March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Round Three: Shalin vs. Priam [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 6:04:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With her wounds mostly healed, Shalin felt comfortable signing up for the Vital City Tournament, if only to improve her combat skills. The war had made her realize how inadequate they were. She much preferred Ranger work, though as a Captain, she couldn't exactly pick her tasks.

The sheer efficiency that the tournament's healing machines operated at was a marvel of the event: they worked faster than ones at most Pokémon Centers, making sure the Pokémon were all in top shape for each round. This was going to be a long day: battle after battle. With them being only one Pokémon per side, at the very least they would be quick. As Shalin was sipping on a bottle of water, an announcement blared over the venue's loudspeakers:

"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round three. Pairings are up for round three."

Pulling up the list on her phone, she scrolled down to her name and found her opponent and her assigned arena number. That opponent was .

Shalin took her place on her assigned side of the battleground. "Good luck to you!" the Captain waved. "Don't recognize you from anywhere! Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro."

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{WC: 202}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill       ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 18:00:27 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"hiya!" he greets the captain. "nice to meet you! i'm priam, but feel free to call me blue. that's what my colleagues call me anyways and it kinda grew on me."

the sygna suit of his activates when his espeon comes out. the trainer, both in personality and style, doesn't seem to compliment an espeon's regal and lithe appearance, but one look is all it takes to see how comfortable both are with each other.

the psychic-type rubs itself against priam's legs before taking field. the match was about to start, and the pokemon knows its job for vital city tournament.

"i've been cultivating this special strat. hope ya let me test in today."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 19:15:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Great to meet you, Blue!" Shalin waved back. "And she's Queen Zing," she gestured toward the saddle-wearing Shiny Beedrill that would be the Espeon's opponent. "You're not the only one with a clever strategy to win. You know I'm 2-0 so far, right?" she grinned as the last few seconds of the pre-match timer counted down.

As the starting horn sounded, any banter would be drowned out by the menacing sound of Beedrill wings churning. The green wasp wasted no time, zipping toward the Espeon with her rear FELL STINGER extended. Were it to pierce the Espeon's purple fur, the Eeveelution would begin to feel a burning sensation from within.

rweUnygq

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 8:27:03 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"oh yeah?"

a bug-type against a psychic-type was bad, but it was also a poison-type. it's an even matchup, albeit volatile, but priam isn't here to do the math on the match.

he'd rather do the math on something else.

"let me show you my real strat! pay day!"

the espeon gets struck by the beedrill, but before it can fly away, a barrage of coins start to shower the insect, peppering it with loads of solid objects.

2a0YxwVc (+10)

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 18:26:31 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Managing to land the first blow, that glory would be short-lived, her close range leaving her open to being pelted by bright, red, gemstone-like objects. Several dented her carapace, making her compound eyes blink rapidly before she shook her head to refocus.

Knowing Starr, her own Espeon, she expected the purple Pokémon to be a master of ranged attacks. Queen Zing didn't fly away at all; instead, she buzzed loudly and menacingly, whipping up a TAILWIND whose purpose was not to speed her up. The aim was to fiercely vibrate her entire body, raising the rate at which her FELL STINGER pumped venom into the psychic-type and to make him as physically uncomfortable as possible.

DsLdDlAy

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 18:45:03 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the surge of coins from the espeon doesn't stop as its trainer keeps on cheering it on.

"go, go, espy! keep the pay day up!"

even as the psychic-type gets stung by the beedrill, the manifestation of coins doesn't stop. acting like little rocks, the pay day tries its best to deter the attacker from its assault.

n_ZWZb85 (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 20:05:01 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had been on the receiving end of nightmare matchups before. At last, she was on the giving end of one. There were few things that terrified psychic Pokémon more than the vibration of insect wings and the venom of their stings. Queen Zing had delivered both.

It would be far from a one-sided fight, the Espeon's weaponization of money batting the Beedrill back a safe distance. Sensing the wasp's urge to punish the Eeveelution, Shalin raised her right hand to her MEGA CIRCLET's Key Stone, both now bathed in the light of MEGA EVOLUTION.

Assuming her apex form, the green Beedrill held nothing back, using her four foreleg stings to launch a doubly dense barrage of TWINEEDLES upon Priam's partner.

D9qv54Rd+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 1:00:17 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
even if the beedrill had its own form of attacks similar to the approach priam is taking, his espeon has a way to go against it.

"pay day! pay day!"

the same attack doesn't stop, even if the previous hits have already proven ineffective.

the psychic-type enters a showdown of whose projectiles were more effective in taking down the enemy, but coins can only get you so far in a fight where the opponent wields weapons familiar to it.

dtB9jfSC (+10)
1/3 hp

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 1:34:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Was Priam in the tournament just to collect off his Espeon's PAY DAY, and not actually win matches? Strange. Then again, she was no stranger to the unusual; she was a walking anomaly herself, especially in her Sygna Suit. Her Beedrill wore s saddle, for Arceus' sake. Sitting between their wings had to be unfathomably loud, and the vibration had to be uncomfortable. She was just... built different, it seemed.

It did not take long for the red flag to be waved in Priam's direction, Shalin the winner of her third match in a row. What a hot start! In high spirits, she waved toward Priam, the girl quickly taking a seat in her Beedrill's saddle if Priam wanted a picture. "Thanks for the match!" she chirped, Queen Zing happy to crawl about with her trainer in tow.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 5:19:11 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"you too!"

he waves goodbye as they part ways, leaving priam with a beat up espeon and a bunch of coins on the ground.

shalin was right about his objective.

priam starts to collect the coins before the next users of that space starts to come.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 0:13:34 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: