[attr="class","sunboy jethroh"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[break]
when the last light warms the rocks and the rattlesnakes unfold, mountain cats will come to drag away your bones.

[attr="class","textbody"]

Despite the chill that still desperately clung to the spring air, the world had begun to burst with color and life, which, in Jethro's case, meant that there was work to be done. [break][break]

With careful steps, he walked along the perimeter of his neglected little swath of farmland, taking note of every piece of rotting wood and conspicuous gap in the fence that bordered it. The previous owner had left this place in a hell of a state, but truth be told, Jethro was thankful for it; it kept the price of the land down and would keep his hands busy once he could set to work in earnest. What he was less thankful for was the sight of something strange and dilapidated in a far corner to the east, barely peaking out from a distant treeline. [break][break]

Careful to keep his boots from catching in the mud, Jethro cautiously approached, eyes narrowing with suspicion as the wooden structure came into clearer view, [break][break]

“What in the Sam Hill-?” [break][break]

It looked like a tiny house with little shutters, topped by an angular roof that was half-coated in a mix of moss and mildew. Something about it seem vaguely familiar, if only he could- [break][break]

Ah, that was it. It was a shrine, Jethro realized, not unlike the little structures back home made for fickle gods of earth and storm. He snorted a little incredulously before taking out his cell phone to make a couple of calls. Folks in these parts still cared an awful lot about the places of worship made by a dead people for their dead gods, and while Jethro couldn't say that he understood it entirely, there was no point in kicking up a fuss with his new neighbors. Maybe they'd appreciate his consideration for their customs; maybe it'd keep some of the nosier locals off of his back for a little while longer.[break][break]

After the call was routed through two or three different departments at city hall, Jethro was informed that an officer would be swinging by to check out the little structure for themselves. Something about assessing damage and dealing with any wild Pokemon that might take offense to the shrine being moved; Jethro couldn't be bothered to mind the specifics much, mostly just eager for whoever it was to show up and get out as fast as they could. [break][break]

So he waited, cold eyes narrowed as he watched the property line with a wary vigilance, fingers drumming anxiously across the surface of the Poke Ball secured to his waist. Hopefully the local Barney would get here sooner rather than later; there was still plenty of work to be done before the day was through.

[attr="class","oocnotes"]NOTES: SANCTUARY SAFEGUARDING

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".jethroh"] --accent:#9a4e30!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#9a4e30;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:75px; width:75px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 21:57:48 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"Dispatch, calling any available unit to investigate an abandoned shrine on farmland. Respond to the call ASAP. Over."

"Yeah, yeah, I hear ya. I'll make my way over."

The static between the comms cut out once Montgomery ended the connection, sighing as he enjoyed the last bits of the cigarette he'd been nursing. His feet were propped up against the dash of his vehicle, his window rolled down as he was set to take the call.

But it could wait all of five more minutes, right?

So, he took his sweet time, discarding the used stick out the window once the rest of the addicting nicotine was inhaled into his lungs. Like a trucker, he had one arm out the window, providing an uneven tan from his uniform as he drove in the sunlight.

Fallarbortown was only ten minutes away, but this farm made it fifteen or longer. So the poor countryman waiting on him was probably gonna be bored to death of waiting by the time he arrived. Montgomery was certainly moseying at his own pace.

"Officer James. Got a call you found some sorta shrine out here, n I need ta take a look- well, I'll be damned." Montgomery stopped on his stroll toward the farmer, placing his hands on his hips. "Ole . Who'd've thought you would be in this part of the world?"

Of course, Montgomery had no qualms trying to mess with the former ranger, despite their rather rocky history. In all honesty, he couldn't wait to see his face when he realized that it was him showing up for the call.

[attr="class","montytag"] | sanctuary safeguarding
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

he/him
Forty-three
January 4th
Floccesy Town
gay
Farmer
Civilian
we've all
stolen back from a thief
6' 1" height
6' 1" height
it's a perfect day for peace.
awards
44 posts
Jethro Haig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jethroh
Jethro Haig
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 12:54:57 GMT
Jethro Haig Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[break]
when the last light warms the rocks and the rattlesnakes unfold, mountain cats will come to drag away your bones.

Jethro's patience was already worn thin by the time he saw the patrol car make it's way up the long winding path to his house. What little patience he had left frayed into nothing as he watched the bastard take his sweet time moseying on up to where Jethro waited for him, arms folded across his chest, [break][break]

“'Bout god damn time you showed up-” [break][break]

Oh no; oh hell no. He'd known there was something familiar about the drawl in the other man's voice, but he'd only come to recognize it a half-second after the “officer” had, [break][break]

“Monty, you scum-suckin' sack a' shit, what in the hell are you doin' out here?” Jethro fumed, “Ya get tired of snatchin' purses and poachin' critters back home?” [break][break]

But wait, he had introduced himself as “Officer James”, hadn't he? Indignation gave way to disbelief; Jethro couldn't help but let out a hoarse chuckle when the realization struck him, [break][break]

“And what the hell do ya mean, 'officer'? Don't tell me yer pullin' a fast one on the locals out here. Do they even know who the hell you are?” [break][break]

His right hand moved back to his side and fingered the Poke Ball there. He'd squared off against this degenerate plenty in the past, and was confident that he could send the lousy bastard packing with a little help from his 'farmhand'. The only thing staying his hand was a vague curiosity, and a bit of smugness that came with calling a man on his bluff.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:75px; width:75px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 22:13:12 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]'s reaction was well worth any delay that he'd made. Even as the insults were thrown his way, Montgomery couldn't help but burst into a fit of laughter, bending over at his hips as he tried to catch his breath.

"You could say that, I guess," he said, his grin growing more and more shit-eating by the second. "Decided it was 'bout time fer some change. Guess ya decided the same. If I didn't know any better, I'da thought you were followin' me. Ya sure yer not still part of the rangers?"

He waved his hands in the air, clicking his tongue in annoyance. "All they need ta know 'bout me is that I'm hard workin' and do my job. And here, I'm a cop. Got it?" A serious look crossed his face as he pointed his finger at the older man.

"I'm not here ta cause trouble or nothin'. All that shit's in Unova. I'm different, whether you believe it or not. I don't need yer fuckin' blessing."

Montgomery cocked his head, jerking a thumb in the direction of the shrine.

"Now are ya gonna let me do my damn job or what?"

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

he/him
Forty-three
January 4th
Floccesy Town
gay
Farmer
Civilian
we've all
stolen back from a thief
6' 1" height
6' 1" height
awards
44 posts
Jethro Haig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jethroh
Jethro Haig
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 11:30:09 GMT
Jethro Haig Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[break]

Jethro, following him? Now that was just god damn absurd, but not quite as absurd as the idea of Montgomery James, one of the most insufferable thorns in Jethro's side, deciding to turn over a new leaf. He glowered back at the other man, but moved the hand away from his Snorlax's Poke Ball, [break][break]

“You and I both know it ain't that easy ta just cut an' run,” he spat, though at this point, Jethro wasn't sure if he was just talking about Montgomery anymore, “But fine, if ya wanna play at bein' Wyatt Earp, I ain't gonna stop ya.” [break][break]

Because in his heart of hearts, Jethro had a vague hope that the other man really could turn things around. Not that he'd admit that sort of thing when he was this stone-cold sober, [break][break]

“But I got my god damn eye on you,” Jethro grumbled as he stared down the cop, “The moment you step outta line, I'm gonna be on yer ass like white on rice, so you better mind yer P's and Q's 'round these parts.” [break][break]

The older man exhaled sharply as he looked past Montgomery's shoulder to eye the shrine just some yards away. His temples had started to throb, though at this point, he wasn't sure if it was just due to this new gnawing aggravation, or if it was because of the dark thunderclouds that had begun to creep in from the west. Knowing Jethro's luck, it was probably a little bit of both.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 22:21:39 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"Well, I can't wait to see the look on yer ugly mug when I prove ya wrong."

It was like a scene in a Western, a showdown between cowboys. Montgomery peered at him with a serious gaze, all of his previous humor gone as his fingers lingered at the side of his hip. His thumb lightly caressed the button of his Poke ball, not pressing hard enough to activate it.

But it was there.

"I ain't need you babysittin' me. I'm a grown man with shit ta do. So fuck off, kindly," he said, raising his other hand to take out the cigarette and stomp it on the ground until it was extinguished.

Off in the distance, there was a slight rumble of thunder. Seemed they had a time limit.

Montgomery was the first to break stance, walking away toward the shrine. He looked over it. It's definitely seen its day and age, and a stone tablet inside was cracked and chipped. Wear and tear from the weather?

"Have ya seen anything nearby?"

close tab

played by

inmediasres

he/him
Forty-three
January 4th
Floccesy Town
gay
Farmer
Civilian
we've all
stolen back from a thief
6' 1" height
6' 1" height
awards
44 posts
Jethro Haig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jethroh
Jethro Haig
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 11:17:02 GMT
Jethro Haig Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[break]

Perhaps that was all Jethro needed to see; there was conviction and resolve behind those dark eyes that he'd never seen before. Something real, something fierce; maybe the little shit wasn't just blowing smoke up his ass after all. But that didn't mean he was going to let Monty off the hook that easily, he decided as as the cop turned his back to Jethro to walk towards the shrine. Someone still had to keep the bastard in line, and maybe that someone would have to be him. [break][break]

He followed at some distance as Montgomery neared the shrine and looked it over. It had definitely seen better days for certain; even if the former landowner didn't leave this bit of acreage to rot, Jethro was certain that the shrine had been abandoned long before then, [break][break]

“Nope, just this ol' thang and a buncha briars grownin' up all over the place,” he replied coolly, “Don't think there's more'a them out here, and I ain't seen any critters shackin' up nearby. Ain't nothin's paid any mind to this little shrine in years.” [break][break]

Maybe it was some sort of family or household place of worship, he wondered idly. Or maybe whatever thing the former residents worshiped had abandoned this place long ago. That fit his recollections of the fickle and violent gods he was so familiar with back home.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2024 21:43:47 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery didn't see or hear anything that seemed to want to rouse trouble around them. He was starting to think coming down here was a waste of time. It was a dingy old hut, after all. ARCEUS knew how long that thing had been sitting around rotting.

"Well, I guess if ya wanted to, we could always dig this thing up and get it outta here. I don't see it doin' shit around here. Unless ya wanna keep it for some reason."

Rustle. Rustle.

The sound was almost inaudible from the rumbling thunder ahead. But he heard it. His head swung toward the grass line nearby, not spotting anything particular. When he thought it was his imagination and turned his head back to Jethro, two blue vines shot out and wrapped around his ankles.

"What in tarna-"

Yank!

Montgomery was pulled into the grass, the air knocked from his lungs as he disappeared.

close tab

played by

inmediasres

he/him
Forty-three
January 4th
Floccesy Town
gay
Farmer
Civilian
we've all
stolen back from a thief
6' 1" height
6' 1" height
awards
44 posts
Jethro Haig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jethroh
Jethro Haig
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 10:56:05 GMT
Jethro Haig Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[break]

It happened faster than Jethro could react. One moment the officer was there, and the next, he had disappeared into the brush, slipping into the darkness of the tall grasses beyond, [break][break]

“Hold on!” [break][break]

With a flick of the wrist and the click of a capsule, ol' Buffy was at Jethro's side, dutifully following after his trainer as the farmer charged into the underbrush. The moment he caught sight of a flailing arm, Jethro grabbed it, and peered beyond to see whatever was assailing the cop. [break][break]

Wide eyes poking out from dark blue vines stared back at him. The Tangrowth loomed large over the men, vines thrashing with protective agitation, looking something like the storybook pictures of wildmen the farmer had seen in his youth. Jethro should've known that this place wasn't as abandoned as it had looked, [break][break]

“Buffy, grab 'em!” [break][break]

The Snorlax charged forward, arms raised, throwing himself into a full-force BODY SLAM against the Grass-type. If Buffy could knock out the Pokemon or get it in a grapple, maybe they could release it's hold on Officer James.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 15:36:59 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]He gasped for air, his lungs screaming. They felt like they would never inflate again, with each heaving gasp he drew as the TANGROWTH drug him away. One arm reached down, to try and unclip a Poke ball from his belt. His fingers fumbled, not quite reaching the hook-

A hand grasped his forearm. He grimaced, clenching his teeth as he was pulled in two directions. Montgomery reached for , holding onto him for dear life.

The pressure of the Pokemon holding him released only when the SNORLAX'S attack knocked it off guard. The vines retreated, drawing back into its body and allowing his lower half to relax. He grunted, taking a moment to stand up beside Jethro before throwing out a Pokemon of his own.

His SKARMORY took the field with Buffy, attacking the pile of vines from above with the force of a BRAVE BIRD. Surely with double the power, the would be able to severe the TANGROWTH'S ability to use its limbs or force it back.

"Thanks."

close tab

played by

inmediasres

he/him
Forty-three
January 4th
Floccesy Town
gay
Farmer
Civilian
we've all
stolen back from a thief
6' 1" height
6' 1" height
awards
44 posts
Jethro Haig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jethroh
Jethro Haig
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 11:37:35 GMT
Jethro Haig Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[break]

Jethro simply nodded in reply, eyes trained on the Skarmory blitzing past on a collision course with the wild Tangrowth. The BRAVE BIRD sent the Tangrowth reeling, and a vicious HAMMER ARM from the Snorlax all but guaranteed that the wild Pokemon would be driven back. [break][break]

It was kind of a shame, though, Jethro thought as he watched the thick arm of Buffy collide with the top of the Tangrowth's head, almost bouncing against the springy vines but still driving home with enough force to hurt. The creature was probably just defending it's home, a place in which it was once revered by whatever people once lived here. To be unseated from a position of godhood and reduced to the lowly standing of a mere pest was one hell of a blow to one's ego. Jethro thought that he too would fight like hell if he was in the Grass-type's position. [break][break]

But a threat to one's body was almost always more pressing than a threat to one's pride; at least, that's what Jethro had learned to be the case for many Pokemon. With a skittering, shuffling sound, the Tangrowth retracted it's wayward vines and dashed off into the field beyond, bee-lining towards a copse of trees where it might find shelter. While the species was exceptionally resilient, Jethro doubted that it would be back any time soon. [break][break]

So he turned back to the officer, eyes narrowed as he gave the man a once-over for any obvious injuries, [break][break]

“You hurt? Got a first aid kit back at the house, if ya need it.”

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 14:07:35 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Aside from his injured pride, maybe a scrape or two, and a few aching muscles, Montgomery would say he was fine. He shook his head, swiping off some of the oozing blood from a cut on his cheek.

"I think I'm alright. Took me by surprise..."

There was dirt and grass in his hair, and his hat was bent. He clicked his teeth, taking it off his head and fiddling with the brim.

"Whatcha can do for me is give me a hair brush or somethin'. Maybe let me get this shit outta my hair before I head back to the station and report my findins to them."

Maybe he'd have to take his hat to a shop to get fixed.

Montgomery looked back to , an awkward silence falling for a moment. "I'm really not bad no more, Jethro. Anything between us, that's in Unova."

close tab

played by

inmediasres

he/him
Forty-three
January 4th
Floccesy Town
gay
Farmer
Civilian
we've all
stolen back from a thief
6' 1" height
6' 1" height
awards
44 posts
Jethro Haig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jethroh
Jethro Haig
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 12:03:53 GMT
Jethro Haig Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[break]

Jethro frowned at Montgomery's initial dismissal of his injuries, watching a bead of blood trickle down from the cut on his face. But hell, he'd been there too, trying to walk off all manner of bruises and injuries back in his prime. Sometimes pride was just about the most important thing a man could have. [break][break]

His own stubborn pride would have to take the backseat on this one though, Jethro decided, when the awkward silence gave way to Montgomery's next few words. His brow furrowed as he looked the ex-Rocket up and down, as if he could read the other man's intentions through the debris that clung to his hair or in the folds of his crumpled hat. He sighed through his nose, his expression softening somewhat as he finally voiced his reply, [break][break]

“Fine,” Jethro conceded with finality, “At least you put yer money where yer mouth is. And besides-” [break][break]

He turned away, looking back to his little home towards the west. A loud peal of thunder rang out through the air, and the long-forgotten rain clouds that hung low above them threatened to break any minute, [break][break]

“I wouldn't mind leavin' some things back home.” [break][break]

Jethro stepped past Montgomery and inclined his head towards the house, [break][break]

“Got a comb back at the house you can use, s'long as you don't leave any chunks a'yer hair in it. Better get a move on 'fore the rain starts.”

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
deputy
cadet
save a horse
ride a cowboy
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 2:25:07 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery gave him a small nod, a bit of dust and grass falling from his hair as he continued to dust it from his hat. This time, this one time, he would admit that he appreciated Jethro.

Maybe the old man wasn't bad after all.

Thunder echoed in the distance again. "Hop in my car. I'll drive us to the house."

He opened his door, indicating for him to do the same. It was a slow roll to the house, specks of rain beginning to drip down onto the windshield of his vehicle by the time he pulled up the gravel driveway.

"Thanks. I'll clean it out, promise."

close tab

played by

inmediasres

he/him
Forty-three
January 4th
Floccesy Town
gay
Farmer
Civilian
we've all
stolen back from a thief
6' 1" height
6' 1" height
awards
44 posts
Jethro Haig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jethroh
Jethro Haig
Far From Any Road | M
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 12:38:06 GMT
Jethro Haig Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[break]

It was funny how these sort of things worked out. Jethro wouldn't have thought that he'd ever see Montgomery in the driver's seat of a patrol car, but, well, here they were, taking the short drive up to his house as the storm finally began to kick off. It was a short jog up into the house and to the bathroom to grab the comb still wrapped in its new cellophane packaging. Jethro was in and out quicker than anything when he returned to where he'd left Montgomery on the wide covered porch, that, for now, was doing a good enough job at shielding the both of them from the increasingly heavy rain, [break][break]

“All yours, princess.” [break][break]

In the past, the remark would've been made with a bit more bite, but already that derision was giving way to something a little more teasing. He'd probably gone soft in his old age, Jethro realized, as he waited for the officer to finish tidying himself up.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]