[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

SKY PILLAR[break]✥ LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1102470275758567474/meglal.mp3[/player][break]
Ultra Megalopolis - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
[break]

A RUINED CITY IN ULTRA SPACE. It is unclear whether this is a different universe's Ultra Megalopolis or smaller colony. Regardless, it is a dark city with intermittent sections of flickering, artificial light... Large, black prism-like skyscrapers loom above flat black streets. Much ruin has fallen here, but you get the sense that you're not alone...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 16 encounter pokemon who have been displaced here. some of these pokemon have been corrupted into SHADOW POKEMON who use NON-LEGENDARY SHADOW MOVES.
  • 17 encounter a large section of the city that has been destroyed. rubble stretches all the way until the city's perimeter, which looks out into a view of what seems to be space.
  • 20 the city's tallest tower, lesser megalo tower, may occasionally flicker with a blinding light. every time the light turns on, the crazed megalopolans will attempt to flock toward it.
  • 21 visit the lesser megalo tower and its first floor. there are no staircases to the upper floors, just an malfunctioning elevator. there are doors to empty custodial rooms, offices, and makeshift living quarters that may or may not contain threats inside.
  • 🗺️ utilize mew in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: & will be able to encounter and catch a GUZZLORD or BLACEPHALON (one or the other). they may be armored or embedded with BLACK METAL &/OR SPARKLING STONES. this material may allow them to unleash devastating Z-MOVES, which makes their subduing and/or capture notoriously difficult. afterward, the material will fall from their bodies as defunct scraps.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: IA #3
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 7:52:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]back in the lesser megalo tower, the elevators remain functional enough to take them up. this time, they stop at floor four: cubicles that make up an office stamp across the entire floor.

he peruses through one of the desks, reading a note dimly illuminated by his rotom.

"not sure why this would be in an office, but this says how ultra beasts were smaller beings many centuries ago."

he speaks over his shoulder.

"i wonder how they evolved."

or why.

30 reach floors 2-4 of the lesser megalo tower. these floors are pitch-black containing extremely violent and maddened megalopolans hiding among the debris. moving to a higher floor will require repair of the elevator in the future.

31 in lesser megalo tower or anywhere else in the city, encounter documentation, notes, or stories describing or illustrating how ultra beasts were smaller beings many centuries ago.
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 1:34:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she observes him from her perch on one of the forgotten desks, one leg crossed over the other as her boots dangle.

"this could be what remains of their research department."

an idle comment, though she doubts it's far from accurate. given the paperwork, this floor instills a familiar sense of knowledge in her body.

"there's a few possibilities behind their growth."

her nose scrunches through careful consideration of each.

"if i had to guess, i'd say either a predatory species superior to them forced them to adapt and become stronger or larger... or maybe a change in the environment - energetically, i'd guess."

though... why is the question that will continue to elude her. with a hum, she spares him another glance before looking toward the elevator doors.

"think it's safe to go back down?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 10:02:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"from all that i have read on this world so far, it seems your theory is likely to be correct. the ultra beasts must have evolved to combat against a predator, something above them in the food chain, but perhaps they didn't evolve fast enough."

he says as he peruses through more notes, consuming as much as he can with the little amount of time they have.

"nor did the megalopolans."

her question is met with a nod, and without even turning to look at her, he responds:

"should be, but i'd like a few more minutes if that's okay."
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 4:51:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"they were always doomed as a civilization, then."

evolution is not forgiving. it will not wait for you to get your shit together before it rocks you entirely. perhaps, in the end, that is what occurred in this place.

a nod follows and she settles a little further into the firmness of the desk.

"okay."

her eyes drift toward the door and for good measure, her golurk is released to provide company and cover.

"i'll keep an eye out, then."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 8:07:09 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"are we equally doomed, then?"

the grimness of their situation is not lost on him. the similarities are there: threats that are beyond their control and power forcing them to adapt in order to survive. they've managed so far, but how long will it be until they trip and fall behind?

when they're done with lesser megalo tower, they head back out into the desolate streets to head back to the rift, though this time they're forced on an unfamiliar route due to swarming megalopolans.

he shares an observation.

"these canyons don't look particularly safe."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 8:15:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she does not hesitate with her answer:

"yeah, i think we are."

they don't dwell on the concept much more for the tower is abandoned in the quest for finding more.

and in the landscape, canyons spread across the city. they're odd, unnatural in a way she can't place.

"i don't think canyons are supposed to be within a city..."

her eyes dart toward him for a moment before retreating.

"be careful."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 14:49:30 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"no, they aren't. it reminds me of the incident in mossdeep a few years ago when the ultra beast attacked."

in fact, the debris around them are eerily similar, and as soon as he makes the connection, the ground beneath them begins to tremble.

"something's coming."

his rotom zips up into the air to let loose an OMINOUS WIND, setting the scene as a GUZZLORD crashes into the scene.

27 make use of vast of debris-based canyons, valleys, or tunnels created by guzzlord having eaten through city districts.

28 encounter gargantuan guzzlord who devour anything or anyone without discrimination. occasionally intriguing items, or disturbing remnants from their meals can be found on or between their teeth.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 5:09:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as he points out similarities, the ground begins to rumble... as if something heavy is approaching.

despite herself, she steps closer to half hide herself behind him. a habit, perhaps.

her golurk joins his rotom and readies itself as a guzzlord all but crashes into full view. she gasps and if alex was close enough, she'd dig nails into his arm out of sudden fear.

"holy shit."

it's massive...

and as the guzzlord mashes its teeth together, she swears she can see blood, flesh, and random objects stuck between the gums. she gags at the sight.

her golurk, thankfully, is not as deterred by the ultra beast. it begins to conjure up shadows and launches them at the approaching guzzlord, attempting to use z-move: never-ending nightmare to slow it down or trap it.

somewhere behind illeana, however, a clown slowly creeps into the scene... is it friend or foe?

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 7:31:35 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the grotesque sight sends shivers down his spine but it isn't enough to frighten him. he has seen and lived through far worse.[break][break]

"there's no point fighting it."[break][break]

he says over the road of battle as his rotom engages it with a CONFUSE RAY, looking to buy them enough space.[break][break]

"move!"

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#649187!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 2:52:33 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he doesn't have to tell her twice for her body is already jolting into movement. her golurk retreats quickly behind her and they dart around a corner to buy some time.

"we need cover or something."

anything to get away from that thing...

in the background, the clown creeps closer. something about it seems almost curious of the pair, as if they're a new toy it wants to play with. and without much to do, it bides its time in the shadows, watching and waiting as they sort out their next move.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 4:58:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

they have drawn the attention of other threats, megalopolan and ultra beast included, as he can hear the flurry of footsteps growing louder and louder, meaning they direly have to get away or risk their lives.[break][break]

"to our right!"[break][break]

the clown is joined by more, making it close to a circus. his rotom zips back around to let loose a THUNDER WAVE, slowing them down enough for a pokeball to capture one. rotom picks it up and makes its way back over to him.[break][break]

"we're almost there!"[break][break]

up ahead, the exit back to hoenn awaits them.[break][break]

p6i9SRWj

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#649187!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 5:13:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she follows his lead blindly, stumbling through debris-filled streets. behind her, the blacephalon follows, a smile on its non-existent lips.

for some reason unknown to the scientist, the clown has taken a liking to her. it continues to follow and explode megalopolans if they get too close to the retreating trainers.

a stray blast from an approaching ultra beast, however, clips her side. she hisses, tripping over her feet into the welcoming arms of the blacephalon as it lurches forward to her rescue. she gasps, startle bleeding through her expression.

"oh."

somehow, it doesn't explode its own head. instead... its grip on her arms tightens before it tugs her along. she releases mew somewhere along the way and asks for a favor to help them through.

"phantom force."

the remaining megalopolans blocking the exit are knocked out by the resulting phantom force, their barely held together bodies splattering against pavement. she doesn't look back.