twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 7:27:10 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]your company.

he has longed for her company even before his return, before his haunting of the border, and even before being summoned in sootopolis by a deity he has now aligned himself with, but to hear the words now makes him feel nothing but hurt.

she is unfair but he lets her be, perhaps afraid of losing her more.

"...yeah, sure."

he turns his back to her to pour them a drink.

"stay as long as you need."
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 14:16:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it would be so easy - give her an inch and let her take a mile. she could stay here and try to piece herself back together; her friend could help. but she knows it would hurt him and so her resolve does not waver - one night of respite and then she'll figure something out. 

he hands her a drink and she relaxes into the couch, sipping neatly. it's warm going down. 

"tell me something about you i don't know."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 4:59:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"i feel like there's nothing about me you don't already know."

that's not true, is it? because sitting in his research facility now is a weapon designed for with the sole use of killing a man who should have been scorned ages ago. this, he will take to the grave again.

he sips neatly before sitting on the couch beside her.

"i'm terrified of commitment."
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 6:40:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"come then, everyone has their secrets." it's what got her here to begin with. why is it that to love and to know that you are loved, is not enough?

he settles next to her and she takes off her boots, tucks her legs up underneath her. she slouches on her side, facing him comfortably and raising a brow at his response.

"til death do us part probably doesn't mean much to someone who's died and come back, huh?" she looks down at her drink.

"i think i'm afraid too. but...why? why you?" you're perfect.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 6:52:48 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]her comment draws a chuckle from him.

"that still feels surreal. i'm not sure if i'll ever get used to it."

he does what he can to adapt, process, and accept his return, but it transcends the rules of the universe that have always been so strict and rigid, never to bend nor break.

if his return is possible, what's to say others can't as well? friends, family, and even enemies.

"i'm not too sure. i believe it's fear, mostly, not of being tethered to someone for the rest of my life, but perhaps more so of losing them."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 6:56:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he's said as much before. it might be better if they stopped talking about it, if she stopped bringing it up, but there's some need in her to make it normal. she can't erase the grief she felt - or lack thereof - after his parting. 

and she can't forget what that did to her. the things it made her do. 

that's not fair to him. 

"we all die, alex. we'll lose our loved ones. they'll lose us. but at the end of the day, they're all we've got."  she looks down at her drink. gives it a bit of a swirl just to see the colors shift. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 7:08:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"careful, freya, you're starting to sound an awful lot like me."

how horrible that would be.

he mirrors her gaze down to his own drink, swirling it once, twice, before lifting it to his lips.

"i feel like i've already lost them."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 7:14:22 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"would that be so bad? sounding like you?" she asks and takes a drink in tandem with him, lips pursing as she realizes they're mirrored. she shifts her shoulder to the side, settling into the couch so she can nestle and face him properly. 

her eyes tighten. 

"have i really changed that much?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 7:22:05 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]he wills himself to hold his gaze no matter how much he wants to look away. his finger idly taps at the now-empty glass in his hand.

"you've moved on, haven't you?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 15:15:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i love you," she says softly. "and that's never going to change."

even if king were gone, even if eva wasn't in the picture, she knows in her heart it wouldn't work. the faintest memory of her dreams whisper otherwise, guided by the warmth from the liquor, this ethereal shared solitude where consequences seem so, so far away.

"but i can't be who you want me to be. who you need me to be."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 15:35:04 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]i love you.

that much, he knows, but hearing it again helps settle the doubts in his mind that often creep up when he's not careful. the words do little to placate, however. if anything, they only add fuel to the fire.

"you sound so sure of it."

so much that it hurts.

"who do i need you to be, freya?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 16:44:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"of course i'm sure of it. i've always known what i feel. how i feel." it comes so scarcely, but so voraciously when it does. feelings are insatiable, tenacious tethers. she'd die for alex as much as she would king and eva, but more importantly - 

she'd live for him too. 

"it's just everything else that i'm terrible at." she chuckles, polishes off the rest of her drink and turns the glass around in her hands. 

"i think you need someone kinder. someone who won't burn you. and i," she says, lifting a hand, hovering it over his heart, "burn everyone i touch."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 4:07:27 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"you don't."

she does. he's seen it, he's felt it, but he is a being of hope; of compassion and understanding and forgiveness. she could burn him whole and he would still forgive her.

"you wouldn't burn me."

he would still love her.
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 4:20:59 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she presses her palm to his chest. she feels his heart. under cloth and skin and bone, she feels his heart. and it's such a fragile thing. impossibly beating. impossibly warm. 

it had been a closed casket, his funeral. not much of a body recovered. 

she smiles through fresh-springing tears. "i'm hurting you even now, alex. don't lie to me. whatever you do, don't lie to me."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 4:33:57 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]his head shakes in defiance, stubborn and prideful as he reaches for her hand over his chest.

"i love you, freya, so much so that it hurts." it hurts seeing her with someone else; to be in their home, witnessing the lives they share; but her happiness is not what hurts him. never that. "but that isn't your fault. none of it is."

he sighs.

"what couldn't he accept?"