snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
MECHANICAL KINGDOM: AI
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 16:22:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]pretty features twist into a scowl.

"i don't know - something, anything?"

it's no longer her place to ask things of him. she knows this, understands this, but she can't stop herself. old habits die hard.

"he lied about loving me, too."

she looks down at the elevator's metal floor as it heaves a groan into newfound life.

"and i can't even use that against him either."

faintly - somewhere overhead - the sound of a cable snapping echoes. the elevator around them lurches suddenly...

18 begin building a base camp/settlement of some kind.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 18:24:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"what do you mea—"

his question is cut short by the snapping of a cable and the lurching of the elevator. he reaches to grab her first out of instinct, hand curling around her arm, before he looks around for their escape plan.

"hold on to me!"

he finds what appears to be a grappling hook. aiming it down at one of the sky-lines, he waits until they fall low enough before firing. the moment it connects, he jumps, hoping the momentum would carry them to safety.

whatever safety they could find in the castle, anyway.

22 involve the use of a grappling hook/tool and "sky-lines" (shamelessly stolen from bioshock: infinite) to travel or engage in combat.
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 3:15:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the elevator lurches with the sound of a snapping cable and her eyes snap up toward the ceiling. metal groans around them and as alexander's hand settles around her arm, her stomach flips. the elevator begins to fall, plummeting back toward the ground. she shrieks, hands reaching to hold onto his shirt with tight little fists. even if he didn't say to hold on, she clings regardless for it is her nature.

and quick thinking - his signature, she supposes - provides them a way out with a grappling hook.

the landing is rough, limbs jostling around and she swears she lands gracefully... but it's more a heap of silver hair and age old dirt clinging to her clothes. her nose scrunches at the thought.

"ugh."

it's a soft, barely audible groan. every inch of her body already hurts and as her head picks up to steal a glance of their surroundings, regret mixes with nausea.

"alex."

urgent, concerned, almost pleading... for they have landed in the beginning of a boneyard.

19 involve an elevator ride that goes horrifically wrong.

27 uncover thousands of human remains (bones) in the mechanical kingdom's castle.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 17:00:58 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]the landing is rough, and only after they come to a tumbling halt does he get the chance to regain his bearings. he looks around, hands splaying across the ground only to hear something crunch under him.

he stands immediately, dragging her with him before finally calling out his gallade.

"are you okay?" he turns to look at her only to realize he's still holding her arm.
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 17:07:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he hauls her up and she simply lets him, body reacting out of familiarity and instinct.

around them, skulls observe with empty sockets. her nose scrunches slightly at the sight.

"yeah - are you?"

his hand on her arm is warm. she doesn't shy away from the concept, instead hovering closer as his gallade joins their side. mew is released quietly, pink body bobbing around in the air as it looks between the pair and the boneyard sprawling out before them.

and faintly, like an echoing whisper, she asks a question she doesn't actually want the answer to:

"what happened here?"

19 involve an elevator ride that goes horrifically wrong.

27 uncover thousands of human remains (bones) in the mechanical kingdom's castle.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 15:35:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]he nods at her question, insisting that he's okay, which he is, even if the situation around them is quickly testing him.

"i don't know. nothing good, i imagine."

his gallade points to their side at what appears to be a broken down volcanion that they somehow all missed. perhaps it's the fall. or perhaps it only chooses to make itself known now.

"over there."

23 encounter a broken down volcanion that has been crushed by metal or gears who gains a moment of lucidity/life, but "dies" or malfunctions before it can impart any information.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 15:50:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a hum escapes, seemingly satisfied with the answer.

and as his gallade points, she twists out of his grasp to get a closer look. her arm still feels hot from touch, lingering like a ghost.

”help me out, please.”

she speaks more to mew than to him, for they must act quickly, though she has a feeling he will assist as is his nature.

”life dew.”

her own healing mist rises as well as the two work in tandem to aid the fallen volcanion. it is a lost cause - surely she must know this - but she tries all the same. between herself and mew, they struggle to both heal and remove the crushing gear from its mechanical body…

🗺️ utilize mew and/or terastallization in an advantageous way.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 14:38:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]it is his nature to so he does without hesitation.

gallade's own LIFE DEW rises but it is to no avail. the volcanion's soul has long passed which is a concept he of all people should be familiar with. he wonders if it could be found within the border.

it is a thought he pays no mind to.

"it's gone, illie."

but as he says that, its eyes flicker with life, and for the briefest of moments he could almost hear it speak. but then the flicker fades and all that's left is metal.

"it's not ours to save."

23 encounter a broken down volcanion that has been crushed by metal or gears who gains a moment of lucidity/life, but "dies" or malfunctions before it can impart any information.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 2:03:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his voice cuts through chaotic thoughts as the volcanion struggles to cling to life. and he's always been the voice of reason, really, but she almost despises it this time.

"but i -"

she had been ready to protest, to claim it still has life within its metal body... but that life dies out and all that's left behind is a husk of steel.

her expression falls with the realization.

"okay, fine."

mew leans over the volcanion's body, then, and gently shuts its open, hollow eyes. she lets out a soft sigh and pushes herself away from the lifeless volcanion. after a moment, mew quietly follows.

"let's go, then..."

there is nothing else left for them here.

🗺️ utilize mew and/or terastallization in an advantageous way.