shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

LITTLEROOT[break]↻ MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1054889526239170630/the_game_is_afoot.mp3[/player][break]
Partners ~ The Game is Afoot! - The Great Ace Attorney 2
[break]

WHETHER IT WAS DISPLACED BENEATH LITTLEROOT DUE TO DIMENSIONAL ENTANGLEMENT, BROUGHT BACK TO FUNCTIONING ORDER DUE TO DIALGA, OR BOTH, can not be determined. However, this kingdom made entirely out of intricate mechanisms is void of human life. Clockwork gears, iron tunnels, and curious domes make up this kingdom that continues to function like an animatronic music box.[break][break]

Mechanical Pokemon like Magearna, Volcanion and others present in the kingdom seem to be robotic, set to a rhythm or programming like an animatronic figure.[break][break]

Several clock towers loom above the entire kingdom, though their machinery seems to be in disrepair.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 18 begin building a base camp/settlement of some kind.
  • 19 involve an elevator ride that goes horrifically wrong.
  • 22 involve the use of a grappling hook/tool and "sky-lines" (shamelessly stolen from bioshock: infinite) to travel or engage in combat.
  • 23 encounter a broken down volcanion that has been crushed by metal or gears who gains a moment of lucidity/life, but "dies" or malfunctions before it can impart any information.
  • 27 uncover thousands of human remains (bones) in the mechanical kingdom's castle.
  • 🗺️ utilize mew and/or terastallization in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
MECHANICAL KINGDOM: AI
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 3:03:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she watches him subconsciously, as if habitually checking that he's still whole, breathing, alive.

and he is... she sees it in the way his chest rhythmically rises and falls, in the way his eyes shift through motions of observation.

"this looks good for camp."

she gestures vaguely to the clearing around them, then, and it's enough distraction to focus on something else. faintly, like a heartbeat, soft mechanical hums drift in from the abandoned kingdom beyond.

"we can keep going a little further after setting up, maybe?"

they're close to the outskirts, where rusty gears and hollow metal bodies lay scattered like forgotten bones. a little further, she notes, and an odd elevator sits beneath a mechanical tube into a rusty platform leading to the beginning of the kingdom.

18 begin building a base camp/settlement of some kind.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 13:10:43 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]he is not as observant as her this time. his attention lays elsewhere: at the vast mechanical kingdom that awaits them.

but when his attention finally does return to her, she holds it completely. he nods and smiles.

"sounds like a plan."

and as he begins to set up camp, he cannot help but drift back to what is familiar.

"how have you been, illie?"
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 16:34:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]habitually, she returns the smile with ease. going through the motions, side by side, feels like another time. another place, less riddled by mistakes and choices and words left unsaid.

"i'm, uh, okay i guess?"

when she looks at him, she sees a bundle of stray statements. fault, blame, and the art of letting him down.

her mouth opens, closes, and opens again. processing, trying to find words to say.

"have you been doing okay?"

she settles on another question. it's harmless, idle chatter to distract from what she really wants to know.

and yet, she asks anyway... a roundabout way of finding truth in icy words spewed within hospital walls.

"have you seen ?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 12:19:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"i have. everyone has been really kind and accommodating which has helped a great deal."

at her next question, alarms sound in his head, causing walls to rise around him as the first instinct is to be defensive. but this is illeana. she knows him as well as anyone.

or at least she did at one point in his life.

so he gives her the benefit of the doubt and nods and smiles.

"only once. why do you ask?"
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 14:39:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the face of a landmine conversation, she looks to distract herself by fiddling with an already set up section of the camp.

”oh, really?”

idle, distracted, overthinking.

”you know… that’s kind of surprising. he, um, claimed you were best friends before you came back.”

a lie told to guilt her, to diminish her relation to them both.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 4:46:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"did he?"

the admission draws a laugh from him.

"there might be some truth to that. maybe i was his best friend? he certainly wasn't mine."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 16:32:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she shifts uncomfortably - uncertain.

"i figured."

he told her as such, didn't he?

don't trust . the words still echo in her ears - even here, even now.

"he claimed you made the call for me to go to meteor falls as well... that he honored your wishes."

she can't stop spilling words now, more an overflowing sink with no end than a woman.

"you didn't, right? you wouldn't have done that, right?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 17:00:05 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]his head shakes.

"i didn't make the call, no, but i didn't fight it either. it was the right call to have you at meteor falls."

his hand raises to wave, attempting to dismiss the thought to leave it where it belongs.

"but that's in the past now."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 17:05:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"how was it the right call?"

the past is the past - and yet, she digs it up every day... walking through the motions, begging to do it differently.

his death still hangs over her head, more guillotine blade than a distant memory.

"he continues to use you against me," she pauses, eyes retreating. the camp has been made yet she still idles. "among other things."

her lips press into a firm line at the thought.

"i wouldn't call that in the past."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 3:31:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"because meteor falls needed you. your skills were better suited there."

these reasons are formed with logic. the next, however, comes from a more selfish place.

"and because you would've seen me die otherwise."

he looks away.

"how does he use me now?"
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 3:35:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her expression crumples and in a way, she's grateful he looks away.

it's less painful that way - isn't it?

"or maybe it wouldn't have happened."

she could have prevented it, couldn't she? what's the use of powers like she had - like she still has - if he died anyway?

"i besmirch you, apparently."

her tone is bitter at the edges.

"it's the other way around."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 3:59:56 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"there was nothing you could have done."

with or without her, he would have thrown himself in front of 's parents and been ripped to shreds by the buzzwole regardless. her presence and her powers would have changed nothing.

he takes a step away to approach the escalator.

"if he feels like he has to, then let him. it's not worth the trouble."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 4:08:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"you don't know that."

like a fragile little twig beneath a heavy foot, she snaps. it echoes. she flinches.

"how is it not worth the trouble when he's a liar?"

but that's just the thing - he doesn't know the full story, the whole truth.

she feeds him half baked narratives on a silver platter and he pays it no mind.

slowly, she trails behind him toward the elevator. somehow - she can't bring herself to tell the truth. perhaps it's the notion that he will no longer be here if she does, if she pulls the veil back and unearths the fernando shaped skeletons in her closet.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 9:06:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"because what good will it do? what change will it bring? there is nothing tangible for us to use against him. no fact or wrongdoing."

only when they're both on the escalator does he push the button. it groans to life, rumbling as it begins its descent.

"what would you have me do?"