VCT: Kazu + Luka
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 5:17:05 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","kazu1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]After a hearty lunch at one of the Kantoan stands, Kazuya disposed of his leftovers. While doing so, he helped idiots with bad aim clean up their messes as well. “Hm.” Only after everything was under the trashcan lid did he turn back to the tournament. A few steps took him from the eatery to the battlefield proper. The AR goggles crackled to life.
[break][break]

The same sense of amazement that occurred this morning reappeared. After so long in prison, this modern world seemed almost alien. What had been slow phones could now do more than computers. Entire realities could be overlaid over the real world, giving it more depth and color. Then, of course, there were all of the new gimmicks on the battlefield.
[break][break]

Golden eyes bobbed across a sea of familiar faces. Finally, they settled on a stranger in the crowd. “Come, Natsu.” The mercenary calmly ordered as he forced his way through the crowd. Soon, he came face to face with the pinkette who caught his eye. “Excuse me—” He bowed. His mouth never moved. “Would you care to battle?”
[break][break]

A hand splayed across his muscular chest. “I’m Kazuya.”

[attr="class","kazu3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:10px roboto;--accent:#9698E0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 375px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 100px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2]padding: 20px 30px; font-size: 11ox; line-height: 1.5; text-align: justify; color: #aaaaaa; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: -25px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:#B6B4E0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 30px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 5:39:17 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
There's so much going on at the Vital City Tournament that frankly, it's a bit overwhelming. One can only battle so many enormous Pikachu before being thoroughly burnt out, but luckily Luka and her Sylveon haven't been beaten down just yet. Perhaps it's the adrenaline rushing through the city that propels them forwards, or perhaps it's the simple urge to prove themselves...whatever it is, it sure is exciting![break][break]

After a short break, the pair returns to the field. For a moment they stand on the outskirts, simply reveling in the electricity that pulses through the arena. But soon enough, another challenger approaches.[break][break]

The way he declares himself is quietly intense, like an anime character. So dramatic! It’s kind of cool though, and Luka finds herself nodding along, her back straightening as she tries to emulate that same sense of gravitas. It doesn't really work, but what's the harm in trying?[break][break]

“Sure! I think we’ve got another one in us. What do you think, Sugar?”[break][break]

After all, it’s not just up to her. She’s not the one participating in match upon match! But her Sylveon responds with an eager mewl, her ribbons curling in tacit approval.[break][break]

"Well, there you go! We'd be happy to."[break][break]

Whatever serious facade she'd been trying to adopt is shattered by her bright, happy smile. "Ah— and I'm Luka. Good luck, Monsieur Kazuya! I'm sure we'll have fun!"

[break][break]
♥ ♥ ♥[break]outfit ref[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
In Silence There Is Beauty
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 14:11:41 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kazu1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]The older man cannot resist smiling at Luka. If he could still speak normally, a chuckle would have echoed from deep in his chest. Instead, the device remains silent. Kazuya’s smile only warms as she asks the Sylveon’s permission. So many trainers just assume they are in charge. The wishes of their companions do not factor into their wants and desires. A fact that’s caused my deaths over the years—a few of them of the Pokemon. “Well, I am glad to hear it.” [break][break]

Natsu looks equally as eager. He slams his broad fists together as he steps up to the AR-marked starting line. Her introduction does coax out a laugh. But it's mechanical without much human inflection. “Thank you. I wish you the same.” With that said, he gestures the giant teddy bear forward. Unlike the typical match, there is a measured approach in the fighting type’s steps. He knows that this is a fairy type Pokemon. Its magic and mythicality can wreak havoc on his muscles.[break][break]

Once he gets within range, he lashes out with a Ice Punch.

XkdA53yv

[attr="class","kazu3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 375px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 100px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2]padding: 20px 30px; font-size: 11ox; line-height: 1.5; text-align: justify; color: #aaaaaa; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 30px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 9:34:42 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Were Luka to read Kazu's thoughts, she'd find their ideals to be very similar. In a world like this, with Pokemon so often reduced to tools in the hands of those that would abuse them, it's nice to know that there are some who still respect them.[break][break]

She's still smiling as Sugar prances onto the field, head high and ribbons wiggling cheerfully. They both size up their opponent, doing their best to think critically about the match. Strategy doesn't come easily to Luka, but with the help of her sygna suit, she can focus better and think more clearly. The connection helps; Sugar feels it too.[break][break]

Despite her type advantage, Sugar knows that she struggles when it comes to close combat. Her battles with and in the tournament have proven as much. So when the ice punch comes swinging towards her, she tries her best to duck underneath it and avoid the strike altogether.[break][break]

As she lowers herself closer to the ground, her ribbons glow. From them a psyshock is produced, and a burst of violet energy arcs and twists towards the Bewear.

[break][break]
♥ ♥ ♥[break]iM9|5wcY + 10 from sygna suit[break]outfit ref[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
In Silence There Is Beauty
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 17:29:10 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kazu1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]The Bewear is a muscular, towering figure. Almost like the teddy bear stand-in for Godzilla in a Lego town. His movements are lumbering and slow, but each hit is a powerhouse. So, for the Sylveon’s sake, that Ice Punch better whistle right on by. As the psychic energy builds, the hair on the ursine’s back stands on end. Beady eyes widen as the Psyshock strikes.
[break][break]

With a roar of alarm, the fighting type falls back onto one foot. His arms windmill as the pink energy pulls at him like a toy machine’s claw. “Keep your head, Natsu!” This scolding allows the bear to shake off the initial panic. Invisible or not, this was just an attack like the others. Using his momentum to launch himself forward. Red, angry energy coalesces around his paw as he unleashes a Hammer Arm.
[break][break]

TCuy50K5

[attr="class","kazu3"]

[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights