jayden cross
pinocchio
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 20:12:52 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]
[attr="class","jayjaytop"]

[attr="class","body"]
life and death. the beginning of an end.

[break][break] rockets always danced on the precipice of death, skirting around it's edges as if it were the yawning mouth of some fearsome beast.

[break][break] it was the way things should and ought to be. yet, it did not help from hurting when one of their own fell to the tides of despair — it did not hurt any less knowing that one of their own had been lost, no matter who they were.

[break][break] jayden stood at the edge of the dock, staring out at the large vessel that had come to moor. wind-swept hair pushed back, suit pressed finely, he awaited beast .

[break][break] he knew all too well what it was like to have to bury one's own father. a feeling of bittersweetness rose in his throat. he had no idea of the relationship that marza held with her father, but if it was anything like his own, she had his sympathies.

[break][break] "welcome home, volchitsa."

[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[attr="class","tagline"] sootopolis city, post-gg
[break]

[break]
post goodbye galar (repeat)

[break]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".jayjay"] margin:0 auto;width:470px;padding-top:5px;line-height:15px; } .jayjaytop { width:418px;border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -30px 25px; border:solid 1px #232323; } .jayjay .body { font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.5px; } .jayjay b { font-family: poppins; font-size:12px; } .jayjay i { color:#89888a; } .jayjay span {font:bold 12px/11px 'Poppins'; } .jayjay .oocnotes { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .jayjay .credit { float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px; } .jayjay .tagline { opacity:0.8; font:italic 11px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1.5px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Marz/Marzy
she/her
Jan 1
castelia city, unova
hella lesbian
smuggler
rocket beast
give me grief, give me violence
awards
239 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marza
Marza Volchitsa
pinocchio
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 21:06:26 GMT
Marza Volchitsa Avatar

[attr="class","marz"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Jayden, you fucking prick." Marza muttered, thumbing off her phone after realizing there were additional funds in her account. She'd told him no. Rich asshole. Maybe the sentiment was nice, but she wasn't particularly fond of funeral donations. Certainly not when her father was involved. It shouldn't have been like this, she shouldn't be fucking bothered. Still it simmered under her skin like an ugly itch, this unsatisfied feeling of utter failure. Among other feelings she didn't have the time or capability to diagnose.
[break][break]
Her father had been cold, cruel. All wiry wolf-grey hair, steel eyes, and hard hands. That look of constant disappointment. That "eat your young" mentality. She hated him, but it was more complicated than that and now he was gone. She had no time left to prove herself, that fucking hourglass was out of sand.
[break][break]
The boat was smoke-free, which was a fucking goddamn travesty, really.
[break][break]
She might have been able to use Kuru, but the distance would have been too far; eventually, the buzzard would have gotten hungry and eaten the first food source, aka her. Sootopolis lingered in the distance, a hazy shadow that eventually solidified, cut out of the background like the hard edge of a knife. She spied pretty quickly. "Cross, I thought I told you not to waste your time or money."

[break][break]
[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".marz"]--accent:#866FA4; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".marz blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".marz .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/yUpCnMs.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".marz blockquote b, .marz blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .marz blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .marz blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".marz .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".marz .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".marz .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
pinocchio
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 23:11:27 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] it had been a courtesy.

[break][break] both the gift he'd given to her and her reply. or at least, as much as he assumed. it was the funds of the organization that had been sent to her account, though jayden had thrown in a little bit extra. it was for the same reason that he'd been the one to pick the beast up from the boat.

[break][break] though he was sure that would have preferred such a transaction themselves, jayden knew that they were busy at the moment. and if there was anything that he could do to ease the other's burden, he would do it. without question.

[break][break] when marza appears on the shore, she would see the rocket admin standing there across from her just as she'd left them for her business in unova. the same, unfeeling, inexpressive face that he was so popularly known for. the apatheticness that was .

[break][break] but when jayden stared across the wooden dock, as the other inhabitants peeled off the boat, it was different. something in him shifted at the sight of the bitter, hard-edged gaze of their beast. as if mountains were moved at seeing her in person. a memory flashed by his mind's eye — the sight of a cocky-grinned child flashing up at him, with eyes just like his.

[break][break] 'what was that?'

[break][break] "it's not my money," he replied instead, blinking away the memory. "it's the organization's." not entirely a lie. once she arrived, he stepped towards her with an offer to carry at least one of her things.

[break][break] "how was your trip?"

[break]

[break]

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".jayjay"] margin:0 auto;width:470px;padding-top:5px;line-height:15px; } .jayjaytop { width:418px;border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -30px 25px; border:solid 1px #232323; } .jayjay .body { font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.5px; } .jayjay b { font-family: poppins; font-size:12px; } .jayjay i { color:#89888a; } .jayjay span {font:bold 12px/11px 'Poppins'; } .jayjay .oocnotes { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .jayjay .credit { float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px; } .jayjay .tagline { opacity:0.8; font:italic 11px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1.5px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Marz/Marzy
she/her
Jan 1
castelia city, unova
hella lesbian
smuggler
rocket beast
awards
239 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marza
Marza Volchitsa
pinocchio
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 17:43:42 GMT
Marza Volchitsa Avatar

[attr="class","marz"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Maybe she was being too harsh. Whatever she was going through wasn’t Jayden’s fault. She couldn’t understand why he was even there. At some point in her time with Rocket, people had begun to fill the empty spaces of her life and, for once, she didn’t hate it. It wasn’t a family, but she also didn’t know what that word meant.
[break][break]
“Shit.” She muttered simply. “Bastard was put in the ground, should have cremated him.” Then, she could throw him in the garbage and be done with this. Instead he had a plot with a headstone with some fake identity. A man that never existed the extent of his life. [break][break]
She wanted to say more, to betray the unrest that lived beneath her skin like a tempest. That she was angry, but not at her father but at herself. There she was, finally without his oversight and he existed like a dark cloud over her. She didn’t know what to feel, it was infuriating.
[break][break]
“Anything happen while I was away?”

[break][break]

[newclass=".marz"]--accent:#866FA4; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".marz blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".marz .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/yUpCnMs.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".marz blockquote b, .marz blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .marz blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .marz blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".marz .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".marz .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
pinocchio
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 1:29:48 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] jayden blinked sympathetically back at her.

[break][break] he could understand complicated relationships with family more than most people, especially when it came to things like funerals. he also knew that there was not much he could say to make the moment easier, so he didn't.

[break][break] he led her down the path away from the shore.

[break][break] "plenty," he said simply, reaching into his jacket to pull out a manilla folder which he then offered to her. the contents of it gave a bullet point list of all the events that had transpired since her departure, the most important of which seemed to be the results of that ancient tomb raid that they were all still recovering from.

[break][break] "also, there have been more defectors as of late." his gaze glinted. "we need our beasts back."

[break][break] 'we need you back, marza.'

[break]

[break]

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

roux

Marz/Marzy
she/her
Jan 1
castelia city, unova
hella lesbian
smuggler
rocket beast
awards
239 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marza
Marza Volchitsa
pinocchio
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 14:18:55 GMT
Marza Volchitsa Avatar

[attr="class","marz"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Don't give me that look, Cross." She grumbled, though her voice was less aggitated and more tired. The last person she wanted grievance and pity from was . Just because they were something akin to friends didn't mean she was looking for a therapist out of it. Though she was hesitant to call anyone her friend. It felt like a waste of time and effort, a temporary thing. This strange home she'd found in Rocket was illusory and she needed to remember that before she was cut down for it.
[break][break]
"Of course there are." She muttered, examining the contents. There had never been a time she thought to leave, but there had also never been an option. It'd be like cutting the wings off a corviknight, difficult and noisy.
[break][break]
"Well let's kick their asses back into shape then, yeah?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
pinocchio
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 9:47:34 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] ?

[break][break] look?

[break][break] he glanced at her in confusion for a moment, but the moment passed.

[break][break] instead, they eased towards the walkway away from the port and towards the center of the town.

[break][break] the admin nodded towards her, an eyeful of something fierce as he thought about all the people who had betrayed their organization. surely, someone like would set them into place.

[break][break] "not only that, but there also have been reports of..." how did he explain what had happened to them in the ancient tomb without sounding certifiably insane? it was something that would have been through the reports, in detail, should she have chosen to read them. "anomolies."

[break][break] "it's not unusual, given it's hoenn, but a lot of our members are adjusting to it."

[break][break] he took a breath.

[break][break] "including myself."

[break][break] then, jayden paused on the walkway and glanced meaningfully at her.

[break][break] "i don't know how else to say this, so i'll be blunt. a group of us went into an ancient tomb and disappeared into galar for what felt like twenty years."

[break]

[break]

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","credit"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights