he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Gossip Guys [Excursion AZ:A]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 0:29:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
There was certainly a lot of this new area to explore. Hideo only managed to touch the surface of it during Kyurem's attack - and now he was tasked to map out one of the caves within, one that had been dubbed "Area Zero".

For obvious reasons, Hideo was present mainly to help coordinate his Gym Trainers. They had better art skills than he did.

Among other things.

"Now remember!" Hideo said, a number of his trainers standing in front of him, "Stick with your buddy! This isn't like the exercises I ran with you - you can get seriously hurt or even killed if you aren't careful. And don't be afraid to pull back if things get too tough: any ordeal you get through is an ordeal you can learn from."

His trainers spoke their confirmation before dispersing in pairs.

With that done, Hideo made his way over to Alexei - a familiar "Ralts" on the boy's shoulder guiding him along. "Your guys all set?" he asked.

3FifSReS

Roll total: 43

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 18:39:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Over on his end, he’d assembled a small team as well—obviously Claire and Ethan would turn up; it was like the two were practically attached at the hip or something.

(He had reasons to suspect they were absolutely a couple, no matter how hard they both denied the allegations.)

“Pretty much,” he nodded as the small team of six (three to a party) would disperse as well; some of the members of his side of the ‘search party’ taking to the skies on their own Flying-type Pokémon.

Now that they were alone…

He let out a sigh.

“I hate getting grilled.”

Surely, the other would know exactly what he meant by that statement.

GAxd5Sut
total: 78

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 21:25:58 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded as Alexei's trainers dispersed. He remained silent until it was just the two of them in the area; they had to stay hush-hush after all.

And he didn't want them to potentially embarrass themselves in front of their trainers.

And Hideo knew exactly what Alexei was talking about.

"Yeah, same here." He knew he'd have a lot to answer for after his reveal. "League's fine with me holding on to my friend, but they had a lotta questions for me. Had to be honest with what I knew, after how well that Gym Leader meeting went."

Trust was something he needed to build after that meeting. He wouldn't give everything he knew, but he couldn't hold back as much as he used to.

"You got any meetings lined up regarding your friend?"

v2o6xe2x

Roll total: 175

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:27:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I have a feeling there’s a suspension on the horizon for me, if we’re being honest,” he replied in the same quiet voice, before letting out a minute sigh.

“I literally got quartered, roasted, plucked ass-naked, and—oops, sorry, have to watch my language—lambasted would be the lightest definition of what I got from them,” he added with a frown.

Although…

“I’d riot if they took him away. There’s no way I’m letting them pass him around like a rag doll. There was a reason why this brother came along with me, of all people.”

Another sigh.

“No meetings yet, but I have a bad feeling Fortree’s going to be under a lot more scrutiny now, all things considered.”

Trust was hard-earned, and when lost, could never be returned…

2lbPS_Kw
total: 228

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 1:00:24 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Yeesh. Didn't know you got it that bad. They just gave me some talking-to's and questioned what I knew about the Lake Trio. And just made me promise to be more honest from now on." Sounded like he really did get off easy there.

"Dunno if they could take them away from you, though. Must've been hard enough to get them to like you enough to stick around in the first place." As much as Uxie liked to wander around, it always came back to him - and it chose him. He couldn't imagine Tornadus take being separated well. "It'd probably give them more trouble than they could handle."

He sure knew Uxie could cause havoc if it went all-out.

"So, uh, they probably already asked you this a thousand times, but why did you keep them under wraps for so long? I stayed quiet 'cause for a while, I wasn't in a great spot to draw attention to myself."

e1b_YNPe

Roll total: 280

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 6:21:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh, I know. I’m sure of it that he’s going to cause trouble if we’re separated,” he continued with the smallest hint of a smile on his face.

(Well, anyone that wasn’t him or , that is. It was like the djin had made up their mind to take the two wayward idiots he shared a space with under his care.)

“I’ve been around the block for way too long,” he added. He’d seen way too much shit at this point; sometimes the thought of just… receding into the shadows poked at him from time to time.

Thing is, with the way Team Rocket was active right now? There was no time to rest.

At his companion’s question, he let out another minute sigh.

“We’re in the same position,” was his short answer to everything.

The actual, much longer answer would come later.

“This is totally off the record, and just between the two of us,” he would add a few moments after before looking around and then continuing, “…but don’t you think the League wants to keep too close of an eye out on anyone that has anything that remotely resembles or is considered to be a ‘legendary’ Pokémon to the point it’s already an invasion of privacy?”

Another sigh escaped him.

“They asked me for all the information I knew about him, however what I do know is about pretty much the same the average Unovan knows about the djinni three—that there are two brothers, and there’s a third one who can quell the fighting when Tornadus and Thundurus meet.”

u923y6J6
total: 291

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 19:15:57 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo trusted Uxie's vigil enough that he didn't have to ensure that there weren't any wandering ears near them. He still wanted to be careful - and it was clear both knew what the other was talking about, despite the vague language.

"Doesn't shock me," Hideo calmly said. "They asked me everything I knew about mine as well. And I do know a decent amount…but not nearly as much as I wish I knew. Honestly feels like I've been walking around like a headless Combusken most of the time."

Didn't help that the most knowledgeable Pokemon in the area remained tight-lipped about a lot. "And, well, I can understand they wanna keep a close eye on'em. I think it'd be more of a problem if they tried to take'em away, but it doesn't seem like they're gonna do that."

He could understand the scrutiny, especially when they were in a war.

"I was quiet about mine 'cause for a while, I didn't really have much support if too much attention got drawn to me. I was just on the road on my own, so if a group like Rocket caught wind that I had it…well, Rocket's captured people tougher than me. Avatars had been caught before."

And with all the precautions he had set up - he was still just a single kid.

"And, uh…I did talk to some other people in League about it before. And most told me to be quiet, 'cause it was when League was having issues with Rocket infiltration…"

What Alexei said during Gym Jam wasn't wrong - even if the timing might not have been the best.

K6Ysjuyu

Roll total: 380

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 20:34:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment his companion brought up the fact that even he had to keep Uxie’s existence a secret because of Rocket infiltration, he sighed.

See, this was exactly why he had to also keep quiet about his own unique companion!

“Remember what I said about during the meeting? There was also another reason I felt it was necessary to nudge the conversation in the direction of Rocket infiltration.”

He sighed—but before he could get to the next part of his sordid tale, the ground rumbled.

“Earthquake!” he heard Claire yell over his earpiece; and even where they were the ground shook like there was something trudging through the area!

“Whoa! Are you okay?!” he exclaimed as he tried to either catch or help keep Hideo standing while the immediate area continued to rumble and quake for a few moments afterward.

Once everything had calmed down, he then turned off the ‘mic’ on his earpiece so he could continue the next part of what he was saying.

“…not only was he the short-time Gym Leader down at Pacifidlog and part of Rocket, but… he’s also my ex.”

He shuddered afterward. At least there was no more aftershocks to rattle them around… for the moment.

|zua66UM
total: 474

• TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 377: You experience an earthquake.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 17:23:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo quietly nodded. He did remember Alexei mentioning during the meeting - an answer that did not get much goodwill from . "Yeah. It might be better now as far as we know, but knowing that there used to be Rockets as Gym Leaders back then wasn't very encouraging."

Didn't help that Tempest's reveal was just around the time he got Uxie; if he'd revealed his mark to the League as a whole back then, Rocket would know too.

's warnings saved is butt.

Hideo heard the warning shouted from Alexei's earpiece, and braced himself, though there was little need to: a Mystical Power enveloped him, almost like a Psychic, that kept him in place. He got through the earthquake with ease, without needing Alexei's assistance.

"I'm alright," Hideo reassured, "Not the first quake I went through down here. My Pokemon're usually on top of that." The "Ralts" on his shoulder nodded along, a smile on its (illusory) face.

Though the revelation after that carried on an awkward silence, Hideo looking towards Alexei with a perplexed look to his face.

A silence that was broken by a strange roar off in the distance.

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MYSTERIOUSCRY1.mp3[/player]

Hideo recoiled at the noise, before shaking his head. "That's…wow. Does anyone else in the League know that?"

AK3fwpdU

Roll total: 520

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 20:03:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I’ve been around the block far too long, so I’ve seen a lot of people come and go. There should be a more stringent screening process for anyone who wants to become a Gym Leader because even though our position is what it is, we still have—influence, at least in our local areas.”

The noise that reached his ears afterward was definitely… geez. Again?

“When I came down here with and we brought back that ‘Walking Wake’, or whatever it’s called, we kept hearing two versions of that noise. One sounded like an old-school… something, while the other was decidedly more—yeah. Like that,” he gestured in the general direction where the noise had come from.

And even though the other couldn’t see it, there was this extremely ironic grin on his face.

“…only my partner knows he’s my ex, but not the fact that is with Team Rocket. Did get kinda jealous when I told him about that connection we had, though.”

BsWL2Zhg
total: 612

• ROLL 89 - 98. - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below:[break]
[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MYSTERIOUSCRY1.mp3[/player]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 23:21:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo uneasily nodded. He'd managed to get in in part due to his achievements, but the main part he needed was getting his parents' signatures on some paperwork. And that process hadn't gone nearly as well as he'd hoped.

If the League investigated him hard enough to find that out, he could land in some deep shit.

The less attention he drew to that, the better. "Guess they, uh, do gotta be careful. But I don't think there're any Rockets in the Gym Circuit right now. Wouldn'ta shown what I had if I didn't think so."

That much was true. Also helped that he had more support systems now if Rocket caught on to Uxie.

"All I've been told down here is that there's Paradox Pokemon that resemble the Legendary Beasts…think 's gonna grab the Raikou one as soon as he can?" A small joke, to help calm himself, even if it only barely worked. "I'm starting to wonder what other Legendaries are gonna show up as Paradoxes. I already got one that's like Cobalion."

It was gonna get real awkward if he got a Paradox Uxie.

Would it be fleshy, or robotic?

He could feel his "Ralts" tap him on the side of the head, telling him to not think about that kind of stuff.

"And your secret's safe with me. I'm guessing you moved on, if you already got a new guy you're with."

Hideo paused for a moment.

"... hasn't tried to sway you to Rocket at all, has he? I mean it's kinda obvious you aren't with Rocket, but...has he tried to blackmail you over it?"

RYFFukEF

Roll total: 693

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 19:02:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I don’t know why it took them a while to tighten up the screening for whoever wanted to apply to a Gym Leader spot,” he hummed quietly once the tremors had passed and everything was quiet once more.

(He made sure that the mic on his headpiece was off, because boy there was a lot of information being exchanged between the two right now that was definitely… yeah. Risky, if it fell in the wrong hands.)

At the mention of the paradox beasts and how some of them looked like—

“Wouldn’t put it past ‘im to do that, knowing him,” he would quietly cackle.

The moment he would mention one that looked like Cobalion, the cackle would become a snort of laughter.

“I have the exact same one, too. it’s like a vicious mockery of the actual one running around with —yeah, I’ve seen the real thing with her some time ago. These ones that came from… from when that gigantic ice dragon woke up—they’re not the same…”

He would fall silent as he thought long and hard between the previous and what he wanted to say next.

Another snort would escape him.

“Funny you say that. We broke up before he joined Team Rocket, so… nothing of the sort happened.”

(But that wasn’t like that one time he had with Sorrel, too… boy that was even worse when he found out the other man’s secret, too. And that sucked ass.)

“My partner… has a jealous streak because of you know. Inferiority complex issues. About how all my exes were handsome compared to him, but I shut him up with these words.”

He would then clear his throat.

“Does physical looks really matter, when it’s the personality that you should focus on? Looking handsome is just a bonus. What really matters is what’s inside.”

It wouldn’t take too long before he would hear Ethan’s voice this time.

“Look out in your area, there’s a—whoa!” the yelping noise would make him look up right in time to see that there was… there was an anomalous space-time distortion that had appeared some distance away from where they stood!

He then turned to Hideo.

“You’re familiar with the distortions, right?” he would ask the other.

“Can you hear the familiar crackling noise that comes along with their sudden appearance?”

(Because asking the blind kid to take a look in the direction where it had appeared was pointless!)

H_7gi7q2
total: 727

• TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 666. - A rift to the DISTORTION WORLD opens briefly, like an opening eye. Peering into it fills your characters with dread. You can not enter this rift, but one may theorize the DISTORTION WORLD is attempting to map out this new area in order to create an antimaterial counterpart for the world.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 19:37:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded along, grinning at the mutual ribbing of their fellow Gym Leader. "Lotta these Paradox Pokemon seem to resemble Pokemon that're already around…but they're definitely a lot different."

His Scream Tail was a lot more feral than a regular Jigglypuff, and his Iron Valiant was a lot more violent (and compliant) than his Gallade.

And his Iron Crown was nowhere near as friendly as Cobalion.

"Well, good to know they can't pull that on you. And glad to hear things are working out with your new BF~" There was already enough drama going on now with the League, and he knew Alexei was already under enough scrutiny. Last thing he'd need is scrutiny from his own lover.

But the sound of an earset sounding off distracted him - and his "Ralts" told him what was going on right above them.

"Yeah, I've been around a lotta distortions. Some even popped up right where I was standing."

So he recognized the crackling noises that preceded them, the boy stopping in place as he waited for it to turn into a full-on distortion. "Been a while since a proper one came down," he said, ready for a fight.

But the "Ralts" on his shoulder casually stayed on its spot, its legs playfully dangling as it peered at the rift. Even if it looked ready to open up, the rift never fully opened - and a moment later, it would disappear, leaving no trace of its presence.

"...dunno if I feel better it just disappearing like that or not." There was a weird sense of dread running through him - they were safe now, but if it wasn't touching down, then why did that rift show up? "Those kinds of things don't happen for no reason."

mC_Nd3GY

Roll total: 820

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 20:00:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It just… winked out of existence, like that,” he would remark in Hideo’s direction; while Ethan gave him the same update over on the earpiece.

“You be careful out there,” he would tell his ‘search team’ before tapping the mic off and turning back to the other.

“I don’t know why, but looking at it even for a few seconds made me shiver all over. It… it didn’t feel the same as the ones that used to appear around the region; and have all kind of rampaging, crazy Pokémon show up in them. Like… you think that distortion that came into existence was trying to get a feel of this strange place?”

The troubling thoughts were there, if he was going to be honest.

And then—unlike the repeated calls he’d heard from the last time; this time it was the more… discordant call that would sound after the ‘distortion’ had vanished into nothingness.

“And there it is again! You think they’re trying to have like…” he trailed off, wringing his hands in mid-air because how the hell was he going to explain ‘mating calls’ to a kid?!

TSYElPIX
total: 829

• ROLL 89 - 98. - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below (using 93 roll from previous post for this fill):[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 0:31:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Hmm." Hideo looked up towards where the distortion had appeared - as did Uxie, who made the same noise. "Didn't know distortions could be picky like that. I always thought they just plopped down wherever whenever."

If they actually could think…that raised a lot of questions, like what was deciding where to drop them, or why they were appearing.

Or why this one didn't drop. "Not like there aren't already crazy Pokemon down here. Maybe it was trying to get a feel of the place, or it just couldn't drop down 'cause of all the Tera crystals?"

He was just throwing theories out at this point.

That strange roar in the distance only raised more questions. "...a territory dispute? I heard the Pokemon down here can be really territorial. Paradoxes too, 'specially if they're the fleshy types."

His "Ralts" glanced at Alexei, knowing full-well what he'd actually meant - but it would leave Hideo in blissful ignorance this time.

J3|_gktk

Roll total: 901