awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2019 7:04:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]fernando sits on his answer for a moment. there's a way to phrase it elegantly and there's the blunt route. against his natural instinct, he takes the middle ground, sparing the gym leaders some face in front of the same man who's crushed them. "they're picked for a variety of reasons, some unrelated to their capabilities as gym leaders."

he looks up from the table and back at kyle, staring at the man with a curiosity that belies fernando's innate probing. "you sound more unsure of yourself than i do. however, the badges you have are proof enough. congratulations. statistically, you are one of the strongest trainers in hoenn."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2019 6:55:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"statistically, yeah." he stifles a laughter at his statement. that was one way to put it. "thanks."

he had always been unsure about himself despite the feedback he receives from others. he wants to call it humility, though kyle just has high expectations on what can be considered as good. so far, he hasn't met his own standards.

"maybe it's that my attacks don't seem to affect blackwell's 'mons that day. kinda chews on your confidence that the 'mons you trained don't even make a dent on them." the tone was more carefree, happy that the conversation veered to a different direction. "i could have stayed and tried again, but i know it was a losing battle anyways."

he starts picking the badges up as he talked.

"how did you guys finish him off anyways? i swear those 'mons don't get hurt or anything."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2019 0:38:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "traditional battles and those meant to kill are different. pokemon are trained for a variety of purposes and those put in a different threshold can seem more resilient than those who aren't. at least those that survive. many within rocket don't put a lot of value into their pokemon's well being."

fernando preludes his answer with an explanation to help console kyle's implied sense of doubt. to bother a man who's undeniably proven his worth can be detrimental to being the face of a region. pillars of strength must be sturdy in turbulent times and self assured of their own merit.

"silas was undoubtedly one of the strongest enemies the league has ever faced. however, at the end of the day, he is only one person. six pokemon can hold their own against another six but when that number triples, a battle of attrition has only one decisive winner. you did your part and that helped turn the tides, easily."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2019 16:59:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he was there. he knows how the battle went. it was a four versus six; three if you discount the luxray since it did not do anything else with his manectric's lightning rod in play. even with the advantage, his pokemon were not able to get through their defenses.

of course, people that were in a caliber higher than him exists. he simply assumes that they were there when they defeated the rocket boss. he appreciates the councilman's concern and doesn't probe further into the subject.

"i guess that makes sense."

he wonders if he could have defeated the rocket boss on his own if he could have brought eighteen total pokemon with him on the field, but that was left to his imagination and simulations now.

"do you need something else from me?" he asks. he cannot say that it was awkward having a high-ranking official of the league in his desolated home after all.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 6:46:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "actually, i do. i have a proposition for you." fernando leans back and takes a moment to gather his thoughts. he eyes kyle over once before settling his hands into his lap, observing the man's reaction gauging his reception to his proposition.

"we're putting together a team of the most elite trainers in hoenn to represent the league and set the benchmark for the best trainers in the region. we want to set create an aspiration for other trainers to look up to and use to inspire them to become stronger trainers. naturally, we cannot force people to become skilled battlers but having a strong standard would do well in preventing another slateport."

he smiles.

"you have the badges that prove you're competent. you've held off the rocket boss to prove you're resilient. and, you have my endorsement to prove you've been vetted. we have another three trainers in mind and with them you will be part of hoenn's ELITE FOUR." he pauses. "should you accept."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 17:07:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the commissioner did mention something between the lines of being the face of the league. what the councilman mentioned seemingly fits the job description of what was proposed to him before, something that he already agreed on.

a certain line on the proposition piques his interest however that he couldn't help but blurt the question out as soon as fernando ends his statement.

"who're the other three candidates?"

if they were people he does not want to associate with, he may have to decline. he minds his fame in a way that he doesn't want to stand out. at the same time, he also minds it if his reputation takes a blow if he gets associated with people he doesn't like just because they belong to the same team.

on hindsight, there's no one on the list as of yet.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2019 14:45:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] rather than accept or ask for more details about the position and its requirements, kyle goes straight for the other candidates. fernando can't help but laugh but only in good sport. ", the head scientist, and , a distinguished officer. the two were a great help in the tragedy in mossdeep and both have enough badges to serve as their credentials. as for the last one, i'm not sure. has someone in mind but she hasn't finalized her decision yet."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2019 16:18:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh. i guess it's fine then." kyle doesn't mention the reason why he asked.

with two out of the three potential candidates being people he wouldn't be afraid to associate himself with, he supposed his worries were for nothing. bailey has bad rep with some people, but he gets along with her so he's fine with it.

whoever the third one was, kyle hoped that it was someone decent and agreeable. he wasn't sure how the entire thing works, or if they're even required to interact with each other often, but it was better to hope for something safe than not.

"you can add me to the roster. the commissioner already mentioned something like that to me before and i kinda already told her i'm good with it."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 3:35:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando cannot help but beam. "such a decisive answer for such a big request. i hope you understand the weight of your responsibilities, lopez." there's a mild hint of a tease behind that statement but the weight of his words do not betray what's to come. previously, kyle may have had the chance to fly under the radar. that would disappear once the news broke out. bundled by the limelight of being responsible for the fall of team rocket, kyle would become one of the most infamous people in hoenn.

"well then, i have much to do. i appreciate your time, lopez."

fernando stands and extends a hand.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 8:22:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i don't, to be honest, but it seems fun."

the definition of what an elite four entails has yet to be learned by kyle. the only thing he knows is that it is different from the responsibility of a gym leader has, or anything that the hoenn league has established, maybe, hopefully. he's going in it blind, and it's fine.

most of his decisions in life were decided lightly despite his more conservative nature. adding one more to the list should not be that bad.

"no problem."

kyle stands up from his seat and reaches for fernando's hand, returning the handshake.