thirty-six
October 7
Rustboro City
heterosexual
DMV Worker
cadet
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maoja
maoja chevrolet
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 18:12:04 GMT
maoja chevrolet Avatar
"This... still isn't what I need."

Maoja groaned, "Oh my goodness! Super sorry about that! What can I say, time for new glasses!"

She blindly reaches back for the form and takes it back. What did she even give the guy? She held it up to her face, pulled her shades-slash-glasses back down, and squinted really hard. Even with all of this, it took a moment for the letters to properly make sense.

"Ah, license to operate construction machinery. Again! Unless, of course, you want to become forklift certi--"

"No. Just. Please, all I need is the registration for my car. You looked it up and printed some stuff out. It's on the top of the paper. I'm literally looking at it."

"Oh, the top one," Maoja approached the big white blob in the corner of her area and grabbed the top piece of paper, "That's where I went wrong. I printed out like, five different things 'cause I figured 'printing one, might as well print out everything I need for a while', but I forgot which one I printed first."

"Anyway, here you--" As soon as she slid the document to the person, the sounds of furious grabbing and the stomp stomp stomp of their footsteps said it all. Was it something she said? Wait, she didn't even do the most important thing!

"Have a good day," She called out to the figure. Another person helped! Man, she'd get employee of the month in no time! "Next, please! Got a lot of people to get through, and we close at four-thirty sharp!"

close tab

played by

space

aaron
he/him
november 17
lilycove
heterosexual
stay at home son
civilian
6'3 height
6'3 height
awards
485 posts
aaron faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aaron
aaron faust
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 23:11:33 GMT
aaron faust Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
aaron hates this shit, but his continued career as a stay-at-home son slash gym circuit shitlord requires an up-to-date trainer's license. he spends most of his time in line staring at his phone and eavesdropping on the frustrated people ahead of him. his pikachu sits on top of his backpack, bearing his paperwork folder in both her little rat paws.
[break][break]
after some back-and-forth between the dmv employee and the person in front of him, aaron is at the front of the line.
[break][break]
"yo."
[break][break]
he reaches over his shoulder and plucks the folder from his pokemon.
[break][break]
"i'm here to renew my trainer's license. this should be everything."
[break][break]
he places the folder down. the aura of misery emanating from this building makes him feel a little irritated already, somehow.
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + [break]

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

rysa

she/her
thirty-six
October 7
Rustboro City
heterosexual
DMV Worker
cadet
2 height
2 height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maoja
maoja chevrolet
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 4:57:41 GMT
maoja chevrolet Avatar
"Hello there!"

Even though Aaron sets the folder down and slides it to Maoja, she has no idea until she reached over and grabs his fore arm. Ah shucks, he slid the documents forward, didn't he?!

"
Whoops, sorry about that! Clumsy me," she loosens her grip on his arm, but doesn't break skin contact. Instead, she follows the appendage up to his hands and down onto the folder. Trainer license, eh? 

Damn it, I hate renewing trainer licenses! Maybe if I pretend I don't know what those are, this guy will go to one of the other people, She thought to herself. However, she also knew that this was what she was supposed to do! Her entire purpose in life! Her job!

So for now, she grabbed the folder and popped it open. It was nothing more than a vague blob in her eyes, filled to the brim with supposed legal documents. For all she knew, it could've been The Hungry Hungry Caterpie photo copied into a manila folder. It'd be a lot more interesting. 

As Maoja attempted to find the relevant form on her computer, she looked right towards Aaron. "
So, you're a trainer then! That sounds super fun! What kind of training do you do then?"

Meanwhile, on her end, the situation was dire. The cursor moved all over the web page, clicking on every square inch of blank space. Even worse, the prompt for 'Trainer License Renewal' stared at her like a sore spot. Even as she slowly inched closer to the prompt, the clocked ticked in the background. A moment became a minute rather fast...

close tab

played by

space

aaron
he/him
november 17
lilycove
heterosexual
stay at home son
civilian
6'3 height
6'3 height
awards
485 posts
aaron faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aaron
aaron faust
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 7:25:21 GMT
aaron faust Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
the pressure on his forearm makes aaron look down at the fingers holding him in place. he slowly lifts his chin to look the dmv employee in the face, one eyebrow raised to suggest his unsaid "what the fuck?" [break][break]
"riiight."
[break][break]he doesn't remember getting felt up as part of the trainer license renewal routine. her grip loosens, fingers creeping down the length of his arm until they reach his wrist — at which point he snatches his hand away with poorly-concealed disgust.
[break][break]
why's this chick so damn touchy? he wonders, swallowing the words as they rise in his throat. she's the arbiter of his continued career as a trainer, so he can't afford to get heated.
her next question throws him off.
[break][break]
"uh." he blinks, dumbfounded. "pokemon ... ? pokemon training? what other kind of training needs a license?"[break][break]
a moment becomes a minute that stretches into a fucking lifetime. aaron peers over the desk, stealing glances at 's hand as she moves the mouse and not much else. [break][break]
"so is my paperwork all good or what?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + pog[break]

@

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

rysa

she/her
thirty-six
October 7
Rustboro City
heterosexual
DMV Worker
cadet
2 height
2 height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maoja
maoja chevrolet
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 21:05:36 GMT
maoja chevrolet Avatar
Each and everyone one of Aaron's hints of unconformability and general displeasure go completely unnoticed to Maoja as she gets closer and closer to the relevant link. Gotta be around here somewhere, think! Ok, bring mouse all the way to the bottom right. Go up for a second, then to the right--

The screen shifts. It shifted, right? She shoves her face into the monitor for confirmation. Yep, on the trainer license renewal page! She quickly shifts to the keyboard with one hand and pulls the folder closer to her face. As with the computer, she buries her face into the documents and squnits.

"Well, you'd be surprised! Need a license for any heavy machinery, to teach classes about said machinery, pokemon training... ok, that might be it. Just making small talk, you know?"

She hopes the person heard her, even with her voice muffled by the documents she tries to read. A flick of her head brings her sunglasses down in front of her eyes. Alright, now this show was on the road! Fingers crept across the keyboard, anchored by the nudges on the F and J key. Slowly but surely, his information got filled in without any major problems.

Ah, that's what you look like, She examines the close up of the nearly expired license. This guy didn't look too bad. If this wasn't a work situation (and against her contract as an employee) then Maoja would've started flirting with him.

Instead, she reigned herself in. "Alright Mr. Aaron, your stuff looks to be in order. I think. Only gotten through these first couple, but I'll be finished double-checking and putting it all in here in a minute or two. After that, I'll get your photo, get you a paper copy, and get you on your way!"

With her face either hugging the papers or the computer, his information got filed in. "So, have a good day so far? Got any plans for tonight?

She could ask about peoples days and their plans. And if she happened to 'run' into them, then that'd be a funky little coincidence!

close tab

played by

space

aaron
he/him
november 17
lilycove
heterosexual
stay at home son
civilian
6'3 height
6'3 height
awards
485 posts
aaron faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aaron
aaron faust
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 1:22:39 GMT
aaron faust Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
aaron's eyes gradually narrow, irritation clouding the edges of his thoughts, as goes through his renewal at a glacial pace. in a different circumstance, he would've laughed at how close she has to get to the screen, but all he can think about right now is vaulting over her desk and doing her job for her. [break][break]
his fingers flex into his palms at his sides as she moves towards the file next. head low, voice muffled against paper — he only manages to hear pieces of what she says and has to make up the gaps where she mumbles.
[break][break]
"do i look like someone who has a heavy machinery license?"
[break][break]he regrets asking as soon as it rolls off his tongue. he folds his arms against his chest, supervising as she alternates between typing and leaning in as close as possible to read the screen. once he notices it, it's hard for him to un-notice. [break][break]

"uh, yeah, i guess," he answers the small talk dismissively, like a teenage son avoiding an afterschool conversation with his mother. "i'll probably, uh, stay home and play games tonight, to be honest."
[break][break]a silence lapses. his jaw tenses like he's trying not to say whatever is brewing in his mind. [break][break]

"are you blind or something?" the impulsive thought wins.
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

rysa

she/her
thirty-six
October 7
Rustboro City
heterosexual
DMV Worker
cadet
2 height
2 height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maoja
maoja chevrolet
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 4:30:05 GMT
maoja chevrolet Avatar
Maoja flinched. That chipper, go-getter attitude cracked, if only for a split second. The one that showed up on the inside whenever 'this' situation popped up. 'No shit Sherlock,' it seemed to say through a tired face. A weariness of the soul.

But just as it appears, it gets replaced by the previous, chipper attitude. A shy smile breaks out on her face as she sets the folder. "Legally, yea! Real big accident few years back, not much else to say."

Just move past it, Maoja. He didn't know any better. You're almost done with his information, so you can get his picture, a paper copy, and get him on his way.

After another grueling minute or two of information input, she slammed her finger down on the enter key. Wait, no, that was the shift one. She pressed the enter key, "Alright, that should do it! Now, there's a camera right on the side here," she smacked the side of the never-moving object, "that'll take your picture in a flash! You've gotten a trainer license before, and the process is still the same as always! Just gotta be in front of it when I hit the button."

At least there was a sign that told Aaron what to do exactly. Stare at the camera, don't blink. Simple stuff. Maoja dropped a poke ball off her belt as she finished up the computer side of it. After a flash of white light, an Alakazam emerged. It looked tired. Bored. Un-eager.

"
Frank, you want to make sure Aaron here gets a good photo? Don't want him to look silly on his license," she explained to the Pokémon. 'Frank' sighed deeply, but stepped to the side. He looked at Aaron, then the camera, then stuck out its hand. Each second marked another finger that sunk into its palm and signature spoons. Three, two, one...

FLASH!

close tab

played by

space

aaron
he/him
november 17
lilycove
heterosexual
stay at home son
civilian
6'3 height
6'3 height
awards
485 posts
aaron faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aaron
aaron faust
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 1:02:52 GMT
aaron faust Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"oh."
[break][break]
keyboard clicks fill the silence.
[break][break]
"i feel like you'd have a lot to say, actually. since it was a big ass accident and not, like, a small ass one."
[break][break]
it feels like he's spent more time here than in galar, but the typing finally relents and hits her hand against the camera as she explains the next steps. [break][break]finally, he thinks, sidling in front of the white backdrop and shooing his pikachu off his shoulder. she jumps off him and onto the desk, watching with a curious twitch of her nose as 's alakazam appears.
[break][break]
aaron stares at the camera with a cool guy's disinterested look on his face. even with the psychic-type counting down in his peripheral, the flash still blinds him.
[break][break]"did i blink?"[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

rysa

she/her
thirty-six
October 7
Rustboro City
heterosexual
DMV Worker
cadet
2 height
2 height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maoja
maoja chevrolet
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 3:01:09 GMT
maoja chevrolet Avatar
For the both of them, Maoja ignored his other comment. Almost done with this guy. Just needed a good picture, the ability to find the print function, and shove the temporary copy of the trainer license in his stupid mitts--

Happy thoughts, Maoja. Happy thoughts! Imagine you're at home, glass of wine in your hands and the warm sun on your face... The clerk filled her mind with calm, relaxed scenery. As the camera flashed and Frank examined the photo, it tapped on her arm. A signal. 'Picture is good enough, print it out'. 

"
Frank here says it's good, and I trust his judgement," she beamed at Aaron. "So as soon as we get that printed out, you should be all set!"

Now, where the heck was that print? Should be... top right, go over a second, then down a second, right? 

Nope. Hmm, over two seconds? Not that either. Jimmeny crickets. "
Frank, can I get a little help here, since you're already out anyway? Want to hit the print button for me?"

Frank grunted. A faint pink aura surrounded the mouse, which moved to the correct spot and clicked. Almost immediately, the printer roared to life and began it's loud, awful process. Slowly, a thick piece of paper was given ink and shape. Almost there...

The form slid out of the machine's grasp, down onto the tray. The Alakzam then hovered it right to Aaron, on top of his folder of legal documents. Returned, the grueling process complete. "
Form should say it, but you'll get the laminated one in the mail in a couple weeks. Got any further questions, Betty down the hall can help you out."

Unfortunately for Aaron, the Pokémon might not have mentioned his less than perfect openness of his eyes to Maoja...

close tab

played by

space

aaron
he/him
november 17
lilycove
heterosexual
stay at home son
civilian
6'3 height
6'3 height
awards
485 posts
aaron faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aaron
aaron faust
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 0:16:41 GMT
aaron faust Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"thank god."
[break][break]
he mumbles his relief. his pikachu wiggles her butt and leaps at him, catching her claws on the front of hsi shirt and scrabbling back into her spot on his shoulder. frank, the real, visually-able, technologically-fluent dmv employee, ends up being the one to finish up this process for him. [break][break]
his documents folder floats into awaiting hands. on top of it is his temporary license. his eyes are immediately drawn to the picture.
[break][break]
"what the fuck?"
[break][break]
the camera had caught him mid-blink. his eyes are half-lidded like he smoked a whole bowl of chikorita leaves and he looks stupid as hell. he glances up at and frank, remembers the suffering he endured just to get here, and decides that this is good enough.
[break][break]
"uh, right. okay," is his defeated response to her spiel. [break][break]"thanks, bro," he says, mostly to frank, as he turns away from the counter. "have a good one."
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Next! [O]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 5:05:48 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: