[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]science event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TINKERING 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You enter a messy workshop. Various material, tools, and machinery surround you all and a workbench. On the workbench is a broken PokeGear. It does not bear the Silph symbol; instead, it bears an odd logo instead:[break][break]

[break][break]

What do you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Find materials to fix it.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Destroy it and the workshop.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rks: freya and hideo ii
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 4:55:13 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she thinks that, perhaps, the follow-up will be better in the simulated universe. that it might take the edge off. that it might give them some means of distraction. all in all, she doesn't want him to feel that her anger at alexei have anything to do with him. 

she's still frustrated at what this has come to. she's still frustrated at how divided they all are. and she knows they have every right to be. there are people, worse than those in rocket, that they praise and adore. 

he'll slip up, she tells herself. he'll slip up and they'll catch him and justice will finally be had. 

she turns over the pokegear in her hands and describes the logo to hideo, then places it down. 

"i wanted to talk about what happened at the gym leader summit."
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 23:11:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo knew he'd have to have a private meeting with Freya after the Gym Leader meeting. Though he would've expected it to be at her office, rather than in the RKS simulation.

The simulation they started with was a familiar one - he could recognize the messy workshop from Uxie's description, and knew exactly what that Pokegear she had would do once fixed.

He nodded along with her description, and braces himself for the incoming scoldings.

He was not excited for this talk.

But it was time to face the music. He knew this might happen when he resolved himself to opening up.

"About Uxie, right?" He asked - said subject floated by his side, undisguised. No need for one with present company, the pixie whimsically floating around in the open.

"And just letting you know, I've done this scenario before. If we fix that Pokegear, a DRK Triad member'll speak through it."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 3:38:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"somewhat," she says, giving a nonchalant side-eye to the pokemon of topic floating beside them. she doesn't know enough about the lake guardians or sinnohan lore to begin at why or what or how with her questions. 

the human counterpart, though, she can handle. 

"do you know what happens if we destroy it?" she asks. 

"and i want to know a few things, if you're willing to discuss it. i won't make you, but keep in mind that's as much an answer as anything." she pauses briefly. "where did the league fail you?"
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 20:25:33 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Dunno. Only did this one once before, and we fixed it."

Rather, fixed it, with a little help from Uxie. Hideo had just sat around chatting with her as she worked. He didn't know nearly enough about technology to fix that kind of stuff.

And maybe destroying the device would have a much different outcome.

Though no outcome would get him out of the questioning he faced now.

"I…the League didn't fail me. I just, I didn't know what would happen if word got out that I had Uxie…if it got leaked to some group like Rocket."

Which wasn't a lie; that was the implication he got from 's warning. And already brought up one traitor during the reveal. Heck, it didn't even take a traitor to say the wrong thing to the wrong person.

"I wasn't in a great spot if word reached the wrong people. I was traveling the region on my own for a while, when Uxie first joined me."

"And I didn't know if the League itself would've forced me to join up with AQUA if they knew I had Uxie sooner, or if I did it before I was a Gym Leader."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 23:07:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

so the story unravels. she wants to pick at it, to uncover just how many people knew before this all came out, but that would only lead to more frustrations. and a pockmarked past that could not change the present or their futures. so she lets it rest. 

the grander scheme of it all can't be ignored. distrust with the league, she can understand. she'd been there herself. were it her two years ago, she may have kept it to herself. were she in his position, traveling alone, a child, she would have without a doubt. 

she grabs beakers and trinkets, goes about setting the place ablaze because he already knows what's happened should they fix it. 

"i can forgive that. thank you for telling me." words without bite. "at the end of the day, aqua is a decision. skyler and angelo were free agents for a very long time before they signed on." and now they're gone. like so many others. 

"we don't ask anyone to do anything against their will. we're meant to be the antithesis to rocket." unspoken lay the truth - that they are not always. 

Destroy it and the workshop.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 23:20:22 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo had his emotional armor up, ready for the same scoldings gave him. He was expecting a similar degree to what got during the Gym Leader meeting, and he was ready to say the same words that'd gotten Paxton off his case - that he'd be more open, that he'd trust the League more.

But that armor didn't prepare him for empathy, her words catching him off guard and leaving him speechless for a moment.

The unused armor now just felt like a pointless weight.

"Oh." It'd take another moment before he said anything else. "Uh, thank you. For understanding."

He could hear her throw glass around, the starting of a blaze clear to hear. He could also hear Uxie joining in, several other beakers tossed around as a grin sat on the pixie's face - though it also gently guided Hideo away from the ensuing destruction.

"If…if I did get involved with AQUA, even just as a free agent, what would I be doing? I already help the region as a Gym Leader, so…"

He'd already had this kind of discussion with , with the prospect of using Uxie's memory manipulation on the table. One he wasn't too sure if he was comfortable with.

Then again, he didn't entirely know what AQUA did, other than fight big threats. Which he technically already helped do.

Destroy it and the workshop. +50 points

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights