TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 23:58:10 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

with everything settled, the events of the ancient tomb start to flicker and fade. but they don't disappear completely — the memories cling to him like pieces of ash that jayden can't quite get rid of.

[break][break] fern. the crown. ballonea. necrozoma.

[break][break] the next morning, he awakens early. he goes for a run along sootopolis' outer crater when he receives a text from to open his door.

[break][break] jayden slows to a stop to see the familiar bright-blue flash of hair of his friend at his doorway, holding what looks to be a starbucks container.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
post-gg

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 1:35:29 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint had been a roiling mass of negativity the past few days after their joint 20 year dream inside the strange legendary objects. Processing had begun, and Mint had been unstable since. He'd seen once, when he woke up before the sudden confusion and overwhelming wave of rampaging feelings associated with the fellow beast wracked him so intensely he'd thrown up. [break][break]

Like passing out from a roller coaster or alcohol poisoning. Either would've been preferable honestly. And since? He hadn't seen him. Or anybody really. Much like when Gelatto passed, Mint had settled in his apartment to rot. And rot away he did. A solid week of nothing but working from home, if at all, ordering take out, and then crying in his bathtub as flashed of something he wished he could forget flashed in his mind's eye at the drop of a hat. [break][break]

Mundane things triggered the memories he wished had been buried in his subconscious. He just wanted to go back to normal. [break][break]

So there he found himself at Jayden's house, waiting for or Jayden to let him in. He'd brought the usual offering: starbucks and some pastries. But he doesn't carry the usual bright smile. In fact his appearance is less put together than usual. Sporting stained joggers, and a dark hoodie despite the intense summer heat. Mildly greasy hair is pulled back with a headbands and tied into a high bun. His eyes are red, his dark circles are huge. And a couple of star stickers dot his face, covering up break outs he was at the very least trying to control. Muted. He was muted today. [break][break]

"Hey." he said, flat despite the small smile he tried to produce. "Got your usual."

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc | right after gg

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images3.imgbox.com/3e/a8/PwEMDBHK_o.jpg); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 18:03:54 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

he was glad to see mint.

[break][break] even though they'd spent the last twenty years together in a fugue state, even though he'd just seen the other last week as a part of an internal review, even when he still remembered the last text message that the other sent him in the CERBERUS group chat, it was a relief to see mint.

[break][break] one thing that anchored him to this world, rather than the dream-like state of the other.

[break][break] even though mint had been there too. maybe?

[break][break] "thanks."

[break][break] jayden takes the black coffee from the tray, taking a sip from the hot liquid. he blinks, looking over at mint — taking a mental calculation of his state compared to last time — and pauses.

[break][break] "you seem tired, mint."

[break]

post-gg

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 21:50:10 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

He nodded once, taking off his shoes with care by the door before closing it behind him. He sets Fern's drink on the counter, padding quietly. "Fern?" he called out lightly, not quite remembering if Jayden had said he'd be home or not. Either way he got him something. It'd still be good hours from. [break][break]

"Oh?" The lilt in his voice is weak. An effort was being made to sound less monotone. He's not sure if this is him trying to sound normal, or trying to fake normal. [break][break]

But he knew what happened when he isolated himself. He remembers if almost as suddenly as Galar. Goosebumps and spine tingling. Ice cold, and the smell of rot. When he sees that in his own home, one crafted with so much care, he has to leave. Anywhere would do. But Jayden is always an option, even if he doesn't want to burden him. [break][break]

He'd walked a few times and it hadn't worked so this was his next step. If he could stay distracted long enough, he would weather the mental storm he was stuck in. "I didn't sleep well." he said as he took a sip of his frap. He eyes Jayden, genuinely curious of his own status after Galar. "And you? Same work load as before?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images3.imgbox.com/3e/a8/PwEMDBHK_o.jpg); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 22:26:17 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"fern's at work," jayden reminded mint, sliding off his shoes by the door. his fingers ghosted over the security panel, locking it securely, before he stepped into the monochrome space.

[break][break] in the time that he and had been together, his apartment had made a subtle shift from cold and unassuming to slightly warmer. there was evidence of the other admin littered all across the apartment. none of which was as adorable as lada and hesus cuddling on the slate-gray couch, with a multi-colored blanket draped over them.

[break][break] "yeah," jayden says, stepping towards him. the back of his hand presses against the beast's head to check his temperature. "but you're not feverish."

[break][break] jayden doesn't sip his coffee yet. he simply frowns, avoiding the question.

[break][break] "no. tell me."

[break][break] "what's the matter?"

[break]

post-gg

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 22:47:41 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

tw: self harm [break][break]

"Right...I'll text him I got him stuff." Mint said as he set down his drink, and pulled out his phone, eyes glazing over as he focused on the screen and letting his friend know his drink was melting without him, Oops. [break][break]

He froze, blinking as he sent his text and looking up at Jayden as he ran his assessment. "Yah. I just I haven't slept well." His eyes dart down to his drink before leaning against the kitchen island and looking back at Jayden. [break][break]

"Can't sleep." He repeated with a small shrug. He bites at his straw, chewing on the top for a moment as he tires to figure out what answer Jayden wanted. But then again- [break][break]

He looks down at his hands, uncovered wrists a reminder of a past he'd tried so hard to bury. It creeps up when he sits at home to rot. A little at a time is fine. But he'd gone for too long. And its worse with the memories of Galar. Interspersed bitter sweet images so crisp at times and so fuzzy at others. It's lie ka bad trip. And every time he thinks of he feels something grip at his throat. Something raw and bitter and powerful. [break][break]

A GRUDGE he hadn't realized he'd cultivated. But maybe that's also thanks to the company he liked to keep. Maybe, if he realized this later, he'd speak to on it. For now, he remained avoidant. Lest he direct those feelings to the friends he needed to keep him afloat. [break][break]

"I'm- I think I'm here- mostly- but I think my brain is still trying to get back to Galar." he confessed.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 22:55:38 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

it isn't the first time he's seen it, but it is the first time that he considers it relevant. jayden's face pinches together with concern as the silence in the apartment takes up more space, the sound of the beast chewing on the straw the only thing that echoes there.

[break][break] after a moment, he breaks it.

[break][break] "did i ever tell you," he says, with little to no preamble. "this story?"

[break][break]

he holds up his wrist. not the other wounds that crater his shoulder, but on the underside of one of his forearms, are an unmistakable streak of scars — ones that might recognize most intimately.

[break] jayden steps forward, taking the plastic cup gently from the other's grip, and then onto the island counter.

[break][break] "mint," he says evenly. "tell me what's bothering you."

post-gg [break][break]

tw: self-harm mention

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 23:15:00 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

For once, Mint doesn't make an effort to break the silence. He lets it engulf them. Mint was always quiet when he wanted Jayden's advice. If not that then his comfort. When he didn't have to take the lead and he could just shut up and listen. The moments are few and far in between. Rarely did he like being vulnerable with others. But Jayden he could trust. [break][break]

Finally Jayden speaks, and Mint's eyes are stuck to him. "No." the answer is quick, cold. He feels a pin prick of panic. Uncomfortable tingles scurrying up his spine. [break][break]

It's funny. He's spent years staring at his own scars. Years of tying to hide them, fix them, correct them. Heling them fade with time despite having carved them into his very mind. He'd never forget, even if they disappeared. And so he had no attachment to them. Sometimes he was afraid that even in the future, he'd always be able to see them. Unable to grow past it, even if they did fade from everyone else's eyes. [break][break]

But his own marks don't make him shudder like seeing Jayden's. Eyebrows scrunch together and his eyes widen a little bit in concern. The usual questions come up. When? Why? But he doesn't voice them. It's horrifying. [break][break]

And it's funny too, in a sick way. How used he was to his, numb to the truth behind them. But see Jayden's and he's horrified, scared. And the urge to offer comfort bubbles up inside him before fading out at Jayden's next words. Distracted from a natural impulse. [break][break]

"Galar." he said back, voice rising in pitch just a little. A change from the deadpan of before. "I-...I didn't- I don't-..." he paused, swallowing hard. "I can't forget." He tenses. "I can't forget like everyone else."

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 23:22:44 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

of the terror that experiences, jayden is unaware. he has spent too many nights with his own terrors that he can't seem to fathom anybody elses.

[break][break] they are just a story. just like any one of his other scars.

[break][break] at the mention of galar, his gaze steels. then softens. anxiety bubbles in his throat at the only worries that he holds tight to his chest, and then he remembers — this is mint. not him.

[break][break] "you don't have to forget," he says. with that, jayden steps forward, closing in on mint's space. a frown turns his lip. "you can - "

[break][break] "you can just be mint, mint."

[break][break] "don't force it."

[break][break] a hand, like freshly fallen snow, is placed onto the boy's blue locks.

[break]

post-gg [break][break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 23:42:12 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

He's not uncomfortable. He had more than enough experience being in Jayden's personal bubble. He's always been naturally clingy, to his detriment. And, in any case, there's nowhere for him to go. "I- I want to." he said feeling a gentle hand on his hair. He leans into the affection a moment, frowning as he mulled over something beyond Jayden. [break][break]

"I hated Ballonlea." He doesn't have to be specific. It all was horrid. The friend's he'd made, he'd lost. The effort he'd put there, lost. A giant dream zone he and many others had been forced in. Except most had the blessing of forgetting. [break][break]

"I'm not. It- I just...I just want to go through my day a-and not have weird dream memories that knock me off my feet." he said, deadpan straying into something more bitter, which he rarely was. [break][break]

"Most people I talk to- they have trouble remembering. I can remember entire weeks because of how awful I felt." And the anger festered. He'd woken up from that collective dream with everyone else, choking on his own bile, literally, as the flood of images from that other reality flooded his consciousness.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 18:57:56 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

'i hated ballonea.'

[break][break] his fingers tighten. his jaw locks. the reaction is instantaneous, and it is only because of a lifetime of restraint that he is able to pull himself back. his fingers loosen, slipping away from the beast's scalp, and he steps back.

[break][break] even then, in the slate-gray of his home, the admin's eyes are still as hard as charcoal.

[break][break] "don't say that," he says, stiffly. "that's my hometown."

[break][break] but even so, he can exercise sympathy. he understands, if only a little bit, how difficult it can be. to be unable to wake up from a nightmare. he steps away from the beast, walking across the island to open the fridge. he pulls a tray of fruit, one of which is an orange. a sting of memory reminds him of , who he hasn't heard from either. setting it onto the island, he picks one up and pulls apart the skin, slowly and carefully.

[break][break] a gesture towards the other implicates for him to do the same. physical motions can sometimes ease the pain.

[break][break] "things get easier with time," he says. "you're not in galar, anymore. you're here. you're home."

[break][break]

post-gg [break][break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 23:06:52 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

It's fast. There and gone in an instant. He almost doesn't believe he felt a sudden tug at his hair but then…he doesn't doubt it for a second either. A gesture of intimacy is retracted and Mint voices his shock with wide, alert eyes. Confusion bordering with a biting anger brimming in the ghost of tears in his eyes. But Jayden only shuts him out. And Mint grows defensive, bristling as if his friend's hand was still in his hair. [break][break]

Mint's jaw sets as Jayden tries to move past it but he ignores the next gesture of care. He doesn't just ignore it. "Oh, I'm sorry." He started with a tone that very much was unapologetic. "I'm sure it's so easy to forget the paradise that was Ballonlea when you lived your fairytale ending." [break][break]

Bitterness builds. The seeds of resentment cultivated by years of a feedback loop of negativity and aided by 's GRUDGE aura that firmly cemented the poison into his soul. "No disrespect to you, Your Majesty." the words feel foreign in his mouth and sound strange on his tongue. Pieces fade but what remains stark against everything else is a sense of regret that claws at his insides raw. But despite the flare up, ‘You’re home’ sounds like a balm to his frayed nerves. Yah, he had a home now. And so he calms just a touch though still irritated. He holds onto the discomfort despite himself.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 21:08:18 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

'paradise?'

[break][break] "you think my childhood was paradise?"

[break][break] electricity lights up in his violet gaze — but unkind, volatile.

[break][break] jayden had never, not once, laid a hand on mint. in the same way that had never laid a hand on him. but perhaps that was sheer luck, not intention.

[break][break] it's the your majesty that has him triggered though, standing stiff above . his jaw locked.

[break][break] "what exactly are you so upset about, mint?"

[break]

post-gg [break][break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 22:24:00 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"I think Galar was your paradise." Mint said, words clipped despite the chill he felt under Jayden's gaze. He'd never, truly, gotten into it with Jayden. Despite how much he adored him, they'd never argued. Never fought. They weren't that close, really. There were still things they didn't know about each other. Jayden would die for him and Mint felt confident he'd do the same. But that could've been Rocket loyalty. [break][break]

There's scars he hasn't seen. He's proven that already. And while any other time he'd back off- apologize even for the nerve he's striking, he's too angry to do so now. He digs heels and claws in, even if its dangerous and hurtful. [break][break]

Mint stands firm, meeting violet eyes with his own pale green ones. Jayden grows stony, but Mint only does the opposite. Lips pulled back into the snarl, tears bubbling just bellow the surface, and a choking heat at the base of his throat that nearly suffocated him. "I. HATED. Ballonlea!" he repeated, pausing at every word for emphasis. [break][break]

A lot of memories are still fresh. Those tied the closest to strong emotion. Like others he would forget, but Mint's pain came from that he remembered so much. His time more turbulent than most. Or at the very least, he hadn't coped properly like everyone else. [break][break]

"I hated being stuck- I- I hated who we were with!" The feeling of claustrophobia. Of paranoia. What was real? Would they survive? How long would this last? If Hell was other people, then Mint had survived it. "I hated you!" the words come out like the rush of a river current. "I hated how busy you were- you all were." Not just Jayden. But and had gotten so wrapped up in routine, in duty, in something. Their faces- their memories faded. At some point he just didn't remember seeing them anymore. Just him. Just . And something insane- something angry and bitter and vengeful claws at the back of his brain with emotions so visceral it makes him sick. [break][break]

"What the fuck did you have to worry about?! Everything fell into place for you! You had - you were happy! And you have- had the nerve to tell me this is normal?!" the tears fall from his eyes but sobs don't choke out his words as he finds an outlet. One of his dearest friends. "I don't even fucking remember what you said but it was wrong. You were wrong- You left me in the dust with one massive fucking problem until it drove me into the ground and you didn't care. Because it wasn't work and it wasn't Fern." [break][break]

He's even sure if he should be angry. He's not even sure if this makes sense. It was a dream. But it was vivid. A weird memento had manifested in his pocket. The tarot deck. The thing that haunted him. He'd locked it up in his desk and refused to touch it because every time he did he fell into the trap of a memory. And it hurt. It hurt so much. The faces and details and names fade with every replay of a memory. But the pain stays. Every time he thinks he's done, it comes back. It's endless. And it's terrifying. Would he carry this broken heart with him forever? Without even knowing what it was from?

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
untangled [m]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 2:01:23 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"how can it be paradise if you can't remember it?"

[break][break] the bitterness rises in his tone, but it isn't for mint but it's for himself. disappointment that it should have been a thing he remembered with the utmost clarity, guilt that he had somehow let down rocket yet again.

[break][break] 'i hated who we were with.'

[break][break] "you hated - " me? fern? felix? "us?"

[break][break] and the second he said us, mint said you.

[break][break] the coldness from his face drops into hurt. it cracks across his face, splitting like lightning, and he steps back.

[break][break] suddenly, memories roll forth. but they're not memories from galar, they're not from hoenn, they're from kanto. from , confronting him in the dark of a warzone, of telling him that he was leaving.

[break][break] mint says words, but he doesn't hear them. he can only think, can only remember

[break][break] the flash of silver hair. of teal-colored eyes staring innocently back up at him. of tear-stained letters sent to .

[break][break] "what makes you think you understand a thing about me? what i've been through?"

[break][break] he steps forward.

[break][break] "you care so much about galar, about a dream, that you don't even pay attention to what's here and what's in the present."

[break][break] another step forward. his face shutters away from the kind, nonchalant face that mint would know and into the cold expression of a rocket beast. of the thing that jayden had tried to craft mint into.

[break][break] "you don't think i've hurt before, mint? you don't think i know what it's like to be left behind?"

[break][break] "to have my heart broken?"

[break][break] a weapon built for rocket. a weapon made to shoot without mercy.

[break][break] "you tell me i don't care, but who came after you when we returned home? who made sure you were okay?"

[break][break] "did you," he steps forward, voice dropping lethal, as he corners him against the island corner. a growl slips through. "ever think about me? even once?"

[break][break]

post-gg [break][break]