Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
[FUNTASIA] Family Funtasia
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 18:28:31 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dragomirpt"]

There had been a lot going on as of late, so Josh had been looking forward to the advent of Funtasia. Why? Mostly so that his kids could have some fun with their parents for once, after how busy they had been with universe-threatening events. Now this festival was finally here, and he was intent on making the most of it.
[break][break]
With them coming to Lavaridge, this was the best time for them to take the kids for their first trip there. Josh had just finished buying a set of carnival treats for Izumi and the kids as he handed them to his family.
[break][break]
"Alright, now that bellies should be sated for now, where we off to first?"
[break][break]

[newclass=.dragomirpt] width: 300px; margin-left: 100px; text-align:justify;font-size:12px[/newclass]
[newclass=.dragomirpt b] color: #426ea9; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

Prompt: Offer a carnival treat to someone else

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
always look ahead, but never forget what you left behind.
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 22:12:47 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
Taking the treat that he’d oh so graciously bought for them all, she screwed her face up in concentration.

“Hm, indeed,” she mused, nibbling a little bit of the popcorn she was holding.

“So I was thinking, since we practically live here and all, why don’t we go on all the water rides first, and then dry off by going on the other rides afterward? Just my suggestion, though. dunno if the kids feel the same way,” she cackled once she was done with her mouthful of salty popped kernels.

+
+ prompt: eat a carnival treat

[newclass=".zuzu b"] color:#6a9c69;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".zuzu i"] color:#6a9c69;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".zuzu a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 14:30:20 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]

Munching on his own treat while the kids gorged themselves, he listened as Izumi considered what to do first. Doing the water rides first? "Well, I suppose it is pretty hot in Lavaridge. Cooling off would be nice" he admitted at that, looking to the kids as he began digging through the bags to ensure that their water-wear had been packed. He had tried like a madman to ensure he'd packed everything, double and triple checked before they'd left. But there almost always seemed to be something missing. This time however, what they sought was indeed here.
[break][break]
"Aye, I'd be good with that. If you know where they are, care to lead the way?"
[break][break]

[newclass=.dragomirpt] width: 300px; margin-left: 100px; text-align:justify;font-size:12px[/newclass]

PROMPT: Eat a carnival treato

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 6:31:16 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
She still had a handful of popcorn kernels, after all.

“Hey, J?” she teased the other while she made sure the kids weren’t looking.

“Open up!” and she began shooting some popcorn kernels his way, whether he liked it or not!

Once she was done disposing feeding him, she had to resist the urge to roll her eyes.

“Love, we practically live here and the carnival’s just over there, we can just run home to grab sh—stuff we forgot,” she hastily amended because there were kids watching!

“Help them get changed, I’ll grab the tickets for the rides okay?”

+
+ prompt: offer a carnival treat to someone else

[newclass=".zuzu a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 14:29:50 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]

"Hm?"
[break][break]
Josh hardly had time to react before his wife had opened fire on him with popcorn kernels. Something that made the kids begin to giggle before bursting into hysterics laughing as Josh at first tried to shield himself, then promptly adjusted and started trying to catch the popcorn kernels with his mouth. Which was... Somewhat successful? Somewhat.
[break][break]
"If we see popcorn kernels on the floor at home, we'll know why" he commented dryly, before shooting Izumi a look when she almost swore in front of children. This tug of war between the urge to swear and common sense was still a problem to this day, apparently. "Yeah, yeah, I got it" he remarked as he began to get to work on getting them changed.
[break][break]
Once Izumi had the tickets, they would be up and rolling.
[break][break]

Prompt: Reference tug of war

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 15:03:26 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
“Oh, come on,” she ended with a pointed eye roll (which sent the kids into howling laughter at this point) as she made quick work of the last of the kernels.

“Hurry up, the line’s getting long!” she shouted back once she’d fallen in line and purchased four tickets for the biggest water ride there was (hilariously there were several, considering how hot Lavaridge was) and once she’d secured the tickets he’d made his return with the kids all dressed… down, for better wording.

(This was a water ride after all.)

“So who’s riding with who? I know these things can only take 2 people,” she gestured. It wasn’t the wild river-style ride they were getting on, but the log ride with the fairly tall drop.

Time to see which of the kids were going to chicken out…

+
+ prompt: ride at least one carnival ride

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 14:11:33 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]

"HuRry UP, tHE LIne'S geTtinG lOnG" the spiky-haired dad snarked back, to the childrens' continued giggling as he shooed them into the changing rooms. Swim clothes were handed over, regular clothes were handed back and bagged, and they would soon be in line. Though even Josh frowned when he realized that Izumi had decided to start with the big drop one.
[break][break]
"Honey, I know you're eager, but wouldn't it make sense to start them small?" Josh inquired, at the exact moment that the kids saw what they were getting on and they stopped. Zack seemed ok with it, stepping forward, but Lyra was frozen in fear as she watched the ride. Taking a deep breath, Josh then picked up Lyra.
[break][break]
"I guess that decides whose going with me" Josh remarked, whispering to Lyra to try and reassure her. It made sense she would be scared, that did look pretty intimidating.
[break][break]

Prompt: Cheer up a child

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 17:18:19 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
She could only give him this stare when he egged the kids on into giggles… like, really? Come on…

Thankfully she was already dressed down and ready to go on the water ride, so when she turned to Zack, she asked him if he wanted to be carried going in and heading out.

…to be fair even he looked just a mite scared, so there was that.

“I’m pretty sure your dad is going to do something with Lyra, I can tell,” she mused as they got into the log ahead of the other two.

“Are you brave enough to face your fears head-on?” she followed up a few moments later, before Zack turned back and maybe shook his head just a little bit.

“Sometimes, you know, the best way to deal with something that terrifies you is to go straight into the thick of it… like I did,” she continued quietly as they began to ‘sail down the river’ in the log, headed for the first drop.

“Unlike you, I didn’t have a dad growing up, so there’s that, too.”

Look, she was trying her best to help her son get through this, okay?!

+
+ prompt: cheer up a distressed kid

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 16:55:12 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]

Well, Izumi wasn't listening. Go figure. So looks like they were getting on. Lyra was still more visibly terrified, and he could tell that Zack was putting on a brave face too. But hopefully they would be a bit less scared if he stayed by Lyra's side the whole way through.
[break][break]
Of course, the child clung to him with a complete and utter death grip that would make her mother's death grip look like nothing in comparison. But she was able to eventually watch the ride unfold before them without covering her eyes.
[break][break]
"Alright, Ly. The first drop is coming. Are you ready?" he inquired, to which the scared child nodded with a slight whimper. "Just hold onto me. Don't be scared. Keep hold of me and I won't let you go. Okay?" he made sure they knew, which got another nod and "mhm" in kind.
[break][break]
Honestly Josh was a little anxious about the drop too, so he held on just as tight.
[break][break]

Prompt: Ride a carnival ride

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:19:18 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
They were over and done with the shorter drop first (which wasn’t much of a splash) however the second drop loomed up ahead—while it wasn’t terrifying, the way that it angled looked absolutely terrifying.

(From the ground at least.)

“Hold onto me, okay?” she would reassure Zack, who was practically clinging onto her like a leech now once they made the climb.

“It’ll be over in like, a few seconds,” she continued once they sailed around the small corner before getting ready for the taller drop—s

“Close your eyes if you have to!” she added as they went over the bigger drop—and the resounding splash literally drenched them both as they made their way down less than a few seconds later.

“How are you?” she continued once they were back at the platform, helping him get out—both of them drenched from head to toe.

“…now we can go on the lazy river ride, that one’s even wetter than the last one… but I’m sure your sister wants to go on another ride for now, let’s wait for them to get back here.”

+
+ prompt: n/a

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:40:05 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]

Truth was, by the time they got past the first drop, both father and daughter were holding on for dear life. For Josh, he had no control over this ride. Unlike a Pokemon, it could go wherever it wanted, fall off where it wanted, and endanger his daughter where it wanted. And that? Was terrifying. And honestly, if he didn’t decide on it himself, he didn’t like drops.
[break][break]
While he didn’t say it to Lyra, he held onto her just as tightly as she held onto him.
[break][break]
When they got off the ride, the both of them were a bit shaky. Lyra was a bit less afraid than she was, but didn’t seem eager to go back on as they met back up with Izumi and Zack.
[break][break]
“How uh . How about something nice? Like the uhhh… Ring Toss maybe?”
[break][break]

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 15:32:57 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
She couldn’t believe it.

Out of the four of them, she was the one who was the least afraid of the water rides—although Zack immediately ran over and gave his twin sister a hug.

“Okay, let’s make it a bigger game—whoever gets the biggest prize of the day, can ask for one reasonable wish,” she added on, wondering if he’d catch on—an attempt to cheer them both up as she led the way towards the game booths and stopped in front of the Dugtrio Ring Toss one.

“Who’ll go first?” she offered as she bought enough rings for all four of them to try their hand at the accuracy game.

+
+ prompt: reference a Dugtrio Ring Toss game

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 16:10:07 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]

Oh thank Arceus they weren't going on that again. Josh was pretty sure that he was going to be sick. He put Lyra down and the twins started hugging, and it was pretty clear that while Lyra wasn't as scared... It was going to need some work before they could take her up on that thing again. Maybe she was a little too young for that? Zack was too, but he seemed to be ok. seemed to be, anyway.
[break][break]
Izumi suggested pitting the children against each other in ring toss, the winner getting one reasonable wish. Josh frowned at that. "I've got a better idea" he then brought up, once he got his breath back. "If the kids can score enough points combined between them to beat either myself or their mother, we'll grant a reasonable wish for them both."
[break][break]
Something more positive. Encouraging cooperation and not leaving one of the kids out in the cold if they lost. That would help better cheer them up. That idea seemed to light up both kids, who looked to each other, and then shot towards the Ring Toss.
[break][break]
"Me please!" called out Lyra, suddenly cured of her fears.
[break][break]

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 17:18:42 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
“You think they can win?” she muttered quietly in her husband’s direction, watching as the twins immediately went straight for the accuracy game…

To be honest her best ‘attribute’ as it was happened to be strength, considering she could smash a boulder if she wanted to with a single punch!

“Let’s give them a fighting chance for it, then!” she added once the two were done with their ring toss.

Now, her hand-eye coordination was there, but against moving targets? That was a bit much. Considering all things.

(She was wondering about the Magikarp Fishing booth, though, how bad would their luck be over there?)

+
+ prompt: reference a Magikarp Fishing game

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 18:54:17 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]

"Yes," Josh answered bluntly with a small smile. He clearly had a plan, but he didn't want to say it just yet. She would just have to figure it out on her own. As the kids finished their ring toss, having done all they can knowing what was on the line, Josh watched Izumi take hers. Once she did, he noted she was looking towards the Magikarp Fishing, so he filed that away for later, before moving to his own ring toss...
[break][break]
His own training in several departments made ring toss a feat for him. At first, he was getting them all in, over and over again. But just when it looked like the adults would win... Suddenly he began to miss.
[break][break]
"Shoot," he muttered aloud as he missed another, then another. But still got one in here and there. The score would be close, and the kids watched closely in anticipation, on the edge of their toes... As he missed the final throw, putting the adults just below the kids' score.
[break][break]
"Well darn. Guess the kids win. Good job, guys."
[break][break]

Lost The Game