awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 22:38:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she is taking the time to visit all of the power spots. after the tournament ends, after the discussions in the gym leader summit, after yet another debilitating blow by her larger-than-life nightmare, she has gone back to old habits. little sleep, ungodly amounts of caffeine, and a tireless work ethic have her holed up in a coffee shop in rustboro. 

analytics she doesn't understand dance across the screen of her tablet. she has one headphone in and is watching the screen - 's pikachu hits the pitch with a ground-shaking thud. storm clouds gather overhead. 

with so much on her mind, so much work to be done, she forgets she texted her cousin. so she does not look up whenever the front bell signals another patron. her hand languishes on a near-empty cup of coffee, attention wholly absorbed by the battle in front of her. 
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
311 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 21:13:25 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]

[attr="class","postruinstxt"]

[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
Just as carelessly as he entered the establishment, the punk collapses into a seat across from the councilwoman. A waitress immediately rushes over to tend to him, but she's dismissed with a simple hand gesture a request for water. Creating a wider gap between both knees, the cousin plays liquid to his seat's backrest.

"I'm here."

As if it wasn't obvious. Instead of making eye contact, he keeps his view on the external through the cafe's window. He pays no mind to the video playing on the tablet.

[/div]
[attr="class","postruinspkmn"]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 2:48:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

i'm here is registered a bit late, in a nostalgic, comfortable sort of way. in a way that should absolutely not be familiar, but she's aware of his presence nonetheless, like orbiting planets. something that always is, always will be. 

"hey," she says, after the waitress returns with a glass of water and a top off for freya's coffee. 

"how are you? after everything?"
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
311 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 16:12:10 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

The waitress interrupts his gaze to the outside, but only for a moment. He raises the glass to his lips and then back down again. The other hand offers the back of his wrist to wipe away at any residue before answering his cousin's question.

"I'm good." He sounds confused by her question but answers it regardless.

Then he shifts his weight forward. Elbows provide support through the help of the table and connect both of his fists.

"What about you?"

[/div]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 5:40:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"you don't talk much, do you?" she says, pausing the video on her tablet while simultaneously parsing the memories that are hers. it's easy when she focuses on it - which ones are through a fuzzy lens, but shaking the feelings that accompany them; that, she's found, is the hardest part. 

"okay. tired. confused. work's always here and that sucks, but it's a good thing too." she'd go crazy without it. 

"i'm still...making sense of it all. do i - do we have other living family?" she asks softly. 
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
311 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 16:29:21 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"I'm not sure." He scoffs, sliding his elbows into a more comfortable position.

"That's why I left." He's lost in the clear liquid that's contained in the glass before him. "I didn't think there was anyone else."

Although his words sound accusatory, he does not mean them this way. There's no better time than the present, but the loneliness did take a toll on him in his youth. It's why he spent so much time in Unova. It's why he doesn't talk much.

"Do you think we do?"

Obviously, she does or at least he believes as such. This question was his way of prying for details.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 4:05:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

that's a no then. she worries her lower lip. the pikachu in the freeze frame leers down at its opponent, towering stories high. and she feels so indescribably small. 

"i think my father might still be alive, but i don't know the first thing about getting in touch with him." would he be the same man? or is that father winter's cruelest joke - sending her on a wild goose chase for a man of no relation. 

silence lapses. she drums her fingertips against her leg, scoots the tablet onto the table and darkens the screen. gives him her full attention. 

"i'm not going to be very good at this. the getting to know you. the letting you get to know me. but i want to."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
311 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 17:17:24 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Fighting his own curiosity, Roy stops himself from interrogating her. She certainly had her own reasons for not chasing after her father or maybe she already tried everything. Asking more questions would only further the wound. He knew exactly what that was like.

Silence dances between them until the councilwoman diminishes it with a new approach.

Before he allows himself to reply, he hastily reaches for the glass of water on the table. The chilled drink offers only a moment of relief. This was his way of biting his tongue. If he kept his mouth busy, he wouldn't rush to say something stupid. He picked this method up from his own father, but his father often relied on liquor instead of water. Regardless, the glass of water gave the man time to ponder about his next set of words.

"I'm not going to be good at it either." He's decided that honesty is the best policy for this scenario.

"I'm just happy that we met. I think we can make that work somehow."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 20:24:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and when did they meet? when she was a child? no. filmy lenses flicker, a flash of light, and his silhouette shifts from child to adult, a portal to the realm of the dead behind him. she scratches her cheek, takes her coffee with her other hand. 

"good. we can both be terrible at it together." a wan smile. 

he is not the same. he can't be the same, just as she isn't, and can't. his family was stripped from him in this life, just like she. maybe, after all of this, they'll be closer than they ever were in the past that never happened. 

her head hurts. 

"how about this - i ask a question and then you get one? it can be anything. and i'll promise to answer honestly."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
311 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 16:57:46 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

That's what he like about her; their grief was shared. She put in just as much effort as he did, if not more. Any kind of work he put into this would be mirrored. This is how he knew she was reliable. Maybe that's why she was a councilwoman for the League.

To her first set of words, he only responds in the way of a gentle smile.

Unlike her, he refuses to let his mind wander, but only in this scenario. This glass of water does more than give him sustenance. It gives him a void to peer through. A void where he can escape and think of absolutely nothing.

"Sounds good to me." Her agrees to her request by straightening his posture.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 17:10:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he agrees and she is all the happier for it. part of her yearns to stretch out the tapestry of their alternate life, to pick apart the changes, but that isn't fair to either of them.

"okay," she says and she thinks about it, really thinks about it. they'll have more questions, so long as he's content with the game, but this first one seems important. 

her lips twitch. she asks, "what's your favorite color?"
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
311 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 17:31:49 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Surprised by the simplicity of the question, he wandered if they all would be like this. He questioned how much his favorite color spoke about his history and everything that he stood for. There were many different colors he appreciated, but he felt weird calling any of them his favorite. A simple question was made complicated as his mind raced to find a single color that represented him.

"Black." Although plain, this one word is loud enough to reach the other tables of the cafe.

"Black is my favorite color." He confirms, but in a far softer tone.

"What's yours?"

He feels wrong by asking the same question but wonders if she'll struggle the same way that he did. Normally, questions like these didn't faze him but this circumstance was different. She was family.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 2:17:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

silver and gold always reminded her of the morningstars. silver like sophia's bow. gold like the morningstar crest, emblazoned on the bleached white stone outside her home. silver like the water by the bluffs, when the moon hung in the sky. gold when the sunrise bathed the city in its light. 

and she thinks, maybe, this is easy, not understanding, but still appreciating, the lengths he went to mull over his own answer. 

but she finds herself saying, just as softly, "blue."

and she looks away, swallowing, eyes tight, as a terrible loneliness sweeps through her. 

"how did balmung become your partner?" she asks quickly.
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
311 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 18:52:06 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

In his mind, she could've guessed his next words. Their lineage had a history of tending to dragons and telling stories.

"Y'know, Mom trained many different kinds," he speaks of Freya's aunt and the dragons she raised as he moves his right hand to a place below the table.

"We were raised like siblings."

An ancient sphere is released from his pocket and placed on the table. Unlike other poke balls, the contraption appears primitive and its color seems faded. This was the device that contained Balmung.

Both his mother and his grandmother treated the trainer and his pokemon like brothers. They were inseparable. He wandered if this was the same case with Freya and her salamence.

"What about Lyune?" He returns the same question once again.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
will you know me?
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 19:19:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

from birth, he'd known bits and pieces. maybe he didn't have the full truth, but it's more than she ever got, and envy is a worm that's lived inside her all her life. albeit, perhaps, it's starving these days.

she shakes her head. 

"he was theodore's - my step-father's - but i think, maybe, he wasn't always." maybe, just maybe, he'd been her mother's in this life too. 

"i was adopted by the morningstars at sixteen. and i took their name when i turned eighteen. that's when he gave him to me. it's hard to imagine my life before him. before them."

she ghosts her fingers over the tablet again while she mulls over her next question. 

"you've seen dynamax, yeah? would you...do you think we should be using it? would you use it on balmung?"