shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

LITTLEROOT[break]↻ MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1054889526239170630/the_game_is_afoot.mp3[/player][break]
Partners ~ The Game is Afoot! - The Great Ace Attorney 2
[break]

WHETHER IT WAS DISPLACED BENEATH LITTLEROOT DUE TO DIMENSIONAL ENTANGLEMENT, BROUGHT BACK TO FUNCTIONING ORDER DUE TO DIALGA, OR BOTH, can not be determined. However, this kingdom made entirely out of intricate mechanisms is void of human life. Clockwork gears, iron tunnels, and curious domes make up this kingdom that continues to function like an animatronic music box.[break][break]

Mechanical Pokemon like Magearna, Volcanion and others present in the kingdom seem to be robotic, set to a rhythm or programming like an animatronic figure.[break][break]

Several clock towers loom above the entire kingdom, though their machinery seems to be in disrepair.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 20 experience the kingdom's song picking up tempo, causing all mechanizations, including soulless pokemon, to frantically speed up.
  • 24 break apart a machine or mechanism (not a pokemon) and witness what appears to be a soul being released.
  • 31 encounter an automated scenario of an execution where a mechanical tyrantrum is being executed by a mechanical aegislash repeatedly; you may find yourselves caught on the track instead, taking the place of the tyrantrum.
  • 32 either by exploring clockwork tunnels underneath the city or the castle, liberate carbink who have been working in other coal engines for eons.
  • 🗺️ utilize mew in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: & will be able to encounter a VOLCANION that can speak. This is the same Volcanion that destroyed a humanmade tower and encountered Alexei Ivanov in an underwater cavern. You must win its trust in some way, for it is wary of humans due to an unknown reason, but perhaps related to the events that have transpired in this kingdom a long time ago.[break][break]

It guards several SOUL-HEARTS that it is attempting to repair. It will manage to repair one Soul-Hearts by chance as it transfers some of its INFINITY ENERGY to it, shortening the Volcanion's life. The Volcanion is doing this in an attempt to find the MAGEARNA it had sworn to protect a long time ago, believing itself to be the last surviving "knight" of the royal guard.[break][break]

Bringing one SOULLESS MAGEARNA to the Volcanion will allow Paxton to open a hatch on the Magearna's chest to install the Soul-Heart in order to grant it "life", which then can be captured.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
MECHANICAL KINGDOM: IA
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 21:32:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the return feels different now as she stares out over the vast mechanical kingdom. it's broken, crumbled into ruins... yet the song it plays never quite stops.

she turns, leaving the kingdom staring at her back.

"it's nice to see you again."

familiar, comforting, warm - sometimes she misses when this was what she knew. she holds the concept inside like a secret, hurriedly buried beneath loose dirt. the line had already been drawn by her and she cannot find a way to cross it again.

"have you been keeping busy?"

idle chitchatting feels hollow, similar to the mechanical husks laying around them. they're fitting, she supposes.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 7:29:45 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]even from afar, the song that plays across the kingdom can be heard. the tempo picks up, and with it, those that make up the kingdom seem to speed up; their conversation included.

while the urge does rise, the line will not be crossed by him, at least not so abundantly. teetering it seems fine, however.

"i've been settling into my new role. apart from that, not so much."

he returns a smile as they approach the entrance of what he knows to be their underground network. their sewers, essentially.

"it's nice to be back here, oddly enough. though i imagine it's also because of the company."
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 16:37:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]right - his new position.

the urge to pry him apart at familiar seams until he's bleeding out information of his new daily routines rises up with a surge of life. her fingers twitch at the thought yet it's swallowed back down all the same. it is no longer her place, she would do well to remember that.

"right, congratulations, again, on the new position. i hope it treats you well."

around them, the tempo speeds up, and husks of lifeless machinery pick up with the tempo. she feels the faint anxiety hidden underneath pleasant notes - haunting through bodies until they're puppets on strings.

he leads toward the sewers (ugh) and as is second nature, she follows blindly behind him. things change, people grow apart, but familiarity never truly leaves.

"just the company?"

faintly, she feels her smile brightening. old habits die hard.

"careful," she teases.

any further and she'd dip her toes in wishful thinking.

20 experience the kingdom's song picking up tempo, causing all mechanizations, including soulless pokemon, to frantically speed up.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 5:48:08 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]her warning draws out a playfulness in him reserved only for those truly close to him. he glances back at her over his shoulder, shrugging.

"what's life without a little danger?"

speaking of danger, his gallade is quick to PSYCHO CUT an incoming mechanism. metal creaks as it splits apart, and from it rises what he knows to be a soul.

it floats away, never to be remembered, perhaps.

"i think that was...a soul."

24 break apart a machine or mechanism (not a pokemon) and witness what appears to be a soul being released.
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 16:10:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"boring."

there's a thrill associated with danger - a rush of adrenaline and the euphoria it leaves behind in nerve endings. a small grin overtakes her lips at the thought.

it falters as his gallade breaks apart a mechanism, as a wisp rises from the breaking metal.

"does that mean..?"

she doesn't bother to finish the sentence for he knows. he always knows.

and her hand reaches for his quickly, insistent as she tugs connected fingers forward.

"come on, let's follow it."

around them, the small rock bodies of carbink go through the paces of their work...

20 experience the kingdom's song picking up tempo, causing all mechanizations, including soulless pokemon, to frantically speed up.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 4:13:51 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]having read reports from other expedition groups who have encountered similar, alexander knows to stop at the sight of working carbink and liberate them with a swift PSYCHO CUT that breaks their chains.

what they encounter next is an odd sight, one that has yet to be mentioned in any of the reports.

the mechanical sounds echo again and again, repeating as though on a loop.

"i'm not sure what's up ahead."

31 encounter an automated scenario of an execution where a mechanical tyrantrum is being executed by a mechanical aegislash repeatedly; you may find yourselves caught on the track instead, taking the place of the tyrantrum.

32 either by exploring clockwork tunnels underneath the city or the castle, liberate carbink who have been working in other coal engines for eons.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 4:26:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as the carbink coo their thanks, she flashes a wide smile. and while they don't have time to dwell with the carbink, she still reaches out to give them gentle pats on the heads as they pass.

the sound of machinery echoes, reverberating against the walls.

"is it a workshop?"

she takes a few steps forward, drifting from him, and the sound grows louder...

after a moment, a loud whirring noise elicits a gasp from the scientist. the ground beneath her feet shifts and she's tugged to the side by a moving track. up ahead, an aegislash's blade glistens as a mechanical tyrantrum passes along - its head cleanly removed.

"oh."

a beat passes. the aegislash winds back up, a makeshift guillotine blade. slowly, the track carries her closer.

"shit."

31 encounter an automated scenario of an execution where a mechanical tyrantrum is being executed by a mechanical aegislash repeatedly; you may find yourselves caught on the track instead, taking the place of the tyrantrum.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 3:56:04 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]as alarming as the situation is, panic never rises. his composure remains level and cool as he watches his gallade leap to place a hand on illeana before TELEPORTING them to safety, bypassing the odd construct entirely.

he waits for gallade to return to TELEPORT him the same way. when he appears, he looks at her, concerned.

"all good?"

the space they find themselves in is nondescript for the most part but there is something odd about it.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 4:10:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the world distorts around her and her feet land on sturdy ground, his gallade releasing her body once she rights herself. a grateful smile rises toward the psychic type first before shifting toward alexander himself.

"good, thank you."

a sound rings out around them, then, but it's different than before - an odd sort of mechanical sound.

she drifts toward it out of curiosity, though she tries to stay closer to him and his gallade than before. the sensation of panic is still close enough to wear if needed.

upon further inspection, a volcanion sits as a guard before lifeless dolls and... hearts? her head tilts slightly in confusion before she turns toward alex, leaning closer to whisper.

"is it...?"

alive? going to kill them if they get any closer?

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 4:45:22 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]after a few more seconds observing from a relatively safe distance, he comes to an assumption that the volcanion is in fact alive. the way it slowly rises tells him as much.

"it is."

tentatively, he leaves her side to approach it only to be met with a booming voice.

HALT.

he slows, stopping as he raises his hands to show that he means it no threat. curiously, empty soul-hearts lay behind it.

"we mean you no harm."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 5:04:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he confirms her suspicions quickly before drifting away. and despite herself, her hand reaches out as if to stop him... though, perhaps fittingly, he slips through her fingertips.

halt.

it echoes, reverberating against the walls. she winces slightly beneath the booming sound.

and as alex ushers promises of no harm, she steps forward tentatively.

"do you need help?"

her hands rise to mirror alex's movement - a show of good will. her eyes dart to the empty hearts behind the volcanion.

"my pokemon and i possess healing capabilities if you do."

🗺️ utilize mew in an advantageous way.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 9:41:55 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]and so, the volcanion explains the situation to them: how it repairs soul-hearts in an attempt to find the magearna it had sworn to protect a long time ago, and how each time it does, its own life shortens.

even after all this time, it has upheld its promise even at the cost of its own life.

"others have found lifeless magearna, though i'm not sure if any are the one you seek."

still, they will try.

the two of them return carrying one each, and under its guidance, he kneels down before it to lay the magearna down on the ground.

he looks over at illie.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 2:23:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]they return to the volcanion, each gingerly carrying a lifeless doll. her eyes keep drifting to the volcanion as they move, as they approach...

and as each magearna is laid out before it, she waits.

the volcanion moves to retrieve two empty soul hearts. it returns and steps before her, laying them down at her feet.

she crouches to get closer to the soul hearts and after glancing at alex - whether for comfort or affirmation, she doesn't know - mew is released from the confines of its pokeball. the pink mythical coos in greeting, though the volcanion pays it little mind for its eyes are focused solely on the dolls before them.

"okay, here we go..."

as her hands coat with pink healing mist, mew floats closer to her side and she gently picks up the first soul heart to begin mending it.

"life dew the second one for me, please?"

she doesn't need to listen for the resulting mewl to know mew has begun to use life dew on the second soul heart.

🗺️ utilize mew in an advantageous way.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 10:54:48 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]whether by chance or effort, two soul-hearts are repaired and fitted into the lifeless magearna they brought to the volcanion. both construct flit to life, sudden and almost erratic as they take in their surroundings.

after a moment, the volcanion shakes its head, then lowers back down onto the ground, exhausted.

"these may not be the ones you seek but i promise you we will take good care of them."

he assures it.

dBKw12nU