Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Warrior's Road // Apex of the World
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 22:50:34 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
HERE WE STAND, HERE WE FALL

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

He’s here at last, the apex of the world. It’s the end of the road. Across from him stands , his best friend. It should have been Gabe, standing where he stands now. Gabe, the Navidson brother who was kind, honest, and bright. Instead, it falls to the older brother to fight this battle.[break][break]
Took me a while to get here.” Navy muses, his smile painted sad. “Guess there’s always a lot goin’ on, huh? Crisis after crisis.” A short pause. What follows is classic self-deprecation. “Me sitting on the sidelines, protecting Gabe with Ironsides and a shotgun. That guy I was twenty years ago sure was stupid.” Only after he says the words does he realize how weird they sound.[break][break]
Sorry, always forget you don’t remember Galar like I do.” For him, the battle that sparked their descent into the dream was a distant memory. He remembers the faces, the general flow of the battle, but only as well as he could any other memory.[break][break]
Let’s try to have fun, yeah? It’s just us here, so you don’t need to tell the studio audience ‘bout how compatible humans and Vaporeon are.” He’ll never let that go. The Pokemon gathered behind him groan.[break][break]
Roland stands ready, one-armed and curious. The knight remembers an echo of Kyle. Once, the Gallade with whom he shares a soul and memories groaned whenever he made jokes. Having fought alongside him, the Iron Valiant sees him worthy of respect.[break][break]
Toshinori busies himself floating in place. He’s the new guy here. After his stellar performance against , Navy feels he deserves to be here. The two of them will work well together in the future.[break][break]
Hattori simply waits. Having been with his Lord alongside Kyle most of the past year, he has a deep abiding respect for the champion. He has no wish to hurt him or his Pokemon, but it’s all in good fun.[break][break]
Sol remembers Kyle well from his youth. He is the last of Gabriel Navidson’s Pokemon. Determination shines in his eyes. No one here besides him is guaranteed to see use, and he does not plan to disappoint.[break][break]
Vortigern simply stares. His golden eyes look at Kyle like he’s sizing someone up before a tough battle. They’ve only met a few times, despite being Navy’s partner Pokemon. Navy does not bring out the Black Dragon lightly.[break][break]
There are only five there when there should be six. In place of his sixth Pokemon sits a feather. Ironsides was his first Pokemon, the only friend he had in the years after Kyle left. Even if robbed the bird of his life, he remains in spirit.[break][break]
I know what you’re about to say. This is the time in the sports movie where the hero gives his cool speech. You mind letting me have my moment?

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 3:37:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
one by one, his opponent showcases his pokemon. the usual members of his team were present, but kyle still notices an absence.

"shuwen's taking the bench, i see."

a screen by his chamber shows the pokemon they brought to the fight. for navy to only be bringing five was surprising, but not exactly out of character.

"what are you doing a moment for?" kyle asks, appearing aloof but having said it with humor. "this fight is just formality."

the lycanroc flings itself to the arena, eyeing each of navy's team in anticipation of the fight.

"you know me. i know you. if you already got past the elite four, then the ending is the inevitable."

he never has considered himself the best when it came to training pokemon for a fight. most of his prowess comes with adapting to the situation and making creative use of his tools rather than brute force.

in a fight without outside interference, he was just one of the top trainers of the region.

"i guess my job here isn't to gatekeep, but to make your progression uncomfortable for you."

kyle presses something on the screen of his phone and updates the screen with his own pokemon. it doesn't reflect kyle as a trainer at all, but rather, hints about the direction he's taking.

smeargle as his sygna pokemon makes more sense if you take it from this angle rather than an aesthetic one.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 11:37:12 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Kyle…” Navy’s voice trails off into silence as his friend, Hoenn’s champion, says his piece. He little enjoys the smell of the air as he takes in the words. Somewhere, someone he cares for dearly turns over in his grave.[break][break]
You know what Gabe told me, the day you took over as champ? Thank Arceus it’s him, Navy. If isn’t around to do the job, I’m glad it’s Kyle. He’s a hundred times the champ will ever be.” He stops to laugh. “Gabe really didn’t like Cooper much. Anyway… day that kid set out on his journey, he couldn’t have been happier to know you were the guy he was gonna fight at the end.” At first, the words are clinical, sad, a disappointed dad. Somewhere along the way, a fire ignites under them, slowly kindling heat that grows in each syllable.[break][break]
He looked up to you. Lots of people do. You’re Hoenn’s champion.” He points across at Kyle, fire in his eyes. “So let’s go all out. You and me. For Gabe.” Not just for Gabe…[break][break]
’Cause we haven’t had a good fight in a while.” Looking back at his lounging team, he nods at two in particular.[break][break]
Hattori. Sol. You two’re up first.” Gabe’s Charizard and his own Greninja step into place. Hattori’s take on all of this is a mirror of Kyle’s. He too is better at adapting in a real battlefield. Staged battles are hardly the place for a creature of shadows.[break][break]
Sol, on the other hand, stands ready.[break][break]
Ready when you are.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 7:12:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a skarmory appears on the screen as navy's last pokemon. assuming it's a replacement, given how sentimental navy gets, he pays it no mind at first.

"it's pretty cliche to see a mentor figure as the final boss," he mentions, "but a childhood friend works too."

he's not sure if he can call himself a mentor for gabe. at best, he just hangs out with him on the free time he gets whenever navy got too busy with work.

there might not be any actual mentoring, but with how highly he heard of gabe talk of him through navy, he likes to think the relationship's the same.

"all out? are you sure?" he looks at the screen that displays his team. "yeah, i think i can go all out with this team."

kyle lets his lucario out of its ball, joining the lycanroc out in the field. "your move, navidson."

it's the line he would have said in both timelines where either brother faced him.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 12:30:47 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Now that’s what I like to hear. Sol, Hattori. Just like we practiced.”[break][break]
A certain gym challenger once pointed out a fatal flaw in his battle style. berated him for how little synergy his teammates had. In a two on two, you were only as good as your teammates. Sol roars, flying up and beating his great blue-orange wings. A pleasant breeze soon cascades into a hurricane, wind howling across their battlefield.[break][break]
Which would be bearable on its own. There’s plenty of ways to counter or downplay a hurricane. As far as circuit battles go, it’s a standard opener – only made more standard if Hattori opened via rain dance. Instead, Navy uses a trick his gold-hearted rebel planted in his brain.[break][break]
Hattori spews black smoke. It catches in the wind. Soon, almost the whole room is engulfed by his smokescreen and whipping winds. Hattori slips into the shadows created by the smoke, resolving to become a blade in the dark. Sol’s wings beat on.[break][break]
Let’s see that mind that can outthink anyone in action!” Excited words, shouted over the wind. Ironsides's last feather is gripped like a commander's saber, ushering his Pokemon on through their opening salvo.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 5:40:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
although two of them are able to withstand the strong winds of the charizard, the smokescreen would be the one that would prove itself troublesome.

if only kyle wasn't a trainer who trained k9 units for the police, specialized in tracking even in the worst conditions, who currently uses pokemon that benefit from said training in their match.

"why?" he asks his challenger, "it's not like you're playing to your strengths right now. oh, you're trying to make it interesting, right?"

what he was facing wasn't navy's usual style in battle, and is more similar to his. in the same vein, kyle approaches the fight with the opposing trainer's routine approach.

a low whistle from kyle sounds.

aura sense from the lucario aids the loss of his sense of sight. it marks the target with a spear of bone rush, throwing it up the sky to the charizard's location as it pierces through strong winds of the hurricane.

it communicates with the lycanroc with a bark, and then pushes the pokemon, who made a running start to use the lucario as a step, up, following the direction of the move it threw earlier.

flying in the air, the wolf pokemon encrusts its fist with sharpened rocks as it attempts to hit the charizard with a punch infused with stone edge up in the air.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 11:41:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
\[nospaces]

Simple, ‘cause you like me.” A bit of the gravity slips along with the words. “It’s not like we’re ever going to go all o-”[break][break]
Given the stakes, it is hard to banter. His eyes scan the smokey hurricane. A soft yelp from Hattori, somewhere in the storm, signals that something is coming. At once, he barks an order.[break][break]
SOL! Charge it!” When the bone spear and the Lycanroc come, Sol meets them head-on. His powerful wingbeats give way to gathering flames. The flare blitz crashes into Kyle’s Lycanroc. If the exchange ended there, it would look like a decisive victory for Team Kyle. Any amateur could tell you that Charizard vs. Lycanroc was a bad matchup.[break][break]
It does not end there.[break][break]
There are many ways a Greninja could react in this situation. Perhaps it might throw a water shuriken, or launch an ice beam. Hattori is not any trainer’s Greninja. His Lord is the League’s Fighting Master, and Hattori will not dishonor him.[break][break]
He appears as if from the Lycanroc’s shadow. Blue energy gathers along his fist. His inner chakra manifests in the world around him. His very essence changes to a fighting type. While Sol attacks Zeke from the front, Hattori strikes him from the back with a chop that could break bricks.[break][break]

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 3:58:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the switch between offensive and supportive roles between each pokemon earns a raised eyebrow from kyle, noticing similarities between it and his own style.

he supposed he should be annoyed since it was his job to mirror his opponent, but he was the examiner in this. he can't get too caught up with frivolities.

"your setting your hopes up if you think this isn't good enough," he answers instead, "i'm not exactly a better fighter than the elite four in these formal, ruled settings, you know."

his expertise lie more on the field, where he was nothing but an individual lost in an army of soldiers all fighting for the same cause.

the tag team manages to get the lycanroc. though it can defend against the frontal attack, the backstab causes the pokemon damage. it's enough for the lycanroc to trigger the condition for counter.

it spins as they drop from midair in an attempt to grapple the greninja on their descent. the strength of the hold would be equivalent to the pent up damage.

the lucario awaits from the ground, running to intercept the landing. force palm readies itself to target the greninja, trusting its aura sense to differentiate it in the midst of the smokescreen.

"if only we don't have the smokescreen out," he teases navy, "then i could order my pokemon too."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 11:10:11 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Not my fault you’re shy.” Tease is met by tease. “Who’s gonna be mad? The studio audience?” He waves his hands towards the walls of the chamber, as if Kyle can see the motion. “It’s fine. We’re enjoying ourselves. Just two friends beating each other bloody.” Though he does not relish the idea of hurting a friend, he does relish the fight.[break][break]
That is the difference between Michael and Gabriel Navidson, two archangels born of Joshua. One’s nature is warlike, the other thrives in peace. It is no mistake that Michael, who hates his nature as much as he does his name, persists in this world of all worlds.[break][break]
Nor is it a mistake that he can kindle fighting spirit in the lowest of creatures.[break][break]
The only sign that something is brewing within the waning smokescreen is a sharp intake of infinity energy. A chain of blows, all aimed at Hattori, occurs out of sight.[break][break]
Hattori’s the reliable one. My lynchpin. The only team lead I’d ever want.[break][break]
When he found the undersized Greninja years ago, a victim of illegal and unregulated breeding, no one thought much of him. He was the runt of the little, malformed and small. Navy, and Navy alone, saw something worth raising in him.[break][break]
Since then, he has endured flames. His eye has been torn out. He watched over two beloved children for twenty years. The road that led him to today, where his instincts are honed to a razor’s edge, was long.[break][break]
Lycanroc’s counter hits with a meaty thunk. A shadow tumbles down to the ground. Sol cries out in rage. He draws flames in on himself, a blast of wind blowing the smoke away. Gabe’s Charizard, the last living Pokemon from the younger Navidson’s team, blasts down in a flare blitz.[break][break]
His comet is just slow enough for Lucario’s blow to land. It strikes Hattori, or what should be Hattori.[break][break]
greninja sets a particularly sturdy substitute. after the substitute is destroyed, greninja appears in a puff of smoke, inflicting the damage accrued by the substitute back on its opponent.
[break][break]
JA!” Hattori cries as he appears from the smoke, striking Lucario with the force of accumulated pain. Z-Moves were one of the first anomalies that turned the attention of the Dark Triad towards their little universe. It allows even a creature this small to cry out like a warrior.[break][break]
Jajajajajajaajajaja!” He unleashes his strikes, Sol’s flare blitz coming down like the hammer of an angry god.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 11:10:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the target disappears.

the lycanroc is surprised by the twist of events, but despite visibility returning back to normalcy, there still was nothing that can be seen in the midst of the smokescreen.

the charizard's tail was the exception.

with no other move that can hit the charizard from afar and fast, the lycanroc roars in a last resort attempt to drag the pokemon away from the fight.

the lucario, on the other hand, can still sense everything in a fight. sensing that it's losing its footing, it shoots out an aura sphere at the ceiling, cutting through the smoke as a signal flare of sorts.

kyle activates his key stone in time to defend against the hits.

the lucario mega evolves, using the enhanced bulk to endure both the z-move and the charizard's super effective hit. it barely hangs on against the hits, but to its surprise, kyle recalls it back to its ball.

"we'll count it as a knock out," he casually calls out as he replaces it on the field with a kommo-o. "i'm surprised you brought out your z-move this early. are you not saving it for a grand finale?"

the knife he twirls around his fingers that acts as his mega accessory loses its shine the moment the lucario chills in its ball.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 0:21:13 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Hattori’s the reliable one.” Navy says with arms folded, nodding sagely. “If that’s what he thought the best play was, that was the best play.” His Greninja falls to the ground. Hattori had a cool landing planned out and everything, but Navy’s praise makes him stumble. Righting himself, he falls back into a battle stance with red cheeks.[break][break]
Guess your guy’s roar bugged Sol out good and proper.” Sol has flown back, floating off the ground outside the ring. It’d count as a ring-out at the very least. Some all-powerful, well trained dragon he turned out to be.[break][break]
Hattori needs a partner. There’s only one team member Navy feels wholly inflexible about, and he’s saving the best for last. Instead, Navy pulls out an ultra ball.[break][break]
Man…still remember the day I got this guy. Gabe went crazy. Two poor little Ralts, their mom killed in the wild. Navy, we GOTTA take ‘em in he said. Kids….” Roland isn’t that Gallade. He has that Gallade’s memories. At night, he dreams about that Gallade’s life. All the same, it is hard to fully say that the Roland he dreams about is him.[break][break]
The most the machine can do is keep that Roland’s dream alive. He holds his blade aloft, tipping it towards the Kommo-O. Dragons and knights are natural enemies. Kyle’s played enough JRPGs to know those two are about to go at it like a pair of madmen.[break][break]
Arceus, do you know how much money it took to feed two humans, two Ralts, a Skarmory, and a Magikarp!? Let me tell you, it wasn’t cheap.” Despite the harsh words, Navy smiles.[break][break]
Back to it, boys. Come on, Hattori! Roland! Pick your targets and let ‘em have it!”[break][break]
Roland and Hattori charge forward like they’re in for the fight of their lives. Energy gathers along Roland’s galaxy blade. His one arm is guided as if by the god of war himself. The psycho cut does not try and play to the type advantage one might expect. Roland recalls what he once might have been – a psychic warrior. That Gallade deserves his moment in the spotlight.[break][break]
Hattori seems to shift forms. Draconic energy coats him. Where once was a small frog, he now wears the aura of a roaring Gyarados. His protean shifts his very nature. He endeavors to slam into the Lycanroc with the clenching jaws of that Gyarados, a dragon hammer if there ever was one.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 14:17:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he feels navy on raising multiple pokemon at a time when they still weren't that well off. kyle had opted to restart when he let the blackthorn gym, though his pokemon were more happy there than in the city.

"i still have the everstone studded collars for my poochyena," he reminisces. "good times."

his hand was already on his lycanroc's pokeball as he shouts the command.

"stealth rock!"

the greninja's attack barely manages to stop the lycanroc for setting up its parting gift. the hazards have already been set, incorporating shards of rocks from its previous hit at the charizard.

kyle recalls it as soon as the attack lands, while his kommo-o protects against the hit.

"if we're going all out, we're using all six, right?" kyle throws out the replacement. "i usually only entertain four versus four, but yeah, not this time."

the obstagoon appears in the lycanroc's stead.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 14:47:06 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Heh.” There is acknowledgment in the laugh, an understanding of a certain cosmic irony. He has spent the past year telling people that, if they’re want to stick to their principles on the battlefield, those who don’t will take advantage. Honor avails you nothing on blood-drenched fields. [break][break]
But it’s everything to him. To be a warrior, to have valor, is to march into a raw deal knowing it’s a raw deal. That a thing is stupid does not mean it shouldn’t be done. The first woman he ever loved told him a man ought to be a little stupid.[break][break]
Navy holds Ironsides’s last blade aloft, pointing it at Kyle with unwavering conviction. His eyes take on the glint of gunmetal.[break][break]
You could have done so much good if it hadn’t taken Galar to make you into the man you are. He tells himself. But I won’t regret a thing. [break][break]
Damn straight!” Roland strides across the field. His galaxy blade, already worn from many battles, strikes against the Kommo-O. Little hairline fractures form in the blade. They are nothing for now, but disasters so often are until it’s too late. [break][break]
He can’t do that again, Roland! Not right away! Strike! Give him hell!” Pressing the offense like any good bladesman, Roland channels a spirit break through his sword. It cries a cry that seems more Gallade than robot. [break][break]
Hattori, meanwhile, departs as well. He leaves a parting gift for the Obstagoon, should he try and press the offensive. Toxic Spikes line the field, creating hazards for both sides. [break][break]
I’d hate to be the guy who’s gonna have to fix this room up after we’re done.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 15:12:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it's four against six. kyle hasn't noticed that the blade navy wields was part of his party. only when the scales tip against his favor did kyle start getting excited.

"push through, kommo-o!" he cheers from the sidelines. "obstagoon will be there!"

the obstagoon sprints to the kommo-o's side. crossed arms go for a driveby obstruct, intercepting the blow as it shouts during the moment of the contact.

the kommo-o lunges in, using the opening that obstagoon gave, and pierces through the weakened defenses with poison jab.

the dragon now faces the paradox pokemon, while the obstagoon watches its six o'clock, eyes concentrated on the greninja. it'll be ready for when the attack comes.

"actually, you're right. the best way to get this fight going is staying true to my style."

rather than copying navy's own destructive, but methodolical, approach, at least.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 15:54:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

BAH HA HA HA!!” It is not Hattori that Obstagoon sees, but a creature wearing his heart on his sleeve. Toshinori came to Navy during the crisis with Kyogre. It swore to defend the sea, Navy swore to defend the land. They fell into working together. Somewhere along the way, they became good buddies.[break][break]
In his current form, his zero form, Toshi is anything but impressive. Here, this early in what promises to be a long fight, his presence is a mere cameo. He slams forward, riding along invisible water to Obstagoon. He navigates spikes and stealth rocks – the latter with success, the latter less so. The bite of the rocks is banter, an opening salvo.[break][break]
Toshnori greets Obstagoon with a jet punch, lightning fast. Flipping back, he winks up at his foe. He could have changed before coming out, but rules are rules.[break][break]
When he looks like this, the Palafin reminds Navy of the kind of man he used to be. That zero had his heart in the right place, but he wasn’t there yet. He had something to protect, but he did not understand the stakes. It cost him everything.[break][break]
Set the field.” Navy says to Roland. It’s a gamble – calculated, that Kyle will not take advantage of it immediately or simply dispel it with one of many tricks.[break][break]
Electric Terrain surrounds the knight. His engine activates. Roland is still in this fight. He has a powerful ally in this fight.[break][break]
He raises his one, cracked blade in a mirror of Navy’s earlier en garde. Let the gold dragon or the dark hooligan come.[break][break]
Heart or brains, let’s see how this shakes out.”[break][break]
Little does Navy know that poison has taken root within Roland’s blood.

notes about this post

Notes go here