Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Reach For The Stars [Fantasia]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 17:45:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Three cities. Seven days. A giant network of charities and goodwill efforts. And once this first leg ended, it'd be on three times more.[break][break]

To say Jojo's efforts had impressed Isaac was an understatement.[break][break]

Much as he'd enjoyed parts of the event, Isaac had been a bit of a grump about Splashfest. It felt like the League tooting its own horn about how great it was. It flung its coffers open to treat itself to a party while people starved in the poor parts of the city nextdoor. Did people need goodwill and cheer? Duh. But they needed homes and food, too![break][break]

But this wasn't the Splashfest. This was a grassroots effort, the brainchild of a girl who refused to let anyone be forgotten as she had been. Rather than use her gym, her wealth, and her platform for personal gain, she used it to spread a mission of goodwill she took all too seriously. Today was an evolution of the goal she'd been working towards since leaving Rocket.[break][break]

She was a grunt who had been treated like nothing. Now, the entire month of August was a symbol of her defiance. Better things were possible.[break][break]

Of course he wanted to see her again. That much went without saying. But with three cities per week, Isaac wondered if he'd be so lucky as to catch the Queen of Joy in her natural environment.[break][break]

Maybe the tug of war contest that bore his name would be a good start.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 8:24:28 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Getting the Carnival to Mossdeep City had been quite the experience. Just the logistics of sea transport had proven difficult alone. But now as she took a break and walked about Carnival it was all worth it.

Clad in a classic flowery black summer dress so unlike her usual more goth/punk attire. She almost blended into the crowds as she walked along with a Popcorn bag in hand munching on the classic Carnival treat while quietly taking in the sight of all the cheerful guests.

By her side Blissey walked, equally happy to accompany its trainer and look at the bright lights. It carried its own bag of popcorn, which it by now had halfway consumed.

They reached the Tug-o-War area. A surprisingly popular attraction. Sometimes she wondered if Tug-o-war sated some primal competitive urge in the people of Hoenn. But alas before she could ponder it further she noticed a familiar face.

A bright smile appeared on her face as she addressed the person. “Hi Isaac.”

PROMPT:
- Eat a carnival treat.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 13:29:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Perhaps tug of war did resonate with a region, quite literally, feeling the tug of war at any given moment. There was certainly plenty of catharsis as, for once in their lives, their constant, Sisyphean pull against the inevitable actually lead to the world moving.[break][break]

By now, Isaac had gone from scrawny to surprisingly strong. With his feet set, his stance wide, and a determined glint in his eye, he was able to keep pace against larger, stronger opposition. Actually pulling them back was a pain and a half, but so long as he kept on the defensive, he was sure he could wear them down.[break][break]

At least, of course, until a familiar voice in the crowd stole his attention.[break][break]

"Oh, hey, Jojo-" A moment of lapsed attention was all it took. A strong tug from the other guy sent Isaac stumbling over the line. Ah well. Couldn't win 'em all. The two exchanged a quick fistbump, and then Isaac made his way over to catch the woman of the hour.[break][break]

Between the new styles and the confidence with which she held herself, Isaac almost missed her at first. It seemed she was carving out a new era for herself and looking damn good doing it.[break][break]

"Hell of a show you're putting on," Isaac said, nodding over to the Literally Everything that she'd gotten set up here on Mossdeep. To think two more of these were happening in other cities right now was crazy. "Hope you're getting the chance to kick back, relax, and enjoy it all."[break][break]

If not? Well, what better excuse to take a break than being spirited away by an old friend?

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 17:43:46 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

She had acted thoughtlessly. This she realized the moment Isaac’s focus lapsed at her words.

Isaac stumbled forward, losing the tug-o-war. She beamed him an apologetic smile as he made his way over to her.

A snicker and muttered “Yeah, I might’ve gone a bit overboard.” was her reply. But deep down she knew even all of this wouldn’t be enough to make up for years of darkness.

“Can’t say I’ve had much of a chance, but I am sure I will at some point.”

By then the Blissey by her side poked her side, catching her attention just in time for her to see the Pokemon point toward the tug-o-war.

“Oh yeah. Sorry for distracting you. Thought your victory was certain.”

The Blissey seemed pleased for now.

PROMPT:
- Reference tug-o-war

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 23:35:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Psh. I think you earned a little overboard." Before Joyland, Johanna had been a nervous wreck who hid behind a blank, featureless mask. To see her literally become the face of an effort to brighten Hoenn's dour-ass year was an incredible transformation. "And I think Hoenn did, too. Hardest year I've ever lived through."[break][break]

How had the twenty that he'd spent in an apocalyptic wasteland been less painful than one year of seeing home's true face?[break][break]

Johanna was worried about Isaac's success, but he simply waved it off. Instead, he considered her current predicament. Right now, she was leading others to a treasure that she couldn't possess. It reminded Isaac of the days when he was more directly running the Blackwing Bazaar.[break][break]

A mischievous smirk spread across Isaac's face as an idea sparked to mind.[break][break]

"You're right. You should be sorry," Isaac said, finding it hard to hide his smile behind the mock outrage. "And that means as a hostess, clearly you have to make it up to me, right?"[break][break]

"Guess that means you've got no choice but to hit the snack tents with me."[break][break]

Got her. Isaac had bullshitted up a reason for Johanna to put her worries aside for a moment and enjoy herself. Now she could drift away on a raft of plausible deniability and spend some time basking in the joy she shared with the universe.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 6:14:16 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
True, if anyone and anywhere deserved overboard, it was her and Hoenn. At least for now. Perhaps she would have to do more events like this? She pushed that thought aside. Those were thoughts for future Johanna.

“I guess I do!” Johann relented. Clearly not having even had the intention of fighting back on that. “And you know what, let me sweeten the deal. I’ll pay for whatever you want from it.” A dangerous proposition, she knew.

Blissey seemed pleased with the prospect of more snacks, and allowed a chipper tone to escape as it too expected to be given more treats!

PROMPT:
- Offer a Carnival treat to someone else

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 13:08:39 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Will you, now?"[break][break]

Damnit, Jojo wasn't actually supposed to pay for it! His little routine was supposed to be a framing device for her to duck her responsibilities for an hour, not to throw gifts at him! Yet in their little game of kindness, she'd leveraged his own idea into a powerful counter. Such talent![break][break]

"Ah, hell. How could I say no to that?" Isaac said, a grateful smile spreading past his initial surprise. "Thanks a ton, Jojo."[break][break]

Soon, the snack stands and food trucks would be in sight. It was an impressive variety, but also not much of a surprise. Legendaries weren't the only things being dragged to Hoenn from every region. How people decided moving here was a good idea, Isaac would never understand. Street food from around the globe made it hard to find.[break][break]

"So, you're the expert here. What're your faves?" Isaac asked, for most certainly no ulterior motives or hidden reasons whatsoever. It wasn't like he'd sneak off and buy Johanna any of her favorites or anything like that. Nope. No sirree.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 7:15:57 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna Joy Avatar
In this battle of kindness, both Isaac and Johanna were experts. But it seemed Isaac had not foreseen Johanna’s Blitzkrieg tactic.

And so Isaac seemed to relent, going so far as to ask for her expert opinion.

“Hmmm. That depends. Are we looking for just treats or a proper filling meal?” Johanna said, but didn’t leave much time for a reply as she continued. “Now, if we are just going for a treat, i’d say popcorn in any form would be my go to. Easy to carry around and tastes great. But if we are looking for something a bit heavier, I know there’s a place near the Tauros-Rodeo that serves some delicious chili-cheese fries.”

Yep, she definitely hadn’t been eating healthy during this time.

PROMPT:
- Reference the Tauros-Rode Game.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 3:43:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Carnivals were all about Big and Bold, and that clearly extended to their food choices. How anyone could pound down an entire plate of chili cheese fries and get on a ride was beyond Isaac. Clearly, Jojo had the blood of carnies running through her veins.[break][break]

In her hunger came opportunity. The time it took to ready a plate of chili cheese fries would be more than enough time to enact some mischief. "I like the way you think," Isaac said, slipping his hands into his pockets. "Tauros rodeo, right? Lead the way!"[break][break]

As Jojo took point, Isaac would use his wrist to subtly roll a Pokeball off of his belt. At the same time, he palmed his phone onto the ground behind him.[break][break]

While they were waiting for their fries, Ex Machina the Rotom would be on a secret mission.[break][break]

With access to Isaac's phone, and therefore his saved credit card info, it would be trivially easy for him to zip over to the nearest popcorn stand and order up a bucket in one of Joyland's premium flavors. If anything, the hardest part would be carrying it afterwards, the Rotom straining as he carried a bucket bigger than he was through the air.[break][break]

Nevertheless, it was a successful mission. As Isaac saw the speck of orange on the horizon, he quickly turned to the Tauros pen with shock-widened eyes. "Oh, shit. Is the Tauros doing tricks?" he asked, hoping to get Jojo to look for the briefest of seconds.[break][break]

When she turned back, Isaac would be holding the bucket towards her with a cheeky smirk on his face. "Surprise!"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 15:49:18 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna did not notice Isaac’s subtle stunt. She was far too focused on leading the way. And so Isaac’s efforts would be successful.

He even managed to trick ehr with the Tauros Trick. She excitedly looked toward the Tauros pen, hoping to see the tricks they were doing, only to be let down as they were doing nothing out of the ordinary.

“I think you need glass…” She turned around mid sentence only to stop speaking as surprise overtook her.

“Isaac, I was supposed to pay!” Johanna allowed a mild almost defeated sigh to escape.

PROMPT:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 16:36:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac could only offer a cheeky grin in response. "You said you'd buy whatever I wanted from here," he said, briefly nodding over to the fry stand they stood before. "Which, hell yeah to that."[break][break]

"But you never said I couldn't get you something too."[break][break]

Ever the conniving rules lawyer, that Isaac was. Nevertheless, he was satisfied with this little show of mischief, and wouldn't try any other funny business once the fries were ready.[break][break]

Sure enough, Jojo was right. They were delicious. Something about fair food just hit Right at a time and place like this. Messy, sure. But fuck it. So was life in Hoenn.[break][break]

"So," Isaac asked, looking towards the carnival's mark on Mossdeep's skyline. The fact that all of this popped up in a day and would be gone in a week was staggering. "Once we're done eating, what should we hit up?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 16:47:30 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna was about to debate the semantics, but realized that not only would the effort be futile, Isaac would probably be able to win that battle.

And so she gave this round’s victory to Isaac. And just in time for the fries to arrive. But before the food could be consumed a question was posed to her. “Maybe one of those drop towers?” Johanna spoke for a moment forgetting that they were about to consume a heavy’ish meal.

Speaking off, she began to nibble at the food while waiting for Isaac to reply.

PROMPT:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 21:22:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A drop tower? Excellent. Isaac knew the rides at Joyland were some quality stuff, and if Jojo herself was vouching for this one it had to be a winner.[break][break]

"You're on," Isaac said, a confident grin on his face. So what if they were pounding down a heavy plate full of chili fries? Isaac had already faced down tragedies, terrors, atrocities, and outright chaos. What was a little bit of gravity compared to all that?[break][break]

When the fries were done and they were well on their way, Isaac realized that mistakes might have been made. It was even taller than he expected, towering over even the Mossdeep Space Center. Already, he could see people stepping up to the tower, reconsider their choices, and scamper away to smaller, quieter rides.[break][break]

Not Isaac. He recorded a slow, dramatic pan up the tower on his phone, making sure to capture just how far up it stretched. "Started from the bottom," he captioned, excited to see how the view down below looked from the other end of the drop tower.[break][break]

Of course he'd record that part too! With the help of his Rotom, who needed gravity?

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 5:29:12 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
The fries were consumed joyously before the pair made their way over to the Drop-tower.

She saw the height of it and immediately regretted her decision. She should’ve known better.

Sending a quick glance at Isaac she saw him deep in the process of recording a slow dramatic pan up of the tower, and she knew there was no going back.

You can do this, Johanna. It’s just a little drop…

She reminded herself, offering Isaac the time to finish his little social media stunt, before she would join the line for the little adventure.

PROMPT:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 13:11:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]With his recording done, Isaac turned to make sure his friend had fallen in step with him. The good news was she had! The bad news was she looked like she was walking to her grave.[break][break

It was funny how fear worked sometimes. Jojo walked away from the most dangerous group in the Hoenn region - no, the world - with her head held high and no fear in her eyes. Compared to that, a guided drop rigged to perfect safety standards was nothing. Then fear reared its ugly head, and nothing became a whole lot of something.[break][break]

Maybe it was for the best. Fear, too, was far kinder in a controlled setting than it was at war.[break][break]

"Hey, just think of it this way," Isaac said, shooting Jojo a gentle smile. "We'll get to see all of Mossdeep from up there. Isn't that gonna be awesome?"[break][break]

He decided to leave out the fact that the ferris wheel would give them the same chance.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]