twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
A Summation of Ultra Space [AMIGO]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 4:28:13 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon sat just outside of the café that had been near the block surrounding Mauvile University. The scent of dough and desserts mixed with the caffeine and cream of their drinks permeated through the air as the scientist brought her phone out of her purse. Fingers drummed the face of the desk while her eyes drifted across the screen for an update on the person she had been meeting here. Callan Young, one of the names that seemed to be everywhere in Hoenn these days. The musician and elite four member led his own band, Teravolt, and now he was a record label of some kind? She sometimes wondered how he even had time to eat with what felt like all of his meetings.

"Perhaps I should have left a little later..." Soyeon said as she eyed the clock. 8:12 a.m. Their meeting had been planned for 10 a.m., but the busy worker had a tendency to arrived incredibly early in order to be on time. There was little in between for her, as she was an incredibly heavy sleeper. She was reminded of this solely because of Vacoule nudging her awake in order to finish a lab result due several minutes ago. The newborn Bulbasaur rested beside her, his head napping against her lap. "Bulb...bah..."

"Oh well, I suppose I can work on some things while I'm waiting." She reached for a black messenger back by her seat and pulled out a laptop. With a quick boot up and entering her credentials, the woman would log into her desktop back at the lab remotely and begin to work at the cafe.

When the time had come for the meeting, Soyeon had several mountains of paperwork surrounding the table, alongside two empty coffee cups as she worked on downing a third. Dark chocolate roast with a hint of cream. A personal favorite.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 13:21:01 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Here is the passage edited for smoother flow and readability:

Callan arrived five minutes early, already a vast improvement. Hiring a personal secretary had been a godsend for him and, frankly, for everyone else within his sphere of chaos.

No more missed meetings or 30-minute tardiness. No more hungover stumbling into events where he was meant to present. Twenty years maturing in an alternate timeline had also lent him a modicum of punctuality.

Callan popped into the university cafe with a subtle warp, exchanging a few pleasantries with his secretary Mandy and the Gardevoir Eurea. With a wave, Eurea then warped off with Mandy in tow.

He wore a tailored black blazer, unbranded but fitted. Underneath, a navy button-down patterned with subtle Spinda swirls. Designer sunglasses perched on his nose, now removed with a smile and tucked into his breast pocket.

Callan strolled up the steps to find Soyeon, who had busied herself with her Bulbasaur. "Hello, Dr. Kwan," he said striding to shake her hand. "What's the next breakthrough?" Callan asks, curious as to what she'd been writing up.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 6:26:43 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
"Mm?" Soyeon would look up as a voice spoke up to her. To be completely honest, she was so far in the zone that she hadn't even noticed that the clock had changed from the time it had read before, being about 9:26. But standing before her would be a well dressed(?) man in a blazer and Spinda inspired attire. She found it charming and adorable, letting out a soft chuckle at the attire while she'd flash a smile at the man before her. "Ah, Mr. Young. It's quite an honor to meet one-on-one with somebody such as yourself. Thank you for fitting me into your schedule." Her hand fell into his, shaking it with a certain firmness that one gave who knew their way around professional meetings. Soyeon hadn't listened to any kind of music of his as she was much more of a classic woman herself. Outside of that, she was a bit of a novice. After all, she just recently understood what EDM was!

Soyeon looked back down at her laptop as she'd slide it over to show Callan. There wasn't really any threat of showing any important documentation, but more so making graphs and putting an image to their findings. Callan would see several views of one strange looking mushroom brought up across the desktop of a kind of plant "Not a breakthrough, persay, but we've uncovered quite the sample from the latest expedition into the Ultra Crater. It's an odd finding for sure, but one that's special. See, it has some rather odd property of having cells that have regenerative properties. But these aren't as specific to the Ultra Crater as their kind, meaning that should we provide a suitable climate and such, it may be possible to see what allows them that property. Meaning that we may possibly have some way of replicating it for related fungi."

Soyeon caught herself as she would cautiously part some hair from her ears, her cheeks flushed a tad. "Sorry. I tend to ramble a bit at times...But that's what I've been busy with as of late. So did you wish to speak about Ultra Space?"

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 12:41:31 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"It's strange for me to hear those words." Callan admits, with a self-effacing chuckle. "I used to busk here every Tuesday for 10 pokedollars an album."

He moves over to look at Soyeon's laptop. "I'll be the first to say that the regenerative properties of fungal growths is not my field of expertise." But it's applications, that was something that interested him. His eyes turn towards Soyeon,

"Actually I'm mainly interested in your research, Dr. Kwan." Callan begins, as he waves over a waiter and orders a flat white for himself. "Just for full disclosure, I'd like to fund some projects that might be able to help people out by turning them into household items. Something that'd grant ease of life to those that need it. But I do wanna hear about what you've learned so far about Ultra Space."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 0:09:30 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon couldn't say that it wasn't an interesting application of the sciences. "A noble endeavor. " She commented, stricken with a sense of curiosity about the everyday applications of what Ultra Space had to offer.

"Although, I must warn you, even if you've heard it before, this is a dangerous frontier that you've set your sights on. No matter how much we colonize or grow familiar with it, Ultra Space is still incredibly dangerous. There are things we have yet to learn, even after countless expeditions inside. That being said…"

The woman smiled at Callan, finishing off the final remnants of her coffee while setting it down next to the other empty ones. "I would be more than willing to assist you, but first, what kinds of projects would you need my research to help with? If you have any specifics, I can point to work I've done that should prove useful to you."

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 11:40:26 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Yes, but it's also for money, I'll admit." Callan smiles. "Still, the idea of being able to make a fridge that doesn't use any power. Or the ability to make transports or pocket-spaces so that we can easily move around is compelling."

Callan pauses as he listens to Soyeon. "Any that you're currently researching, Soyeon." Came his answer, "But if you're asking me what types of materials I'd like to have researched, I do have a few." Callan takes out his phone, slipping Soyeon several images and their descriptions.

https://i.ibb.co/8gbcqJL/originore.png

"The first, seemingly produces some kind of ability to manipulate the fabric of space time. It's a constant source of danger in Ultra Sea, smashing one causes rifts to tear open." Callan begins, "The second is a kind of super adhesive made from Naganadel fluids. Not as impressive as creating portals, but I'd wonder if it can still be used in practical applications."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 21:29:46 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
While she had only been fairly interested in what Callen was talking about. But as her eyes scanned over the pictures shown to her, her interest was piqued. One more than the other, but commercializing both did have their own sort of opportunities for people. Her face leaned closer towards the pictures, an awestruck expression firmly plastered on her face. She focused on the first thing shown off while processing what she had just been told.

"Fascinating. By the general appearance, I'd have to really guess that this must be a mineral of some kind. But producing worm holes when they're destroyed is what has really piqued my interest. Do the wormholes created by this last for a set duration, or does it vary depending on the sample? How stable are the wormholes? Is it a one way travel method or can it go both ways?" Her barrage of questions at Callan launched and only continued as the adhesive was shown next.

"Ah, Naganadel adhesive. Although the mild discoloration as well as being made from their fluids and not the byproduct does make it look different than its regular poison." She rubbed her chin in thought, staring at the picture while debating on whether or not another person she knew could have something worth noting about this. "I have a colleague that has put a theory forward that could assist you. It's not been proven or disproven for its...methods that would be needed to verify, but it involves Poipole and Naganadel biology. His assertion is, theoretically of course, that their genetic make up contains a more concentrated and stronger adhesive than the kind they're known for. And that the process of chambering and expelling that adhesive from their body dilutes it by only a minor amount. An honest sort of theory, but I think you can guess as to why it's remained a theory for so long."

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 10:16:56 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan pauses as he takes out a large, black briefcase the size of a small trunk. It was pitch black and encased on all sides in what seemed to be blackened carbon fiber. "I have a sample of both here. Perhaps it'd be easier if I showed you, do you happen to have a lab that can withstand explosions?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 0:47:34 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
He had actually brought samples of both with him?! Soyeon watched as he'd show the case by his feet with cautious but optimistic eyes. "Not my own, but i have several favors to use back at the university that I can call in. If you'll follow me, Mr. Young." Soyeon quickly packed her laptop up and cleaned off the table before leaving with the man in tow. Her heels clacked along the ground while they traveled to their destination.

They arrived at the university campus as Soyeon would be able to rub her shoulders with the right people and get a proper laboratory that was private from the rest. They went inside as Soyeon turned the plastic flag outside to a red color, signaling that the room was currently in use. She then looked to Callan and nod her head along, motioning to the briefcase.

"There, that should give us some needed privacy. Now then, if you'll do us the honors, Mr. Young. I'll be right beside you."

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 5:56:41 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan follows Soyeon to the laboratory, waiting as she pulled her favor for use, and on her signal, he nods.

He opens the case up, and takes out the mysterious ore from Ultra Deep Sea he had previously taken. There were two samples, and the other samples held Naganadel residue inside glass vials.

"Stand back a little Dr. Kwan." Callan said, as he flings the ore against the wall of the opposite side. The ore shatters, creating an explosion. From it, red crystals formed outwards into shards following the trace of the red flames, transforming itself into strange, crystalline formations, flaring out into like sharp tendrils of ruby.

"It's saved us more than a few times by sealing rifts." Callan began, turning back towards Soyeon. "If you wouldn't mind, I can leave a sample with you, see what you can come up with on the properties of the matter."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 2:47:30 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Such a fascinating case, more even with the contents that it held. Soyeon had to be pulled back by Callan while he'd demonstrate the usage of the ore sample before her. The chunk was thrown against a wall and then promptly exploded all over the laboratory. She held her hands up to deflect from whatever may come to her but was left amazed as the crystals would follow the trail of flame into a brilliant, even if somewhat disturbing, crystalline build.

"You've used it to seal rifts?" Soyeon asked, taking a closer look at the undisturbed samples in the box with confusion. Still, she was quite excited about studying this kind of thing. Callan would be able to see her awkward but excited little hops and bouncing as she'd go super into detail about things he likely already knew. After babbling about Ultra Space a little more, she'd carefully take the samples and (extremely gently) place them into their own little cases. "I've actually got a bit of a theory. But it will require some finesse."

She motioned to the chunks in front of Callan. "Now, I don't want to ask you to blow up a perfectly good laboratory, but could you get me a small part of the crystals on the sample without causing another explosion?"

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 5:33:15 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan watches with subtle amusement as Soyeon seemingly hops in place from the excitement of seeing crystal fragments in action. He nods, "Of course. The crystals are stable." He comments, as he sends out his Iron Valiant, Galahad.

With its blade, the Valiant slices through chunks of the crystalized essence and levitates several of the samples towards the doctor. Callan looks around, taking the briefcase that he had originally stored it in, and Galahad places several samples into the opening spaces. "Do you need help with funding?" Callan asks, turning towards Soyeon. His eyes briefly lingered in hers.

A knot in his throat forms, as he wonders if the professor was single. "Would you... also happen to be free for dinner?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 22:36:12 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon's eyes perked up upon seeing the Iron Galiant, her nerdish demeanor showing full force as she'd fawn over the Pokémon's appearance. With a few slashes of the blades on its arms, Soyeon cautiously plucked a sample of the ore from the ground and made her way over towards some of the microscopes on a nearby table. Always the busy bee she was. Still, she'd motion for Callan to follow her while she got to work almost immediately. Her Bulbasaur, meanwhile, would remain busy resting on her briefcase and guarding it from anybody who may try and take it by napping on it.

"I may need some capital." Soyeon answered as she'd adjust the settings on the instrument, holding an eye down while looking for an preliminary sights of any little details that stood out to her. "I'll need to see if I can find a geologist and have them take a look at the samples. And I'd also need time to actually devote to studying where these came from. But a little help wouldn't hurt." Her eyes looked up from the microscope to meet Callan and-

At his question, she felt her mind come to a halt. He was asking her out, definitely. She hadn't been asked out, rather the askee, so the feeling was entirely new. Stunned, Soyeon's brain racked up how she should answer. The doctor certainly wasn't into guys but was she going to agree to this date and just fake it all the way? Soyeon was visibly shaken by the question but looked away, frowning. "I...ah, apologize, Mr. Young. I'm...Uh, guys- I mean." she stammered up, a flush on her face. "I'm not looking for a relationship right now. But we can meet for dinner tonight as colleagues...if you wish."

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 10:01:03 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Oh, I see." Callan replies, catching the gist, thought it seems to have unexpectedly come out from her mouth. Regardless, his lips were sealed, it seemed a sensitive matter.

"Of course." He chuckles, "I'm happy to just have dinner and a conversation as colleagues." He replies.

But the more important matter was of her funding, and whether he was able to supply it. "I'll be frank, I'm not in the most stable financial situation at the moment." He begins, "But I will soon, and when that occurs, I'll reach out to you on the funding."

It seemed a good time as any to pause their negotiations, in the meantime. "I won't take up more of your time, is there anything else you'd like to mention?"

MADE BY MIZO
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights