March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 6:18:17 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin smiled at Biscotti's snide remark about the way the suits fit. Yes, they were tight fits, but they never felt uncomfortable. "Each suit is tailored specifically to its wearer and the bond between the wearer and the synced Pokémon. I definitely feel different wearing mine, though. It's as though... my Flygon absorbs a portion of what makes me human, and I absorb part of what makes Sandy a Pokémon. It's almost like... I become one with my Pokémon. Not just figuratively, either." It was hard to explain the nuances of how the suit worked. Even she didn't fully understand why she could do what she could do; she just knew what she could do and had a good idea what the limits were.

Shalin graciously took one of the napkins, unfolded it, and used it to wipe her face clean. "Biscotti, you... you don't understand. I was conscripted into the war. I didn't have a choice but to fight. It was fight or be stripped of my position as a Ranger. Possibly face prison time. No one under the League's watch is safe. If they were really desperate, they could conscript you, too." She clearly resented the League for the decision they made, but was acutely aware she had to be careful who she voiced her concerns to.

"It's the same with Lathiel here, too," she explained, having to wipe her face a second time. Discussing Littleroot and Lathiel reduced her to tears. "It's not that I willingly did this. The League and Team Rocket... they're both evil. They don't value you or your Pokémon. They just value you for your conflict resolution skills... and your combat skills. If they don't like you, they'll cast you aside." Lathiel turned away, the heartless Type: Null not wanting to hear the lament anymore. "Lathiel's creation, too, was forced upon me by the League, due to underperformance in the Battle of Littleroot. It's convinced me. They're both awful. The League is just the lesser of the two evils."

"Biscotti, I love every single one of my Pokémon. I really do. Do you have any idea how hard it was picking not one, not two, but eighteen of them to shoot that... poison. Can't even call it medicine. Picking eighteen to shoot that poison into. I even spoke up about it, how I disagreed with the whole thing. But they said no, I had to do it before the next major battle. I..." she trailed off, crying and lost in her emotions. That napkin was wet all over; maybe she would need a second one...

21S33Lhb Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 421}
{PC: 8}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Lathiel         Type: Null        Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good 
Flit            Yanmega           Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill**        Good
Treble          Kommo-o           Good
Bass Boost      Seismitoad        Good
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 21:06:16 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The brunette listens to the ranger’s explanation in respectful silence. But his body isn’t as polite—there’s a lot of lower body wiggling. Just saying the w-word seems to have conjured one. He nodded along, doing his best to be respectful and not think about how the seams on his pants lined up. “So, uh, you grow a tail or something?” That’d be pretty cool, actually. It’d be sweet for Halloween! “I’m not even sure what I’d do with something like that.” It didn’t help that most of his Pokemon were girls—it’d probably make the whole sync thing difficult.

Again, he didn’t move immediately to interrupt. Dual-colored eyes just stayed focused on Shalin’s face as she cried. Images of his own war zone flashed through his mind. Pools of corrosive poison with half-eaten faces staring up from them. “I do understand.” Even if it was fuzzy and felt more like a comic book than real life at this point. “They can conscript you, but they can’t make you pull the trigger.” And, in the heat of battle, sometimes cowardice was the right choice. “I mean they could, but then it’s not—well, it wouldn’t be your fault.”

The man shifted to face the Type: Null as Shalin continued. “I mean—” Biscotti wasn’t the best at avoiding peer pressure. It’d driven him to drive everything from nails to pushpins into his arms. His lack of reaction made them laugh and grin. It helped the baker feel like something bigger. “If they wanted her so bad, why didn’t they make her?” His voice is uncharacteristically bitter. He knows the answer: blackmail.

“But what would they have done if you said no? If you hate fighting, it’d hit me as the right thing to do.”

As history shows, peaceful protests were often the real needle movers.

Seeing the dark spots on the napkin, he fished out another. The ending of Shalin’s worries echoed back to them endlessly in the car. “I don’t trust either of them—” A fact that he’d never voiced aloud, he realized. “My dad was a ranger for years.” The kind of guy who broke his back for his family (all eight of them). His jaw presses more tightly together. “And then, he comes here and vanishes.”

Now, his sister was chasing the trail like a dog its tail. When she finally caught its end, he hoped she could handle what was on the other end. Some part of him preferred this strange, in-between zone. His yellow eye fills with tears, the blue one uncharacteristically sharp.

He scoffs. Scarred hands tighten in his lap. “They act like they’ve never heard of him.” A grown-ass group of people playing peekaboo with someone’s life.
Notes

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #D7262B; background-color: #232323; padding: 1px;font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 3:09:28 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Even Lathiel was getting fidgety at Shalin's mention of the League-Rocket war. The Type: Null, growing visibly uncomfortable with the topic Shalin had shifted to, turned toward Biscotti, perhaps getting uncomfortably close to the young man. "Nope! My suit doesn't have a tail or wings," she explained, perhaps to his disappointment. "Sometimes I wish it did - imagine being able to fly on your own instead of having to hop on a Pokémon to do so! I'm happy with how it turned out, though. Riding is just so fun! It's rare for me to walk anywhere anymore." She only walked when her environment demanded it, such as when she was indoors or laws otherwise prohibited ride Pokémon. How did she not get saddle sore?

Biscotti's laser focus was an intimidating glare to Shalin, though she did not back down. She could tell how serious he was, as though this was a discussion neither of them wanted to have, but knew they had to have. "They can make you pull the trigger when they hold your job over your head," Shalin rebuffed. "Had I known being a Ranger would put me in a warzone, I'd never have formally joined them." She grimaced at Biscotti's next question. "Best case scenario, revoke your citizenship and exile you from Hoenn; worst case scenario, you're treated like an enemy. A Rocket. And you know where Rockets go? Prison."

Biscotti was absolutely right, and she wished it was something his friend Josh could see. The Gym Leader never seemed to question anything the League did, the man effectively a puppet with how blindly he followed orders. "That's one of the reasons I want to run for Rustboro Captain. Hoenn is treating its Rangers as an extension of the military when their military night won't suffice. They have Avatars. They have Gym Leaders. They have the Elite Four. Let them take care of it. That's their job. It's not our job."

Shalin shook a fist as the car began to slow down. "Our job as Rangers is to save the lives of those at nature's mercy. To keep Hoenn's wilds pristine. That's what I want to protect. If I get the Captain's seat, one of the first things I will do is to petition for the government to keep unwilling Rangers out of the war. It's deplorable." She had learned how to use the AVIAN BOW to defend herself against wild Pokémon. One of the first things she did with it was try to kill at Littleroot last November.

UuMbC9Jr Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 425}
{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 0:03:54 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The closer Shalin came, the redder Scotti’s cheeks turned. Sure, he swung both ways but girls intimidated him. Maybe it’d been all those talks with his sisters about respect and consent. His hands vanished into his pockets, so he didn’t accidentally touch anything. His chin, meanwhile, tucked closer to his chest—as if to respect himself from the woman’s femininity. “Uh—” Honey eyes dipped to the spot where a tail wouldn’t be. “--that’s good. I don’t do much but walk.”

“No.” Again, there’s a surprising firmness to the brunette’s voice.

“They can scare you, but there are a lot of jobs out there. It's not worth selling your soul over.” Sure, rangers were a go-to for people who wanted to help Pokemon, but it wasn’t illegal to be a good person.

Maybe open up a training facility or something. Or, heck, she could just deliver pizzas or something. The rest of her sentences made him frown. But, then, he smiled. Maybe in an attempt to add some levity to his anger—being judgmental made him uncomfortable. Like his pants were too tight.

Luckily, the girl’s future dreams were nowhere near as offending as her past. “Okay.” He sounded skeptical. “Then what?” This sounded a lot like a plan he’d make. “Change it from the inside out or something?” It didn’t sound very likely. Was that why his dad went missing? Kicking up too much stink? “Won’t they just fire you then too?” To him, it seemed like this girl had a bad case of imagined helplessness.

The Ferris wheel began to inch downward back toward the platform beneath. But this stuff made it so Scotti couldn’t even enjoy the view. “You might think I’m a coward for this—” His breath was shaky. His hands curled up on his worn cargo pants. “But I’d just quit. Build my own thing. Screw them.”

And, in his twenty years in Galar, he’d gained plenty of experience building things from scraps.

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #D7262B; background-color: #232323; padding: 1px;font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 2:14:32 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Biscotti did have a point. Shalin, like many, had felt the League was a beacon of hope in keeping Hoenn safe from a Rocket poised to overrun the region with one well-placed operation. It was believable, too -- until the day she was forced to put eighteen of her Pokémon on the operating table. And now she would never get Pharika or Ellie back. While she did have some combat skills by nature of being a survivalist, she did not have the combat training for military operations. It showed when she was recruited to Littleroot.

She was good at fighting nature, not other people.

"I want to use my position as Rustboro Captain to turn Hoenn's Rangers back to what they were initially founded to be. We made a difference in the lives of those caught in nature's fury. No matter how fierce the fire, storm, or other disaster, we're there for you. If you're lost, we'll find you. I just... I don't get why the League wants to force this cold blood on our hands." Perhaps if she raised a stink about it, the League would fire her.

His point was valid. She was one of Hoenn's most famous explorers. Income would not be an issue; she could just do what she did before formally joining the Rangers, and do it full time. "I don't want to, Biscotti. There is so much good the Rangers do. But I think it's wrong of them to force us to fight in wars. That's not what we as Rangers signed up to do. Next time the Captains get pulled into a meeting with the Council, I'm voicing these concerns. And if they want to can me, so be it."

Another yawn from Lathiel as their car came to a complete stop near the bottom prompted Shalin to hold the Type: Null's Poké Ball in her hand. "Thanks for coming with me. I think I'm going to head home for the day. I'd love to exchange contact information with you; I think we have a lot in common."

{WC: 345}
{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 12:36:50 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The brunette listened with his typical politeness. At a consistent interval, Biscotti would make an encouraging noise.

Even if he didn’t think captains should be a-okay with playing mad scientist., it wasn’t right to interrupt. Mom hated that stuff. Which, in a house with eight kids, totally made sense. Still, as she talked, he couldn’t stop his hands from curling into his pants.

A small chuckle emerged. Which kind of made it sound like he was laughing at her dreams. Which he totally wasn’t—not outside anyway. “Sorry, I—it makes you guys sound like mailmen.” Still, if that was the kind of stuff she wanted to do, what was stopping her? People chased tornadoes all the time! They even built Hot Wheels to do it. The talk of force made him wince.

“They’re desperate?” His voice faded to a half-hearted mumble. “I dunno.” He’d lived at war for 20 years and was no closer to understanding why people wanted to kill each other than before.

Again, he nodded. “Well, I, uh, wish you luck.” Hopefully, she didn’t need to off any more Pokemon to get that promotion. It seemed like a lot of work to lodge a formal complaint though. “Couldn’t you just start a petition or something? If you guys helped so many people…” Then, surely, someone would sign it. And, since the League was all elected, they’d have to listen to the people. Probably. “It seems like a lot of work.” Not that he was scared of that; Biscotti was just scared of blood, sweat, and tears that ended in nothing.

He nodded as she stood up to say farewell. He did the same thing. His Runerigus popped briefly out of his skin to wave a slow, fond farewell. “You’re, uh, welcome.” The brunette muttered. Confusion was evident. What’s she thanking me for? I just called her a monster and told her to kick rocks. Not sure what to do with the invite to share information, he just quickly rattled off his phone number. Was that lot in common an insult?

“Hey,, Shalin.” He took a deep breath. “You got this.” Even if they didn’t agree on her past, she did seem to want to do better. Which, as his dad said, was worth a lot. It should be encouraged. “I hope you and Lathiel, you know…” Reach some kind of understanding.

Turning around to wave goodbye, he tripped over one of the Ferris wheel’s wires and almost ate a bunch of dirt.

The world’s got to keep you humble.

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 7:28:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: