Calpurnia Kubrick
Nothing Sygnaficant [Temp]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 22:55:07 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calpurnia"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Manicured nails clack away at a plastic-covered keyboard. Each keystroke is another step toward expanding upon the theory in front of them. “Hm.” The woman focuses on the graphs in front of her for a moment. It appears the shift isn’t strong enough. [break][break]

Violet eyes lift to the young lab assistant beside her. “Run it again.” A brief breath signaled what might have been a hesitation. “I did not stutter, Darrell.” She waved a hand airily at the stuttering waste of flesh. "The rat will be fine.”[break][break]

A direct reference to the Rattata caged in front of them. A numbered tattoo on its side marked it as number 337. Its plexiglass cube was connected to a strange piece of fabric. Something that those familiar with Sygna suits would have recognized as a swatch of fabric. Something clicked behind them. In its cage, the rodent gritted its teeth, aware of what was to come. “Dial the extractor up to eight. Then, the flip was switched.[break][break]

The boxes began to glow. For a moment, there was nothing. Just a few sparks from the other end. Then, the creature began to squeak. Even through the box, its muted cries were audible. “RATATTATAAAA!” Calpurnia’s eyes dropped back to her computer as she kept track of some readings. The Pkemon’s heart monitor sped up as the time ticked forward.[break][break]

To Number 337, these minutes felt like an eternity. At the scientist’s feet, a Purrugly purred with almost sadistic delight. She drew a high-heeled shoe gently across the feline's back.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Truly believes the ends justify the means[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calpurnia]--accent:#D6579D;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calpurnia]font:11px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 23:50:35 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest had welcomed himself into the lab where had been experimenting just a few minutes ago. It was enough to make him pause, greedy eyes taking in the scene before him. The woman herself, tapping away at a computer. A Rattata being blasted with some strange energy in a clear container. He didn't flinch as he watched it scream in pain, fleck of spit and froth falling from opened mouth.[break][break]

Eventually the machine flickered into dormancy, leaving the Rattata collapsed on it's side. A string of saliva pooled on the floor of it's cage, the pokemon heaving and shivering from whatever it had just experienced.[break][break]

Tempest flicked his eyes from the pokemon to the woman, clearing his throat to draw attention as he fully stepped into the room.[break][break]

"Apologies for interrupting, Miss Kubrick." Tempest could, at least, give her a slightly apologetic look at that. "I was hoping to ask you a few questions."[break][break]

A jump drive, plain and black, was offered to her.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
This vessel is a lie, a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 2:48:46 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
The woman noticed the intruder, but she did not call attention to him. Calpurnia knew he would reveal the reason for his visit soon enough. There was certainly no reason to rush it. That just made you look desperate. And, well, no one could ever remember her seeming that way. Except for her silly little lost puppy of a beau, of course. [break][break]

A sharp gesture followed. “That’s enough.” The machine went dormant. Manicured nails typed resolutely at the keyboard. Apparently, this month’s work only resulted in an incremental improvement over last month’s. But—since this wasn’t a circuit—it’d be silly to expect to double the output so soon. “Return 337 to his enclosure.” The word cage gave some of her silly billies indigestion. “Give him extra rations.” This last sentence coincided with Tempest’s cough. “And go enjoy your lunch.” [break][break]

One of the other scientists, a girl, seemed about to protest. An asskisser trying to make herself useful by doing the opposite. Now.” Once the nosey little bastards left, Calpurnia turned to face Tempest. “Oh, you could never interrupt Mister Quinn. It’s just routine testing.” Prim hands reached for the black drive. “For me?” She cooed. “It’s not even my birthday.” She smirked—the expression wicked and hungry.
[break][break]

Her chair rocked backward as the giant cat at her feet pushed his way out from beneath his desk. His lavender fur stuck up in jagged little clumps. He began to rub himself against Tempest’s leg as the drive was slotted into place. She clicked the file open.

NOTES

Sends the kids away so mommy and daddy can talk[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calpurnia]font:11px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 2:04:41 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Formatted files of research- his own research- would be offered in neat folders for . Some of it she may have already seen in official Rocket servers, but most of it was edited or with extra details. Most of it was High Rank stuff she wouldn't normally have access or simply had never been uploaded at all.[break][break]

All of it was about Infinity Energy, specifically how it manifested in Avatars but with wide stretches in between. The most interesting of it all was... a prototype. A serum it seemed he had been trying to synthesize with little success as of yet. It was unclear what this serum was for from the notes, however.[break][break]

"It's still impolite of me; I like to let people know I'm coming." It's more proper than what most might expect, especially for someone known as Beast and not Underboss or Admin. But Tempest had always been an odd duck. After a moment, he finds a spare chair and pulls it out to sit on. The metal creaks under his weight.[break][break]

"I was hoping to pick your brain about Sygna Suits. I think there's a link to finishing up my... project."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 13:21:36 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
The hunger in her eyes is palpable. It would not be hard to imagine Calpurnia licking her chops as she stares at the screen before her. In those file names, a hundred different mysteries beckoned to her. But she makes no move to sate that curiosity. It is a weaker woman who’d give so obviously into temptation. As they open up the indicated files, the scientist quickly skims them. [break][break]

“And rob me of a surprise? Heavens no! Arceus knows how many of those I have left! I'm positively ancient!“ Full lips tilt slightly upward. But, though her tone was full of levity, there was an edge to her eyes. Only she was allowed to crack jokes like that. Only boors brought up a lady's age. “This errand of yours far more interesting than shock testing a rat.” A mother to five and what felt like a dozen more immature colleagues, there were few days where she was allowed to focus. And, if the interrupting party was entertaining, there’d be no need to protest.[break][break]

As she closes one document, she quickly pirouettes to another. “I see.” Bored of this human nonsense, Purrseus disappears beneath the desk. From his angle, Tempest can see the oversized donut bed the cat calls home. “Well, you certainly came to the right place, love.” Now, there’s a cold edge to her smile. “But we both knew that, didn’t we?” He wouldn’t be here otherwise.
[break][break]
There’s another flash of predatory interest in her eyes. It seems even this little bit of information has the gears turning. But she’ll keep her guesses to herself. There’s no reason to play games when you might rig it in your favor. She grabs for her glass as she leans forward. It’s almost as if she’s sharing gossip with a gal pal. “Do go on.”

NOTES

Not my best Kelpie post, but it's better to have one than to not.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 5:16:39 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Ancient? Really?" The surprise lingered in his voice but he wouldn't press. Tempest knew better than to ask a woman her age. Calpurnia didn't look much older than himself but it was better to not risk it. Not even a Beast could stop a raging lady who had been scorned.[break][break]

The woman before him smiles like a shark. Tempest finds he likes her more for it; it reminds him of the brief memories of his mother.[break][break]

"I only wanted to reach out to the best." Is offered. Motioning to the file for the serum, Tempest allow Calpurnia time to open and look through his failed iterations and notes from each.[break][break]

"I think I can make something that can nullify Avatars. Avatarship is just a constant juicing of Infinity Energy into a suitable host... if we can cut that off..." Tempest trailed off, allowing the woman to fill in the gaps on her own. He trusted she was smart enough to do so.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON May 10, 2024 15:16:13 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Again, Tempest proved himself to be a smart man. He neither contradicted nor indulged her. Instead, he left the matter open-ended—inviting her to land on whichever side she wished. Plump lips perk upward. “Oh, yes dear. I am positively ancient.” At the very least, five children made her feel that way. Perseus might have nine lives, but she felt like she was living six of them.
[break][break]

Then, he doubles down on the compliments. Calpurnia takes a moment to preen, quite tempted to toss the little twink a treat. “That tongue must be made of sterling, Mister Quinn.” It was refreshing to interact with such a well-spoken man. “Do keep it up.” As long as he was saying nice things, she was still in control.

[break][break]

Kelpie took the bait. A lover’s quarrel then? Or a sign that Lugia’s bond is not so magnanimous?
[break][break]

“They will be weaker than newborn Skitty.” The woman is quick to finish. For a moment, Calpurnia stared thoughtfully at the screen. Then, she began to click. With a click, she backed out a few layers. When was that paper done? July? September? She was pretty sure a lot of the research came from Rika. “Back when we finished Sygna development, we had to come up with something similar—” The principles of the two seemed quite alike on the surface.
[break][break]

As she dives deeper into the folder, the scientist turns to him. It’s not a shark’s smile this time but a serpent’s. All the dangers these pawns faced made it obvious why Tempest might be dabbling. Her next words will filled with an almost flippant, knowing fondness. “By the by, love, when will your dearly beloved lab Rattata be joining us?”

NOTES

I always forget how astute she is[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 7:06:23 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Your papers on the development of Sygna was what led me here. You're right in that they're suspiciously similar; a little more pushing and we could cut down the League where they stand." Yes, understood where he was coming from perfectly well.[break][break]

Then is brought into it. For a moment, Tempest's face goes carefully blank. He regards the woman across from him almost coldly, the sudden shift in mood icy. After a moment, though, he relaxes; whatever he had found in her serpent's smile or hidden between her words not rising anymore ire. Warmer, again, but his face is serious.[break][break]

"No, Cillian won't be joining us. I'd rather not risk damaging his powers unless forced."[break][break]

It hangs in the air for a moment. Brown eyes drift away from her for a moment, brows knitting in thought, before they raise back up to meet Calpurnia's again. Leaning in, he lowers his voice a bit. Even in the relative privacy they're in, it's clear these words are just for her. After a moment's hesitation, Tempest speaks.[break][break]

"I fear Avatarship may be hurting him."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights