Yuina Higashi
Rewriting History [M]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 2:50:35 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

"...right here in this portion of the mirelands, next to Lake Valor was where the Diamond Clan settlers made their encampment," Yuina continued, pointing out a specific point on a rendered map of what the Sinnoh Region was said to have looked like centuries and centuries ago.[break]
It was after hours, no more visitors or guests were going to come through, but she still spoke softly, quietly, careful to not let her voice carry. No need to let any of the night guards or lingering professors hear her prattling and think her delirious...[break][break]
"The rendering shows their settlement too far south, only because that's where this leather pouch belt with their emblem was recovered... I lost that debate that day," Yuina huffed, a small pout as she pointed out the artifact in question. Everything she did had to be based in fact... She couldn't very well come out and say that she herself was the fact of the matter. Sometimes it was rather frustrating...[break][break]
"But, because I was able to correctly make the translations on an older journal map, Ursa's Ring is depicted in the right spot," Yuina nodded, a smile as she pushed up her glasses on the bridge of her nose with one hand, the other intertwined with Doug's as they stood in front of the next exhibit piece she brought them over to. If her eyes could truly sparkle, they were shimmering brighter and brighter with every passing moment. She had to expend so much effort to depict her work as theory and proven fact... It was a nice change of tone to be able to talk about her work for what it truly was... Memories...

notes[break]
Mission: Sleepless In Slateport April '24 -> Slateport City[break]
General Work outfit idea, general hair idea[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Rewriting History [M]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 20:53:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Rewriting History

With

Perhaps the clearest sign of his genuine love for Yuina was the fact that she could talk about ancient tentative™ history, inside a dark, empty museum, for several hours, and still make him cling unto her every word as if for dear life.

"Woah..." She was so... smart and scholarly. Looked the part, too. He laughed. "When ya said ya worked at a museum, I think ya might've undersold yerself."

That was on him. He wasn't smart or acquainted enough with the scene to picture anything beyond an adorable museum tour guide.

She looks so happy.

Ba-dump.

Perhaps speaking about her research made her feel closer to her forgotten past. Or maybe she was just happy to be able to speak freely without being thought of as a looney.

Ba-dump.

Or maybe she just enjoyed talking to him.

Ba-dump.

Or maybe... Dear god, he couldn't think right while she was looking at him like that. Would it be rude if I kissed her without warning?

"I, ah... I didn't know know you wore glasses, by the way." He said after a moment, scratching at his reddening cheek as he gave a small smile. "It— they look really good on ya."

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Rewriting History [M]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 3:05:58 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

There was a pause that Yuina took, looking at the large map, eyes tracing various paths over the landscape, various places that she remembered. The beautiful rushing water of the Obsidian Falls, the quiet snowfall of the Alabaster Icelands, crossing paths with Daikenki for the first time in the farthest reaches of the Sandgem Flats...[break]
She blinked though as Doug spoke, she'd been going on for a bit now, taking them to a couple of her exhibits, they hadn't even gotten to her favorite one yet. This was the first time that he was actively seeing her work, not just hearing about it. She smiled, looking out to her new wing of the museum, all of the work that she had done and knowing all of the work that was yet to come.[break][break]
"I'm only just getting started too... There's so much history, so many things about Hisui that I can't wait to show everyone," Yuina returned, she was beaming, she was putting as much effort into her research as she was her ranger's work. She never did anything halfway, even if her work wasn't entirely full of truth. She did have some resources that tipped the scale in her favor.[break][break]
Standing there, turned a bit towards him, he mentioned her glasses... She hadn't even realized. She was there in the museum, surrounded by her work, they'd met there after the doors were closed for the day and she was finished. She had just, not transitioned from being at work. She blinked down, a bit sheepish, glasses sliding down her nose a bit.[break][break]
"Oh, I- uhm, they're for reading, I-," but he stammered, only slightly, scratching at his blushing in the cutest way that she'd already grown fond of. Even as much as she enjoyed it when he became flustered and blushy, she couldn't help it in her own features as pink brushed beneath the frame of her glasses, blinking up at him.[break]
"Thank you... I'll keep that in mind," she returned, a bit of a knowing glance, a small, wry smile, before she blinked away, looking out to another piece.[break][break]
"The Pokeballs are over here, they're really something else."

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Rewriting History [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 0:21:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Rewriting History

With

He pursed his lips, squinting at her. "You... will keep it in mind."

He echoed the words wryly, the red on his cheeks deepening.

He had revealed a weakness and it would apparently be ruthlessly exploited.

How wonderful! I mean, horrible. Yeah. Totally.

He was all too eager to grab onto the olive branch she extended next.

"Oh!" He uttered with perhaps a little too much surprise.

He cocked his head, staring at the balls.

"... Huh. I have one of these." He said simply, scratching at his cheek with some mild confusion. "I didn't know it was a hisuian ball."

It had kinda just... come into his possession, recently.

"Thought it was some shop's specialty item made or somethin'." There was no shortage of small TRADITIONAL STYLE POKEBALL manufacturers, after all.

For the people who preferred wood or berry covers to the efficient plastic of 's productions.

The exceeding minority willing to pay premiums, at any rate. They were certainly not pokeballs the dregs of society totted about anymore.

Which made one wonder how Doug came upon one.

"So... I'm guessin' you've remembered a lot." He said after a moment, turning his gaze over to the entirety of Yuina's exhibit. "Is it... everything?"

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Rewriting History [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 3:22:48 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Leading Doug from one exhibit to the next, Yuina smiled still, coming around to the Pokeballs that she had started working on. They were only replicas, and she had more that were in the works from the different varieties that she recalled, but the schematics and all of the details were as accurate as they could be.[break]
Wait, what did he say?[break][break]
"You do? Which one? How long have you had it? Can I see it sometime," she was elated, she knew that it wasn't out of the question that objects came through to the otherside of a given distortion. She wanted to see it, maybe authenticate it, she wouldn't take it from him, but... It was just exciting to know that there was another piece for her to take a look at.[break][break]
Doug took a pause though, glancing around to her exhibit, her work, her memories... And she too looked around at his question, it was always difficult, the idea of memories, remembering... When there was still so much that she didn't...[break][break]
"I don't know if its everything... but its enough... To make it feel real, to make it feel like its a part of me...," she returned, distant, but thoughtful, her eyes glancing out beyond her exhibit and back to that far away place.[break][break]
"I remember learning how to forge the Pokeballs, and gathering the tumblestone outside of the village. And watching that tatami painting hang from one of the shop fronts, after it had just been finished...," she pointed across the way to a large hanging tatami piece, a painting of a blossoming pink flower field.[break]
"I remember how... quiet everything was, how simple it all seemed, just the village and its people, listening to the river water flowing through the middle. Or how beautiful the plains were, untouched, undisturbed by anything because there was nothing, no one to interfere..."[break][break]
"I remember encountering Basara for the first time, he nearly killed me when he felled a whole tree in one swing. And Nyla was more curious than anything, even though the icelands were so far away from everything, she might not have ever seen a human before," reminiscent tears shimmered at the corners of her eyes, there were so many things that she remembered, so many people that she would never see again, places that were gone, lost forever...[break]
"...but... I don't remember why I left... or if I had the choice... I don't remember if I had a chance to say goodbye," her hand clutched his that much tighter... She blinked furiously, drawing in a shuttering breath... She wouldn't be okay if she kept dwelling on it.[break][break]
"Uhm, oh, over here, there's a map of what the village looked like..."

notes[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights