awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
i'm home [ invite | fernando ]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2019 23:15:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando feels his reply catch in his throat. it itches and delves into a heaving cough. her suggestion is uncouth and fernando judges her for it, brows knotted together in an expression that paints the perfect picture of his innermost thoughts, strewn on the canvas that's dotted with his signature narrowed eyes.

"i'm okay," he answers simply. there's no need to further entertain the idea. fernando has his own issues and they form the bed he'll lie in. on some nights, it won't be alone, but he'd like to keep that knowledge to himself, bundled in his own jar of personal issues.

"i'm married to my work. i'll carry on the family legacy so that you can live freely, living the life you wanted." he smiles to himself, caught in the fake satisfaction that comes from a heartfelt lie. "you're more whimsical than me. it's about time the songbird set off to fly free."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
to be a flower you need rainy days.
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2019 1:07:37 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","starrybase"]
[attr="class","leavestop"]
[attr="class","starrytop2"]
but i'm not afraid of love

[attr="class","leavestext"]she worried for him. it's not as if she hasn't heard the whispers and murmurs about his availability, and let's not get her started on the thought fernando being into 'men'. when you're an eligible bachelor who's yet to be seen with a girl, people talk. her want to help find a potential lover was clearly rejected.

"you remind me so much of this comic book character i read from a book that i took out of kyle's hand." a hero, eligible bachelor with a secret, and filthy rich? you'd think they based the character off of fernando. "this isn't about me." trust her, she's been in the limelight enough. "though, i can't talk. it's not as if i have experience myself, but it's different for girls--idols even." like her brother she, too, once held a cavalier attitude toward dating.

sadly, she couldn't say she still did. not with the crush she had. though she wouldn't get her hopes up, if anything she simply assumed kyle saw her as a younger sibling. men were so oblivious.

"come now, big brother, you need a break from the office." she'd turn toward fernando. heels clicking with each step taken. "there must be something you wish to do other than remain cooped up within your office. i'm sure dahlia wouldn't mind if you took time off every now and then..." a small smile formed, followed by a giggle. covering her mouth, she thought about a potential relationship between dahlia and fernando. what a silly thought to cross er mind. "and while we're speaking of dahlia, how's your relationship with her by the way?"

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-heartbeat"]
[attr="class","ooc"]
(:
[attr="class","himestarcreds"]©KOJIHIME

[GoogleFont=Raleway|Ubuntu|Roboto|Montserrat]
[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/8K2NK0J/ezgif-2-e8d82101def7.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestext b]color:#f07777;font:bold 11px arial[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:655px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2019 6:27:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] another mention of and fernando can't help but wonder how close the two are. while his impression of lopez shifts between positive and neutral, kyle's rise to fame shouldn't have accelerated to the point of falling hand in hand with evelyn. their friendship transcends his sudden infamy, at least fernando presumes as much.

the mention of taking time off resonates with a common sentiment by those who know him. it reminds him of the advice from @nash however hearing it from someone closer to him only reiterates the point. unfortunately, neither's opinion will mend fernando's stubbornness. he only entertains songbird's sway on him out of consideration for her feelings. his own decision is absolute. rest is for the weary and he can continue on.

the mention of dahlia however causes him to break out in laughter. something about asking permission for a break amuses him. nothing could be more far off from the truth. fernando may dabble on the thought of retiring but his servitude is to himself only. the obligation to act lies in his palm and to sequester that from him is nothing short of a joke.

"we're colleagues," he states plainly. it's hard to formulate an opinion of someone you hardly meet. they may interact through electronics and paperwork but when was the last time fernando had the chance to share a moment with the commissioner. fernando can't remember. the stint in rustboro comes to mind but that feels so long ago. surely they've done something since then.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2019 8:14:38 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar

[attr="class","leavestext"]"mm, colleagues?" a head craned from his response. it's no surprise that their relationship would remain professional, what was she thinking? "i don't know what i was expecting from taunting you with that." a quick titter was given. "you hardworking adults can sure be a bore sometimes." a soft smile worn, she'd ask, "fernando silph, do you even know what the meaning of 'fun' is? and don't say your work." honestly, what were even his hobbies outside of work. if she were asked she could give him practically ten things. "you have assistants for a reason, go outside and have a battle or something! go have an ice cream, enjoy the sun!"

taking the palm of his left hand with both of her hands. she'd place them upon the center of her chest. "as your sister you've got to understand that i worry about you." and kyle, but that was none of his business. "you remind me of this idiot i know of--somewhat...you both have different work ethics. but they're pretty cool, in their own way, and strong!" an idea, then, came to her! "you love battling, right? is that fun for you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
(:

[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/8K2NK0J/ezgif-2-e8d82101def7.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:655px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2019 21:35:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Do you even know what fun is? That's a question he hears more often than he should and every time he does it grates on him a little more. had been the first to start the annoying trend and even then Fernando could not find a reply that satisfied his fellow councilman. Instead of addressing it head on, he deflects, smiling as he stares back at Evelyn.

"Spending time with you is fun." His voice trails off and Fernando stands there in contemplative thought, eyes dulling as he mentally checks out. "There are certain things I can't trust other people to do. The most reliable hands will always be your own," he recites aimlessly. He actually puts his mind to Songbird's suggestion and it isn't until she takes up his hand does he snap out of it.

"I'll be okay," he reassures, forcing his smile to widen. "But I do enjoy a good, challenging battle."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2019 9:02:22 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar

[attr="class","leavestext"]it was like talking to a parent. why'd she even try, he was like a brick wall--unmovable. "which is why you'd make the perfect gym leader!" unrelenting, she wouldn't release his hand. "or what about hosting a pokemon league? i know the people have been waiting for something like that to happen." releasing his hand she'd twirl, "i can even perform! oh the people would be so overjoyed. with all the tragedy that's befallen as of late i..." she'd look toward fernando, "i think it'd really do some good--like the beach festival! we need another event to raise this regions spirit!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
idk what i just wrote

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 6:33:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"We have a Pokemon League," Fernando answers quietly. "The issue is that people in Hoenn seem uninterested in challenging others for glory." Out of the four most decorated trainer in Hoenn, only two seem to have a real thirst for victory, beholden by the multiple badges that line their resume. The sight of Songbird prancing around accentuates her attitude and Fernando can't help but fall for her suggestion. The line about being a Gym Leader had already been on the back burner but for ulterior purposes.

"A festival would do some good. Did you have anything specific in mind? I feel like the winter contest were a hit."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 3:54:16 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar

[attr="class","leavestext"]"than make them interested, fernando." she replied earnestly. he was the sibling to an entertainer, it was her job to create things like. her duty was all about putting on a show. "you've come to the right person." she responded to his inquiry on her input.

"pokemon battling is something that should be enjoyed, be it winning or losing. being with pokemon should be fun in any aspect. i feel like the people need to be reminded of that, and that should be our job." there was so much in the news involving the black market. poaching of pokemon, hunting them for sport. there were so many illegal and horrific things on the news about pokemon being harmed, misused, or stolen. "it's the leagues job to show the trainers of tomorrow that pokemon are more than just tools." hands intertwined with one another, she'd say, "we should have a pokemon olympics! something geared toward all kinds of trainer classes! to show our appreciation and love for the pokemon we raise. give back to them for their hard work!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
idk what i just wrote

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2019 22:09:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "That's easier said than done," he muses to himself, laughing lightly despite the very real issue plaguing the region. "It's hard to understand what everyone wants when everyone wants something different. I'm not as encouraging as you, Eve."

Her suggestion to cherish Pokemon and what they mean to people strikes a chord, one that Fernando does not necessarily agree with, but one that he can get behind considering the sentiments of the general populace. To them, Pokemon are both partners and friends, a bond that can serve as the basis of their theme. "An olympics... That's not a bad idea."

It'll have to be one he explores later. With how chaotic Hoenn is, it'll never give him a chance.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]