She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
473 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
[M] On a Dragon's Wing
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 19:02:16 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"DRAKLOAK!" The pokemon rolled on his back, refusing to participate in striking the wooden tauros training dummy. She stomped her foot the ground in a childish display as he continued to roll around in the dirt, tongue lolling out as he enjoyed scratching his back. "Ugh! This training manual is NOT. HELPING." She crumpled it in her fist and tossed it to the ground. Then, she rubbed her hands down her face and tried to gather herself.

She thought her affinity for ghost types would rescue her from her lack of experience with bolder pokemon like dragons, but the dragon/ghost was acting like a full dragon in terms of his lack of cooperation. She had never had such a frustrating experience with a ghost in her entire life. She put her hands on her hip as she thought. "Drak, we have to demonstrate that you can follow commands. The Rangers need a solid flight of dragons." The idea was for Rangers to teach their dragons to obey verbal commands from anyone, so that they could be lent out to others in a pinch when flight or a dragon was needed. But he wasn't even listening to her own commands, let alone someone else's.

She was totally going to fail this task.

@saturn
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[M] On a Dragon's Wing
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 7:31:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aliasong"]

alia was, by no means, an expert on dragons. while she was the trainer of one, controlling her noibat had never been an issue, so it's not like she ever had a need to brush up on her dragon-training skills. to be fair, though, she grew up with lani - when she was thirteen, she had found the purple bat injured on the side of the road, one of its wings dislocated from a clearly nasty fight. alia had took it upon her to nurse it back to health, and since then, the pokemon has become one of her most trusted partners. [break][break]

despite her lack of actual dragon expertise, the young woman still wanted to offer a hand when she stumbled into robin's training session with her drakloak. she was wandering nearby after work when the commotion piqued her curiosity, and she observed the scene silently for a few minutes with her noibat perched on her shoulder. while alia was too far to hear all of robin's words clearly, she vaguely catches the last few words, allowing her to quickly piece together the situation on hand. ah. well, now she has even more of a reason to help out, as a fellow ranger herself. [break][break]

"hi there!" alia cautiously steps into their space, not wanting to catch either of them off-guard. a smile fills her features with a radiance that crinkles her eyes and deepens her dimples. "sorry to bother you, but i caught you trying to train your drakloak here...i'm no professional dragon trainer, but i thought maybe having a calmer dragon around could help tone things down a bit." the blue-haired woman slightly shifts her head towards the noibat that was still holding onto her shoulder, who caws softly in response. its yellow eyes are piercing but steady as it watches robin, seemingly trying to analyze the other woman. "this is lani. she can be wary of strangers, but is the most playful thing once she warms up to you." alia says, reaching up to gently pat the noibat in comfort. she pauses as another thought clicks in her head, dropping her hand after the gears finish running. "oh! and i'm alia, it's nice to meet you - i'm a ranger myself, although i still have a few months before i'm no longer a rookie." 

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aliasong b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
473 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
[M] On a Dragon's Wing
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 16:53:45 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin froze as she heard a new voice. She turned to see a new face, but the presence of her rookie Ranger armband settled Robin right back down. "I was afraid you were a cadet," she confessed with a breathless laugh. "I'm Robin, and I could totally use the help." The Noibat looked pleasant enough. Drakloak, on the other hand, was thick-skulled through and through. He came up to Alia curiously, sniffing at her. His tail wagged as he saw the Noibat.

"I'm only a few missions away from graduating in rank, but..." She rubbed at her armband self-consciously. "I've really gotten stuck on this one. Drakloak has never listened to me very well. He's a recent capture, but still. I've always had good luck with ghost types. I just don't know anything about dragons. How'd you get yours to listen?"

@saturn
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[M] On a Dragon's Wing
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 6:57:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

alia leans down slowly, offering her fingers for the drakloak to sniff. if he allowed it, she would gently skim her palm across its body as a sign of friendly affection. the noibat, on the other hand, remains still on alia's shoulder and fails to return the dragon's amicable tail-wag with a greeting of her own. [break][break]

the blue-haired woman stands back up at robin's question and laughs sheepishly. this time, it's her turn to rub her armband self-consciously. "ah, if i were to be completely honest with you - i lucked out and didn't have much trouble with lani." she confesses, moving her hand to tickle the noibat's chin. "i nursed her back to health after i found her on the side of the road with a broken wing, so she listened to me well afterwards." [break][break]

alia knows that isn't helpful, though, so she clears her throat to offer an additional response. "i will say that one of the things i've learned over the years is that dragons are incredibly sensitive to your emotions and how you carry yourself. if your energy fluctuates, they fluctuate with you." she eyes and nods at the drakloak as she speaks. "try to stay calm while you're with your drakloak, as frustrating as things can get. it's one of the most important factors into earning their respect, since it shows that you're confident in your capabilities regardless of their behavior. when your emotions and confidence waver, your dragon will also lose their faith in you. once you get that respect, however, things will be a lot easier."

[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
473 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
[M] On a Dragon's Wing
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 0:19:33 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Drakloak purred under Alia's touch while Robin considered her words. "I'm not so lucky. I coaxed him into a pokeball while exploring. He doesn't know how much I can provide for him or help him grow." They started as strangers, not in a patient/doctor relationship where the one being cared for is naturally inclined to trust their carer. Still. Alia's idea about energy... Robin wore her emotions on her sleeve and was reactive.

"Okay. More confidence, less frustration. But if you were trying to, say, teach him something as easy as sitting on his haunches like a person, how do you manage if he won't listen?" There were easy commands he needed to learn to follow to be considered trained by the Rangers. She had spent too much time trying to teach him, and now he knew her as someone who got frustrated with him when he didn't listen. Was there too much negative history for him to just listen?

@saturn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[M] On a Dragon's Wing
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 23:03:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

history had a tendency of repeating itself, but it wasn’t impossible to overturn. alia hums thoughtfully as she muses over robin’s problem, running some training tactics in her head. what would be a good opportunity for robin to re-establish respect, hierarchy? [break][break]

after a long pause, she looks up and locks her blue gaze with the other ranger. “okay, i have two ideas for you. first, we could go with the good ol’ food tactic - kibble, jerky, berries, whatever he likes. this way, we can encourage drakloak to follow your orders while we reinforce the idea that you’re the one providing for him now. lani can also lead by example for this one!” she nudges her noibat playfully and points at the wooden tauros dummy from earlier. “maybe we can start from the most basic of commands and work our way up to attacking that dummy over there. this would take some time, but i can see it working long-term.” [break][break]

alia pauses now, a bit dramatically as she prepares to explain her second idea. “as for the second idea....it would be a lot more efficient, but it’s also more risky. big risks come with big rewards though, right?” the ranger shrugs sheepishly, flashing a grin at robin as she speaks. “what if we create the opportunity to earn your drakoak’s respect…through a battle with me and lani? i imagine it'd be rough initially, but dragons are competitive. if he sees that he needs to work with you to have an upper hand, and you prove to be trustworthy during the process, he could respect you a lot more here on out.” she finishes with a quirk of her eyebrow. “it’s up to you, though. what do you want to try first?”

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
473 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
[M] On a Dragon's Wing
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 21:16:25 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Alia's advice was music to her ears. "He's very food motivated," she commented. She liked the second idea, too, since it would likely be effective given his ego, but. She was a terrible trainer; combat was one of her weakest areas. She had a hard time remembering type match-ups. She didn't know how to strategize. She was more focused on exploration and rescuing than combat. "Maybe rain check the battle until I can do a good job of it." She didn't want Drakloak to question her further when she made bad calls.

She slipped her bag off her back and rummaged inside to see her sack of berries. She had to keep a lot on hand for Munchlax, but she'd been so focused on Drakloak all day that her starter pokemon had had little opportunity to snack. "Should I approach this like he's a dog?" She laughed despite herself. Perhaps she should have watched her neighbor train their Herdier. She would be more prepared for this task.

@saturn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[M] On a Dragon's Wing
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 0:33:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

“sounds good. maybe we can train together in the future, arceus knows i need it.” alia says easily. combat wasn’t her strong suit either, but it was an area of expertise that she sought to improve in. her last few months in hoenn have demonstrated to her the importance of the skill, especially given the increasing turmoil. she could use all the practice she can get. [break][break]

alia turns to dig through her own backpack, pulling out her own baggie of berries. thankfully, she was able to restock on her supply last weekend at the berry farm, where she had met . her noibat immediately perks up at the sight, hopping off of alia’s shoulder to flutter excitedly around her trainer. [break][break]

“as silly as it sounds, yeah, that seems like a good place to start.” alia’s laugh mirrored robin’s, amused by the scenario they’ve found themselves in. “lani and i can start us off.” she turns away from the other ranger, placing a ripe berry into the center of her palm. [break][break]

“okay, lani. let’s sit.” she said firmly. the noibat’s wings still rapidly, descending to the sandy grounds. [break][break]

praises spill out of alia’s lips as she hands over the berry. lani wolfs it down eagerly, eyes large and bright as it waits for another snack. once robin and drakloak runs through the same command, alia would move on to a more challenging task. “maybe we can have them attack the dummy over there now,” she suggests, pointing towards the wooden tauros. “but perhaps we start things slow? it might be easier if we let him attack it however he wants, rather than have him do a specific move. that way, he feels like he still has some degree of autonomy.”

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
473 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
[M] On a Dragon's Wing
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 3:14:45 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin nodded confidently at Alia's offer to train in combat in the future. It would benefit them both, she was sure. As it was, she followed Alia's lead, watching the Noibat follow the command for a reward. Drakloak turned his head curiously the display, then turned to Robin expectantly. "That's right, buddy. If you do the same thing, you get the same thing." She grinned, then brandished the oran berry reward. Drakloak's ephemeral tail wagged at the sight.

"Sit." He made no sign of moving. Robin knew little about training, but she did know it was discouraged to repeat yourself -- it would train the pet not to listen. Instead, Robin tsk'd. "No." She waited longer, hoping he would obey and she wouldn't look silly in front of her co-trainer. Thankfully, Drakloak sat, and received the berry immediately. Robin clapped her hands together. "Good boy!"

She then turned to the dummies as Alia offered another area of training. While Robin did him to learn obedience in terms of following exact orders, it probably was best to just get him to take general direction first. Expecting perfection immediately would get her nowhere. She brandished another berry. "Drakloak, show that dummy whose boss. Attack!" Drakloak licked his lips as he looked between the berry and the dummy, then charged at it with DRAGON RUSH.

"Oh, Magikarp! Alia, you were so freakin' right. I should've been using food this whole time." She felt silly for not trying it, but even her beloved Munchlax hadn't needed snacks to motivate him to listen. She turned from Alia back to Drakloak to see him waiting right beside her expectantly. "Good boy," she praised as she fed him the berry.

@saturn
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
[M] On a Dragon's Wing
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 22:59:31 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@saturn