awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nomination
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 0:36:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando is many things and not all of them good. when the e-mails comes to both of the council members to meet up, fernando is both curt and vague about their agenda. the only details he provides is a mention of the elite four initiative that he's drafted and presented to . naturally, kim and freya received their copy of the .pdf at the time but things have changed. the version sent out was a rough draft and only a high level idea of where to push in the future.

rocket is dead.

slateport is alive, crippled but alive.

the future is now and this time fernando's ironed out all the kinks. well, most of that credit should go towards the commissioner. someone as anal as him caused the criteria to be too stiff. it is dahlia and her emphasis on keeping things simple and smooth that allows them to find their respective candidates. fernando stands in line at an empty shwarma shop because the shack is both empty and well-regarded. the lack of life in slateport makes it all the more important to support small, local businesses. economic stability is uncertain and having members of the council in public bodes well for moral support.

a slowking stands behind him, folder in hand, staring at the menu contemplatively. fernando orders four meals and gives little thought to the other council member's preference. he waits for the kitchen to deliver his food, glancing at his watch as he patiently waits for their arrival. a notification beeps on his smartwatch and he pets the comfey bracelet strung a few inches further up on his forearm, using the light touch of his index finger to praise the fairy pokemon with a loving touch.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
nomination
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 2:03:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]footage had gotten out. grainy, sometimes incoherent footage, of what had happened at mossdeep. one of the clips had shown lyune, wing flayed, rendered immobile. crippled. 

so it's a sight to see when she arrives atop his back, flanked by both dragonair, both alive and well. she leans into the brace had gifted her, switching gears to steady his wing in the air. people point as they approach. it's mostly construction workers at this point; civilians whose homes hadn't been too damaged in the crossfire and aftermath are beginning to relocate. 

she lands in as populated an area as she can manage without putting too much strain on her gargantuan dragon. a few cameras flash and freya kicks her heel down, helps lyune raise his wing. let them look. let them photograph. let them see that we won't be beaten.

eventually she dismounts, pats him lovingly on the cheek before returning him to his ball. people greet her, thank her, demand her time, question what will they do? what are they going to do now?

she promises answers soon. aeris and sypha help her get through the small crowd and down the street. some follow. others lose interest. 

there's a small gaggle behind her as she walks through the door and joins the councilman at his table. she nods towards him, says, "councilman," in regards and waits for their third to show. 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
nomination
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 4:17:01 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim had already been in Slateport, assisting and providing directions where both were needed. When the time neared for them to meet up he would finish his business and make his way over towards the meetup location, leaving his more evolved pokemon to help where he had left off.

His presence is known, normalized to these people. They greet him as a friend, a familiar face, a trusted ally, and keep their distance, smiles and waves sent his way with the occasional photo snapped of him. He would not be given the same treatment as Freya, a rarity in comparison to himself.

Once he had arrived he’d nod to the other two, a smile situated nicely onto his lips.

How are you two doing?

He’d look between them then to the location, eyeing out where they would be talking business. Honestly, it wasn’t the worst place Fernando could’ve picked, hat’s off to him for thinking on more than one plain, really.

//

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nomination
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 9:09:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] freya is the first to arrive among the two to arrive and fernando cannot say that he's surprised. his smile is met with a nod of acknowledgement and his face softens, if only for appearances. it's been a while since he's personally met with councilman morningstar but that's a burden that comes with the position.

"councilman morningstar."

kim cole makes the last of them and fernando reciprocates under the optimism notion that they'll be able to get something done.

"busy, tired, but well nonetheless. i hope you two are hungry."

he says that not because he's interested but because he can hear the step from the kitchen grow louder as an employee comes out from the back. she's holding a plastic bag with four styrofoam boxes inside that contains their lunch. playing the safe way, fernando opted for the four most popular dishes on the menu and ordered one of each. "your order is ready," she calls out and fernando accepts the bag with a soft thanks and placing a small bundle of small bills in the tip jar seated on the front counter.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
nomination
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 15:15:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"much the same," she says as kim takes a seat beside them. they all look tired, kim less so, but freya just accounts that to the fact that the man is a walking catalog model. 

she takes one of the boxes from fernando at random and flips it open. her stomach grumbles. garlic tickles her nose, no doubt from the sauce steaming off some chicken shawarma. she delves into the salad beside it first, eyeing the spiced potatoes and rice as she does so. 

she takes a bite, chews, swallows. "so here we are in slateport. i haven't had a chance to talk to you since things went down in verdanturf."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
nomination
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 16:03:55 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The emptiness of his stomach was almost audible, the councilman having kept himself busy enough to ward off any pangs that would arise. But to admit that he began salivating the moment he took a step into the mall- where a variety of smells met his nose- would be improper.

Though he would allow, “I’m starving.” to be said, hands rubbing together after squirting a few dabs of hand sanitizer into an open palm.

When the food arrived, he’d quickly swipe a plate, assuming that whatever Fernando had ordered was to be shared among the three of them, a fourth plate uncared for as long as he got his own.

When the box was opened he’d be greeted by the savory smell of the shawarma, forced to take a gulp as he grabbed the partially foil wrapped… wrap in both hands.

The first bite he took of the chicken and vegetable filled delight was absolutely divine, his eyes averting to Freya and silently questioning why she would waste her time with the salad of all things.

Said questioning would be tossed to better listen to the conversation that had presented itself thanks to the indomitable miss morningstar.

//

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nomination
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 4:05:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] it's only suitable for the host to pick last. fernando waits for both kim and freya to grab their box of choice, content with letting them swap out for a different one should they be uninterested in the contents of the one they picked. only after both council members start to dig into their food does he pick on. a press of his thumb causes the lid to come loose and he takes the tin foil wrapped shawarma and hands it over to his slowking. the pokemon lets out an enthusiastic yelp as it takes a big bite into the mix of meat, vegetables, and thick flatbread.

"i'm alive and silas is dead. not the cleanest operation but i believe that means lunch is on you next time, kim."

the council may face a new slew of issues but their personality doesn't change. fernando's sarcasm swings in a more playful joking manner if only because there's no longer a need to be snide. the pressure of an unknown enemy is different than a looming threat. while the thought of mossdeep terrifies him, there's no predicting something of that scale.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
nomination
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 14:10:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the recount he gives her is brief and to the point, but rather than believe he's dodging her question, she chalks it up to the most likely scenario: silas is in the past now and fernando seeks only to move forward. 

she can admire such a straightforward manner of thinking. though she's sure that none of them truly believe rocket has disappeared for good--cockroaches can't be killed so easily--there are more pressing issues at hand. 

like the discussion of who should hold a seat of power in light of these new threats. 

she turns to kim. "before we get to the matter at hand, i need to know." her eyes soften. "how goes the reconstruction of slateport? the people?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
nomination
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 15:29:26 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A free hand gives Fernando the universal symbol for o.k., Kim’s other hand holding his food and mouth too filled to give a verbal answer.

When Ferya had finally spoken to him, he was mid-way through biting into the wrap, pulling back and giving a proper answer before continuing to enjoy the generously gifted lunch.

-Reconstruction is going well. I’ve been going around and peeping in on every operation that’s been going on in the city and I’ve even seen citizens helping out where they can. Cleaning graffiti, picking up litter, clearing out ransacked shops, honestly, it’s pretty inspiring.

He smiles a bit, looking at the two of them briefly as he continued on.

I’m supposed to be giving them a boost in morale and here they are giving it to me. It makes me want to work a little harder to give people a place to call home again.

A chuckle escapes, Kim setting down the warm schwarm and grabbing a napkin to wipe any forlorn grease from his hands.

//

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nomination
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2019 7:44:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando lets out a hearty exhale at kim's answer, grateful but pleased by his sentiments. "glad to hear that. has put all hands on deck toward restoring slateport. we estimate to be on schedule for reopening within the next three weeks." he grabs the folder from his preoccupied slowking and opens it up to view the contents. "everything is slowly coming together we'll have to transition from being reactive to proactive."

he pauses, licking the tip of his thumb to help flicker between pages. he goes through a few sheets before looking to clean some room at the table for him to lay them down. he doesn't yet, but looks for an opportune moment to break into their next subject between the council member's chewing and eating.

"dahlia also finished outlining all potential candidates for the elite four initiative. i've included a detailed biography of their tenure with the league as well as their exploits. i have my own opinions on them but wanted yours as well before dahlia instates them into their new seats."

a collection of trainers profile litter the table. among them are , , , , , .

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
nomination
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 4:09:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!
[attr="class","reward2"]you three receive the following: 10 pokedollars. 1 infamy!
[break]