Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 5:11:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]With the same gentle, parental tones they used to feed her vegetables, Chu-e described the atrocities they helmed during their time in Kanto.[break][break]

Isaac's Musharna, Harmony, had been in Isaac's head before. Not extensively, of course, but her dream eating techniques were half of why he hadn't become a trauma riddled wreck by now. Isaac had imagined Rocket's technique would be similar, simply scaled up with no regard for the consequences.[break][break]

He couldn't have been more wrong.[break][break]

He didn't expect the poisons, a nightmare cocktail brewed to bring out each species' unique traits. On the battlefield, it was all similar enough. Poison was poison. But in the lab, all those little differences added up, and fast. It was not merely a victim's mind under assault, but their body as well, subjecting them to inhuman levels of agony.[break][break]

Only then would they know their place and stop trying to fight it.[break][break]

It was far from careless. It was meticulous to a point of deadly efficiency, a targeted regimen designed to tear you and you alone down to the best of Rocket's ability. It was in equal parts Rocket's personal need for and hatred of you, combined into a symbol of the control they wanted over all life, all regions, all things.[break][break]

"Did they give it up in Kanto, too?" Isaac knew Hoenn was but one of Rocket's branches, and far from their main stronghold. If the Hoenn front continued to stall, and Kantonian leadership took matters into their own hands . . .[break][break]

Isaac didn't even want to think about what could happen next.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 1:21:51 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"As far as I know? No." But they had not stepped foot in Kanto for years, by this point. After being dismissed from Hoenn the first time Chu-e had spent years in a Kalosian hospital watching the stars. That was even before their time here, again. It could be that Rocket was tired of messing with the minds of others. Or, perhaps, Kanto was building even more terrible things that even Chu-e wasn't ready for.[break][break]

Only time would tell in the end.[break][break]

This could be where the conversation stops. Could be all that Chu-e admits to as some final act of... well, Chu-e didn't know. They had always been more loyal to themself. Rocket was a means to an end by this point. Mostly because....[break][break]

"It can be reversed.... in part."[break][break]

And that one whisper is so quiet, if not for the intensity in Chu-e's tone and their eyes that Isaac could have very well missed it.[break][break]

And that was the great secret of Chu-e Choi.[break][break]

A machine couldn't take out it's own screws. Yet, somewhere over the years, their screws had come loose of their own accord.

[attr="class","tag"]@ tag

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 3:55:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Why was Chu-e telling him this?[break][break]

Why was Chu-e giving him hope?[break][break]

Isaac didn't even know many of the Kanto old guard. Of the vanishing few he did, he had no idea if any of them had even been mindfucked like this or not. Of the ones who had been, he wasn't even sure if they'd be capable of wanting such an escape. @cil seemed violently protective, of his mind and his position alike. Would he ever consent to something like this?[break][break]

Even if it was for the greater good, for their own good, would fixing this be just as monstrous of an act as breaking them had been? Would it be saving them? Or killing who they were to save who they could have been?[break][break]

Yet Chu-e's voice was heavy with intent, just as it had been when they told Isaac to go far, far away and never look back those months ago.[break][break]

"What do you mean by in part?" Isaac asked, voice cautious. "And what do you want for yourself?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 19:33:55 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Ah, not was starting to get it.[break][break]

Chu-e just smiled but there was no humor of warmth to it.[break][break]

"You can't erase who we are, what we did. The parts we took out can't be replaced. If everyone had it suddenly reversed today, I would wager many of the people afflicted would still stay in Rocket...."[break][break]

A small shake of the head, a little sigh.[break][break]

"But wouldn't it be nice to know you could make that choice on your own? Without some programming shoved into your skull to point you in the direction?"[break][break]

What Chu-e wanted didn't matter anymore.[break][break]

What Chu-e wanted was said between the lines.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 3:10:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Nothing but a time machine could. And even if it could, you'd always remember."[break][break]

It wasn't something Isaac had consciously considered. At the same time, it wasn't just some idle thought. There were plenty of times he wondered what would happen if his life took a different direction. Would we have matured into the person he had become today? Would he have found the relationships that defined his life, the talents that enriched it, and the heart that he was now loathe to ever let go of?[break][break]

The last year had been the most painful of his entire life. Yet, if he had the chance to take it all back, he'd refuse without a second thought.[break][break]

There was no erasing what had happened. Not in the impacts it had made on everyone in their lives. Not in the memories it left behind, written on the mind and the heart alike. Not even in the infinite fabric of the multiverse, which would remember even the most thoroughly forgotten histories.[break][break]

But that didn't mean those scars needed to fester.[break][break]

"Poisons and psychic power," Isaac repeated, the words as reverent and fearful as a prayer whispered to a dark god. "And you were on the team that cracked the case behind it all." These thoughts were dangerous. Even for the noblest reasons, the mere concept left his hands trembling. Despite that, he refused to break eye contact with the one who put so much trust in him.[break][break]

"Does that mean you knew what it took for you?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 4:05:20 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"No." Chu-e's voice is quiet but the correction rings loud between the two of them.[break][break]

"I was the best at it." Chu-e had been a Beast in Kanto long before they had been an Underboss in Hoenn. The sickening truth of it was something that festered much worse.[break][break]

Chu-e themself was the one who had personally broken so many who still stood today.[break][break]

If things had been like Kanto still, if so many things had been different, Chu-e would have been the one reaching into 's mind to rip out his bleeding heart.[break][break]

The people who taught him had cowered under their hands and at the time they had relished it.[break][break]

But Isaac asks more. And Chu-e answers.[break][break]

What had they taken from Chu-e Choi?[break][break]

"Empathy." It's the most immediate. The most obvious. "I've always... struggled with empathy. A diagnosed sociopath." They tuck a strand behind their ears. Biding time to form words. "But it's not like the movies. We're not monsters waiting to kill you on a whim." A frown.[break][break]

"Usually. Rocket complicates things."[break][break]

Chu-e clears their throat and gets back on track.[break][break]

"What little bit of empathy I had taught myself was sealed away. My brain nudged to not want to learn it again."[break][break]

Chu-e shrugs, opening palms.[break][break]

"At least, that would be my guess. The worst part of it is you don't feel any different. If I started treatment on you right now, you would remember the pain. You would know what I had done. But you would never know for sure what was taken from you. That's the most insidious part of it, I think."[break][break]

"The coming back 'wrong'."

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 4:21:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was fascinating. It was horrifying. It was unthinkable.[break][break]

It wasn't what Isaac had asked at all.[break][break]

He had his suspicions about what the poison had stolen already. However, it wasn't what it stole that Isaac was so curious about. It was what it needed. Every person was different. Every case was different. Every toxin was different. Every will was different. It was such a personal and specific procedure. Almost nobody could just know how to do it at a glance.[break][break]

Yet Chu-e was the best at it.[break][break]

"What did you need to survive to become like this, though?" Isaac asked. "You said its not some one size fits all thing, right? And if you were the best at it, you probably had to give them some pointers before going under the knife. So I guess I was wondering . . ."[break][break]

Sweat gathered on Isaac's brow. Thinking it was one thing. Implying it was another. To actually say those words and give them serious consideration? That step was unthinkable. Chu-e's confusion had forced his hand, however, and now nothing stopped them from tearing his throat as they forced themselves free.[break][break]

"How can we give you your choice back?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 4:35:44 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"A strong willpower. A refusal to lay down and die."[break][break]

Chu-e wishes it was easier to give a better answer. As with many things that involved the mind, it was often left far too vague and with too many broad strokes. Nothing that Chu-e could say would give Isaac any type of satisfaction.[break][break]

There is a sweet smile on their face. It's almost pitying.[break][break]

They take Isaac's hands in their own, both of them, and give a gentle squeeze.[break][break]

"If you managed to take me apart, you can't put me back together, Isaac." It's sad, almost. "What's been taken out can't be put back in. You can't Ship of Theseus a mind."[break][break]

"I can give you the exact dosage of all the chemicals I was injected with, if you really want. Explain how every step went, how different minds adapted. Even how to use your Psychic types to muck around in minds."[break][break]

There is a pause. A levity.[break][break]

It will feel very much like some dark fae offering a pact. Something you could never change or come back from.[break][break]

"But do you really think you can hurt people like that? How it would need to be done?"

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 13:20:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I know we couldn't." What's done was done. What's lost was lost. There was no magical switch to flip to turn Chu-e into the model of a normal human being. Even if there was, they'd already been a member of Rocket. They'd already inflicted these horrors on so many.[break][break]

Chu-e couldn't just turn into a good person.[break][break]

"But you're the one that said it could be undone in part, right?" he continued. "That at least you'd have peace of mind, knowing whatever's up next is your own choice to make. We can't fix your past. But we can at least give you your future, right?"[break][break]

The means of doing so were horrific. The worst part was, Isaac already had a few ideas of who to draft for the job. Echo, to measure the effects. Harmony, to probe through the subconscious. Fugu, who blended psychic and poison prowess with unthinking ease. Charles, to stop the procedure on a dime and heal Chu-e as soon as needed . . .[break][break]

Sometimes Isaac hated his natural inquisitiveness. Even when he wanted nothing more than the forget these fucked up thoughts, his brain pounced them like a puzzle to he solved. It was chilling, knowing were it not for his endless wells of empathy he'd be exactly what Rocket needed.[break][break]

Yet that empathy, against all odds, was why he was even here.[break][break]

"I could never do what you do," Isaac admitted. Not normally. Not for the reasons Rocket did it. "But you can. You're the best there's ever been at it. And if freeing your mind's worth the pain its gonna put you through . . . "[break][break]

Isaac gave Chu-e's hands a soft squeeze, returning the earlier gesture. "Then I'll be your hands. Just this once."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 16:04:27 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A thought flicks across Chu-e's mind.[break][break]

Ah. He doesn't know I'm dying.[break][break]

Then Chu-e tucks that away for later.[break][break]

"You're very bold to ask to root around in my mind, Isaac. Crazy, too." Chu-e pulls their hands away, covering their mouth to hide the laugh that bubbles from their throat.[break][break]

"But why the hell not? You can be my newest protege. I'm not letting you touch me until I've taught you all the nasty little tricks I know, though."[break][break]

It seemed to be settled. This terrible and dark knowledge would be 's to do with as he pleased. Be that for good or bad, the future would only tell.[break][break]

Seeming pleased with themselves, Chu-e stepped back and raised up a finger.[break][break]

"Step one is finding me a house. I can't teach you in the guest room at Cillian's. Also, I think his husband doesn't like I'm there." Probably because Chu-e being there meant that Tempest couldn't pin to the couch whenever he wanted was Chu-e's guess.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 17:26:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"For every mess being bold and crazy's gotten me into, being bolder and crazier's gotten me out of it." It probably wasn't supposed to be a compliment, but Isaac couldn't resist grinning. "If life's trying to teach me to stop, its doing a real bad job."[break][break]

With that, the dark pact was sealed. While Isaac remained here, he would become the sorcerer's apprentice. The last time he'd slipped into that role, he and enjoyed a white hot forge, tag teaming on homecooked meals, and cozying up with a movie every night. Knowing Chu-e, the experience would be both disconcertingly similar and intermittently horrifying.[break][break]

It'd be helpful for Isaac, too. The longer he stayed in Sootopolis, the closer he could come to finding . For such a gift, he'd gladly endure whatever it took to bring Chu-e their peace.[break][break]

First step was location, location, location. Chu-e had an amazing point. would probably go on the warpath if he knew what was going on. "There's always my place in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere. But I'm guessing you don't want to leave Sootopolis," Isaac figured. " 'Sides, its haunted as hell. Probably not great mojo for such delicate work."[break][break]

At least, when it came time to hit the road, he could trust the ghosts to hide his shit before Rocket burned it all down.[break][break]

"Alright, lets think about this. Nobody's really moving into Sootopolis that can help it. And with you being you, you can probably pull rank on any free real estate. Maybe even score some discounts." Were there any vacancies? If any opened up, it probably wasn't for any good reason. "Any requests on where to scope out?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 23:21:15 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Well, if nothing else came of this, at least Chu-e knew they were conning into helping them house hunt.[break][break]

"I'd like to stay by the water, I think."[break][break]

Actually, there had been a house that had seemed interesting. But Chu-e couldn't tell if it was abandoned or not. It seemed oddly lived in and was just next door to Cillian. But Chu-e hadn't actually seen anyone there in weeks at this point. He'd meant to ask about it but Cillian had been so busy and seemed to sad lately....[break][break]

Well, they'd get it all sorted out.[break][break]

"All my samples and supplies got confiscated by the League when they raided my house in Mossdeep. While I get a place set up, we'll need to start collecting again." That being a Royal We, since it would mostly be Isaac doing the hunting for what Chu-e didn't already have.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 2:09:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was no surprise that Chu-e was without their usual tools. Chu-e's skillset was one of the most dangerous in Rocket, and giving them the tools to do as they pleased was just asking for trouble. How was the League supposed to know that they'd just kinda . . . given up?[break][break]

Isaac was unsure how much Chu-e had returned to Rocket and how much they'd just crawled back here to rest.[break][break]

"We should have a good few options there," Isaac said, scrolling through the Pokedex app on his phone. "Crobat, Amoonguss, Scolipede, Tentacruel, Toxtricity, Toxapex, Salandit . . . even one of those weird Slowbro from Galar. And those are just the natural Poison types." Who knew how many Poison moves he had that he'd just forgotten all about?[break][break]

"Though, uh. Guess we're gonna need some jars and stuff too, huh?" It wasn't like he could call out a firing squad and have them blast poor Chu-e into the stone age. That wasn't how science works! "I'll have Charles on hand, at least. That way I won't end up getting my ass poisoned while we try this."[break][break]

How the hell did you even milk bat venom?[break][break]

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 0:02:18 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I still have most of my pokemon. The League didn't clear out everything I had under my false identity." That had included their PC. Some of the pokemon were missing, sadly, but it wasn't the carnage and loss that Chu-e had been expected.[break][break]

"We'll need more than that. I'll need equipment, too. So I can distill what we harvest into a usable form." No surprise, you couldn't just collect the ooze of a Gunk Shot and pump into someone's veins raw.[break][break]

"I'll have to start getting you adapted to the poisons, too." A click of the tongue and Chu-e looked pensive, glancing down and biting down on his thumb nail. "Hmm... perhaps food....?"[break][break]

A sly smile then they glanced back up at the other.[break][break]

"Well, be prepared to have some of the worst shits of your life in the coming weeks."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
What Are You Doing Here
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 13:42:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]More Pokemon worth of poison samples. More specialized equipment for distilling and alchemy. More capability for Isaac to resist poison-[break][break]

Wait, what?[break][break]

"Hold on," Isaac said as Chu-e tittered impishly about diarrhea. "Why am I getting adapted, too? We're not fucking around with my brain, right?" Was he going to have everything he fought so hard for locked away? No, no. That wasn't how this was supposed to go![break][break]

Shits aside, the rest of it shouldn't be too bad for Isaac to get his hands on. Chu-e had his own cornucopia of poison types, and if they still needed More they could always hit up a route. Distilling equipment? Easily found and borrowed on the sub, but they might not want Rocket knowing what they were cooking. Maybe it would be better to check elsewhere.[break][break]

Like the Bothwell Apothecary.[break][break]

had been in a tumultuous place lately. Isaac wasn't sure if she wanted to reopen while she was still here, or if she wanted to move far, far away from her memories of this life. In the former case, it'd be easy enough to buy some materials. If she didn't? Well, the chances it'd already be cleared out in full were slim.[break][break]

Soon as he had the assurance his own mind would be safe, Isaac would get Chu-e those tools one way or another.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]