Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 15:32:23 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery huffed an annoyed sigh as he flicked the brim of his hat out of his peripheral. How on this forsaken world did he of all people get tasked with delivering these eggs to this farmer in Oldale?

He'd tried to argue with his head officer that, "y'know, ain't this some ranger shit and not police duty? Surely you got somethin' better for me t'do."

Apparently, all the rangers were busy at the moment, and he wasn't. "Oh, but don't worry. Someone will be joining you on the way. Just get going, James."

"Rangers busy my ass. More like they don't wanna do their fuckin' job!" Montgomery hissed, kicking a rock out of his path. His SKARMORY gave him a side-eyeing glance, flapping his metallic wings. "I ain't need to hear a peep from ya bout this, Skarmory!"

As if responding to his voice, the eggs in the basket shook.

[attr="class","montytag"]open | eggs in one basket
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 17:49:08 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwen had been enjoying a morning coffee with Gishath grumbling about being woken up so early, as a night owl Gabite would be. He hissed up at his owner while teeth on the chair, only to receive a hand scratching at his scales in return. She had planned on just being content back at HQ for the day, but when the call came in that she was to assist a Ranger out in the field, she was quick to jump to it. A few minutes after the request, a large Pidgeot had arrived to pick Gwen up and deliver her to the site of which Ranger needed help.

The fresh Rookie arrived, landing in front of Montgomery and hopping off alongside her companion. The Gabite waddled alongside his trainer while Gwen offered a wave to the other man as she walked closer.

"Sorry to keep you waiting! I'm Gwen, one of the other younger Rangers around here."

She offered her hand for him to shake, if he so wanted to. Gishath, meanwhile, would lock eyes with the Skarmory in a muted indifference. He didn't antagonize or anything, but did wander closer to sniff at the steel-type's wings at out interest.

"Are the eggs doing alright?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 20:00:38 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]He almost didn't give her time to speak before practically throwing the basket in her direction. "Oh, thank ARCEUS! I was abouta explode haven to keep up with these things!" Montgomery boisterously announced.

It was a flip of a switch. His mood did a complete one-eighty from pouting along the trail to giving the girl a toothy grin.

"Well, now that the real ranger's here, we can take a break, Skarmory. Guess we're just guard duty now." He flicked a cigarette between his teeth and lit it with a satisfied sigh.

"They be wobblin' in there. I guess maybe reactin' to my voice, or somethin'. I dunno, I ain't the ranger here. I'm just a cop."

[attr="class","montytag"] | eggs in one basket
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 4:36:20 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Heh, it's nice to me- Whoa!"

Not even one second touched and and already, Gwendolyn was having work shoved into her face. The Aspiring Professor was quick to catch the bundle of eggs while ensuring that each and every one wouldn't have been impacted any by the forces interacting with them. Once everyone was taken care of, she looked back at the other man.

He was certainly a type of person. As for what kind of type that was, it had yet to be seen. She still believed that his heart was in the right place. After all, why join the Rangers if you didn't have somebody's best interest in mind? Besides her, anyway. He just lit up a cigarette and precoded to smoke away.

"You're actually half right." Gwen said, holding the eggs up with a hand so full of caution that they could have been her own eggs.

"Pokemon eggs have a tendency to react to certain vibrations in the environment around them. So while you were speaking, they probably mistook you for a parent of some kind. I can't say how far along they are into growing up, but they seem pretty well along."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 22:18:03 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]It was a good thing she caught them, or else he'd probably not get the load out in the end. Huh, maybe he should've thought about that before he tossed them around like they were hacky sacks. Oh well, they didn't crack.

And then, she spewed on about the eggs, blah blah blah. Yeah, he really didn't care that much, as long as he could get back to the precinct soon.

"I doubt they think I'm their Pappy. I don't even look like some Pokemon, let alone sound like one," Montgomery drawled, stomping on the ash that fell from the cigarette.

"Ah, whatever. Let's finish this chore, aight?"

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 2:54:36 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Boy, he was turning out to be a real case for an officer. Gwen's expression soured a bit as she began to pout at the other man. Usually people had shared her enthusiasm for learning as much as she did, but he could care less about it. The mood lingered for a moment before she moved on with him with baskets in hand.

Gishath continued to waddle beside her. He might have grown interested in a berry bush or been preoccupied with chasing around a bird that had landed just up ahead,, but all things considered, he was behaving for a change. The Gabite even sniffed at some of the eggs inside of the basket and tried to taste one before Gwen pulled it up from him.

"So, where are you from? I'm from Sinnoh with my friend. We got here about a year ago and have been loving it since. Even became rangers together!"

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 22:45:31 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]A silence fell between them, one that Montgomery didn't mind one bit. In fact, he was enjoying the rest of his cigarette, until she spoke up again. Well, at least the smoke was dissipating, the last of it burning to an end. He spat it on the ground, extinguishing it with his boot.

"Unova. Been here fer, I dunno, over a year now." And what a lonely year it's been.

"You seem thrilled ta be a ranger. You do know it's hard work, right? Not all sparkles n glitter n shit like that. Everything ya do, it's for a purpose. And if ya don't cut it..." He swiped his hand across his neck.

However, before he could go on another tangent, there was a rustling sound ahead. He stopped, suddenly becoming quite serious. "Ya hear that?"

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 7:58:14 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Unova, huh?" That made a lot of sense right now. "I've always wanted to go there, but never got the chance. Heard it has some really nice sights and more."

He began the talk that everyone and their mother had been over with her. The same warning that she had clicked by a thousand times while on her way to the recruitment office back home before joining Robin in Hoenn. Her pleasant exterior was cracked for just a moment as she turned back to face Montgomery.

"I know that." She said in a snappy tone without realizing it before exhaling and trying to calm herself down. "Believe me, I've had some run ins with some not so savory people. I know what I signed up for, and I will make sure that who I did this for won't get hurt."

She would have gone on more and more about this topic before the ruffling sound in front of her had caught their attention. Her eyes arced over in the direction the noise came from and then looked back to Montgomery for a moment. Her nod was all it took to show that he was not alone in whatever had caused this.

Gishath hissed, his fin standing at attention.

"Any idea what it could be?"

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 3:38:53 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"I dunno."

It was a blunt answer, maybe one she didn't want to hear. But it was the truth of the matter. He held a hand out, a silent indication for her to stay back.

"Hold the eggs..."

Montgomery approached the grass slowly, not wanting to start an attack unknowingly. However, when he entered the long grass, he found that it was a small RATATA, which squealed at him and took off.

"Surely it's not just that," he muttered.

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 4:25:18 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwendolyn brought the basket full of eggs closer and closer to her chest while letting Montgomery investigate the cause of the disturbance. She couldn't say her curiosity wasn't piqued, but what would be coming out of that grass? Was it some bug or a Persian who was stalking them? Only one way to find out!

Her eyes scanned the bush line just in time to see...

A Ratata. It snuffled through the tall grass she breathed a sigh of relief. "Phew! For a minute there, I thought it would be-"

From the clearing, a bundle of feathers had dived down to Gwen and attacked her with its talons and claws. She moved the basket away and did her best to defend against the scratches as best she could. Montgomery could have a better view of her attacker, that being a Braviary who was adamant about getting those eggs.

"Little help here?" she called out to Gishath, the Gabite tunneling forward at the Braviary and hissing with a sudden DRAGON CLAW. It had stopped the Braviary's attack, but instead, caused it to kick the Gabite back into the trees with a mighty kick.

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 1:41:28 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]There was suddenly an attack at Gwen and the basket, though she was covering the eggs. Well, thank ARCEUS for that, because he couldn't imagine the disappointment the farmer waiting on them would have if he heard the eggs were cracked or taken.

Then came her safety...

"Get outta here, ya fucker!"

He threw commanded his SKARMORY to attack the bird, iron claws flexing as he attacked with a DRILL PECK.

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
couple of scrambled eggs
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 1:12:05 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The Skarmory's attack had been successful and landed just on the side of the Braviary. The large bird cawed out at the impact of the DRILL PECK. It had ceased attacking enough to fly back into the air and leave Gwen to save the egg from its clutches. Although not entirely scratch free. Her hair was messy and her glasses had successfully broken from the talons scratching her.

"Crap, that was my back up pair!" she whined, looking down at Gishath running back over to them. He stomped in a fury, hissing at the circling Braviary. "Thanks for the help. I guess I don't need to see clearly anyway."

The world had become blurry for her, though Gwen could still make out things. She wiped her eyes free of any feathers or anything that might get in the way of her vision before letting out a frustrated sigh.

"At least dragons give you some notice before attacking..."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights