering that he hadn’t properly trained up his Togekiss and Crobat for that match.)

A lot of time had passed since then, though, and now here he was taking in the quiet little sight of the rows and rows of books—while he had an entire outdoor sanctuary attached to his Gym, Hideo’s was more on a library set-up.

(Of course, it was partly due to the typing the other had chosen.)

“Out of the three choices? Well, who wouldn’t want a little escapism from reality?” he replied in response to the other’s question—now that they were on equal footing, he didn’t want to underestimate the other.

“Plus, if I’m being honest, looking at it from the top of things I can see that meeting fae creatures, even if it’s just in a simulation-like experience, would be nice.”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 0:06:56 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"I remember it too. Think that was my first Traditional badge win, and both your Crobat and Togekiss put up a good fight! My Dragonite and Oricorio had to work hard to get that." He still had the Skyrider Badge in his badge case, the spark of joy from that memory still shining a light in his heart - however small that light was.

Along the small tour on their way to the room, Hideo listened to Alexei's answer. "Well, in a sense, all the stories are some form of escapism - each give you a chance to explore a world that may not exist, to experience a challenge you may never have to face. Though I suppose in a sense, escapism could be a notable theme of this story."

How and why that could apply, he wouldn't spoil.

It wouldn't take long for them to reach the room, the Musharna above Hideo's head opening the door psychically for them. A number of psychic-type Pokemon were already in the room, most notably another Musharna, its attention focused on Alexei.

Hideo went to his own seat, the one with a book resting upon it; there was little in terms of illustrations on the book, the words "Escape From The Fae Kingdom" its most striking feature - apart from the braille lettering one could run their fingers along. He swept it up, taking a seat with the same motion.

The Musharna above him descended onto the armrest of his chair.

"You can take a seat wherever you want," he said, "You'll want to make yourself comfortable. There's plenty of seats for you to take." Whichever one Alexei chose, the Musharna watching him would follow, taking a seat nearby.

And once Alexei was seated, Hideo would begin. "All you'll need to do is close your eyes, and give it a moment. Just focus on my words, and let them do their work."

His Pokemon went to work, the Musharnas letting out some Dream Mist as they would Hypnotize Alexei into a peaceful slumber.

"You will find yourself in a forest alien to you."

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1015416098595811469/StoryBegin.mp3[/player]
The Story Begins

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]It Begins
[attr="class","monody"]
Caught In The Fae Wilds
"Now open your eyes."

The transition was as instantaneous as Hideo promised, and Alexei would find himself alone in the middle of a forest. The sky was dark and featureless, yet the woods itself were lit as if the sun shone from above.

Yet, unmistakably, Hideo's voice could still be heard around him, distant yet close.

There are rumors that deep in the woods, one might stumble upon a portal that carries them into another dimension. It carries them there without them knowing, and by the time they realize it, they’re already lost. One can only hope to find the way out by sheer chance before they met their end, whether from the elements or time itself.

And if they did meet another being within the Fae Forest - that they were friendly.

This tale follows an individual who found themself lost in the Fae Forest, desperate for a way out. They had been wandering for hours with no end in sight. Yet before all hope could be lost, they found that they were not alone in these woods.

A lost soul?” a bemused voice spoke to them, “Fear not, young one. I can lead you to shelter.

The tall creature stood before them, towering over them. It clearly wasn’t human, but there was no immediate sign it meant harm. “
Yet before I bring you there, I must ask: may I have your name?

Prompts:

Choose 1: Give your name or Do not give your name
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1070083304704978944/oie_31214723CHIp44pe1.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 15:10:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It was at this point he belatedly realized that the setting of the entire thing was going to be…

Oh, boy.

(Was there going to be skeleton unpacking happening as soon as they started? Who knows? Let’s see!)

Unfortunately it was way too late to back out now, however he’d already bitten the bullet and now had to legit face the music, there was nothing else to it.

“Alright, hope you don’t mind then,” he continued as he kept his eye on the Musharna, who was following him around and eventually settled down close to where he’d chosen to pretzel himself into.

And then—

Darkness.

The next thing he was aware of, was the fact that he’d woken up in what appeared to be a clearing of the forest—while the skies were dark, the nearby areas were strangely… lit up.

And then, oh boy, came the one thing he was hoping to not run into so early.

He was wise to the stories, the fabricated fictional tales of how fae creatures—the spiteful ones, at least—could control humans that got lost in their world by taking their name…

“One… one thing,” he clarified before laying down his suspicion. “Do you mean well, or not?”

In a way, he’d already made his choice (indirectly at least), by not revealing his name, at least for now.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 0:22:30 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
Caught In The Fae Wilds
A notable frown found its way onto the creature's face. "I've no intention of harming you, and I only wish to invite you to my Kingdom. But I can tell you've no intention of giving your name." She turned away from the Lost One. "I will lead you there regardless. Follow me."

The creature led the lost one further into the woods. At first, it would just seem as if they were walking the same aimless path as before, but as they went further, the forest grew more vibrant, the light losing its eerie glow. One could even hear the sounds of others in the distance.

Yet the lost one felt there was a strange discomfort, one that almost seemed to surround them.

We’ve arrived,” the strange creature said. Before them was a grand kingdom, a mixture of villages, plains, and a large castle far off them both. “Allow me to introduce you to the Fae Kingdom. You are free to stay as long as you’d like, and I’m sure there are many here who would be overjoyed to have you stay with us.

A sigh escaped the creature’s lips. “
However, I must be off. I've duties of my own to attend to, and I have shown you the way here, as promised.” The creature dissipated into a swarm of butterflies, flying off towards the castle at great speed.

The lost one was left by themself - but only for a moment. Another creature approached them, one that seemed so human, and yet not.

"To see the Queen so displeased is an unfortunate portent for what's to come," it said. "It leaves me to apprise you of your predicament: you truly have found yourself in the Fae Kingdom, and the one who led you here was our Queen. For her to be unhappy…you likely didn't give her your name, yes?"

The Lost One would find their name right where they left it - they could speak it if they wished. "
Names in this land are important, and you'd best hold on to it as best you can, else one of its denizens take it. You'll need it if you want to leave."

Prompts:

React to your current situation
Ask any immediate questions you may have

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 1:45:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

If there was one thing he remembered that had mentioned about fae, it was about how giving one’s name to a fae creature meant surrendering oneself to them.

(It also kind of reminded him of this movie that happened in a bath house, or something, About losing a name and then getting it back.)

Either way, those words from his friend really did have some semblance of truth, didn’t they? He still couldn’t shake off the discomfort that was settling around him though, considering that this was a forest and—

It didn’t take too long for the clearing to materialize into an actual location with a castle far off in the distance.

“Th-thank you,” he continued quietly as he watched his first companion transform into a swarm of butterflies before going off to who knew where—and then he was approached by another.

“I—I didn’t, which I take might be a good thing for me?” he inquired. Okay, that was his first question that definitely affirmed the current situation—names were important in this place.

“How can I get out of here, do I have to do anything specific?” was his next inquiry.

He was sweating like a criminal on trial now.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 17:05:57 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
Truly Caught In The Fae Wilds
It had seemed the Lost One narrowly avoided losing their name - courtesy of advice they'd heard from a friend once. Though that seemed to do little to assuage their anxious heart.

"
It is indeed a good thing you did not give your name - for you need it to leave this Kingdom. Within the Queen's castle sits a portal, one that can bring you back to the land you once came from. Anything lacking a name will find themselves trapped in this Kingdom. In time, those trapped here become a fae, and may never return home. Just as I have."

"
I do not wish this fate upon another, but there is only so much I can do, bound here as I am. Yet there is someone that can help you, a fairy whose duty it is to help any lost souls here to their greatest capacity. But know this: we fae are not permitted to harm the Queen or those she casts her protection upon, and it is bound to this rule as much as we are."

Alexei Ivanov may choose one Pokemon they possess to take the role of The Fairy. They may retain their original size, or choose a smaller one. They retain their original typing(s).

The Fairy cannot directly target the Queen or anyone who have explicitly been granted the Ruler's Protection with attacks or status moves with the intent of harming/debilitating them.

You are free to have The Fairy speak if you wish.

"Reaching the Queen's castle will be a journey, and no doubt the Queen will have the fae under her domain try to wrest your name from you, or otherwise punish you for not fulfilling her desire. Not all fae will seek to harm you, but they may still interfere with you, intentionally or not. I'd recommend going along with their games, so long as it would pose no harm to you."

"Beyond that…I wish you good luck. May you find your way through this ordeal."

Prompts:

Choose a Pokemon possesses to be The Fairy.
Begin your journey to reclaim your name.

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 21:07:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I’ll… I’ll keep that in mind,” he remarked quietly at the words of advice that were imparted on him. He knew that there was going to be a long road ahead of him, however—what better Pokémon to accompany him than—

“Carina…?!” he exclaimed as he saw the familiar shape of a Ribombee approaching him—however, the voice that came out of the minuscule Pokémon’s mouth was anything but nice.

“Oy, this the guy I’m accompanying?” the little fae-like Pokémon asked the other, before getting no answer in return. “Yikes, you look like you’d trip over with a single gust of wind!”

What…?

He couldn’t help but crack a quip or two.

“Ex—excuse me,” he began as the Ribombee then alighted on his shoulder, “…are you really like this?”

“What’cha think?!”

Oh, shit.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 23:21:12 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
The Voice In The Back Of Your Head
And so, the Lost One was united with The Fairy, who was not quite what the Lost One had expected - but would still no doubt prove invaluable in the adventure to come.

The fae that united the two waved back, walking off into the distance, until out of sight. Whether it was walking off to aid another wanderer trapped in this world, none could know.

And with that, the Lost One and The Fairy were off, their goal simple: reach the Queen's castle and get out of this world, without losing their name. The Fairy was more than capable of navigating through the colorful lands to the castle, so there was no fear of being lost, no matter how confusing or illogical the layout may be.

But with the Fae, "simple" never stayed as such for long.

They'd reach a field like any other, green grass going on for what felt like forever. It would look like they were the only ones here, yet there was an unmistakable feeling of something off, like they were being watched.

A moment later, they'd find this was more than just a feeling, a strange voice appearing in their head, one that felt so close, yet surrounding them.

"
What are you?" it asked.

Prompts:

Answer the question
Optional: Try to look around for whatever asked the question
Optional: React to the feeling of being watched

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 20:31:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

What… why was the odd, prickly feeling that had been bothering him since their arrival… it never left? It was like…

“What’re you lookin’ at?!” the not-Carina ‘Ribombee’ huffed at him, and he quickly held up his hands in the classic ‘don’t hit me’ pose.

“I just. I can’t shake off the feeling that there’s like… multiple pairs of eyes watching me. It feels… creepy-crawly,” he replied quietly.

“Like… floating eyeballs in mid-air kind of creepy. The kind that makes my skin crawl the longer I think about it.”

“Huh. I’onno ‘bout you. You’re weird.”

“…you’re definitely not like Carina,” he muttered—only this time to himself.

Just… where did the other voice come from, anyway? It was like trying to find a needle in a gigantic haystack as he looked around the never-ending field of green.

“First off,” he tried, addressing the… the space in front of him, “…why are you hiding? Or… are you the one watching me from… wherever you are?”

Better safe than sorry…

“Also… I’m lost.”

Did that… answer the other question?

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 23:17:47 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1144773474343211078/Fae_Kingdom_-_Tension.mp3[/player]
Fae Kingdom - Tension

[attr="class","monody"]
Straight Outta The Ground
"I am not hiding," the voice argued. "But I am watching you. That's how I know you're here in my field."

The voice soon gained a source, emerging from the grass itself. The fae was no taller than the Fairy accompanying the Lost One, its eyes closed yet undoubtedly watching the pair.

Its indignant tone carried on. "
And I already know you're lost. I wasn't asking you if you knew where you were going, because there's only one place a Human and their Fairy would be going."

"
I asked what are you! It's not like I'm trying to steal your identity or anything, unlike some fae around here."

Its face momentarily looked in a specific direction - before moving back to the Lost One. The fae wasn't lying - the Fairy would even confirm that a fae could not tell a direct lie.

"
What are you?" it asked.

Prompts:

Answer the question
Optional: Ask any questions you may have

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 9:45:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers,” the not-Carina snarked from beside him.

He had to resist the urge to roll his eyes because holy hellballs on a stick, why was his companion this sassy?!

“You’re not helping!” he couldn’t help but sass back to his companion, before biting his lip and internally rolling his eyes at his companion. Not to mention internally screaming, too, but that was for another day.

Didn’t this one already kinda answer the ques— he thought, biting his lip even harder now because what was his luck?!

He noticed the other one looked in a specific direction, but he would shelve that for later.

“Well, one thing’s fo’ sure, they’re not lying, though kinda rude…” he heard his companion’s voice continue before he shook his head vehemently and made shushing noises to quiet the other!

“Err… sorry if they’re being sassy. That was not my intention!” he apologized, bowing so low he was almost halfway to the ground before he straightened up again.

“Anyway… I’m a human,” he tried again.

“Are there any particular fae we have to watch out for while trying to get out of here?”

That was the next essential question he remembered to ask, since some of them were undeniably going to try to get him permanently lost in this space.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 20:07:51 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
Straight Outta The Ground
Eyes forever closed might not express much, but the Lost One would still be able to understand the fae's expressions - a raised eyebrow as the Fairy spoke with its sass, to the squinting as the Lost One gave the same answer yet again.

Even more impressive considering the fae lacked any eyebrows, but the intent would still be clear. Just as clear as the groan that came from it.

"
Ugh! No! I already know you're a human! What kind of human are you?! Some humans are fighters, some are bakers, some are watchers - so what kind of human are you?!"

It took a moment from its anger to think upon the Lost One's question. "
Well, I will tell you that The Queen's told a lot of us about you disobeying her. The Ruler's lapdogs are gonna be more aggressive 'cause of that, if they find you, so you gotta watch out for them. The ones that're less happy…well, we at least wanna talk to you. Some might take up more of your time than others, and uh, some might not really remember how to properly talk to non-fae."

It offered a shrug. "
So I guess everyone here's gonna give you trouble?"

Still, its question lingered in the air, the fae waiting intently for an answer it liked.

Prompts:

Answer the question (hint: it's asking what kind of Human Alexei is)
Optional: Ask any questions you may have

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 9:53:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

(To be fair, he needed context for the question.)

Now that he had actual context for what kind of a human he was, he understood right away what they meant!

Oh. Well, if you specified th— he thought before a mess of words started tumbling out of him.

“I’m many things, I don’t know if you know about drag queens but I’m one of those. I’m also a bartender, but I’onno if you have bars in here either. I’m also a baker, but not as often unless I’m absolutely losing it so uh…”

He trailed off before realizing that half of what he said may not have made any sense! Either way…

“I take care of Pokémon… so there’s that too. A caretaker? Yeah. Close.”

He was erring on the side of caution about mentioning him being a gym leader because that concept may fly over the fae’s head…

“Wait, why do you want to know what kind of human I am?” he followed up a few moments later.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights