Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
i'm the ugliest guy on the lower east side, but i've got wheels and you want to go for a ride.
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 11:25:40 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal eddieh"]
[attr="class","top"]

Slateport was only meant to be a pit-stop on Eddie's journey home. Admittedly, he was taking the long way around; yeah, he could have easily gone from Route 112 down south to Mauville and back to Rustboro via the Rusturf Tunnel, but you know what Slateport had that Mauville, Verdanturf, and Rustboro somehow didn't? [break][break]

Some damn good coffee. Eddie could hardly contain his excitement when he took his first sip of the hot, overly sweet beverage as he sat at a table just outside of the coffee shop's windows. He'd first had the absolute pleasure of sampling this brew a month or so ago at a vendor's stall in Lilycove. When Eddie found out later that they had a brick-and-mortar location, he was determined to make the pilgrimage there. [break][break]

And it was so worth it. He grinned like an idiot as he savored the hazelnut and salted caramel concoction, as blissful as a man could be. The Pawmot sitting across from him didn't look quite as rapturously content as Eddie did, but Vash at least seemed to enjoy the little cup of steamed milk and whipped cream he'd been given. [break][break]

Determined to make the delicious drink last, Eddie wiped the foam from his upper lip and set the cup down, instead turning to watch some of the pedestrians passing by just beyond the coffee shop's outdoor seating area. Some strode past along the sidewalk to make their way back to the Upper District proper, while others ambled over to the park with their own snacks or drinks in hand. He found himself mostly staring without focusing on anything in particular, until a familiar face came into view, distinct among the sea of strangers. Huh, could it be …? [break][break]

?” [break][break]

Huh, small world![break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
mission

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".eddieh"] --accent:#d4a53c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto 20px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center; margin-top:-20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; width:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 103px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#212121; } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent; padding:0px 0px 12px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal]position:relative;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 0:00:33 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

It was never ending, getting her pieces moved from Petalburg to Slateport, having worked tirelessly to make sure that her accreditation was accepted for her work in Hisuian History. The effort was worth it though, and Yuina had already started making herself comfortable in the larger city that she now worked within.[break][break]
She did miss some of the restaurants and other cafes that she had visited around the smaller museum before, but it was such an incredible opportunity to have her work displayed in the largest museum in the region, and to know that she had room to expand. The tradeoffs were definitely there.[break][break]
Donning an outfit that was much unlike her Ranger's Uniform, a pair of nice flats, tights and a panel style skirt, a white button up blouse tucked into the waist, and glasses situated on the bridge of her nose, Yuina walked through the streets of Slateport. Moroe padded along at her heels, the Zorua a favorite and stapled ambassador for her Hisuian History work, while Yuina glanced through a book that she held in one hand, her other carrying another set of books and journals, more work and studying for her new position.[break][break]
She was on her way to the nearby park that she had heard about, enticed at the idea of spending some time out and away from her desk, an opportunity for Higumei to stretch and relax, when she paused... Was that her name?[break]
Yuina glanced around, closing the book she held in her hand, glasses sliding down the bridge of her nose a bit before she found a famliar face sitting just outside a cafe.[break][break]
"Eddie? Hey, how are you," Yuina smiled, it would be difficult not to recognize the man that had nearly carried her all the way back to the base on their expedition.

notes[break]
Mission: Bond Bridge March '24 -> Slateport[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
i'm the ugliest guy on the lower east side, but i've got wheels and you want to go for a ride.
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 13:09:49 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Eddie beamed happily, and came precariously close to catching the small table with his knee when he suddenly stood up to approach her, [break][break]

“I'm doin' great!” he called, “How about you? It's good to see ya on your feet!” [break][break]

It was harrowing to think of the circumstances that had lead to their first meeting, and of the ancient titans the two of them had been caught between back in the Chasm. But Yuina had saved the lives of their expedition group that day, and it was a relief to see that she seemed no worse for wear on the outside, at least. [break][break]

The trip down Memory Lane could wait, though. Eddie found himself temporarily distracted when he noticed Yuina's companion for her outing. His eyes widened with curiosity as he regarded the strangely ethereal fox, [break][break]

“Yer Zorua's cool, but I ain't seen one that looks like that before. Some kinda regional variant?” [break][break]

While his trainer yapped like an over-excited Growlithe, the Pawmot made his way over to the group, waddling over with his paper cup gently clutched between his two paw-like hands. He looked up at Yuina, sporting a milk-froth mustache that he didn't seem to realize was there.[break][break]

mission

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto 20px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; width:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 103px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#212121; } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent; padding:0px 0px 12px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 17:27:34 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Yuina was delighted, smiling as it was in fact confirmed that Eddie was there sat outside of a cafe. She worked to situate the couple of books and journals that she held so that they were cradled in one arm, pushing up her glasses a bit.[break][break]
"Oh that's good, I'm glad," Yuina smiled, looking up to him now as he had approached her, fortune favoring him in not taking the entire coffee table with him in his strides.[break]
"I'm doing alright, it was just a few scrapes and scratches you know? Nothing serious," Yuina mused, making light of the near dire circumstances they had been in. She had a limp for a while, and the bruising had started to clear up at least... She'd already been through worse, what was a couple more surface level injuries at the time.[break][break]
There was no need to step back into that space though, the chasm was far from where they were now, and Yuina was more focused on the newest step in her work at present. Moroe looked up at the other human that approached, her yellow eyes almost glowing, glinting in the sunlight. She padded forward, sniffing around as her blue fur moved behind her in wispy ribbons. The fox yipped at being acknowledged, though her voice sounded distant, hollow even, in spite of being right there in front of Eddie.[break][break]
"This is Moroe," Yuina introduced first, smiling down at the fox, the endearment that Yuina held for the Pokemon was clear in her tone.[break]
"You could say that. She's one of my ambassadors for my studies in Hisuian History. Her species, like a handful that have shown up in the region recently, is actually supposed to be extinct. But time-space distortions have made the impossible, possible," Yuina explained, though her smile quickly turned to a laugh as she looked down to the orange Pokemon that waddled towards her holding its own cup, froth bubbling along its muzzle.[break][break]
"And who's this little guy?"

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 15:46:28 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He had to stop himself from snorting incredulously at Yuina's dismissal of her injuries, but there was something about her stoic bravado that he could respect. He would have done the same in her shoes, Eddie realized, if only to keep the other party from worrying. [break][break]

So instead he refocused his attention on Moroe and grinned further at the obvious warmth in Yuina's tone, [break][break]

“Hisuian history? Sounds interestin',” he mused with genuine intrigue, “I'll be honest, I wasn't the best at that sorta thing in school, 'less it was about the old Alto Marean empire, and even then I could only list off a couple'a emperors and generals.” [break][break]

But that was definitely a rabbit hole for another day. The Pawmot cried happily in acknowledgment of Yuina's mirth; he really seemed to enjoy being the center of attention, [break][break]

“That's Vash! Met 'em when I was out on a jog a few days ago. He's a good kid.” [break][break]

While Vash did his absolute best to continue to charm Yuina with his cuteness, a thought occurred to Eddie as he glanced back from the Pawmot to the Zorua. Huh, an extinct species from long ago, ripped through a space-time distortion? It got some gears turning in Eddie's head, specifically regarding a matter that had been nagging at him since a little after he'd moved to Hoenn, [break][break]

“Hey, what can ya tell me about Pokemon like Moroe? Yanno, the ones that are supposed to be extinct. What other kinda species are kickin' around from way back when?” [break][break]

But before such discussions could begin, Eddie realized that they should probably find somewhere comfortable to sit first. He quickly glanced back to the table he had been sitting at, over to the park, and back to the books Yuina was carrying, [break][break]

“If, uh, ya don't mind me buggin' ya for an impromptu history lesson, that is.”[break][break]

mission

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 21:35:52 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Taking in her brief explanation, Eddie laughed and regaled his own steps into history, in regards to schooling at one point. Yuina laughed too, school lessons were one thing (did she have any official schooling to her name before?), but there was something to be said about being able to learn about the subjects someone found most interesting in their own way. Perhaps by way of a museum or exhibit visit.[break][break]
"Mmm, teachers can only do so much in schooling. History is so much more than reading through a textbook and memorizing dates and events," Yuina returned thoughtfully, she had her own opinions about how history could be marred and skewed by such shallow perceptions.[break][break]
Her attention was drawn again to the small orange Pokemon that was delighted at her attention, and she too was delighted in kind. He was adorable![break]
"Vash? Aren't you just the cutest thing, I'd pick you up if I wasn't holding all of my journals," Yuina giggled, where Moroe continued to sniff at him from the ground, carefully and silently approaching him otherwise.[break][break]
Yuina looked up to Eddie though at his wonderings, and if her eyes could truly sparkle they would have. For better or for worse, she adored talking about hisuian history and the Pokemon that came from the era. Maybe it was a bit self indulgent, in a way it was like being able to talk about herself, without actually talking about herself...[break][break]
"Only if you won't regret asking me for an impromptu history lesson... I am a historian after all, I work at the slateport museum here, it's a passion, so I don't treat it like a teacher," Yuina smiled, nearly beaming, and she gestured for Eddie to come along if he'd like to, she was heading towards the park anyway after all.[break][break]
"Hisuian era Pokemon can be considered 'regional variants' in a way, given that their typing or evolution lines can differ from those we know today, or those known between regions. Moroe for instance, where Zorua native to the Unova region are Dark Type Pokemon, she is a Normal/Ghost type Pokemon. Unovan Zorua and Zoroark made a migration to Hisui centuries ago, but the environment was so harsh and the settlements there so unforgiving, that their species could no longer survive. So they all perished, and were reborn as ghosts," Yuina began, she had noted in many of her studies working with her particular Pokemon that they were vastly different than their present day counterparts.[break][break]
"In regards to other species, I have found sixteen different species and evolution lines that come from the Hisui era including Voltorb, Sneasel, Growlithe. I have another one of my ambassadors with me today, we were on our way to the park. He might not look like it, but he really does enjoy being socialized."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 13:30:58 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Eddie happily followed and listened, eager not just to learn, but to witness someone truly impassioned by sharing such knowledge. Vash relinquished his hold on the paper cup long enough to give the fox a pat on the head as he toddled behind his trainer carefully, moving slow to keep the rest of his precious drink from spilling onto the ground. [break][break]

Yuina's excitement was infectious as she detailed the intricacies of the ancient Zorua species. Eddie found he was almost paying more attention to her emphatic tone and intonation instead of the actual information she was communicating, but he did cast a pitying sidelong glance down at Moroe at the mention of their cursed existence. It was just so sad; the poor little guys were just trying to make a life for themselves only to be cut down by tragedy and resurrected as spirits. Eddie felt a chill rush through him despite the warmth of the spring day, [break][break]

“Wait, Growlithe? [break][break]

By the time Eddie managed to mentally catch up to the rest of the conversation, he was struck by a flicker of realization. Before he could inquire about who the second ambassador of the ancient past would be, Eddie stopped suddenly and fished around through one of his pockets for his smartphone, flicking through some pictures before he found what he was looking for, [break][break]

“Weird question, but, uh, would one'a those Hisui-era Growlithes look somethin' like this?” [break][break]

[break][break]

He held up the phone for Yuina to see the image he'd dragged up from his camera roll. Blanche stared happily at the camera with an expression that Eddie had come to know as the one she used when she was begging for treats. She was cute enough that the look(tm) was usually pretty effective at getting her what she wanted, too. Eddie couldn't resist the dopey, easy charm of that wide smile.[break][break]

mission

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 1:36:19 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

There were many reasons why Moroe was one of Yuina's most well versed ambassadors for her studies, not the least of which being how close they'd grown during her time in the village in that far away past. Moroe's species had essentially died twice in a sense, perishing in Hisui and then becoming extinct centuries later. She was a leading example of what happened when humans interfered in the natural environments of the Pokemon world, even far beyond industrialization.[break]
It was due to human ignorance, and the baseless fear of the unknown that Zorua and Zoroark had to die in order to live any life at all. It could be said that was one of her bigger qualms with the village settlers, even as close as she had grown to them in that time...[break][break]
Moroe padded along as Yuina began to continue on their way to the park, but her ears flicked and her tail swayed at the small form of affection the orange Pokemon gave in a pat on her head. The fox yipped, chuffing a bit as Vash toddled forward, though she was very interested then in the cup he held in his paws? It smelled very good...[break][break]
Yuina very well would have continued to prattle on if Eddie hadn't stopped her first, he sounded almost concerned about her mention of Growlithe. She stopped when he did, blinking up at him through her glasses as he took a moment to take out his phone. He wondered, if the picture he had, was a Hisuian Growlithe?[break]
Yuina smiled again, shifting some of the books and journals that she cradled so close in her arms before bringing up one in particular. She flipped through the pages, she didn't have to guess, she'd memorized it cover to cover, before holding up the book for Eddie to see. Within the pages, there was a clear depiction of the Kantonian Growlithe that everyone knew of, lighter orange fur, shorter, thinner muzzle, eyes fully displayed. Beside it, an old journal sketch of the picture he held out, a canine Pokemon with a mane that covered its face and went down its chest.[break][break]
"Why yes, it is," Yuina confirmed, holding out the book for Eddie to take if he so chose.[break]
"The Growlithe and Arcanine of that era are very interesting, and poignant in Hisui's history too. Their gray fur is infused with igneous rock, and the horn on their head is made out of rock entirely. They were exposed to volcanic activity in the portion of the region they were indigenous to, and so they are Fire/Rock types," Yuina smiled, she was very fond of Kano, her own Arcanine. They were such a well loved species for those who understood their importance to Hisui.[break][break]
"It is said that one particular Hisuian Arcanine was worshipped as a direct descendant of one of the ten ancient Pokemon that received a blessing from the gods. He was a noble Pokemon that reigned over the 'Cobalt Coastlands'"

notes[break]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 15:10:31 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Holy shit. The realization struck Eddie like a bolt of lightning; he knew Blanche was special! [break][break]

“Well ain't that somethin'!” he remarked with awe, gently taking the book from Yuina and studying it carefully, “'Fire/Rock types', huh? Man, guess that explains why she hates baths so damn much.” [break][break]

It struck him as absurd that the first Pokemon he met in Hoenn was one displaced across the vast landscape of space and time. What were the odds that he'd meet a Pokemon from the distant past who was more at home in a mountainous land far away? But in a way, it stoked a new feeling of kinship that Eddie couldn't help but extend towards the gregarious little dog; the both of them were far from home, it seemed, so maybe it was only natural that they'd found each other, [break][break]

“I wonder if she could grow up to be some kinda noble Pokemon.” [break][break]

Eddie carefully closed the book and handed it back to Yuina, grinning like a kid in a candy store, [break][break]

“Thanks for sharin' that with me! Oh – ya mentioned another ambassador Pokemon; didja happen to bring a Hisuian Arcanine with ya?” [break][break]

Nearby, Vash similarly beamed at the amicable Zorua, delighted by the little fox's reciprocated friendliness. He carefully lowered and tipped his cup of warm milk forward for the little Ghost to sample if she chose to do so.[break][break]

mission

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 2:57:55 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Yuina could only continue to smile as Eddie took the book from her, examining its pages, drawing in the information that she provided. So he did have a Hisuian Growlithe with him? She'd be interested to know when and where he might have found her, if there had been a distortion nearby, if there were others around the area to suggest that they were forming new habitats... But that was all the academia talking. She didn't need to get that far into it.[break][break]
"It is something, and that means you are too," Yuina nodded, drawing her book back to close it, setting it back into the stack she craddled in her arms.[break]
"Hisuian Growlithe are very dissimilar to their Kantonian counterparts that are known for their outward friendliness and unwavering loyalty," she began, beginning to walk again with Eddie towards the park they neared.[break][break]
"Humans were a very small presence in Hisui, their influence was very sparse for a time. Pokemon were not accustomed to finding and bonding with a human as they are now, and Growlithe in particular were very vigilant for self preservations. To be chosen by one, displaced by a distortion, is very special," Yuina remarked, a soft smile as she looked up to Eddie. Perhaps she might sound a little over dramatic, a little too into the prose or the poetic nature of regaling the past... But she meant it. She knew what it meant for these Pokemon to trust in a human when they otherwise would never need to, or would have sooner killed the human in question for encroaching upon their territory, because she'd seen it.[break]
She herself was already fond of Eddie, he was very compassionate and that was important where it counted most. She could understand why he might have been able to win the heart of an otherwise lost and displaced Pokemon.[break][break]
Moving forward towards the park, reaching its boundaries, Eddie wondered if her other ambassador was an Arcanine.[break]
"Oh... Well now I wish that I had brought Kano with me today... I'm sure he would have liked you very much," Yuina admitted, she didn't have her own Arcanine with her that day. She hoped that wouldn't be too much of a disappointment...[break][break]
Sniffing avidly at the sweet scent that came from the cup, Moroe's eyes glittered as she licked at her chops lightly. When the cup tilted forward, she was delighted, and took a small lick from the warm milk. The fox lapped up the bit of milk she got and couldn't help her elation as her tail wagged, a hollow yip of excitement. It was delicious!

notes[break]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 23:50:05 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Him? Special? [break][break]

Nah, that couldn't have been right. So the Hisuian Growlithes were choosier and more standoffish than their modern counterparts, but maybe that just meant that Blanche had been particularly desperate when Eddie had met her. After all, he had found her by a dumpster, scrounging for food at the bottom of an empty McPognald's bag. Maybe she just saw him as a free meal ticket. [break][break]

But Yuina looked up at him with such sincerity that it made Eddie want to believe her, to believe that he was special for having won the little dog over so quickly. Yuina was the expert after all, so who was he to question her judgment? He turned away to hide the frown that had begun to tug at the corner of his mouth, but listened intently as she continued, [break][break]

“Hey, no worries. I'd be interested ta meet whoever else you brought with ya, Arcanine or not!” [break][break]

He really was becoming quite fascinated by her talk of these ancient species. To the side, his face broke back out into a warm smile as he watched Vash share his drink with Moroe, [break][break]

“'Specially if they're as friendly as your buddy over there.”[break][break]

mission

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 23:34:04 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Tucking her books back into her arms, making sure they were stacked nice and neat, Yuina glanced to Eddie as they made their way into the park's boundaries. She wondered if she said too much? Had she made the situation uncomfortable? She was really paying him a genuine compliment, and he deserved it after he'd been so kind on their expedition together. But she wouldn't press the issue...[break]
She had no right to press, when she wouldn't want someone to press her for information on herself, or her feelings. It would never be a fair exchange of information.[break][break]
"Well alright, it really is great practice for him," Yuina returned, taking on a smile again, best move past whatever she may have done or said. They moved through the park grounds for only a moment more, finding a nice space. Yuina set down her stack of books on the ground where Moroe yipped at Vash, they were in the park now! They could have some fun![break][break]
"He is friendly, I promise, he just doesn't look it. Don't let his appearance deter you... That's why I'm working so hard on getting him socialized," Yuina cautioned, and maybe she was over stating it, but Higumei did have a rather startling appearance for someone who might not already know what he was. She wanted to encourage Higumei to be kind and gentle to those they might meet, of course in her professional settings. He was instrumental in showing guests and visitors that the strange Hisuian Pokemon roaming the region could be safe and friendly, if given the right amount of time and attention.[break][break]
Yuina took a step back and tapped at the Pokeball she had with her, where the energy grew, and grew, and grew a bit more until a giant, lumbering creature stood up beside her. One glowing green eye looked out to his surroundings, his other eye blinking with a heavy huff of air from his muzzle that rustled Yuina's hair. His paws were as large as Yuina's torso, his head larger than Eddie's torso, and the bear came down on his two legs to stand on all fours, a heavy thud from his sheer weight.[break][break]
"Ohayou gozaimasu," Yuina spoke softly, a foreign greeting perhaps as she moved to take is giant head in her hands on either side of his muzzle.[break]
"Eddie, this is Higumei, a Bloodmoon Ursaluna," she offered.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 12:45:55 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were tryin' to scare me off!” [break][break]

The only thing that Yuina's warnings served to do was stoke Eddie's curiosity even further. Big and scary Pokemon were some of his favorites in his childhood – not, like, 'giant bug' or 'spooky ghost' kind of scary, but the imposing, kaiju-y looking creatures he'd occasionally see accompanying trainers when he visited Kanto and Johto were some of his favorites. [break][break]

So when the giant bear emerged to join Yuina at her side and landed on his forefeet with tremendous force, Eddie was beyond delighted to make the Ursaluna's acquaintance, [break][break]

“Hey there, buddy!” he beamed, slowly reaching a hand towards it, palm out, for Higumei to inspect. [break][break]

It was a massive creature, and probably strong as hell. Eddie imagined this thing was probably an apex predator back on it's home turf, [break][break]

“I can guess where the whole Bloodmoon bit comes from,” Eddie inclined his head towards the large, red circle on the bear's head, “But what happened to the poor fella's eye?” [break][break]

Out of the two narrowed eyes that Eddie was sure were sizing him up, one was clouded and dark, and the side of the creature's face that it belonged to looked to be overtaken by a curious muck. What sort of violence had the poor creature seen, he wondered, as Eddie's eyes traced along the dark, cracked ring underneath, trailing south like the jagged lines of an old scar. [break][break]

mission

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 17:38:00 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Standing in front of Higumei, his large, heaving breaths brushing through her hair, Yuina smiled fondly at the bear and smiled that much more as Eddie beamed at the introduction. Truly Eddie was a wonderful person, being so encouraging with Higumei, she would have to thank him profusely.[break][break]
The Ursaluna blinked, a huff from his muzzle as he turned, now regarding the other human. Yuina stepped back, drawing her hands away from his muzzle, allowing the bear to move of his own accord. Higumei took one large paw step forward, massive breaths washing over Eddie's outstretched hand as he investigated the offered gesture. There was hesitation, one paw lifted, he was ready to take another step back, but Yuina spoke softly again.[break][break]
"Yūjin," she encouraged, though she didn't push any further. Higumei huffed, setting his paw down, touching his broad nose to Eddie's hand. Yuina nearly wanted to cry, her heart swelled as she raised her hands to her mouth. She was incredibly pleased, Higumei was not always so forthcoming, and neither were the individuals that were faced with him.[break][break]
"He's perfectly healthy for his species," Yuina spoke then, her voice a bit strained, trying to garner her thoughts as Higumei took a step back then, beginning to take in his other surroundings.[break]
"It does look like he's been injured, but the left side of his face is what makes them so unique compared to their counterparts. The grey mud has solidified, it feels like he's covered in iron, and its shrouded his left eye to allow him to see in the dark. This makes him an incredibly effective hunter and predator, there is no time of day that a Bloodmoon Ursaluna could not set out on a hunt or defend itself," Yuina explained, but that was only the half of what made Higumei and his kind so impossibly fascinating compared to other Ursaluna.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Song of the Ancients | M
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 18:08:49 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Eddie nearly wanted to cry when he felt the wet nose of the bear press into the palm of his hand. The bear maybe, probably liked him, or at least was kind enough to tolerate the man's presence. Eddie's heart swelled at the thought that the two might become friends, and he was only a little disappointed when the bear drew away to have a look around. [break][break]

He'd almost forgotten that this whole venture was supposed to be educational until he heard Yuina's explanation of Higumei's strange appearance, [break][break]

“Well, I'm glad ta hear he ain't hurt,” Eddie mused thoughtfully, watching the bear take in the sights and smells of the park, “But what's so special 'bout the mud, anyway? Is it kinda like how some stones or other things can make Pokemon evolve?” [break][break]

At least, that was Eddie's primary point of comparison for weird biochemical Pokemon interactions. But he also wasn't a very knowledgeable man, and he wasn't exactly ashamed to admit that.[break][break]

mission