Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
BREWING CONFLICT | AZ EXCURSION: B
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 19:07:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Everything in the encampment was running smoothly. The scientist's were gathering materials, the rig was running properly - even the reports of missing trainers had decreased significantly.
[Break][break]
But none of that meant the league could afford lightening their attention on the task. One moment of opportunity was all Rocket needed to strike. And knowing them, they will strike.
[Break][break]
Standing up near the rig, arms crossed over her chest, the councilwoman stared out into the crystal infested landscape around them. The more she spent her days here, exploring and battling, winning and losing, the less their glimmer sparked anything beyond utter exasperation.
[Break][break]
Whatever knowledge they gained here better be worth it. [Break][break]

Brushing the hair from her face, Penelope's eyes instantly captured the confident stride approaching her right. There was no mistaking a gait like that.
[Break][break]
"Freya,"she nodded, more formal than friendly, "thought you were heading back to ever grade?"
[Break][break]
Where she wanted to be.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 6:11:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
time has a habit of slipping away from her down here. there is simply too much to be done. the other side is already conducting research - their best and brightest are working against the clock with the league's own. but are they? she thinks, embittered when the thought of and come to mind. 

the faction lines in the sand have blurred. or perhaps it's less a line and more a spiral, looping around them all in a dizzying display, leaving them just lost enough for the drk triad to get the better of them. 

nomi is right. she knows it in her bones, but right doesn't mean possible

there hadn't been time, in the aftermath, to confront . so soon afterwards, they'd had to deal with the likes of and , an encounter that still sours the look on her face. the uneasy truce she has with penelope does little to ease the knot of anxiety in her chest. 

but still she walks confidently onward and her smile has teeth when she replies, "and miss this?" she arches a brow. "i've been overseeing our advancement strategies. better to do that on the field. why aren't you in ever grande?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 6:38:31 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

There was hardly a need for a strategist here, in the thick of it, she wanted to say, but experience taught her lips better. Instead, she responded with an equally fierce smile.
[break][break]
"Sometimes the best intel is the type you can see for yourself."
[break][break]
came to mind, and the countless others now populating her list of suspicious individuals. All because of one criminal and her god-complex.
[break][break]
"Have you noticed anything of interest?"
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]875E9x7T
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 21:32:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her scalp prickles. her palms sweat. she's thankful for the gauntlets and the rest of the strappings of her sygna suit. the rest of her won't give anything away; she's too practiced now, against the likes of the silph family, but the words themselves paint a few pictures she doesn't like. 

if really is still out there, neutral party or not, it will only ruin them. 

her nose wrinkles. she says, "nothing out of the ordinary. rocket's down here in full, like we suspected. eva and i were attacked by cross and fiorelli."

the stalemate doesn't bother her. she's not looking to raze the entirety of area zero in the sake of justice. this is a reconnaissance effort first and foremost. anything they can glean from the discoveries down here will be exponentially helpful in the long run.

"and yourself? any run-ins or issues with our own side?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 6:14:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"None of note."
[break][break]

She answers thoughtfully, though careful fabrication stitched her words. With a war of battling ideals raving their country, trust becomes a commodity denoting luxury. It is a benefit to be trusted, and a privilege to feel comfortable placing that trust in another.
[break][break]

"I have been looking for one rocket in particular, however."
[break][break]

Her eyes trail to the outskirts of their conversation, searching the shadows as though a figure might emerge from them, bearing the answers she sought.
[break][break]

"The one we spoke of before: The visionary."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 23:14:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
they'd been ambushed so shortly after, freya hadn't had time to sort their story with . but to admit to the situation would bring up too many unanswerable questions and so she feigns professional interest, stuffing away their little skirmish with the drk triad in a box. 

"i never answered that letter of hers," she says instead, which is the truth. though she had kept the dragon. 

she tests the waters - "have there been any reports? sightings?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 8:23:38 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"There have been sightings the last few months," her reply reeks of venom, matched only by her narrowed gaze zeroing in on the monotonous faces shifting in and out of the research station. How many of them have received letters? How many replied?
[break][break]

How fast will those numbers change?
[break][break]

"She's like walking bait,"
[break][break]

She shakes her head.
[break][break]

"And people are biting."
[break][break]

While the names of the damned were still fuzzy in her mind, there was no denying the growing suspicion that empowered her rage. Like molten magma, it forges her resolves and strengthens her fury.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 23:51:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the venom isn't unfounded, but freya's all too curious why the words are steeped so thoroughly in acidity. she'd wondered the same of the others, and of the rest of the league. nomi's genuine demeanor hadn't swayed freya in totality, but so long as eva fights on her side...

there's little choice to be had. 

"maybe the drk triad will bite too," she says thoughtfully. 

and they'll end up spun into another reality or worse. 

"if there are things to be learned down here, we'll find her. and if we don't, they will."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 8:15:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","fas fa-fire"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

"If they are that easily fooled by niceties they wouldn't be such a threat."
[break][break]
They would be herd sheep, easily led by a few simple words and a pairing of godly powers backing the statement.
[break][break]
But, instead, it was Hoennians happily filling that role, playing the part of the fool with glee.
[break][break]
"You speak with such calm certainty," her gaze flicked over to the councilwoman's, a glint shining through the slits of scarlet piercing into pools of gold. "I envy that."

[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".angel"]--accent:#A54339; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 4:38:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"it's more than niceties," she argues. the drakloak that had shadowed her here drifts closer, making its head available when she tiredly leans back. "she pleads earnestly. and with conviction. those are powerful tools wielded by too few. i imagine some of our numbers have already become undone."

she sighs out of one side of her nose, thin lips scrunching up in the corners.

"i was molded to be a politician. never quite fit the bill, but i suppose bits and pieces stuck. don't envy me for being better at hiding my fears, livy. "

she's quiet for a bit after that. idly, she raises a hand to thumb miirym's snout. "i'm just as terrified as anyone else with the knowledge we have. we know some of what's out there and we know we don't know half of what's out there. and most days, i still forget to say, i'm scared, because sometimes you just need to hear, i'm scared too."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 5:38:57 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","fas fa-fire"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

"convictions, sure, but earnest?" It's hard not to laugh. An earnest Rocket was an oxymoron as rare as childhood fantasies. "She's a walking contradiction."
[Break][break]
But that didn't change the fact of the matter, nor the dangers lurking within this new reality she has crafted for them.
[Break][break]
"We were never meant to become robots," she sighed, shaking her head. From their left, Oliver could be heard squaking, signaling his return from scouting out the perimeter. He made purchase of her shoulder.
[Break][break]
"Even if the world wants us to. Better to feel than to forget why this even matters in the first place."
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".angel"]--accent:#A54339; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 19:45:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
once upon a time, she may have agreed with her, but the world is anything but black and white. humans are walking contradictions. totality will always, always burn you. 

"i know that too well," she says, lips a thin line. she'd tried to forget once, when all that pain had become too much. why live and fight for herself when she could abandon the person who let her down time and time again?

why suffer when she could abandon herself for another?

"it took me too long to learn we don't have to shoulder our pain alone." she looks at her, curious. "does chi-yu help share your burdens?"
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights