She/Her
October 26
Ever Grande
Heterosexual
Civilian
Civilian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1 post
part of
TAG WITH @imp2
Phuong Nyguet
Back and Forth
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 22:26:50 GMT
Phuong Nyguet Avatar
Phuong stretched lightly as her Volcarona fluttered off to the side as they arrived at the tennis court and she signed in. The sport had been one of her favorite pastimes in years past but with the revelation of her father's criminal ties and fall from grace it was one of many things she had cut from her usual routine as a means to establish herself without the influence of his shadow or money. Eventually now finding herself established enough to manage a visit or two throughout the week she returned and sought to warm up skills and reawaken interests.

Making her way through a series of games Phuong found herself struggling slightly but memory and technique continued to return to her as she went. As it came the methodology for her approach gradually warped as well. Suddenly her opponents morphed into the idea of her father and she found herself aiming and striving more to defeat them thoroughly, finishing one match she blushed lightly as the moth grasped onto her shoulder. "I suppose you're right, maybe getting a bit carried away." She laughed and decided the next would be her last.

As her next and final opponent rotated over she smiled and nodded her head politely. "Good afternoon," she began tossing over the ball for them to begin. "I'm Phuong, how have your matches been so far?"

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
Back and Forth
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 1:21:13 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","lydiamag"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
To see that she was competitive would be an understatement. Growing up the runt of the litter—both figuratively and literally—it wasn’t easy to prove your worth. That didn’t stop when you enrolled in the armed forces. People barely took her seriously at the grocery store, much less when she commanded a group of men who outweighed her by over a hundred pounds.
[break][break]

But, by the time they hit the battlefield, all of them knew better than to mock her. None of them would even cast a snicker at her current outfit. The sports bra and designer skort were ideal for the sport.
[break][break]

A sweaty hand lifted to shake her last opponent’s hand. Her pale lips were pressed into a thin line. An expression that might remind someone of an aggressive kitten. “Thank you for the match, monsieur.” The score stood in her favor. But she knew it could be higher. Grabbing the towel at her waist, the pint-sized powerhouse dabbed at her face. It came back damp.
[break][break]

On the sidelines, her Lycanroc yawned. The Iron Valiant, meanwhile, tilted his head. It did not understand this battling technique. The projectile did not present any power. No one had died. “Bzzzzt?”

[break][break]

Blue eyes lifted as Phuong entered the field. A breath banished the shaking in her tired legs. “Bonjour.” Lydia began in clipped tones. “I am Lydia.” The next question drew a moment of pensive thought. “I would be pressed to call it passable.” To her, that eight-to-two ratio was too far from perfect. She spun the racquet in her hand as she stepped toward the starting line. “You?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lycanroc form-midday"]

[newclass=".lydiamag"]--accent:#ACDEF7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:11px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/de/61/TNlLmyUq_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote b, .lydiamag blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .lydiamag blockquote b { font-size:10px!important } .lydiamag blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights