twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 21:49:00 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June was beat. Between Matchstick, the Talonflame that deemed it necessary to 'not fly all the time' and the stupid god-damn Manectric (nicknamed ATV for comedic relief purposes), she had to cover a lot of ground the hard way. Even someone like herself could only go for so long before she got worn out. A lesson her pokemon seemed eager to not let her forget.

Why else would she come to some place like this? A bar, after the sun had sunk behind the horizon, in a place she didn't visit for fun? Sootopolis certainly sat near the bottom of her list for recreational cities. Not for views, though. Not even she could deny the nice view of all the stars, especially how they reflected off the midnight water.

Focus! She was here to let loose a little. No alcohol, but there had to be a place that could give her a brief respite while she waited for the next order to come in. Options seemed numerous too. Practically had a 'tourist magnet' buried beneath the city, with the surprising amount of activity. 

Might have to take a chance. This place right here seemed good enough. At least, June didn't immediately get the vibe that some weirdo would try to talk her up. She scoffed. As if that ever stopped them.

So, she pushed through the doors, located the main bar, and found an open seat at the corner. While she waited for the bartender to swing on over, a nice looking woman with... platinum or white hair? June took her eyes off of her and instead took in her surroundings. Got a vibe for the place.

And where was the damn menu? The deliver-girl rubbed her face. Arceus, today sucked.

close tab

played by

red

scarlet dove
she/her
January 21
Laverre City
bisexual
assassin
grunt
now everything
is down in flames
5'10" height
5'10" height
from the very beginning you have utterly failed to take action.
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camellia
Camellia Lemaitre
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 21:30:24 GMT
Camellia Lemaitre Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","clt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Someone looks like their day was rough. Should I make a strong drink?"[break][break]

The woman with the light hair, with dark strands intermingled, approached. Camellia offered a toothy smile, a stainless steel shaker in one hand as she shook the contents inside with practiced ease. It was cold, ice clanging inside the container, but it wasn't anything she wasn't used to by now.[break][break]

She raised a brow, straining the drink into a specialty glass before slipping it to the customer who'd ordered the drink. Not leaving 's area, she cleaned her station, all while flipping through and grabbing something akin to a menu.[break][break]

It had a list of foods they offered at the Burning Maw, as well as a few suggestion drinks if customers had trouble picking something for themselves.[break][break]

"I'm all ears if you wanna spill, darling. And let me know if you want something specific. I have pretty much everything back here," Camellia offered, drying a glass as she leaned back on the opposite counter top.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.clt2] --accent: #e0667a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:26:14 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
"Oh, it absolutely was. No thanks on the alcohol though. On call for deliveries," June explained. Not that it was a lie, but it made the conversation a lot easier than 'I don't drink, so even a normal cocktail will get me too tipsy to fly or drive'. Almost as tiring as her day.

She snatched up the menu and immediately flipped to the back side. 'Burning Maw', huh? Sounded funny, but something must be working with the decent amount of people within the bar. But the non-alcoholic options left something to be desired. Water, whatever pops were on tap, and a couple 'mocktails' she'd never even heard of. Maybe this hadn't been such a good idea.

"
Uh... surprise me, I guess. Something non-alcoholic," She said. A large, mental shrug. "And fruity? I guess? Refreshing? Sorry, don't do this often."

Arceus above, this was already a mess. Her heart raced, and her face flushed up. She didn't need to mention that this wasn't a normal experience for her, it was as clear as... the water outside. Fuck.

"
Ugh," June sank into the counter top. "Today sucked. Stupid pokemon made me run a marathon with deliveries. And two of the boxes were fucking full of rocks again! Seriously, why keep doing it? You get anything like that in this place? Fake orders?"

Hey, Camellia offered for her to 'spill'. Besides, those twerps already knew how to trick her. Another person in the game meant little.

close tab

played by

red

scarlet dove
she/her
January 21
Laverre City
bisexual
assassin
grunt
now everything
is down in flames
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camellia
Camellia Lemaitre
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 21:48:00 GMT
Camellia Lemaitre Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","clt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Nonalcoholic was a rarity in the bar. The last time Camellia recalled serving a virgin cocktail or a mocktail was when had opened the establishment to the people of Hoenn to survive the heat wave. Even little kids were running up to her at the bar asking for juice.[break][break]

Still, it wasn't Camellia's place to judge. She nodded. "I have an idea for something you might like, if you want fruity. Give me a few minutes."[break][break]

She didn't stray far, grabbing several juices: lemon, orange, and pineapple juices. Grenadine for sweetness and added color, and... there it was. The ginger ale. With her clean cocktail shaker, she combined her ingredients with some ice before pouring it into a glass.[break][break]

"Cherry or no?" Once she received the answer, the drink was placed in front of her. "If it needs more sweetening, let me know. I can add more grenadine."[break][break]

Camellia listened to the poor girl's woes, getting back to cleaning her equipment. "It sounds like it's been quite the rough day, as well as strenuous. But I don't think we typically get fake orders here. I believe most of the individuals we buy our stock from are good sources."[break][break]

Her attention drew back to the girl. She seemed pretty innocent. "Then, why do you do it? For money? For your happiness?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.clt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 22:36:39 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June eyed the bottles and juices Camellia poured into the shaker. Juice was great, but this felt... overkill? I guess she did say to surprise her with something fruity. Didn't get more fruity unless the bartender squeezed freshly picked produce directly into a glass. 

"I'll take the cherry," She said. As requested, a drink was placed in front of her with a big cherry on the top. June took a tenative sip of the drink and let it sit on her tongue for a few seconds. Yep, that was fruity alright. And sweet. Arceus, it was sweet. How much grenadine did she put in there? Or could she just not handle sweet as much as she thought she could.

Regardless, she put it off to the side. A drink to be 'savored', for better or worse. 

"
Not from your suppliers, from the people that come here! Like they order stupid shit that's impossible or a bitch to make. And, like you, I do it because I need money. Simple as."

She could just toil away in someone else's garage, doing what she wanted to do until she died or made enough money to buy her dad's old place, but having a boss was nonnegotiable. Besides, deliveries kept her active and, most importantly, away from home. Away from the reality of the situation. There were... worse coping mechanisms. 

June knocked on the bar countertop, "
Oh, well, mostly simple as. Sometimes it gets... complicated. Or weird. Don't know if you'd know anything about that, though. Can't imagine things get bent out of shape here. Well, THAT bent out of shape."

The delivery girl seemed to perk up from her previous stupor, but now talked at a million kilometers an hour. Just where did this energy come from?

close tab

played by

red

scarlet dove
she/her
January 21
Laverre City
bisexual
assassin
grunt
now everything
is down in flames
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camellia
Camellia Lemaitre
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 19:40:42 GMT
Camellia Lemaitre Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","clt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

With a cherry on top, Camellia observed the girl take a sip of the drink. Though, as she set it aside, her intuition told her that perhaps it wasn't to her fancy. She glanced to the side, grabbing a bit of lemon juice to neutralize the sweetness in the drink. Her aim was to please, as a bartender.[break][break]

"Of course I get that here. But it's apart of the job. You bite your tongue, grin, and bear it."[break][break]

Camellia couldn't help the smirk that crawled onto her lips, laughing as she shrugged her shoulders. "Well, you'd be surprised in a place like this. Drunken fights and difficult customers are always something I have to handle."[break][break]

If only this girl knew what she did outside of Rustboro City. How much blood was on her hands, how much she had spilt? She was so innocent and naïve. It was cute.[break][break]

"But are you happy?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 20:32:17 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Happy?

Not the question June expected, nor had an immediate answer for. She sipped on her vastly improved drink and tried to consider the question in its entirety. Did the deliveries, in all their frustrations and occasional awkwardness-slash-dangerousness, also brighten her day?

"It's... not unfun? It has its low points, but there are plenty of good parts to it too. Since I run my own thing, I basically make my own hours. Have no bosses to suck up to. Get to be outside basically all the time," She said. "Oh, and the lemon? Great idea. Appreciate it."

Pointedly left out the part of 'illegal deliveries that could ruin her life if she got caught' and 'her hours were every single waking moment of her existence'. 
Besides, jobs weren't necessarily required to be fun. Just needed to be engaging and not awful. For June, rather. Other people had other priorities. Speaking of...

"
What about you, then? Get a kick out of the 'drunken fights' and 'difficult customers'? Got any side hustles? How well do they pay? Hiring?" She rambled. Yea, all the stuff she said earlier was true, but she wouldn't rule out other possibilities if the price was right!

Or didn't involve murder.

close tab

played by

red

scarlet dove
she/her
January 21
Laverre City
bisexual
assassin
grunt
now everything
is down in flames
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camellia
Camellia Lemaitre
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 14:22:18 GMT
Camellia Lemaitre Avatar
[attr="class","cam"]"To me, it doesn't sound too bad, aside from the constant need of pay. Which, really, it's what happens in the real world, hmm?"

It was a harsh reality that she learned perhaps way too young.

Camellia offered a genuine, kind smile, though it was small and closed lipped. It wasn't often she shared one of those with people, even those who frequented the bar. "Work is stressful. But I think you have it in you to make it big one day."

Though June's next question made her laugh, shaking her head. "I work a few odd jobs here and there. But my pay is mostly from the bar. Sorry, I'm not that exciting," she replied.

Of course, this innocent girl couldn't know about assassination and blood shed that was a regular for someone such as Camellia. She'd let her rest easy knowing she was a simple bartender.

"Though, perhaps I can hook you up with a gig or two should the need arise. I can't promise it pays much."

[attr="class","camtag"]
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.cam]width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.cam b] color: #e37373; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.cam i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.cam u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.camtag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.camtag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 21:32:36 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Oh. Then never mind,” June sipped on her drink and tossed the prospect from her mind. No point if there wasn’t any promised big payout. Sounded more like charity work– and good deeds did not pay the bills or debts. If they did, then she would’ve become a nun or something by now. Swear herself to a noble deity, run a soup kitchen, teach the blind kids how to read.

But they didn’t, so she didn’t.

But I ain’t making it big,” June circled back around. “Just want to do my own thing and be left alone, y’know? Don’t need that many eyes.

The prospect of her own shop, surrounded by oil and cars and seven big red toolboxes filled to the brim with as many sockets as hairs on her head. That sounded nice.

She left it at that mentally with a shake of her head. Any further, and she might break down at the bar top. Nobody wanted that, least of all herself. “Not made for it, anyway. You throw me behind the bar, and I’ll clock someone’s lights out within an hour.

close tab

played by

red

scarlet dove
she/her
January 21
Laverre City
bisexual
assassin
grunt
now everything
is down in flames
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camellia
Camellia Lemaitre
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 23:05:56 GMT
Camellia Lemaitre Avatar
[attr="class","cam"]"Trust me, I understand."

Since coming to Hoenn, there were eyes on her. Rocket eyes. 's eyes. If she could pluck his eyes from his head and feed them to the dogs, she would. She was tired of being watched and monitored at all times.

She was tired of being made to be one of Rocket's puppets.

"But it takes time. And, like I said, I believe you can do it. Just be patient." Camellia looked down at the food and drink she provided for June, before saying, "Don't worry about paying. It's on the house."

A laugh escaped her lips. "Noted. Then I won't ask you to come work here. However, I do want you to come back when you've made it big one day and tell me about it. Yeah?" Her head tilted.

[attr="class","camtag"]
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.cam]width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.cam b] color: #e37373; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.cam i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.cam u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.camtag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.camtag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-six
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
284 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Suspicious Speakeasy [C]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 0:39:07 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Well, who was she to look a Mudsdale in the mouth? Best to take the free shit and hope it wasn’t a setup for a future text saying ‘you owe me’ in the middle of the night. The bartender could write off this business expense rather easily; June couldn’t afford to. But, hey, what was the worst she could do?

Ask her to help bury a body in the woods? Please.

Psh, you’re gonna be waiting a while then,” she said. She took an angry first bite of the food and scowled. “A long, long while.

Well, she wasn’t going to be a sobbing, desperate mess at the bar: she’d be pissed-off instead. “But I’ll see what I can do. Don’t be surprised if your hair is more gray than white before you see me again, though.

She had enough debt to make the average university student feel rich. It drowned her beneath a weight heavier than a herd of Wailord. And until that was paid off, her prospects were limited to… exactly her current job and whatever pond scum she could scrounge up. Patience was a luxury.

It is what it is.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights