August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 1:46:05 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]Kouji liked to think that he was in good with Cillian, but considering their first meeting, he couldn’t really be sure. He respected the underboss, he thought highly of the man, just as he did of all the Kanto veterans.
[break][break]
But today, he might’ve been testing the waters far too deeply, he had poked at it briefly before, but this was a hail mary if he had ever gone for one, especially in the sub, especially in the training area.
[break][break]
Well, if all went awry, he could simply offer his head, that was an option available for him. But he didn’t want to die so soon after getting a second chance at life, he wouldn’t waste this one, and that meant taking risks.
[break][break]
He didn’t want to live a boring life, and his goals couldn’t be boring ones.
[break][break]
It was the exact reason he waited in this hallway, it was an organisation that was bigger than just him, so many people who’d like to get a moment with someone of rank, but he wouldn’t rush, and wait. His back was to the wall of the hallway, waiting for the person he wanted to see.
[break][break]
”Underboss Quinn.” Even, measured, lacking any real excitement, it wasn’t the informal Cil he had grown to use. ”I have something I wish to talk to you about, do you have a moment?”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 8:05:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian emerges from the training rooms with a towel slung around his neck, loose-fitting pants and little else. It's clear from the sweat he's worked up that he's just finished up some sort of training regimen.[break][break]

He's thinner than would've seen him last. Scars mark muscled flesh.[break][break]

Still, he's no less imposing of presence, and the golden gaze that shifts toward Kouji as he speaks is no less cutting nor cold.[break][break]

Underboss Quinn. An address he's used to hearing, but not from this particular man. Those sharp eyes narrow in suspicion. He wants something, then, but what?[break][break]

"I have an office in which I ordinarily take my appointments," he points out drily. Damp blond hair is smoothed back from his brow with a hand. He suppresses a sigh. "I have a moment. What is it?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 8:13:30 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
There it was, Kouji might have forgotten about the edge that Cillian Quinn could hold, their last talk had been amicable, but he knew it well now.
[break][break]
At least this person wasn’t going soft, nowhere near.
[break][break]
Looking at the scars, and matching the look of the man, Kouji let loose just a little smirk. ”My bad, I’ll keep that in mind in the future.” He wasn’t much of an appointment person.
[break][break]
”I wanted to talk to you about…Loyalty.” Kouji put the word forward, he didn’t like methods like this, but speaking to Fujihara, and others, a little carrot was always worthwhile.
[break][break]
”Maybe a little about traitors, but the worst kinda guys to keep ‘round are the ones that’ll turn tail when you need ‘em most.”

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 4:41:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Loyalty.[break][break]

The word alone is a red flag before a bull.[break][break]

Nostrils flare on a sharp inhale, those amber eyes still sharp with challenge, but Kouji's next words recontextualize the direction of this budding conversation. His loyalty was not the one called to question.[break][break]

Cillian's lip curls back with undisguised contempt.[break][break]

"They're as much a traitor as the ones who cut clean." The sneer behind the words, the fire in his eyes, it's clear that the subject of traitors is deeply personal to the underboss. Hardly surprising to any who knew his specialties within the organization. "We'll talk, then, but away from here. There's an empty boardroom nearby."[break][break]

He starts walking, already intent on leading the way.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 11:35:29 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji nodded and followed along, it wasn’t far at all of a walk.
[break][break]
He didn’t really speak up during that, he had some patience, there was something else to be found here. But the moment he got into the room, he made sure to sit across from Cillian, arms on the table and leaning forward.
[break][break]
He clapped his hands together right before he began.
[break][break]
”Ain’t gonna beat around too much here Cil, I think a good chunk of our group will leave once there’s a bigger carrot across the river.” It was an obvious statement, Kouji understood that pretty well. He would have thrown himself out of the room were it just that, his voice was even, measured, and he let the end of his sentence hang on.
[break][break]
”We don’t pay enough attention to why people are here, some of these kids are here to spread a message we ain’t got, some of these kids are here to change the world for better, but half of ‘em are here cos they don’t really care about Rocket.”
[break][break]
”But we can’t take ‘em out, we need numbers. We need to stop people from leaving, stop them from thinking that’s even an option.”
[break][break]
”We need to kill the existing traitors.”

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 10:28:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

There is no shock at Kouji's revelation.[break][break]

Even in Silas' day, there had been traitors. There would always be those too brave or too stupid to consider the consequences of their betrayal. That such betrayals have increased in number has only served to incense, rather than to surprise Cillian.[break][break]

"I know."[break][break]

He listens, all the same, to the proposition. Then he scoffs.[break][break]

"What do you think I do here?"[break][break]

It was a thankless job to weed out the traitors. No matter how many you killed, more would follow. Rocket were always demanding to know why no justice was brought to those who'd had the gall to escape.[break][break]

"If it were as simple as knowing they needed to die, they'd be dead."[break][break]

He thinks of his own brother with a bitterness.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 11:20:56 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
The obvious part was over, the preamble was not complete.
[break][break]
Kouji understood the point of a set-up, but that didn’t mean he enjoyed it. As he listened to Cillian, he leaned back on his chair, hands cupped together, and held as forward as they could be, his elbows rested on the arm-rest.
[break][break]
”Aye, you guys are the brainiacs here, making all the calls, and plans, but why not leave it to us. Give me free reign to deal with ‘em, and I’ll cut that number.” It sounded almost arrogant, to claim that he could do better than anyone else could. ”It’s a thankless job, everyone’s gonna hate ya for it, be scared of ya, but if it’s a loose grunt who likes doing it as a hobby, and an underboss who lets him off his leash, well, it looks better, don’t it?”
[break][break]
He had thought about it for a while, it wasn’t the only solution he had either. ”I said us, because I wanna build a team. Dedicated to hunting down traitors, and torturing them. We can even have the torture room by the break room, consequences should be nearby don’t ya think.” It sounded casual, and it wasn’t Kouji’s mode of operation, not his usual one. He would have preferred to simply fight it out, and leave it there, but it wouldn’t work for Rocket.
[break][break]
”It ain’t simple, but I think we should put as many resources as we can towards it…Make it obvious we’re brutal, and we’ll scare off the guys who’re only half in too.” It was a decision he had made back in that world, he wouldn’t settle for anything half done anymore, whether from himself or someone else.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 8:38:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Patiently, Cillian says, "I have a team."[break][break]

There were the spies who kept an eye on flight risks like the recent . There were the men and women who ranged afar to drag traitors back to their den. There were torturers and murderers among them.[break][break]

And there was Cillian, presiding over it all.[break][break]

"We're not short on spaces to torture. You've not been in my office. Perhaps you should visit."[break][break]

There's a dry note to his tone, an almost-humor. Maybe might've heard of the chair over the drain in the floor, where people like Isaac and were interrogated to answer for transgressions.[break][break]

But, beyond his exasperation for Kouji's dismissal of resources and efforts already in place, Cillian appreciates his zeal.[break][break]

"If you'd like to be a part of that team, then say so." Cillian fiddles with the coffee maker at the back of the boardroom, searching for where they'd stashed the filters. "You'd be granted access to my files and free rein to target whoever you liked, barring any specific orders. I don't care if you bring them in alive. If they're on the list, they're fair game."[break][break]

The main list was filled with people you'd expect. , , — known traitors. There was a secondary list, however, filled with the names of those still in Rocket. Even people like and , names dear to Cillian, did not escape his notice. If they'd fled once, they were at risk to do so again. They would be watched, no matter how little he liked it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 11:16:34 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
It was times like this that Kouji wished he read.
[break][break]
Something to fix.
[break][break]
As his gradually reddenning expression, and heat that he felt in his face got more intense, he took in a deep breath, and quickly slapped his cheeks. Whatever, he had made mistakes before, and would continue to do so, it was a matter of minimising them, he wasn’t a kid anymore.
[break][break]
”Aye, I’d like to join.”
[break][break]
But as this was an opportunity, Kouji went to take it to ask a question he’s wondered for a while. ”How many families are we protecting right now, and can we expand that?” In a sense, it might have been hypocritical to target them, Kouji wouldn’t have been here himself if that had been the case.
[break][break]
But others might not have left in the first place if this was true.
[break][break]
”I’m sure it’s sitting in some files somewhere, but if we can…” He left the unsaid words in the air.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 12:41:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Kouji's embarrassment does not escape Cillian's notice, but neither does he apply further pressure to an opened wound. He was not the first, would certainly not be the last to underestimate Rocket's attempts to deal with their traitors. It was easy to look at those high-profile traitors still flaunting their freedom and assume that inadequate resources were being expended, just as it was easy for citizens to criticize the League for failing to bring Rocket to justice.[break][break]

"Protecting?" Cillian echoes, eyes narrowing as he processes the question. "Countless. Those in Rocket needn't ask to ensure their loved ones are looked after."[break][break]

Of course, Rocket were not infallible. Protection didn't equate to invulnerability, but care was taken on his part to do what he could. He understood the importance of family. He also understood the weakness it presented.[break][break]

Sharp enough to connect the question to their current conversation, Cillian says, "I assume you'll next inquire as to how we might reverse that protection, should our allies decide they'd rather be enemies?" He doesn't wait for a reply; the question had been rhetorical. "One need only look so far as to the family of and to know that protection is a double-edged sword."[break][break]

Their father murdered, their brother threatened, their children targeted.[break][break]

"Or even my own brother." It was not common knowledge that he and Rowan were related, yet Cillian no longer shies from this fact. "If you cross paths with , you show him as much mercy as the rest."[break][break]

Which was to say, none at all.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 22:52:57 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
As Cillian spoke, ideas brewed within Kouji’s mind, but it was too early to speak of them, not before he had given them the right room, and time, he didn’t want to embarass himself twice in this conversation.
[break][break]
It was tough, the resources were there but they weren’t infinite.
[break][break]
But that one had been a surprise to Kouji, Rowan Wrynn, one of the defectors he’d heard a fair bit about, to know that they were related to Underboss Quinn.
[break][break]
”I won’t.” He replied, it was curt, quick, but there was something in Kouji’s eyes, they narrowed a bit as he looked at Cillian, wondering just what went through that man’s mind as he said that.
[break][break]
Could he do the same thing? Unflappingly, completely?
[break][break]
There was no point in wondering, Kouji just had to ask the other man, he leaned back in his chair.
[break][break]
”Could you do it? Kill your own family?” It was a simple question, but there was a tinge of hesitation before asking it; Kouji gave little moments before he followed up on it with the second.
[break][break]
”How do you bring yourself to do it?” He had hesitated at the last moment, not just for his family, but towards his friend just as well. He couldn’t kill his father, and he couldn’t kill .
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 10:29:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian doesn't miss it, the narrowing of the eyes. Judgement, he assumes. would not be the first to look upon him with disgust for the ease in which he'd turned on .[break][break]

"Rocket is my family," says the underboss firmly, echoing the sentiment he'd shared with . "To betray Rocket is to betray me, and what use have I for a traitor?"[break][break]

That didn't answer the question directly, however. Kouji might think he's dodging, deflecting. Might think he's too weak, too soft to do what must be done. And it wasn't really Kouji whose judgement spurred him onward. No, it was the voices of countless others echoing in his head. Of telling him that his Rocket is soft. Of Walsh warning him not to disappoint.[break][break]

"Could I kill those that defect? Yes."[break][break]

He speaks without hesitation or remorse.[break][break]

"I am no exception to the rule, Matsubara."[break][break]

His status as underboss did not protect him, and it wouldn't protect .

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 0:15:31 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”Mah, I’ve thought this a bunch of times, but you’re strong. Not in the kickass way, but in the mental way. If I could kill who I needed to kill while staying myself, I’d be in a way better place.”
[break][break]
It was almost as if he was venting, but the smile on his face showed that he didn’t particularly feel bad about it either, there was admiration that danced in his eyes for a moment. ”Well, no point crying over spilt milk. I’ll clean up the traitors around me, guess my family’s probably first.” He said with a stretch as he stood up.
[break][break]
It wasn’t those that left him behind that he struggled to kill, it was the person who became a traitor and stayed by his side, his father. The man sitting in a hospital courtesy of Kouji, that was his first target.
[break][break]
”Anyone you’ve got an eye on at the moment, I’m feeling in a hunting mood.” Seeing such dedication to Rocket in front of his eyes was always going to get him into a mood, he needed to go further. Dedication alone wasn’t going to do it, he needed to push past that.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 18:46:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Once, those who sought his mentorship were of a softer breed. They sought affirmation of their gentle hearts with an underboss who has suffered much by Rocket's hand, and once, he had given it. He had tried to shield from the need to kill. Had tried to protect from the worst of the syndicate's crimes. Had shared his fears with .[break][break]

And all of them, every single one, had repaid that glimpse of kindness with a knife in his back.[break][break]

No more.[break][break]

In , he finds the pleasure of a different admiration. A reflection of his same loyalty, with none of the catch.[break][break]

"If you cannot kill while staying yourself, then you need to become something more." He'd told others not to lose their heart, their hope, their compassion. It had cost him dearly. Now, he inflicts the price he'd paid for Rocket on another. "Root out that weakness, and you'll find yourself as strong as I am."[break][break]

He recognizes in Kouji's current mood a weapon needing to be pointed, and thus doesn't hesitate to reply.[break][break]

"I'll give you the list. Consider it a menu."[break][break]

He pulls up one of the devices in the board room, connecting to his personal files. Soon, a decrypted thumb drive would be in Kouji's eager hands.[break][break]

"This contains what information we have on each target. Name, Pokemon, any current or former addresses, affiliations... knock yourself out. Or them, preferably."[break][break]

He smirks, and there's nothing in his eyes but hate.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Demise Denial[m]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 17:29:53 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Become something more, to root out his weakness.
[break][break]
Kouji listened, and he stopped to think about it, ruminated on those words, just what was his weakness? Everytime he found one, two more reared their heads, everytime he worked to fix them, another paralyzed him.
[break][break]
The only thing he could do was sigh as he took the thumbdrive, it had what he sought on it, but not what he needed. It didn’t matter, he had a job to do; he took in a deep breath before he looked back at Cillian, a mirrored smirk. But his eyes only showed exhaustion.
[break][break]
He’d just have to figure it out.
[break][break]
”Aye, leave it to me, make sure to keep a surplus of body bags around.” His cocky tone carried him out of the room, he had gotten some of what he wanted out of this conversation, but he had far more questions.
[break][break]
”I can do whatever I want, yeah? Don’t matter if I go for their family, or whatever else?”
[break][break]
But he asked the only one he needed to.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]