[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

SKY PILLAR[break]✥ LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1102470275758567474/meglal.mp3[/player][break]
Ultra Megalopolis - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
[break]

A RUINED CITY IN ULTRA SPACE. It is unclear whether this is a different universe's Ultra Megalopolis or smaller colony. Regardless, it is a dark city with intermittent sections of flickering, artificial light... Large, black prism-like skyscrapers loom above flat black streets. Much ruin has fallen here, but you get the sense that you're not alone...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 36 encounter ultra wormholes that open up violently and randomly near you. they may bring other ultra beasts, inanimate materials, structures, or machines, or anything else within reasonable. they may also act as dangerous obstacles like black holes that attempt to suck you into their portals before closing. traveling into them would mean certain death— or at least, never being able to return.
  • 37 access floors 11-20. there, discover more hostile megalopolans and/or smaller ultra beasts. there are also rooms that feature defunct z-crystals in machines. presumably, they were used to help create artificial light and energy. lastly, there is a note that reads in megalopolan script: "ultra megalopolis has also fallen. there is no hope for us now. we are ruined."
  • 39 encounter a SHINY TAPU BULU that is either hostile to you during a rampage (for it is frustrated it can not grow vegetation here) or a temporary ally. it rings its bell to warn those who are nearby of its presence.
  • 40 encounter tampered z-crystals that are still active. using these z-crystals by crushing them will allow a chosen pokemon to temporarily assume a state similar to TOTEM POKEMON.
  • 🗺️ utilize a z-move in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: IA #5
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 12:14:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

back to the tower they go, remaining as persistent as NEVER-MELT ICE.[break][break]

"ultra megalopolis has also fallen. there is no hope for us now. we are ruined."[break][break]

he scrunches up the note after reading it aloud, pocketing it along with information they had already known. it is now up to them to prevent the same fate from befalling their world.[break][break]

looking around for illeana, he calls out:[break][break]

"did you find anything?"[break][break]

37 access floors 11-20. there, discover more hostile megalopolans and/or smaller ultra beasts. there are also rooms that feature defunct z-crystals in machines. presumably, they were used to help create artificial light and energy. lastly, there is a note that reads in megalopolan script: "ultra megalopolis has also fallen. there is no hope for us now. we are ruined."

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#649187!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 4:15:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"well, that doesn't sound good."

we are ruined... ominous, isn't it? she feels a small, blooming sense of dread.

and as his voice rings out from somewhere to her left, she catches sight of something... sparkly?

"yeah, i think so?"

her head turns to pinpoint his location before she's waving him over.

"looks like z-crystals."

something about them seems different than those that sit in nearby machines, inactive.

40 encounter tampered z-crystals that are still active. using these z-crystals by crushing them will allow a chosen pokemon to temporarily assume a state similar to TOTEM POKEMON.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 6:26:01 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"hopefully, we won't ever have to repeat those words for ourselves."[break][break]

seeing her wave him over, he approaches, and nods at her observation.[break][break]

"you're right...they look a bit odd, though."[break][break]

almost as though they've been tampered with. and before he can speak on it more, the space around them shifts, rippling once more to give way to a WORMHOLE that opens for a briefest of seconds.[break][break]

from it comes a SHINY TAPU BULU.[break][break]

instinctively, he steps in front of illeana.[break][break]

"...tapu bulu?"[break][break]

36 encounter ultra wormholes that open up violently and randomly near you. they may bring other ultra beasts, inanimate materials, structures, or machines, or anything else within reasonable. they may also act as dangerous obstacles like black holes that attempt to suck you into their portals before closing. traveling into them would mean certain death— or at least, never being able to return.[break][break]

39 encounter a SHINY TAPU BULU that is either hostile to you during a rampage (for it is frustrated it can not grow vegetation here) or a temporary ally. it rings its bell to warn those who are nearby of its presence.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 0:16:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as an ultra wormhole rips itself into fresh existence, she hears the faint sound of a bell ringing...

her head pokes out from behind alexander's shoulder a moment later to find a shiny tapu bulu staring at them.

"um..."

subconsciously, her hands root themselves in alex's shirt.

"is it...?"

going to attack them?

only time will tell, she supposes.

40 encounter tampered z-crystals that are still active. using these z-crystals by crushing them will allow a chosen pokemon to temporarily assume a state similar to TOTEM POKEMON.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 13:52:52 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it doesn't attack them, no, and for moments he wonders what it is exactly that it wants. but the more he looks at it, the more he's starting to understand its intentions. he sees the curiosity behind its eyes that almost seem to be innocent.[break][break]

pure, even.[break][break]

he raises a hand slowly, careful with the way he presses it to tapu bulu's head. it laughs, he laughs, and then it hovers back before ringing its bell.[break][break]

before doing much else, tapu bulu breaks out one of the windows, disappearing down into the darkness of lesser megalopolis.[break][break]

"how curious."[break][break]

he smiles, glancing back at illeana.[break][break]

"it's quite different from our tapu bulu, at least in terms of its nature."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 3:11:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"that's not the only difference."

aside from nature, it's color is of a different composition than its counterpart. in a way, she wonders if it's similar to that of 's zekrom... utilized as a tool by the megalopolans for a power source.

could they be altered down to their molecular structure in the same way? or was it a natural occurrence from an increased exposure to ultra space's energy?

the urge to investigate rises immediately before she swallows it back.

"this place has changed it, perhaps."

the theory is only slightly unfounded, but she's confident in the assessment all the same.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 14:48:27 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"or our universe changed ours."[break][break]

he knows he doesn't need to explain further to the geneticist that the difference in coloring comes down to the smallest change in their genome. more often than not, it comes down to dumb luck, though some may not call it that.[break][break]

some, a curse.[break][break]

he thinks outloud, sharing with .[break][break]

"i wonder what caused the variant exactly."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 6:25:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while his assessment might be correct, she finds little belief in it.

instead, she offers her own solution for the question:

"ultra space radiation."

's zekrom had the same odd color to it, spurred by experimentation at the hands of megalopolan generals. perhaps, in the end, tapu bulu is no different.

"i'm not entirely sure, though. i've seen it before, but this could simply be a natural occurrence instead."

there's no way to know without studying it further...

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 10:57:09 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"well, there's no way to know for certain without tapu bulu."[break][break]

and he's quite sure the deity is in no mood to assist them with such a request, at least not this one, and there's no point running tests on the one they do have back home.[break][break]

"i think we've learned enough for now. let's head back, rest, and return. we're almost at the top of the tower now."[break][break]

who knows what awaits them?[break][break]

K4|BD6al
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 17:55:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her shoulders roll easily through a shrugging motion.

"we could study our tapu bulu instead, but without this world's one... it'd be kind of pointless."

they'd need to compare and contrast results, after all, and she agrees with the concept of this tapu bulu being rather opposed to such a thing.

"okay, let's go."

she casts one last sweeping look toward lesser megalopolis before turning away, as if she's looking for something she won't find. they have another trip still waiting... perhaps she'll find it then.