twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 10:03:07 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"mister young."

his greeting is kept simple and short as an important discussion looms over them, carrying with it implications and a possible sense of duty and belonging.

he offers a handshake.

"i've only heard wonderful things about you. it's a pleasure."
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 12:55:46 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The space they met in was a trendy local coffee shop tucked away on a side street near Upper Slateport. The aromatic smells of roasted beans and baked treats filled the chic interior.

Callan firmly shook Alexander's hand in greeting. "Alex, thanks for taking the time to meet with me," he said politely as they both settled into the plush armchairs, "it's not every day that someone of your stature reaches out."

Alexander had not only revived and led the Hoenn Pokemon League as Champion, but also steered the Devon Corporation to great success as its CEO. Callan was intrigued to learn what motivated this man.

Leaning forward intently, Callan rests his arms on his knees as he listens. "So... straight to business?" He grins, as he waves for a flat white and sips. "Would you mind telling me a bit about your experience as CEO of Devon?"

In truth, he had so many more questions for the man, but this was as good a place to start.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 10:16:26 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]it seems his stature has outlived him; naturally so; he accepts the compliment with a small smile before moving to sit.

"straight to business."

it's not urgency that drives this conversation but curiosity. what could come from this, he wonders.

"devon was in a particular state when my father was running it. not limbo, but also not developing. it was clear that devon needed to grow and expand if it were to survive in this climate. that was what i mostly focused on—devon's growth."

"we managed, for a time, even in the face of fierce competition from silph co and others."
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 10:21:54 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan nods as he listens. "So you grew your company to a sizeable corporation, and managed to have it resist Silph for a while." He summarised, "What do you think ultimately caused the takeover to occur?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 10:29:09 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"my death."

a soft chuckle accompanies.

"devon had been built around my family and the stone legacy. i would not say it had been a mistake to do as much, no, but the mistake came later on when i overestimated my own capabilities. i thought myself invincible."
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 10:37:06 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I see, that really is an unfortunate turn. No one expects a death from someone so young, and I imagine it'd have thrown the corporation into a bit of chaos."

He would have wondered how he was alive again, but he already knew based on the events of Mt. Pyre.

Callan sips his flat white as he brings up a list of questions from his phone. "So, in general, I have no issues about your managerial skills. I think your experience in Devon speaks for itself. Can you tell me what motivated your interest in taking the CEO position in our company?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 10:46:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"do you believe in fate, callan?"

he sips his coffee briefly before continuing.

"i didn't, at least not before my death, and i'm still not sure if i do now. what i do believe, however, is that we're all here for a reason."

his body inches closer, subtle as he explains.

"admittedly, i've yet to find mine, but i would like to find tethers to help me do that. working with and the league is one of them. i was hoping teravolt would be another."
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 10:50:57 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I believe in a greater plan yes. Though, perhaps in an agnostic, I'll-never-be-sure kind of way." Callan replies, though he definitely was not expect that response. "How did fate guide you to Teravolt, then?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 10:56:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"perhaps in the case of teravolt, it had been more coincidence than anything. i had been searching for opportunities since my return and have yet to find any that interest me. until teravolt."

his hand rises in a gentle gesture.

"it was actually you, callan, that caught my attention. in particular, your story and how teravolt came to be. though some may judge me for it, i have no interest in running devon again. what i am interested in now is helping teravolt reach further heights so that its story may do to others what it had done to me."

a pause.

"it gave me hope."
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 14:36:27 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Me? Oh, thank you," Callan replies, somewhat surprised.

"I appreciate you sharing that with me. I can understand why some may find it unusual that you don't want to run Devon again after being away," Callan says.

He continues, "Help me understand - why do you feel focusing on Teravolt is a better opportunity for you right now than going back to lead your family's company?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 7:35:31 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"because there is nothing left to lead in devon. it functions fine on its own as a subsidiary, and it's important for people to know that my family's legacy does not only revolve around devon."

it revolves around their children. alexander, , , and . they carry and embody what it means to be a stone.
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 9:33:50 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I see, in other words, the company is doing fine under your siblings." Callan replies.

He takes a moment, ruby eyes stare down at his phone questions, but none of them really hit the nail of what he wanted to express.

So he hoped some honesty would.

"I want to be honest with you Alex," Callan begins, "I am hesitant in hiring a CEO that I've never met until this point." Callan pauses.

"I founded Teravolt to be a place that empowers artists and resists exploitation. Given your ties to Devon as a subsidiary of Silph Corporation, I'll be upfront - I have some concerns about potential conflicts of interest if you were to take an official role here.

My goal isn't to judge you by your associations. I respect that you have an impressive track record that speaks for itself. But I'd be lying if I didn't voice out my hesitations.

This isn't personal - it's about protecting something incredibly meaningful to me. It's hard for me to trust anyone with this dream of mine without knowing about the other person.

Would you happen to have anything that would make my fears unfounded?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 10:29:13 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]when callan shares, alexander listens, playing the role well as he nods and nods and nods.

"and i appreciate you voicing your hesitations; hesitations i fully understand; hesitations i would have too if i were in your position."

he pauses.

"but let me assure you that my ties to devon are of no conflict. any business i have with them died when i did."
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 5:49:20 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan pauses to take in the Alex's words. His eyes flicker between the man's two ice blue ones, then to his coffee cup. He taps it lightly, the weight was surprisingly light without any liquid in it.

"I will need some time to think." Callan begins, "The CEO position is something I put great weight in, and it matters to me about the person who sits on it. I'd like an opportunity to have a few more drinks with you, and a dinner, before we make a confirmation." He returns his gaze back to Alexander.

"In the meantime, I'll be setting up the company. Once it's in a more prepared state, I'll contact you again." He slowly stands up, to end the meeting with a handshake. "How does a drink sound? And, if you'd like to meet my staff or artists, you're more than welcome to."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
STILL LIFE
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 9:44:37 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"of course."

it is not a decision to make lightly. with time, the weight of it should become easier. he hopes it will not be too heavy for callan to bear.

he stands, returning the handshake.

"we'll catch up over drinks soon, i'm sure. and yes! it would be great for meet the staff and artists. i'll have my assistant reach out to set something up."