hard-boiled [c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2019 21:42:04 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT IS THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT IS THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT IS ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

[break]

The sands of Lavaridge burned against the curve of her hand.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper dug a shallow divot, leaving just enough space for the strange, blue object that was tucked underneath her arm—a pokemon egg—to sit snugly. The heat of the grains that seeped between her fingers failed to draw a reaction as she continued her dig, making space for an adjacent egg.[break][break]

She had felt a heat that was far stronger than this—a mark that burned its V of victory across her chest, even if its color had waned since the events of Mossdeep.[break][break]

“Go ahead and plop 'em right in there,” and from her knees, the Sergeant would wipe her brow as she'd turn to glance back at Mateo Martinez. She had heard of him, though she had never known he had been the man she had encountered at the beach several months ago. [break][break]

They both had eggs to hatch. This was the fastest course. “It'll hatch in no time.”

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
hard-boiled [c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 7:07:30 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","starrybase"]
[attr="class","firetop"]
[attr="class","starrytop2"]
seasons die one after another

[attr="class","starrytext"]"hooooooooooh!!" he began to fiercely dig. with passion and fire, he was excited to unveil the mystery. this custom was different from what he was use to. the last time he hatched an egg he got a treecko from it. with the egg risen, he'd plop it into the divot. "in you go." he calmly stated.

he knelt before the egg. hands propped as he stared. he watched the egg intently. he waited for something to happen, but then...nothing. "this is boring!" he shouted. turning to bailey, the woman he'd met months back prior, he'd ask, "i thought this was magic soil?! this is just regular soil!" mateo shouted at the sergeant.

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-heartbeat"]
[attr="class","ooc"]
i am HERE!
[attr="class","himestarcreds"]©KOJIHIME

[GoogleFont=Raleway|Ubuntu|Roboto|Montserrat]
[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.firetop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(http://31.media.tumblr.com/b9471b669cf24cbd19dbf0fd4f874bbf/tumblr_ng86ejBjAd1tjnjz5o1_500.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px arial[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:565px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hard-boiled [c]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 6:00:47 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT IS THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT IS THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT IS ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

“Regular soil?! Don't be stupid!” Bailey would shout, immediately rising to his volume; yet, her voice would be absent of aggression. “That shit is volcanic! A Lavaridge specialty! Pokemon eggs love that shit! Don't diss it!”[break][break]

People that could overhear their raised voices would quickly shuffle away.[break][break]

A moment of silence would pass—her chest puffed—before her eyes would dart to her egg. She would crouch before it, just as he had done. “You can't just stare at it!” This time, she would hiss, trying to be mindful of her volume. “We gotta... be patient, or some shit. Staring at them might make 'em nervous. We can't rush 'em.”[break][break]

And her hand would scratch her cheek, trying to remember how long it had taken for her Togekiss to hatch from her egg, back when she had been a Togepi.[break][break]

“This is way better than carrying them around everywhere.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
hard-boiled [c]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 7:00:41 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","firetop"]

[attr="class","starrytext"]"this sounds like an excuse to be lazy." mateo bluntly stated, eyes drifting to the side all the while. "where i'm from we either put it over a fire," mateo said, continuing, "and if you're feeling really motherly, you sit on it!" those of course weren't concrete facts. it was something he did because he read from a book involving the birth of an ugly ducklett. the mom sat on her egg to hatch.

"that's how sceptile was born!" not really, sceptile was just lucky to hatch at that time. sceptile stood behind his trainer, thinking about how he could've cracked the poor thing. he was saved by the bell. "anyway, so tell me! how's you get that broken arm?!" he was fascinated. she seemed like a tough gal. while waiting for their eggs to hatch. he wanted to listen to her story. "was it from a motorcycle accident? you seem like the kind of country bumpkin who lives for the wild life?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
i am HERE!

[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.firetop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(http://31.media.tumblr.com/b9471b669cf24cbd19dbf0fd4f874bbf/tumblr_ng86ejBjAd1tjnjz5o1_500.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:565px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hard-boiled [c]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 7:54:36 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

“You're only supposed to that with fire-type pokemon! We're not trying to make hard-boiled eggs!” She pointed at the blue sheen of the pokemon egg, “Does that look like a fire egg to you? I can't think of a single blue fire-type pokemon,” but that would not be a surprise to anyone that overheard this conversation.[break][break]

Also, sitting on an egg? Her eyes would dart to the Sceptile, catching its reaction. Ah, so the lucky grass-type pokemon had not been crushed by the man's girth. Good to know, because Mateo looked like he worked out.[break][break]

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to get crushed by him—she coughed, wondering where that invasive thought had come from.[break][break]

“Riiiiiiight, listen, I'm not gonna get my buns toasty just for a pokemon. Sand'll do just fine,” because it was the lazy solution. Ironically, it was also the safest. The Sergeant would fall onto her ass, no longer bothering to balance herself on the pads of her feet.[break][break]

They were going to be here for awhile.[break][break]

His comment would attract her lazy ire—a dead stare that expressed her displeasure. She could respect the honesty, but not the delivery. “You know, I still got one good arm to smack you with,” and she wondered how it was possible for someone to be so dense.[break][break]

“I broke my arm in Mossdeep.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
hard-boiled [c]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 9:50:53 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","firetop"]

[attr="class","starrytext"]why does everyone look at him as if he were crazy? it was a natural way! his attention was scattered toward a sentence that rung with familiarity. his face exhibited disgust at her threat. she reminded him of someone back home. he wondered as to what she was doing--were all women this violent like her? at this point, after the hell he went through with that woman. this threat was far more preferred.

wait, did she just say...? "mossdeep?!" he exclaimed, standing up quickly. forgetting that he needed to be a little more quieter, he'd cover his mouth. whispering, "no way!" mateo stated with disbelief, "you were in mossdeep?! ah man, i heard it was hell there!" a childlike expression donned his face. "is it true you fought a giant pokemon shaped like one of those bean bag chairs?!" so jealous!

[attr="class","ooc"]
i am HERE!

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hard-boiled [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 7:49:08 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

“More like a re-animated sack of shit.”[break][break]

It was nice to see the enthusiasm. It was better than the opposite. People were still scared after what had happened; but, not Bailey. Not after snatching victory from the throes of defeat—not when she had sunk so much blood and so much emotion into a battle that still left her aching.[break][break]

Yearning. The brand on her chest had filled an emptiness that had always followed her. It had felt right. For once, it had felt like she had found what she had always been missing.[break][break]

Now, it was gone; she was left to tend to the mess it had left behind.[break][break]

“But, yeah. I did. Fought it to the bitter end,” and she remembered standing in the middle of that ruined street as the world seemed ready to decay all around her—consumed with flame and sand as her Steelix loomed behind her. [break][break]

“Saved the city... or, what was left,” her tone lost its conviction, head in her hand, as she watched the egg and wondered what dwelt inside.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
hard-boiled [c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 4:08:23 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","firetop"]

[attr="class","starrytext"]"ah man, that must've been great. to be a hero!" he'd come to sit back down and laying upon the ground. a smile donned, "you're a hero in my book. a town can be rebuilt, but a life? you can't get that back." unless you had the ability to time travel, like that was even possible. you'd be playing with death! "you should be more happy, you're a hero of hoenn--an actual hero. a superhero! you're on the level of a champion for doing what you did." he was jealous, she was cool in his eyes.

she was definitely someone he'd want to have for a wife. someone he'd want to bring back to his family--his mother--in johto. but, alas, he was--technically--marked for marriage already. then again, that's not something he's ready to discuss or accept just yet. there was too much to do to just settle down. he had a lot of life left to live.

"you might've not been able to save a couple of lives here or there, but you saved the ones that you could before it could consume anymore. you should be more happy and cut out the mourning, you're only human." words his father would say, "and you can only do so much. you can't let the stuff you can't control get you down. put some more joy in that tone of yours. smile, a sad look doesn't..." he'd look off elsewhere, turning his head away as to hide the rosy cheeks that came, "...a sad look doesn't suit a girl, y'know." even if she were a country bumpkin.

"if you let the sad stuff get you down on every life-changing event you participate in, you're gonna go mad. and this region definitely doesn't need the good guys losing their shit..." he stated.

[attr="class","ooc"]
i am HERE!

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hard-boiled [c]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 21:22:38 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She was forged in blood and sweat, but never tears.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper raised her head, listening to Mateo's words even if her eyes never strayed from the pokemon egg—it would be impossible to look him in the eye, when he was saying so many wonderful things that no one had ever uttered to her before. A hero? A champion?[break][break]

She had been one step away from being a high school dropout—a kid with no prospects. She became a cop because that was an option that people like her were supposed to take; Dumb kids with no prospects, who would lay down their lives for some higher purpose because there was nothing else they could offer.[break][break]

Her throat constricted.[break][break]

“I... think I get it now.” She could clear her throat, just to shove down what he had almost unearthed. If she were a smoldering pile of ash, then his words had been the gentle coaxing of tinder. “Why people keep talking about you. I didn't get it at first, but I do now.”[break][break]

Then, she would avert her gaze back to him. “You're a good guy, Mateo. I think I needed to hear that,” and finally, finally, the Sergeant would smile.[break][break]

There was a sound; a crackle, as if their eggs were ready to hatch.[break][break]

“Oh shit! Oh shit!” and just like that, the tender moment was lost as she spun on her ass to see what would emerge.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
hard-boiled [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 5:09:03 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","firetop"]

[attr="class","starrytext"]"ah--" wait, "people talk about me. . ." he'd sit up quickly. wide-eyed and furrowed brows, the bridge of his nose began to turn a rosy color. "what else do they say?!" screw that good guy crap! he wanted to know what they said about him. "seriously, tell me!" he shouted. she changed the subject back onto their eggs.

thrown off, he'd hear a sudden hatch! oh, they were coming! they were here! this was their moment, "come on dragon, come to papa mat!" extended arms were ready to greet a..."piplup?" picking the pokemon up. he'd stare at it briefly. "i..." he wasn't sure how to exactly respond to this, "i hate you--i hate this!" the piplup started to cry!

[attr="class","ooc"]
holy shit.