awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 4:58:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he shakes his head and yet his words betray him. all who love her are hurt by that love. her gaze drops from his own, to the hand over hers, remembering a faraway beach on an isolated island, the him she had ended up with fading with the dawn. 

her breath hitches in that way it does before the start of a sob. that stuttering intake of breath that jumbles up all the rest of the words. 

"he said he loved me too," she says, still smiling because she might absolutely lose it if she doesn't keep that smile on her face, stretched as it is, gums exposed, eyes tight. tears running silent rivulets down her face. 

"but it wasn't enough. not after everything i kept from him."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 2:46:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]she says not to lie to her as though it's the only request that truly matters and yet he sits next to her having lied to her, still lying to her, only to call her out for the exact same sins.

an advocator for peace that arms people. an honest person that lies for his own gain. he is a hypocrite; perhaps undeserving of the love she has for him.

but the mask he wears betrays little.

"what did you keep from him?"
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:04:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and in turn, neither does her own. if king won't forgive her for this, alex never would. it was her outstretched hands that sought to shield him from the darkness, her own mouth that bespoke treason - don't trust fernando. 

and yet she is going to honor a long-passed duty, twisted as it is. one he fulfilled when he was dead

"my heart," she says. and that's a half-truth too. "he didn't remember galar. i kept it that way."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 9:42:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]he stopped living, she lived decades, and yet they now sit across each other sharing parts of themselves meant only for each other.

half-truths, lies, and truths all blend together. what matters in the end is intent.

"why didn't you tell him?"
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 5:46:19 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"to delay the inevitable," she says, grasping at easy words drawn put by the warm charm of the whiskey. it still rests on the back of her tongue, inviting more, inciting her honesty. though her honesty is swathed with veils, tumbling and shifting at the slightest tug.

"i lost him for two years, you know. in galar. he blamed me." a brief pause. "he was right to."

"i'm so tired, alex."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 7:16:24 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]he does not pry for more even though the curious thought arises. he lets her share with no judgment, listening, and understanding as his role dictates.

"you can stay for as long as you need to."

he offers after a sigh.

"i mean it. the estate is more than big enough to accommodate you."

plus, her company would be nice.
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 19:28:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's tempting. it's oh, so tempting. but she can't do that. it's already a low blow to her pride to come crawling to him like she has now. and the longer she stays, the more likely she is to make a mistake and hurt them both. 

"thank you," she says. 

"it'll beat sleeping on top of the sky pillar." she stretches out some of her aches and then balances the empty whiskey glass on her leg. "but the stars are so lovely out there."

she shivers. "would you mind if i borrowed a change of clothes? and had a bath?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 7:42:40 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"i bet."

the lights of rustboro threaten to spill over but the skies still remain clear enough over the devon estate. still, it must pale in comparison.

he shakes his head as he stands, reaching for her empty glass to pour them another.

"no, not at all. you can stay in one of the bedrooms," rooms that were once equipped for members of the stone family but have since become vacant, "i'll have linda make the preprations."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 5:39:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the relief is dull, difficult to feel in the wake of her exhaustion, but she wills a small smile and dips her head as he fetches her another glass of whiskey. she takes it, fingers stretching to grace his, and then withdraws back against the arm of the couch to take a greedy sip. 

"did you know i was a queen in galar?" she says. "not a very good one, mind you, but it's partly why i took council. i thought maybe after twenty years, i'd have learned something about leading others."

she frowns. "and i wanted to clear his name."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 9:50:51 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]her frown is understood but not commented on as he understands the challenges of clearing 's name. they will discuss it in more detail another time, perhaps, when in one of their offices or in a more professional setting.

for now, he directs the conversation back to her.

"well, what did you learn? what makes a good leader?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 4:01:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her thumb leaves a print on the glass. gods, i need a bath. she almost feels bad sitting on his prim couch like she is. shame turns her neck red and she hunches down, tucking her cheek on the couch, and looks at him with a one-eyed stare. 

"that you need to set aside your own desires to be any good at it."

she never stopped wanting to get home. , , , they all let that dream fade in lieu of duty. but freya never once gave up the fight. 

"so by my calculations, i should be golden at this point," she says bitterly. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 4:30:19 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"i should be as well then."

but here they are: two people trying their absolute best, sacrificing what others will not, all for the sake of being a good leader. the only difference is that he has failed already, and so his role has shifted since then. but freya? she still has a chance.

his phone buzzes.

"looks like your room's ready."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wayward
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 4:33:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: