awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 16:32:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

when she pushed everyone else away and left herself to rot in her own poison, alone on that accursed island, he found her. when she isolated herself to the brink of her own insanity, he begged her to come back. and she hadn't. 

and then he'd paid the price. 

she could have stayed on the top of sky pillar forever, really, forgetting herself. languishing among her dragons with the salted bluffs and the sea as her companions. but she can't stop now. she can't give up. 

she can't have lost everything for nothing. 

a quick text is all she'd sent - are you home? - and the rest of his questions had gone unanswered. she's at his doorstep now, face drawn with exhaustion, still wearing the same clothes from two nights ago when king walked away from her without looking back. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 18:14:55 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]despite his best efforts, worry plagues his features as he opens the door to his home, not knowing what to expect. he knows she needs him, but what else beyond that, he wonders.

is she hurt? no, she doesn't look hurt. just exhausted and leaning toward vacant.

"you look awful."

shades of her isolation still haunt him.

"what happened?"
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 21:47:35 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"thanks," she says with a curl of her lip (so terribly reminiscent of the man she left), but it makes her look down and actually realize she's still wearing the black hoodie, dried snot on the left sleeve. her jeans are okay, as jeans usually are, but her boots are muddied from mucking around the cold, wet earth by the sea. 

what happened?

she sighs. "what always happens. i pushed too far and - can i come in?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 3:14:18 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]perhaps it would be wiser to turn her away, to set professional boundaries between the councilwoman and the advisor, but the thought fades instantly, discarded like trash.

he nods, inviting her into his home, and leading them through lonesome halls chalked full of stone history and into his study.

a fire burns, providing warmth and light in the otherwise dark room. he gestures to the couch, past a shelf with fine alcohol, and makes a conscious decision not to offer her a drink unless she asks.

"do you want to talk about it?"
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 3:30:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she wants to pick it all up and start over again. no, that's not quite right. she wants to pick it all up and cut herself on the pieces. 

for a moment, she thinks he is going to deny her, but the thought vanishes. the breath she'd been holding comes out in a short exhale. 

these halls are not unknown to her, but the memories are hazy, dim as childhood memories now, made way for more important things like her survival in a post-apocalyptic world. it makes her sad, this realization.

she's grateful for the fire, cold as she is. something about not having an appetite makes it hard to stay warm. 

"no," she says. "yes."

she perches on the edge of the couch, as though ready to bolt at a moment's notice.

"i know this isn't fair to ask, but...am i hard to love?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 9:13:48 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]she perches on the edge of the couch and he does the same by the desk, pushing research and notes out of the way before turning to look at her.

her question is met with a brief chuckle and a pause.

"it isn't fair, no."

he crosses his arms over his chest.

"how honest do you want me to be?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 13:53:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the back of her tongue craves the warm bite of whiskey, but she doesn't ask for any. she's never had an addictive personality. not with standard vices, at least. 

just lies and dreams. 

she blinks and offer a sad, soft smile at his laughter. 

"no more lies," she says. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 10:36:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]like a trained politician, he avoids giving her a straightforward response, knowing that the truth delivered in that manner, as blunt or honest as it may be, would only hurt her more.

"you're passionate, really passionate, and stubborn and prideful and loving." he speaks from the heart, genuine and honest. "but i think deep down you're afraid of getting hurt...of losing people as you have before...and that causes you to isolate yourself."

as she has done before and will likely do again.

"what happened with ?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 19:59:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's easy to know this. it's easy to be told this. plain, objective analysis. but words aren't flesh and bone; they aren't the nuances or complications of her pain. her teeth grit and she forces herself to listen, to know that he is telling the truth, because he loves her and he would not lie to her. 

she drops her face in her hands when he asks and shudders. messy starlit hair slips over her shoulders. 

"i left. we had a fight and i left and i wish i could have stayed, but i can't. couldn't. he won't have me as i am. gods, alex, i've put him through the ringer."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 3:29:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]she shudders and he can feel his defenses starting to drop. the urge rises to reach out and comfort her but he refrains for now, choosing to fill the distance with more words.

"i saw differently at dinner," as much as it pains him to say, "you two looked as though you were one. aligned, connected, and together."

he asks,

"what changed?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 3:35:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

his comfort would not bring her solace, even if she thinks she wants it now, in this moment. when she is so freshly alone and her bones had ached to carry her to someone else, but she'd shouldered that too and thought no, no, i can't do that to her again. 

"nothing did. and that's the problem. i can't change." her voice is somewhat muffled now, smothered by her hands, the pads of her fingers pressing into her eyes, willing the salt to stay away. 

"because i don't know who i am - " without my ghosts.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 7:52:48 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"can't or won't?"

because she has changed—the extent possible, he's not too sure. perhaps she is held back by the ghosts of her past; by grief too heavy for one person to bear.
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 1:18:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

can't change what happened to her. 

can't change what she did to him. 

can't change her duty. can't change her loyalty. can't change her oath. can't let herself down. can't let elisabeth get to him. can't let him fall. 

won't tell him. won't let him in. 

what if he sees her and he hates her for protecting him? what if he sees the thing he turned her into, the thing she let him turn her into, and he cannot look her in the eye? what if he sees her for the horrid thing she is?

she can't - won't - answer. 

"what do i do, alex? i feel like i've lost my home all over again."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 12:30:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"i don't know, freya."

he admits with a quiet sigh.

"i'm not sure what you're expecting, but i can't give you an answer. the most i can do is listen. so, let me ask you this."

"what do you want from me?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
wayward
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 5:31:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

of course he doesn't have an answer, but gods, she wishes he did. she wishes there was some...fix for it all. but they've been ignoring the tangled, writhing worms for too long and no amount of careful picking apart can unwind what she's done. 

"your company," she says and draws in on herself, looking away. 

"i couldn't go to ." 

i wanted to.

i want to.

but she would repeat past mistakes and hurt eva all over again and she can't stand the thought of making her relive those ghosts. 

"can i stay? on your couch tonight? i'll - i'll figure something out tomorrow. i just...need somewhere to stay. and not be alone." her words are slow, painfully forced. shame sits hot and red on her neck, scores her cheeks.