2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 0:37:28 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e rubbed the bandage on their arm and took a deep breath.

The ocean air tasted lovely on the tongue. The sun beat down over the ring of Sootopolis.

It was bittersweet. It was nice. There was something that captivity took from you. Even if Chu-e's cage had been gilded it had still been a cage.

Not wanting to trouble or his husband, Chu-e had decided to take a stroll around Sootopolis and look at empty housing. One couldn't live in his friend's spare bedroom forever.

But, of course, this could lead to meeting familiar faces.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 1:02:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"] wasn't on the sub. Believe Isaac; he'd checked as much as he could without getting his head lopped off. That meant there was only one reasonable place where he could have been kept.[break][break]

This was going to suck.[break][break]

The sub was one thing. It was a place for business. Rockets lived there, sure. Isaac had back before he realized how much he missed having a starry sky above his head. But ultimately, when you went to the sub, it was because you had a job to do. Training. Missions. Uncomfortable conversations with the higher ups.[break][break]

Sootopolis, on the other hand, was a place where people lived their lives. It was an entire city brought under Rocket's thumb, for better and for so much worse. It was a little slice of Kanto, a preview of what was in store for the rest of the region. Isaac never spent much time here if he could help it. But now, he could no longer help it.[break][break]

Not when someone so important to him hung in the balance.[break][break]

Obviously, Isaac couldn't just break into people's homes and look for signs of wayward Calebs. But he could wander around the city. He could look for suspicious activity. He could map out abandoned homes and places that the populace steered well clear of. He could overhear gossip in the streets, especially if there was any talk of traitors getting what was coming to them.[break][break]

Little did Isaac know, the traitor he sought would not be the traitor he'd found.[break][break]

". . . Chu-e?"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 1:12:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Their name leaves lips.

Chu-e pauses, confused for a moment, and turns to see none other than .

They tilts their head, long hair falling over their shoulder. They really, really should cut it already.

"Isaac? Why are you still here?" Is asked, as if Chu-e themselves isn't the oddity here.

Chu-e was very out of touch. That's what captivity did for you.

But they would have expected Isaac to have defected by now.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 1:29:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Well. A month ago, I would've told you I'm just a coward."[break][break]

There was no sense hiding from the truth. At best, Isaac was misguided. At worst, he never had the guts or the strength to commit with what he already knew. 20 years of perspective had given him what he needed to make up his mind and harden his heart.[break][break]

Then five seconds were all it took to leave him here just a little longer.[break][break]

"We should walk and talk," Isaac said, voice soft. The last thing he wanted was to be airing his treason so brazenly, even if the streets were quiet. "Check out the cliffsides. I know it's been a while since you've been here."[break][break]

And Isaac so, so desperately wanted to know why.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 1:41:08 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Hm." A pensive looked crossed Chu-e's face for just a moment. Then it smoothed over into indifference.

A shrug.

Chu-e didn't think that was the type to try and kill him. The blond had too much kindness in his heart for that.

So Chu-e follows, allowing Isaac to lead.

"You want to know why I'm here." It's a statement, not a question, but Chu-e keeps their words slippery.

Chu-e was a snake. But only fools attacked their own kind without fear of snagging their own tail.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 1:55:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Maybe I do."[break][break]

Chu-e wasn't why Isaac was here. Frankly, seeing them walking around Sootopolis was the last thing Isaac expected. However, with no idea why they were here, Isaac wasn't going to go spilling any beans. Were they a captive? Were they a willing convert? Were they going to plant a blade in Isaac's back the second they were alone?[break][break]

Even saying as much as he had was a risk. But Chu-e already knew he was going. They didn't need to know about Caleb, too.[break][break]

That said, Isaac's thoughts weren't solely his own. Frankly, if anyone wanted to join Rocket, it was their prerogative. If they wanted advice from Isaac, he'd warn them against it. If they were someone close to him, he'd try his damndest to stop them from making that mistake. If they ever wanted out, he'd ready the getaway car. But he wasn't the type of guy to go crazy over an acquaintance joining Rocket.[break][break]

No. Somebody else, however, was. And if this situation was as it seemed, Isaac could only imagine what would be going through. The thought agonized him, but he refused to let it show on his face.[break][break]

"But we both know I'm not the only one who does."[break][break]

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 2:24:28 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
There would be no blade in 's side this day. At least, not from Chu-e in this moment. If someone else stabbed him later.... well, that was just some silly cosmic karma.

"She doesn't know I'm here."

Chu-e slides in closer to Isaac. Takes his arm; and they're certainly frothy enough. Dainty enough and just the right side of androgynous to seem perhaps like a lady clinging to a date.

When Chu-e lowers their voice to whisper in Isaac's ear, though, it's anything but sweet nothings.

"And she won't know I'm here."

It burns, the tone similar to when Chu-e had been considering killing him. When Isaac had been stuck in their window.

The grip on Isaac tightens.

But Chu-e's metaphorical claws retract.

"Her being around me is dangerous. Rocket or League... she was going to get caught in the crossfire. At least here she won't have to worry about poisoned honey."

Their tone is bitter and acidic.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 2:49:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was a threat. That wasn't surprising. Those were the main currencies bandied around at Rocket.[break][break]

Despite that, Chu-e's intent seemed less about hostility and more about insurance. If anything, it was when they grabbed Isaac's arm hardest that their venom gave way to sincerity.[break][break]

"I hate how right you are." He really did. Chu-e was Necrozma's former host. As much as Isaac wanted to believe that anyone could find love and acceptance, they'd always be hated by the population. The League would always distrust them for their former actions. If they stayed away, Rocket would hunt them down like the dog they were.[break][break]

Maybe that was why they made their choice in the first place.[break][break]

"If you ask me, she shouldn't be here at all. Not with how often she tries to get involved." would never accept a quiet life in custody. A life of adventure in custody, perhaps. Yet the second tensions between the League and Rocket sparked again, she'd find a way back in the middle of them. She couldn't help herself. "But . . ."[break][break]

"Hoenn, all this, us . . . better or worse, we're all she has."[break][break]

Or, in this case, had.[break][break]

Poisoned honey. It was a hell of a phrase. "Is that really what you think of yourself?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 4:31:02 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"She'll have you."[break][break]

Maybe colluding with someone about to run was the worst thing Chu-e could do right after coming back into Rocket's grasp. Yet, they would so much rather not be alone than... what they had done to her this time.[break][break]

Chu-e sighs and glances back upwards. At the ring of the dormant volcano's shadow.[break][break]

"I meant that literally. I was making cookies- I almost killed her. Because they wanted me." Chu-e had spent hours going through everything in their apartment after that. Had thrown out everything they couldn't confirm was safe. Then had sat in the bathtub and cried and cursed that this is where their life had ended up.[break][break]

When Chu-e glances back at , it's sad.[break][break]

"It's not that far off, though. Ever since I came back to Hoenn... people keep coming to me and I don't know why. So confident I'm not a spider luring them into my web. I never really understood it."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 13:24:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac was dangerous, too. With the choice he was about to make, he'd be even moreso. Yet Isaac remembered what happened the last time he navel gazed about that fact to Chu-e. If he expressed that uncertainty now, they'd laugh right in his face.[break][break]

He'd just have to keep an eye out for his own poisoned honey.[break][break]

Who were they? The League, not trusting his reform and hoping they'd pass in prison of "natural causes?" Rocket, finding a way to spitefully lash out at someone even in the safety of Ever Grande City? Or a "concerned citizen", like the one that had tried to shoot Isaac and hospitalized a doubting Ranger in the process? The Hoenn Region had been knives out lately, and for one of Chu-e's stature it could only be worse.[break][break]

"That isn't your fault." Chu-e's sorrowful gaze forced the words from Isaac's mind to his mouth.[break][break]

It was also an outlier. Bar that one poisoned fly, there were many visitors to Chu-e's web who came in good faith. They seemed more shocked by that fact than they were by their own attempted murder.[break][break]

"Guilty as charged, huh?" he mused, amazed he'd done so twice over. He admitted to Rockethood to them on Ever Grande soil. Now he stood here in Sootopolis, both of them knowing damn well that he was a traitor. Yet he held his head high and met Chu-e's gaze.[break][break]

"Guess the idea of counting someone out's never sit right with me." Arceus knows his father tried. He almost resented himself for believing all that junk more than he resented dear old dad for saying it in the first place. "Even if someone's done some real fucked up things, long as they've still got a life, they should get the chance to make good with it."[break][break]

Retribution was not justice. It was just more blood being fed into the machine.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 17:25:40 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The silence stretches after says his piece. It's not intended to be uncomfortable. Just a quiet rumination as Chu-e soaks in the other's words. This moment was for the two of them. Both of them could have this small rest before going back to busy plans and worries and lives.[break][break]

But does have to break eventually.[break][break]

"You're a kind person, Isaac."[break][break]

It's all Chu-e can say, eventually. It strikes him that Isaac is too kind for Rocket. Chu-e had, before, joined Rocket again in a misguided attempt to save the lost souls here. Now, Chu-e accepted that just wasn't something that could be done. Now, they would just allow the world to go on around them and try to help pick up the pieces where they could. It was all that could be done by them.[break][break]

Chu-e gives Isaac's arm another, smaller, squeeze.[break][break]

"I'm going to tell you a secret, Isaac. A secret that could kill me if anyone in Rocket ever found out I told you." Voice lowered, they lean in slightly.[break][break]

"Do you know about how they fucked in out minds in Kanto?"

[attr="class","tag"]@ tag

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 18:15:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"So are you, you know." That wasn't to say Chu-e was a perfect person. Hell, they may not have even been a good person. But they'd always been kind to Isaac, and that was a fact not so easily forgotten. "Maybe that's why people come to you."[break][break]

For his consideration, Isaac had earned a small token of favor. One secret, traded in good faith for another.[break][break]

What a secret it was. Isaac paled a little as Chu-e's fingers tightened around his arm and their voice lowered against his ear. "I'll never tell a soul," he said, voice small in the face of this overwhelming gravity. Not Rocket. Not the League. Not anyone.[break][break]

It was a matter of the mind, and how the Team Rocket of old made it yet another plaything. For the most part, the lack of Kanto's excesses seemed less a question of morality and more a question of availability. Had Rocket controlled Hoenn with even half the strength it controlled Kanto, Isaac was sure those old cruelties would be back in full force.[break][break]

But this? This felt different.[break][break]

had mentioned meddling with memories, once. It sounded almost more theoretical than known, though Isaac remembered the painful context far more than any details. Now Chu-e spoke of it as a certainty, and the thought of it sent electricity down Isaac's spine.[break][break]

"I don't."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 18:45:06 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Chu-e shook their head at 's assessment of them. They didn't consider themself a kind person.[break][break]

But that moment had passed. Now, it was thick with a different kind of tension. Of admission and secrets spread open. When Chu-e spoke, it felt less like hands open in offering and more like a chest ripped open to examine. A pinup doll of beating organs for Isaac to view under a microscope. Of not just Chu-e, but also of Rocket as a whole, of what Kanto had been, and perhaps even a new shifting puzzle piece of many of the old dogs.[break][break]

"I was on the team that did it." Information extraction was one of their many specialties within Rocket. One of their many cruelties. But this was something else. Something darker.[break][break]

"If Rocket saw you as an asset, they would send you to people like me. And we could pick apart your insides. Take out what we didn't like and put new things in their place."[break][break]

Chu-e hadn't been free of it either. Perhaps that was why they kept coming back to Rocket again and again like an abusive ex lover. A machine couldn't take out it's own screws without damaging itself.[break][break]

It was a mental brand that burned where no one could see.[break][break]

"I was surprised when I came to Hoenn and saw they haven't been doing it here. It's very... effective."

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 19:08:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac's heart caught in his throat as he realized how close he'd come to losing everything.[break][break]

A talented, promising Rocket with a stellar mission portfolio and an almost meteoric growth. Loved and trusted by many, both among the Grunts and within the inner circle. The only thing holding him back had been that tender heart of his, every attempt at hardening it only making it stronger.[break][break]

Had Chu-e's old team gotten back in action, Isaac would've been a natural test subject.[break][break]

Was this why reacted so strongly in the manor investigation, when psychic energy threatened to tear his mind apart? Was this why he was so adamant that Hoenn be better than Kanto? Was this why he only seemed happy and at peace in Galar, where the concept of Rocket no longer even existed?[break][break]

Isaac wanted to vomit as new levels of understanding assaulted his mind.[break][break]

"How did you do it?" The topic was like a trainwreck in slow motion. No matter how disquieted he fely, he couldn't tear himself away from it. Even as his voice shrank and shuddered, he was helpless to resist the urge to press on.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 19:39:18 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Chu-e gives a few moments to change his mind. Their stare is intense as they watch the blond; assessing much like a predator did when they decided if a kill was worth the effort. It wasn't intentional. This was just hard knowledge to swallow.[break][break]

But Isaac seemed sure even if knowing might hurt.[break][break]

"Pokemon are very mysterious creatures, Isaac." And Chu-e's tone is gentle. As if they're trying to coax Isaac to take a bitter medicine and not talking about the Pokemon Equivalent of MK Ultra atrocities.[break][break]

"It was extremely painful. We would use a mixture of special extracts of poisons from various pokemon. When the subject was in so much pain they were pleading for death, we would use a mixture of the toxin and psychic energies to shape the mind how we wanted it."[break][break]

Chu-e pauses. Letting that sink in. It sounded so easy, didn't it? Yet...[break][break]

"It was more an art than a science." Chu-e shifts to glance at the ground now. "The exact same treatment wouldn't work on two people. Each session was personalized. Some people with strong wills would need multiple sessions before the effects took hold permanently. It was also very delicate- hours of very minute nudges. If you pushed too far, too fast, you would break them completely. Then they would be useless."

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes