vct: colin vs kyle

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 19:35:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The energy in the crowd was unmatched. They were here for a show and plenty of trainers seemed ready and willing to give them one. Colin was no exception. A flash of teeth in the form of a smile readied him for his next challenge. Once more unto the breach, a warm hand was extended to his opponent for the match. But as he extended a hand, he seemed a bit gobsmacked. Not necessarily starstruck? But a little surprised. Hoenn's Champion decided to show his head here? Well now he felt pretty amped.

"Yo, I'm Colin! Transfer Ranger from Kalos, please to make your acquaintance."

If and when Kyle accepted his handshake, it was returned firmly. Once he reached the other side of the arena meant for their battle, Colin drew his arm back and threw his pokeball forward, an eager Growlithe pouncing out of it. The pokemon gave a loud bark to let its trainer know that it was ready to battle.

notes
hp: 3/3
gimmick: Pokémon without gimmicks receive a +10 modifier on rolls that include the number 0. If 100 is rolled, they receive a +30 modifier.

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 20:01:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle reaches for the handshake.

"welcome to hoenn, then, colin," he greets the ranger. "lovely place. you're going to love it here."

a lot of people travel to hoenn for various reasons, most of them connected to the weird happenings throughout the region. had it been the case for colin, then hi words wouldn't have been ironic.

just as he was adjusting his sygna suit before releasing his poochyena, his eyes wander to the growlithe that his opponent takes out. it was almost love at first sight.

"oh, shit! your dog is cute." it was a shame their cute dogs would have to fight. "can i take pics of our doggies fighting?" he asks.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 20:08:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A mirthful laugh leaves his lips the moment that Kyle asks about taking photos. It was a really innocent question, so who was he to refuse? With a shrug of his arms, he spoke up so the brunette could hear him from the opposite side.

"Yeah man, absolutely!"

Once the buzzer sounded, Colin readied himself to strategize. Seemed Kyle was outfitted with a Sygna Suit, which didn't bode well, did it? But it was better to stare ahead of the danger and take it head on. With a reassuring thumbs up to his Growlithe, he gave the first move.

"Alright, let's start things off hot with FLAME WHEEL!"

The Growlithe soon charged forward, picking up the momentum as fire began to ignite around it.

lh|nB_qm

notes
hp: 3/3
gimmick: Pokémon without gimmicks receive a +10 modifier on rolls that include the number 0. If 100 is rolled, they receive a +30 modifier.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 20:19:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ayo, thanks!"

he whips out his phone and starts to film cute pictures of both of their dogs about to fight.

"do your thing, kilo. i'll make you look good in this, don't worry."

despite the carefree facade of the trainer's instructions for the poochyena, the sygna suit assures the poochyena that his trainer hasn't actually left him out for the sake of dog pictures.

it barks, and then rushes at the growlithe with its own attack. as soon as they reach the middle ground between their starting points, the poochyena turns and slams its hip, clashing against the flame wheel with its dragon hammer.

RshXeO9_ (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 1:29:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As much as he hated to see it, his poor Growlithe was forced to tank the hit. The DRAGON HAMMER had been enough to not only stop the FLAME WHEEL in its tracks, but also send his Growlithe stumbling and rolling back towards Colin himself. There was always next time, and that glimmer of hope was enough for the ranger to hold onto. Once he made sure his Growlithe could stand, he gave the dog a firm nod.

"Alright, let's try another method. You good to go?"

The Growlithe let out a bark to reassure its trainer that it was ready to get back out there. This time, the dog charged forward and immediately rushed at the opposing Poochyena with a PLAY ROUGH. Was it for better photo ops due to it being a cute move in retrospect? That had yet to be determined.

smBL1UTk

notes
hp: 2/3

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 10:28:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
being a dark-type, the poochyena should probably steer away from the attack.

unfortunately, it doesn't look any different from any other move that a growlithe would pull off. the poochyena rushes in with its own play rough towards the growlithe.

"wait, this is better!"

he already had a good shot, but the image of two puppies rough housing was just too cute to pass up. he prays that those who would see it on his instagram wouldn't be able to distinguish two trained pokemon duking it out from puppies from a dog park.

PxmbaeHE (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 20:01:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Once more, his Growlithe was forced to heel. He had to commend Kyle for not going easy in the slightest. Once his Growlithe recovered, Colin attempted to find some sort of opening to strike at. And maybe that's where he needed to focus. All of the attacks had focused on closer combat. Maybe it was time to turn the focus at a longer range strategy.

"You're doing great holding in there! Let's try to turn this around, yeah? Use EMBER!"

The Growlithe was quick to comply, its maw agape to draw out the fire deep from its core. Once breath ignited, a small yet concentrated spit of fire left the Growlithe's mouth to hone in on the Poochyena.

g8YzKMHQ

notes
hp: 1/3

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 1:57:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: