Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 6:03:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
slateport shines pristine beneath hoenn's sun. though it is built upon the bones of past tragedies, little scarring is betrayed on first look. commercial districts remain postered in celebratory palettes, while the beach is polka-dotted with rainbow and paisley umbrellas.[break][break]

however, should one look close enough, they would be able to find the quiet corners of trauma. abandoned alleyways. quiet memorials. new brick set among old.[break][break]

noah visits naito's dojo. he holds a folder of posters, business cards. he has done his best to look presentable—but all that means is that he has chosen his best athleisure to wear.[break][break]

"noah from verdanturf here!" the gym leader calls out. he looks for a damian as he surveys the premise. "damn, this dojo's one of the nicer ones i've seen."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
tl;dr LEMME KNOW IF THIS WORKS!! Signed up for a mission too![break][break]

canon connection mission - march

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/qySCVWd/setticon5.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
Power Is More Than Just Muscles
awards
231 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 22:13:09 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

When Noah stepped into the dojo announcing his arrival, a few students were in the middle of a kata practice: Kanku Sho.[break][break]

Between them, there were a few Pokémon, including a Primeape and a Minccino, and all of them followed the movements of Thea, that was in front of them to mirror and guide what they should do, while Damian corrected and adjusted each of the students posture, aiming for a perfect form for each of them, for every movement of the kata. However, Noah sudden arrival caught some of these students off guard, and one even turned to look at him, prompting Damian to give him a quick chop on his head.[break][break]

"Ow!"[break][break]

"Focus." He scolded, glancing at Noah and nodding briefly, acknowledging his arrival but not interrupting the kata practice just yet. Thea also glanced at the newcomer, but without turning her face or moving out of her current stance until the practice resumed.[break][break]

The younger and less experienced students, that were sitting by the sides of the dojo, looked at the man with curiosity... And a Wigglytuff that was sitting with them began rolling at his direction until she bumped on his leg softly and looked up at him with a smug smile, tilting her head and making the curl of her forehead twitch. The request was clear: 'Pet me'.[break][break]

Whether or not the Wigglytuff entertained Noah enough to keep him busy, the practice took less than a minute to end, and after a final bow between the students to Thea, and then to Damian, the sensei gave the students free time for them to spar between each other before turning and approaching Noah. Thea followed right from behind.[break][break]

"Noah. I didn't expect a visit." Damian bowed.[break][break]

"Hm? Do you know him, dad? Is he your friend?" Thea asked, adjusting the obi of her karategi.[break][break]

"No, but you should know him. He is the Leader of Verdanturf's Gym." Damian explained, looking at Noah as if asking for confirmation while Thea blinked surprised at the reveal. Then, Damian added: "My name is Damian Naito. She is my daughter, Thea. What brings you to our dojo?" He inquired.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=.gunstest2]--accent:#D4AF37;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gunstest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 8:40:30 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the chop on the student's head tickles noah. he's reminded of his own training. a simpler time. a sepia-caressed childhood and all of its bumps and bruises. [break][break]

as he reminisces upon the rough, noah pets the wigglytuff. fingers swab through its soft tufts. [break][break]

"mr. naito." noah bows too, but one eye spies thea behind the master. he returns upright and his flop of hair settles about his boyish face. "and nice to meet you, thea!"[break][break]

noah withdraws his hand from the wigglytuff's delicate fur. he opens his folder, the knockout badge's design featured prominently on its face. from it, he pulls verdanturf gym posters.[break][break]

"hoenn's been going through it recently. we need strong fighters more than ever." he can't keep his eye away from thea. "thought verdanturf gym could sponsor your dojo. maybe even thea, herself?" he speaks with a cheeky smile.[break][break]

[break][break]

tl;dr LEMME KNOW IF THIS WORKS!! Signed up for a mission too![break][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/qySCVWd/setticon5.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
231 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 13:56:59 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The Wigglytuff huffed satisfied at the petting, nuzzling Noah's hand a moment before he withdrew it and then rolling closer to Thea and Damian. The surprise in Thea's face was still visible, but that didn't stop her from having some manners. "It is nice to meet you, Mr. Noah!" She chirped, looking at him with an excited sparkle in her eyes. If he was a Gym Leader, that meant he was tough, right?[break][break]

When Noah mentioned a sponsoring, Damian's usual stoic expression didn't stop him from raising an eyebrow, with it darkening mildly at the mention of the recent events, which reminded him of the past ones as well. For Thea, the reminder also struck her a bit, but the excitement of the moment overshadowed those feelings, and she perked up even more when her name was directly mentioned. "It sure has been going through a lot... And it isn't every day we receive an offer like this one." He looked at the poster, then glanced at Thea, handing it to her since she was about to snatch it from his hand if he took any longer.[break][break]

"I must ask though. Sponsoring in what way? Collaborative training, or..?"[break][break]

Before he could continue his question, Thea barged in, after reading the poster in record-breaking speed: "This means we will train together?!"[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=.gunstest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 6:14:54 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
noah hams it up. the enthusiastic response is matched with a proud swelling of the chest. a flexing of a bicep crowned by a playful pat.[break][break]

"we'll train together like crazy." noah grins at thea, teeth catching the sunny light of her contagious energy. [break][break]

"but yeah! collaborative training. lending pokemon. advertising. a personal connection with the league... oh and also security! in case you ever feel like the rocket threat is approaching."[break][break]

he presses his hands into his hips as if to become their shield.[break][break]

"seems like your daughter can handle herself quite well though?"

[break][break]

tl;dr WAHOO[break][break]

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
231 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 16:13:30 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"Aaah!" Thea was pumped up after the confirmation that they would train a lot, and while Damian mustered a faint smile to her daughter being excited, he didn't show much, not wanting to give too much credit for her while she was misbehaving.[break][break]

"I like the offer, and I think it would help the dojo plenty. But I imagine we can't just take all the benefits and call it a day. How can we contribute?" Damian inquired, and when asked about Thea, she responded it herself.[break][break]

"When we start training you will see." She grinned, and Damian took a deep breath.[break][break]

"She is a tough girl. But she still needs to learn how the real world works." Damian explained.[break][break]

"Hey... You are the one that don't let me out." She crossed her arms while retorting.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 7:27:27 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"my gym trainers have been too busy preparing for rocket incursions. i'm short-staffed in a way." [break][break]

noah rubs the back of his neck, fingers tickling bristle hairs. he ruminates on rocket's disruption. the way it has torn calendars, ripped bucket lists and scattered baby books.[break][break]

but such turmoil has brought noah and the naitos together. together, perhaps, for generations to come.[break][break]

"lending some of yours to help train our pokemon, our younger verdanturf kids."[break][break]

the gym leader tucks his folder beneath his arm.[break][break]

"maybe thea could give me a test run?" noah laughs. "she could show me what she knows on the tatami?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
231 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 14:14:53 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Damian nodded to Noah's words. "Alright, we can do that. We should have enough people to help to train the kids... And if you are dealing with the Rockets, that's even more reason for us to help." As he spoke that sentence, he could feel Thea's gaze locked on him, making he close his eyes as he sighed briefly. "... And Thea can help with the training too, it may be a good experience for her."[break][break]

Thea cheered with a clenched fist, it was the first time her father was greenlighting something that involved a Gym to her. "I can help for sure!" Thea chirped, turning to Noah with a confident grin. "I can sure show you what I can do, I will do my best!" Her eyes went down to Gominha, that looked up at her with bubbly eyes before turning to go for Zeus and Belle, poking her fellow Pokémon to get ready to a spar.[break][break]

"You better not make me regret it, Thea." Damian crossed his arms, already knowing how far her daughter was willing to go if he let her be loose a little bit.[break][break]

"You won't regret a thing, I promise I won't do anything stupid." She said, looking at Noah and then moving closer to the center of the Dojo, clasping her feet against the tatami. "By the way, you said Rockets Incursions... Are they planning another attack?" Her expression was still cheerful, but the tone of her voice faltered a bit by the end of her question.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 23:09:53 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
upon damian's approval, gratitude is quick to warm noah's frame. like polymer clay, his muscles relax. his shoulders loosen. his breath softens like stretching toffee.[break][break]

"verdanturf gym is looking forward to our partnership." [break][break]

the gym leader sets his folder to the side of the mats. on his shorts, a trio of pokeballs are attached to cycling holsters: galarian design.[break][break]

"they're probably planning something." noah says. "always good to be prepared, right thea?" he repeats the name; remembers it. "so, just you and me? or the pokemon too?"[break][break]

from his pokeballs, a HARIYAMA and MEDICHAM manifest from scarlet light onto the tatami.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
231 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 17:24:21 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"The Naito's Dojo express the same, Mr. Noah. Thank you very much for the opportunity." Damian bowed his head briefly, offering a handshake before they moved deeper into the Dojo.[break][break]

As the time Thea was waiting was finally approaching, she was clearly more pumped up, nodding at Noah's words. "Of course, a prepared warrior is a strong one!" She exclaims, pondering about his question for a moment, and opedning her eyes widely when seeing the Pokémon of their guest. "These are beautiful Pokémons, Mr. Noah!" Her grin only grew as he implied that they were going to spar personally as well. "For now, only our Pokémons. Then it will be our turn, if you have time!" She looked at her Primeape and her Wigglytuff, gesturing for them to approach.[break][break]

THEA SENT OUT ZEUS AND GOMINHA

Zeus Gominha
[break][break]

With the two Pokémons prepared, Thea looked at Noah. "One at a time, or doubles?" She asked, while her father moved to be between the two opponents, raising both of his hands.[break][break]

"Otagi ni rei." Damian gestured his hands down for the opponents to bow respectfully to each other.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Should we make any rolls for these, or should we talk out the results? Lemme know! :3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 2:48:04 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
thea's enthusiasm courses through noah like a dewford wave. he has missed this purity of emotion. not that he hasn't experienced it before, mind you; however, noah has forever feared that battling has been marred by the ongoing war. [break][break]

that battling would forever tie itself to the basin of violence and bloodshed rather than the spirit and heart of dojos like the naito's.[break][break]

noah grins, "how about a doubles? that way i see double the muscle. they look real tough. trained well." [break][break]

he bows.[break][break]

it has been awhile since he has adhered to such traditions. he remembers ecruteak. his old home.[break][break]

"don't hold back, alright?"

[break][break]

tl;dr im down with discussing a result and narratively reaching it!! i don't mind win or lose!![break][break]

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
231 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 16:37:49 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Thea looked at Zeus and Gominha, wondering what was their opinion on a doubles. The two Pokémon looked at each other, Gominha smirking smugly at Zeus as he huffed, hesitantly offering a fist bump to her. Gominha chirped, giving him a squishy hug instead before getting on a fighting stance while Zeus oinked faintly, getting himself ready too.[break][break]

"Sounds like a doubles is a great idea. I accept it!" Thea bowed respectfully, locking her eyes on Noah's as she showed a hyped grin. "Of course, don't go easy on us either!"[break][break]

With both of them finishing their greetings, Damian lowered his hand. "Shobu hajime!" He announced the start of the battle.[break][break]

"Gominha, engage! Zeus, wait for an opening!"[break][break]

Gominha took a quick step forward, inflating and thrusting her hand to try and grapple Medicham, using her free hand to Play Rough with strikes on her target's center of mass, if she managed to do it. Zeus, meanwhile, watched how his opponents reacted to his partner's approach while he Focused Energy.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 0:35:04 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
there is no repose allowed. just the smallest pause for breath—and that is enough for noah to face thea head-on.[break][break]

"don't let the ape wait, fong!" noah leaps and punches the air. his shirt billows around his stomach as he lands. "don't be scared of her! match her strikes, roda!"[break][break]

the gym leader's hariyama rushes for the primeape, nimble tabi-shaped feet darting across the tatami like skipping stones. throughout its charge, its flat palms fan the air as a WHIRLWIND develops behind, propelling the pokemon for a pounce on the ape.[break][break]

meanwhile, noah's medicham is grappled. the pink seizes its body—but a BULLET PUNCH compensates for its compromised stature, fists colliding with loud crashes against the wigglytuff's relentless PLAY ROUGH.[break][break]

"so thea!" noah says. "why do you and your pokemon fight? why so eager?!"

[break][break]

tl;dr hariyama utilizes whirlwind to close gap and pounce on primeape; medicham is grappled, but tries to deflect each blow from wigglytuff with BULLET PUNCH[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
231 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 17:08:15 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The part Thea waited the most finally came when Noah called his Pokémon to engage the fight. His passionate instructions brought a grin to her lips, she knew she was fighting with someone that was going to enjoy that as much as she would![break][break]

Zeus managed to keep his focus as long as he could, waiting for an opening. But Fong's fierce approach had his eyes growing wide open, not expecting the Whirlwind boost for his speed. The pounce struck and knocked Zeus away while he tried a backward roll to recover his stance, with his feet and hands tracing the tatami as he clenched them against the ground, halting his body from sliding further.[break][break]

"Zeus! He is bigger than you, use this to your advantage!"[break][break]

The reminder got Zeus to wait for another approach, before he rotated his body to give strength for a Low Kick on the side of Fong's left leg.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Gominha exchanged blows didn't seem to be beneficial against Roda. Her opponent was much quicker, and while the buoyancy of her body usually cushioned any hit she received, the Bullet Punches were particularly devastating, piercing her defenses and forcing her to release the grapple, wincing a bit.[break][break]

"Gominha! Close the distance, don't leave range for the punches to land!"[break][break]

The Wigglytuff tried to shake off the pain, rolling forward and shrinking for a moment, trying to reach for Roda's legs and trying a morote gari to send Roda to the ground, trying to get on top of her to Disable the Bullet Punches.[break][break]

While their Pokémon fought, Thea's eyes shifted to Noah's, and his question brought a grin to her lips. "First it was because I wanted to show the world how beautiful Martial Arts can be! It isn't only strength, it is discipline, it is form! It is a beautiful art on its own, pretty just like a dance or a music play!" She clenched her fist. "... But now... It is also because I want to protect those that I love! I want to be strong enough for it someday!"[break][break]

Damian, who was watching the fight, took a deep breath upon his daughter's words. His expressions didn't falter, but he knew where his daughter was coming from— A pride and fear occurred in his mind, however.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

• Primeape tried a Low Kick to use Hariyama's weight against himself as a counter attack

• Gominha's grapple break, and she tried a to get Medicham to the floor to Disable her Bullet Punch

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
to rebuild (m)
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 8:36:22 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
tatami strikes the hariyama as it buckles. the LOW KICK is potent—and the DISABLE is too. medicham limbs fall limp. knuckles dull and drag into an invisible mire.[break][break]

"your heart's in the right place," the gym leader says, "you just gotta make sure it doesn't break!"[break][break]

the floor is no stranger to noah's pokemon. even when pinned or forced to the stable firmament, panic dares not settle.[break][break]

"hoenn? living here? it's been a true test of my strength. my discipline."[break][break]

his hariyama needs time to recover; however, the medicham closes its eyes. with pure focus, the medicham thrusts its palms toward the wigglytuff for a reverse defib: DRAIN PUNCH.

[break][break]

tl;dr hariyama buckles to mat/medicham tries to drain punch[break]
[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights