she/her
August 3rd
Hammerlocke
Bisexual
Rockstar
Civilian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
13 posts
Vyce Crowley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vyce
Vyce Crowley
A Meeting of the Musical Minds [M]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 20:52:26 GMT
Vyce Crowley Avatar
It was a rainy day in Mauville, with the light pitter patter of rain hitting on the floor of the concrete jungle. Vyce walked along the streets of the many, he heeled boots clacking along as she'd set her sights on the building in question. ”And here we are.” A guitar case gently tapped her back to a steady rhythm. She wore a confident and cocky exterior, but inside of that cold heart of hers, she couldn't help but admit that she was a little bit nervous. This was her first actual big meeting in Hoenn, and no matter how hard she wanted to force herself to act as if it was normal, Vyce couldn't really shake off the butterflies in her stomach. ”It's just a meeting. You've been through a thousand of 'em. Nothin' new.”

She chided herself for allowing it to get to her this much, but had a meeting to get to on time.

She came up to Terravolt Industries, that studio Callan had mentioned in his note. It was pretty big, what about she expected it to be. Vyce looked at her phone for the time. She had some time to kill thankfully, and needed something to calm whatever it was that was making her as worried as some kid standing up on stage for the first time. She leaned against the wall and dug into her coat pockets before pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. All it took was the familiar flicker of flame and a soft inhale until she'd find some semblance of peace of mind. A ring of smoke escaped from her lips, wondering what kinds of things she'd be finding herself in this little studio tour.

”Maybe I shoulda brought somethin' as a gift.” Vyce said to herself, that Galarian accent as sweet as Combee honey. The guitar case leaned on the wall as she'd enjoy her little nicotine break and after a few minutes or so, it was time. Vyce stomped the cancer stick onto the ground with her boot and wandered inside.

EMPLOYMENT: ACT I

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 4:58:47 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan now had a talent agency that did the scouting for him. They had taken over a task he used to handle personally, listening to various underground music artists from around the world. But now a team of people who loved the scene sent him sample tracks daily to listen to during his commute, workouts, Pokemon practice, or relaxation at home.

One artist in particular caught his ear - a female heavy metal singer whose punk chops reminded him of the last time he'd heard 's voice. Her name was . Callan listened to her music extensively before setting up a meeting.

The day arrived. They were meeting at one of Callan's studios in Mauville.

The moment Vyce stepped through the door, she would immediately find the receptionist waved and smiled. "Hi! Vyce right? I'm Juniper, please come with me!" Juniper would lead the Galarian rocker into a large lift. She led the Galarian rocker to a recording studio on the third floor.

Inside, Callan had been strumming a riff, surrounded by scattered notes, paper, images, and bottles. He smiled, set down his guitar, and extended his hand. "Vyce, hey. I know this is sudden, but can you improv some riffs to show me your chops?" Handing her the Strat, he knew it would tell him more than words could.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Wytch
she/her
August 3rd
Hammerlocke
Bisexual
Rockstar
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
Vyce Crowley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vyce
Vyce Crowley
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 9:52:12 GMT
Vyce Crowley Avatar
Vyce was immediately greeted by a woman at the front desk of the building, calling herself Juniper. She'd tip the large witch hat on her head with a smirk. ”Nice to meet ya, Juniper.” She walked along with her onto the lift and hurry aboard as they'd go on a little adventure towards the third floor together. The doors opened a short time later and after a farewell, Vyce found herself in the studio with none other than Callan Young. The office looked like he had been battling with a notepad and pencil for his life, alongside some empty bottles. A sight that she was knowledgeable of herself and reminded her of many a room back in Galar. He'd greet the woman in kind as she'd just casually grin.

Inside though, she was fangirling. Hard. The same person who made the recent album she had on repeat for long walks or just relaxation from a hard day was now just casually talking to her. She could do this, all she had to do was stay cool.

”Hey yourself. Yer bloody fuckin' Callan Young.” she grinned, her accent so noticeable that it should have asked Callan what he'd want in his tea. ”You probably hear it alot, but dude. Tracks 04 and 08 on your recent album go pretty hard.” Before Vyce could embarrass herself a little more, she'd be perfectly in time to be given a strat by Callan and a little pedestal to improv something. She'd glide her hands up and down the strings and get a feel for the thing. A few notes here and there as she'd then start to strum something she had been working on herself as some random tangent of a hopefully better song. The music was pretty clear in her head of what she had wanted, but it was all subject to change base don her tastes. Hell, half of her recent solos had to be recut and rerecorded because she wanted a harder, more heavier bass.

”Thanks fer seein' me with yer busy shecdule 'n all.”

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 5:18:31 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Vyce was a Galarian metalhead, a subset of rockers with a very, very hardcore background. Most people lived with metal and listened, getting into guitars and drums with the promise of making it big into a star. Galarian rockers, to Callan's experience, were rebels first and musicians second.

To many, Callan would have been a sellout, a man who sold his rebel spirit and imperfections for the limelight. He was glad, at the very least, that Vyce seemed to be above that.

"Oh shit, I'm glad you liked them." Callan grins, her persoanlity was refreshing after dealing with corporations for the last few weeks. "Yeah, they're less technical than my last works. I wanted it to be more personal. Pennyroyal Tea is about the struggles of fame." Callan paused, "Cudi Montage, I passed a riff to Kids See Ghosts, and they really liked it. It's not rock, per se, but hey, music's music." He shrugs, before attuning his attention to Vyce's guitar.

The finger tapping was good, the energy as well, and Vyce was technically proficient. But what carried it was the energy as the reverb of the guitar's shredding blasted through the drum pattern. When she finishes, Callan grins and takes the guitar off her hands, placing it back onto the rack. "I thought all Galarian metalheads were just vicious rebels, and there's certainly a level of anger in there, but it seems to me that there's an element of measuredness and sensibility in your riffs as well." Callan's eyes look into Vyce's, "What do you usually like to make music about?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Wytch
she/her
August 3rd
Hammerlocke
Bisexual
Rockstar
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
Vyce Crowley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vyce
Vyce Crowley
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 6:15:22 GMT
Vyce Crowley Avatar
Once finished with her impromptu jam session, Vyce then chuckled to herself, cracking a grin towards Callan. She wouldn't flinch at the rock star as he'd mention that little comment about Galarian metalheads and the like. Not that she hadn't heard it before, having been through precisely that. ”Meh, I hear it a lot.” she said, leaning back in her seat while flicking off her hat with her free hand as the other came to rest next to her. ”And it's not exactly false. Lotta people where I'm from just grew up in shitty circumstances. Galarian rock isn't just singing about how life's hard and losing your first love, it's emotion. Raw, unfiltered emotion. Course, it helps that most of our generation has a lot of anger built up over being dealt the shittiest hand in the region.”

Her lips curled into a smirk, the metalhead eyeballing Callan up and down some at the second part of his analysis. The measuredness in her little display. She was fierce and pretty brutal when it came to playing around with riffs when BSing things, way more than when she first got into music. ”But I fell in with a bad crowd when I first got into this stuff. It's how I learned a lot. How to jam, how to hotwire a car, how to break in and enter. It took a good old guy to pull me out, smash some sense into my head and show me about control. The metal scene back home is chaotic, and that's what's pretty fuckin' great about it. But he always told me that without some sense of self control and structure, most of us are just overpaid noisemakers. Usually after smashing a book over my head because I didn't study for a test.”

Another deep laugh, maybe a hint of her smoking habits showed but Vyce didn't care all that much. She'd think about a good answer to his question to her. What she wrote music about. It wasn't the easiest answer, not without a trip to a therapist and a brief history on her family.

”Back when I was in Galar, a lot of the songs I wrote were about my personal experiences, just told in a way that was relatable. What I want out of life, what I'd want to say to my parents that never supported me, any stuck up corpo that dumped any of our music into a rubbish bin. I did start branching out when my old man pulled me out of the fire and got my ass on track. I started branchin' out into other kinds of music. Indie Rock, Pop, Acoustic. Main thing is that I wanted to start lookin' at other things. Last few singles I've been working on deal with less heavy stuff. There's a song that starts as a simple pop song about a first love, then after each chorus, it gets louder, more colorful, more instruments until it's bangin' out nonstop.”

”Course, it ain't easy to branch out. I've tried workin' on an song that dealt with finding peace in a world filled with constant objectives inspired by a trip to Alola and hearing their calming music. Hell, once I tried out for one of those kids shows on their band. Nothing entirely serious, just somebody to strum a beat to a life lesson. I'm kind of envious of some people who can just have all that range and crank out hit after hit. You can't really uninstall the rebel, no matter how hard ya try.”

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 23:53:48 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I see."

He didn't, not really. There was a lot to take in. He was no Galarian metalhead.

But he did now the pain of not being accepted for the sound you wanted to portray, the negligence and recklessness of an industry being ripped apart by profit organizations who couldn't care less about the individual artist.

"I don't want you to have a pop sound." Callan begins, "I want you to express yourself in your rawest state, in your best possible form. I want your fingers to bleed from strumming the guitar because that's how much the state of the world pisses you off and how much you need to vent it into the microphone. If that means a zero star rating on the next album review, fuck'em."

Callan pauses, looking into her eyes, "I'll give you a platform to do it. How does that sound?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Wytch
she/her
August 3rd
Hammerlocke
Bisexual
Rockstar
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
Vyce Crowley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vyce
Vyce Crowley
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 7:26:29 GMT
Vyce Crowley Avatar
Her spilling her heart out to Callan aside, Vyce would eye him with her trademark smirk but worry about his response. Was that too much to share with somebody who likely didn't care? Or did he think that she was too shut a case to even attempt at getting through at? There was so much going inside that Galarian head of hers that the woman would really have wanted a guitar or something to pick at. Her fingers drummed on her thigh out of impatience. But when Callan did speak, it took Vyce by surprise.

”No way.” The woman said while leaning forward towards Callan, a great big grin increasing on her face. ”Yer a bloody angel fer makin' me all chuffed!” Vyce laughed, then would nod her head to the man giving her the break of a life time.

”I'm fuckin' game, aye. You need anythin' an' I'm there. Your savin' me from standin' around in a cafe and watchin' some borin' hipsters prattle on about the weather.”

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 13:48:37 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan smiles as she gives her reply. "I was hoping you'd say that." He reaches into his suitcase, stationed to the side of the studio as he takes out two sheets of high quality, pitchb lack paper, with white font on top. He takes a custom, white pen and places it in front of Vyce. "Which is why I've taken the liberty of already writing up a contract. Let me know your thoughts?"

@tagsomeone

MADE BY MIZO

RECORDING CONTRACT

This agreement is made and entered into as of July 10, 2023 by and between Teravolt Records, an independent music label company (hereinafter "Label"), and , an individual (hereinafter "Artist").

Term: The term of this non-exclusive agreement shall be for 5 YEARS from the date hereof. During the term, Artist hereby grants Label the right to record and commercially release master recordings of Artist's musical performances in ANY genre.

Delivery of Recordings: The Artist agrees to deliver to the Label 1 completed master recording of Artist's musical performances (hereinafter "Recordings") within 1 YEAR from the date of this agreement. Recordings shall be of a level of technical quality that can be assembled into and made suitable for commercial release. Artist retains full ownership of the master Recordings.

Royalties: Artist shall receive a royalty of 40% of retail list price per copy of phonorecords sold or 40% of wholesale price per copy sold for Records made from the master Recordings delivered under this agreement and distributed and sold worldwide. Royalties shall be paid quarterly at the foregoing rates with a statement of accounting within 30 days after the end of each quarter.

Creative Control: Artist shall have full creative control over material selection, artistic direction, and visual aesthetic for all Recordings. Label shall not make any changes without Artist's written consent.

Ownership: Artist shall retain full ownership of the copyrights and intellectual property rights of the master Recordings. Label is only granted the license to commercially distribute, sell, and stream the Recordings for the term of this agreement. Artist may approve all licensing requests.

Termination: Artist may terminate this agreement anytime with written notice to Label. Label may only terminate for cause. Upon termination, all rights revert back to Artist.

By signing below, Label and Artist acknowledge and agree that the terms and conditions outlined in this recording contract are legally binding. Label agrees to fulfil the duties and obligations as the commercial distributor and licencor of the Recordings.

Artist agrees to deliver the minimum number of Recordings on the agreed schedule in a technical quality suitable for commercial release. This agreement is made willingly by Label and Artist with full understanding of their commitments and the rights they are granting or obtaining.

Signed

Vyce Crowley
Artist

Callan Young
Teravolt Records
Label Representative

[googlefont=Roboto]