Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 18:20:07 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

In that quick instant, Yuina wished she could take it back, she shouldn't have said it, she shouldn't have put it out into the universe, made it real... Saying it out loud actually forced her to understand the gravity of what had happened to her, that... She might never know who she really was? Where she was from? Did she have family? Did... Did they miss her? Did she have anyone else in her life, that... What if no one was looking for her...?[break]
It was all flooding her at once, she almost couldn't take it, but the concern on Doug's face, he reached into a pocket and handed her a soft handkerchief... She just shouldn't have said anything, even as empty as this 'new life' still felt, she was doing her best to just take each day in stride... And now she just couldn't put the cap back on the bottle, it had all spilled out.[break][break]
"I...," she tried to say, her voice caught and she held the handkerchief tightly in her fingers... She couldn't take it back, but it wasn't Doug's burden to bear...[break]
"I'm... I'm sorry, I shouldn't... I just... I haven't said it out loud before... But you didn't need to be the one I threw it at...," she apologized, and she did dab the corners of her eyes gently, just trying to pull herself back together. If she let even one more thread slip, she wasn't sure that she would be able to hold herself together at all in this moment.[break][break]
"You're very brave, for going through what you've gone through and moving forward... That's all you should have to focus on," Yuina shook her head, it's not like he could even help at all, and she would never expect him, or anyone, to do so? She didn't even know if Yuina was her real name, she couldn't burden anyone else with wondering who she was when she didn't have the slightest clue herself.[break][break]
"Uhm, thank you... For the food, it was very good," she tried to say after a few moments, an awful attempt at moving on, but she just wanted to forget this whole exchange even happened at all...

notes[break]
Goodbye Galar Mission! Slate Port Beach -> Harbor[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:46:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

Meeting for the first time.

"What are you trying to make things less awkward for?" He asked with a laugh. "I asked, lass. No need to apologize!"

She was an incredibly considerate lass. Even though she had listened to his problems from earlier, she seemed convinced her own, much more urgent issues were somehow unimportant.

"You are the brave one, missy." He said with a smile, shaking his head. "I might've forgotten bits and pieces of my old life, but I knew exactly who I was when I woke up."

And say what you will of his formative years, he did not doubt for even an instant that there were plenty of people who would have taken his current circumstances for themselves if given the chance.

"You woke up in knowing nothing, and yet here you are. Still fighting." He stepped, looking her up and down. "Pretty darn brave, if you ask me."

He placed both hands on his hips, brows furrowing as he thought deeply of what he should do.

"... Would you like for some help finding out who you are?"

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 1:01:06 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Trying to push all of the questions away, the wonderings, the what ifs, the swirling mass of uncertainties that surrounded what she'd just spoken out to the universe, Yuina was sure that Doug would have half a mind to move on in the conversation and put that aside, because it was a lot to just drop on someone that she'd only just met? She still couldn't even figure why she'd felt compelled to share her lack of story at all in the first place, she'd been clinging to her half truth of being new to the Hoenn Region for dear life... But it was all out in the open now.[break]
Instead though, Doug consoled her, and said that she too was brave for pushing on, in spite of not knowing anything when she woke up in this new life. She wished she felt as brave as Doug made it sound, as brave as Doug himself was for what he'd gone through as well... It was all she could do to ignore the elephant in the room every day since then and just... Try to distract herself day in and day out.[break]
"Thank you... Doug, it's very kind of you to say...," she returned softly, and she thought sure that would be the end of it... But then he asked one question that she would have never considered... Help? To find out who she was...?[break][break]
The question hung in the air, the gravity of it was stifling and she couldn't form any words behind it... She didn't even know where to start herself, how could she accept help when she couldn't even give the first inclination of who she was or where she was from? And even still... Even if that weren't the biggest obstacle...[break]
"I...," she stammered...[break]
"I... I don't... What if I'm not that person any more? What if I wasn't the person that I am now...," she couldn't help it, she couldn't help those burning questions, the very idea of either her past life or her new life being different... How was she supposed to choose which life to live? Which person to be...?[break][break]
"No... I can't ask you to do that... I'm sorry I put this on you at all," Yuina shook her head, a single tear rolling down her cheek, it was her burden, her weight to carry, she couldn't dare ask someone else to feel any kind of responsible for her internal struggle of duality.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 18:47:16 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

There was a dissonance between what they were thinking, he realized as the tears began to flow, his offer to help turned down with heart wrenching consideration.

From where he stood, it seemed as though Yuina was the type who struggled alone, thinking her problems were not worth bothering others with.

Well, he had dealt and continued to deal with plenty of such dummies to this day, so (un?)luckily for her, he was an deft hand at this.

Scuttling closer to Yuina, his shoulder bumped gently against her own. Perhaps some day, they would be close enough for a hug.

"Hey, I asked, and I offered. Nothing you need to apologize for." He said with a smile. "I think I understand what you mean, though."

She might've been a regular girl living her regular life. Or... any number of things she would rather not be. The possibilities were endless, but not necessarily good. It was a mystery that could well ruin her if solved.

"Well... You're doing well for yourself right now." He said. "I shouldn't be rushing you."

Avoiding it forever wasn't a good idea, but they had literally just met. It really wasn't any of his business how Yuina went about her life.

"How about we go have fun with the carnival and forget all this, eh? We're gonna bum ourselves out thinking about this sorta stuff."
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 18:23:06 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The tension of the situation was palpable, the distress was undeniable, Yuina had kept a tight cap on the notion that she had not the slightest clue about who she actually was up until this moment, and now that it was all out in the open, there was no changing it, no taking it back. She just wanted the questions to stop... The what ifs, the infinite number of scenarios that could be played out... In spite of it all though, Doug only moved closer, and he bumped her gently. This did get Yuina's attention, she blinked away the hazy fog from her eyes that was clouding over her in this endless sea of questions, he was so kind...[break][break]
"Thank you...," was all she could say after a moment, what else could she really say, after such a heavy outpouring of the things that weighed them both down and the things that had happened to them both?[break]
"I... I don't know what my old life looks like... But," she only sniffled just a smidge, she hadn't let the whole flood out, but she was still trembling a bit.[break]
"I'm glad to know you in my new life... And..."[break]
"One day, if my old life surfaces... I would like it, if you might be there in the future," she said quietly after a couple of moments. It was probably the vulnerable conversation that was just had, but Yuina did hope that Doug might be a friend of hers in the coming future...[break][break]
The tone changed, as Doug mentioned they should visit the carnival, and in that brief moment, Yuina felt relief. This was such a heavy conversation they had had... To go back to the carefree enjoyment of being in the carnival, that sounded wonderful...[break]
"If you have a favorite carnival treat, do you have a favorite carnival ride? Or a favorite game you could show me too," Yuina inquired then, her voice still a bit soft, but a light was coming back to her eyes, hoping for Doug's same enthusiasm as the Takoyaki. She was ready to have more wonderful fun for the evening.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 16:51:12 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

"I ain't going anywhere." He said, nudging his elbow against hers and grinning. "I'm vermin. Now that you've met me, you'll never be rid of me. Sorry in advance."

Bug boy strikes again. Hopefully Yuina wouldn't come to regret asking him that.~

The mood was shifting to a more fun, uplifting tone, and Doug wasn't about to let that stop.

"Yes, ah do." He said, pushing his accent to its extremes with a hum. "I'm a water gun tottin', bumper cars ridin' cowboy, you could say."

He was crap at both though, as and could've told her. Luckily, neither was present.

He was a second away from asking Yuina for her preferences, but given the earlier conversation... well, that could go badly.

"Want me to show ya?" He asked with a grin. "I like the water guns specially! I promise you won't get... completely soaked."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 18:41:51 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

All at once, the distress and tension were falling away, and it was all due to Doug's ease and his kind words. It was a lot, letting out the single biggest point of Yuina's life at present for the first time, and frankly she felt exhausted from the turmoil of it. But as Doug smiled, confirming that at this point, whether she wanted him to be or not, he would be around for the foreseeable future, that notion in and of itself was so comforting. She still had no idea if anyone in her past life was looking for her, if she was missed, if she had friends... But to know now in this new life, that she was making those kinds of connections...[break]
"I don't think you could give me a reason to be sorry," Yuina smiled softly, she was very glad to know Doug now.[break][break]
The tension drifting, and the warm summer evening gathering their attention again, and as it turned out Doug did have a handful of favorite activities for the carnival, and Yuina couldn't wait. He spoke about the water guns and bumper cars with such gusto, she couldn't help but laugh at what may have been an over dramatization of his usual speech.[break]
"Water guns? What do you do with them? You don't shoot them at each other, do you," Yuina laughed again, she wasn't sure, why else would he have mentioned she wouldn't get completely soaked? In any case though, she was delighted.[break]
"Lead the way," she encouraged, she couldn't wait to see what kind of prowess Doug had with this water gun game.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 14:55:03 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

Well, wasn't that exactly the right question to ask?

The smirk stretching over his lips was a bit too smug for someone without dastardly, evil intentions in mind.

"Well... You are not supposed to." He said almost too innocently.

As well knew, shouldn't and couldn't were not the same thing...

"Yes ma'am~." He hummed, taking the lead through enthusiastically.

The carnival was a good showcase of Hoenn's culture, as well as that of its many immigrants. The smell of the good food was strong in the air, and the atmosphere was awash with the sound of fun rides, children's laughter and people's mingling with one another.

was doing good work here.

"Oh, there it is!" He said, pointing at a particular stall amongst the many. The fact that rangers in full uniform were manning it certainly made it stand out.

The cute water type pokemon lining up on the stall to be shot at with little water guns made for neat eye catchers too.

"Pretty cool, huh?"

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 0:10:32 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

There was no hesitation on Yuina's part, she was back into having a wonderful, delightful evening with a new friend, and she couldn't wait to take on another recommendation made by him! The Takoyaki that he recommended was delicious, surely a game that he would rave about would be just as fun. She had no reason to question otherwise.[break]
Walking with him through the sights and sounds of the carnival, it was exactly what they needed to get rid of the weight of their prior conversation, everything was lifting away and disappearing into the laughter, the lights, the music. Soon enough, they came up to a booth that was adorned with adorable figures of water type Pokemon and other water themed decorations. It was really very cute, and the water guns were laid out at the edge of the booth. She looked it over, pondering for a moment.[break]
"Mmm, okay? It doesn't look like a water gun fight," she laughed again, looking at the booth and the prizes that hung off to the side.[break]
"Do you spray the water Pokemon? That sounds like fun, let's play," she smiled, getting ready to sit down at one of the stools in front of a water gun, it looked like a cute game, and maybe she could win one of the prizes!

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 23:00:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

Yuina made an excellent observation.

But to that Doug said:

"Take a closer look." He said, before a small jet of water hit the young woman in the cheek.

Water gun casually pointed at Yuina, the youth gave her a huge grin of the shit-eating variety— the worst kind.

"How about now?" He asked teasingly.

"Sir— At least pay before using the equipment."

"Oh."

His grin shrunk the smallest bit, taking on a more sheepish quality as he quickly turned around and placed the gun back on the counter, patting himself for his wallet.

"R-right, sorry! Just a sec!"

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 17:15:51 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Perhaps sitting down to play and putting herself in the perfect position was her own fault, but Yuina gave a short squeak and a gasp at being shot at with one of the water guns. The initial shock was over quickly, but she still glared with a smirk on her features, he really did just do that and had the most pleased with himself grin.[break]
"Oh, you're not all nice and sweet are you," Yuina couldn't help the smile on her face though as she shook her head, leaning down and lifting the bottom of her shirt to wipe at her cheek. Before much more could be said, the attendant did interject, asking for purchase before playing with the water guns... Fair enough. Yuina reached into her small satchel, she had a handful of tokens from the various trips she had taken to the carnival like with meeting Josh at his attraction and she held some out to the attendant as Doug stammered for a moment.[break][break]
"You're on now. If I win I get a free water gun shot," she smirked back, pleased with herself for the playful position she'd managed to gain.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 2:14:59 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

He fluttered his eyelashes at Yuina.

"I'm Sugary sweet, what'cha mean?" He asked innocently, missing the flat look the ranger behind the counter gave him entirely as the man accepted Yuina's tokens.

"A free shot?" He asked.

Spray.

And sprayed Yuina in the cheek again.

"Like that?" She would need to learn fast if she was to try and fight fire with fire against a seasoned gremlin like Doug.

"Sure! You're on~!"
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 0:46:26 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Again! Yuina was incredulous, he got her again even when she was looking right at him! She gaped for only a moment, the shock of getting got twice in a row just like that coming over her, but that grin that he had on his face, it was still infectious. She couldn't help but smile back.[break]
"Alright, I get a free shot and another snack then," Yuina upped the stakes, it was time to play! The bell dinged as they took their seats and readied their water guns, but... Yuina hadn't actually yet asked about the rules and how to get points! She fumbled for a moment before she sprayed down one of the water Pokemon, and when it toppled over she understood. She did her best, firing her water gun in quick spurts, but some of the little figures sure were tougher to knock over than others![break][break]
Before too much longer, the bell dinged again and the music and the game powered down, their scores were set!

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 4:18:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

"You're adorably naive, you know?" He said dryly(in more ways than one), trigger finger itching. He could have taken another freebie... but he had bullied her enough for one evening.

So he pointed the gun away from her instead, letting an eye slip closed as he grinned.

"Fine by me. If you win, I'll pay for your dinner too." He said confidently.

Come now, he was a soldier. He couldn't possibly lose at a shooting game, water guns or not! Just had to... ignore what happened with ; he had been having an off day, clearly.

There was no way he would regret this.

"But when I win—" He said, before winking her way. "You'll have to hang out with me again some other time. Those terms fine?"
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 7:47:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)