Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
76 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
Move Forward and Protect [Commitment: Act 1]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 21:39:11 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
A major assignment was issued to Toki and one of his higher up colleagues, one that he hadn't met before. There have been reports of poaching on Route 120, using the valleys to hide their activities. The already scarce Kecleon and Absol populations were being threatened by these poachers, as were some of the rarer aquatic Pokemon that live in the ponds. As such, Ranger HQ saw fit to assign two nearby Rangers to this location. Toki happened to be based in Fortree, so that worked out for him. He couldn't stomach the idea of people poaching Pokemon at all. His father dedicated his life to conservation efforts, so to him this was a massive slap to the face. He picked out his Pokemon and made his way to the rendezvous point as described in the mission.

He had never met this other Ranger before, so he was a little nervous. He stood atop the hill and scanned the horizon. On the surface it was rather peaceful, but there were likely dangerous people around setting traps and hurting the wildlife here. That was something that made his blood boil. He took a deep breath and sighed to collect himself. "Are they cruel or just desperate? I guess it doesn't matter, they're doing something awful to the local environment and ecosystem...whatever reason they have it's not good enough to justify it." He said to himself as he crossed his arms. "This will be good experience as a ranger and trainer. I'm not going to back down."

He brought some of his main Pokemon with him today. He believed in them and their abilities, so it was time to put all that training to the test. "We got this, everyone." He whispered as he waited for his new ally.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 23:22:00 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"hey," comes a quiet voice from behind . annalise appears, tendrils of shadows clinging to her body, then dissipating, as she steps out of a PHANTOM FORCE portal. her dragapult manifests from the dark as well, cataloguing the other ranger and his pokemon with a sweeping, apathetic stare. [break][break] "i'm captain annalise henderson," she offers in distracted greeting, glancing his way and then immediately focusing her attention downhill for signs of movement. "you must be ranger akiyama."[break][break] the ghost-type floats lazily toward her side, searching for anything to LOCK ON to. annalise doesn't indulge them in idle conversation with enemies near, but she does ask toki a murmured question eventually:[break][break]"have you ever been sent out to deal with poachers before?"
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Connor Tavarin

He/Him
Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
76 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 2:44:01 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
Toki jumped a little as Annalise just sort of appeared out of a portal. He blinked slightly at her, but managed to remain calm "H-hello." He bowed his head politely and adjusted his glasses a bit "That's right. Ranger Toki Akiyama, reporting." He saluted before he turned to continue his lookout. As he saw her Dragapult scan the area, he got an idea. "Nyx." He called as he held his arm out. The bat Pokemon flew onto his arm and tilted her head "Go scout the area from above see if you can find anything through echolocation. Think you can do that?" He said encouragingly as he gently scratched under her chin. She squeaked and lifted off to scout from the sky.

"I've fought with Rocket before and a poacher was responsible for making a Pokemon accidentally cause a forest fire, but directly? No, I haven't. My father's a conservationist though, so I have personal reasons to dislike them." He explained.

"Though...I do know they're dangerous to deal with. I'm not going to be reckless about this. I'll follow your lead, Captain Henderson. I fully accept my lack of experience and I'm willing to learn what I can on the field." Toki was an honest and humble sort. He knew his limits and when it was time to ask for help, especially with situations he was unfamiliar with.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 20:22:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
her mouth quirks with the barest amusement at 's surprise. she could've made her arrival a little louder, she supposes, but situational awareness is a useful muscle for a young ranger to train. poachers and rocket members won't give him a noisier warning than swift and sudden oblivion. [break][break]her gaze briefly tracks his noibat as it takes flight from his arm, but his voice drags her attention back to him. he's heard an echo of his explanation in other ranger's.[break][break]"me too."[break][break]personal reasons make an unfortunately powerful motivator. he defers to her and she accepts the responsibility with a nod. it's a refreshing change of pace from dealing with people like , who would probably be making her way through the bushes downhill by now.[break][break]"okay, here's the plan: you focus on protecting the wildlife and i'll focus on the arrests. regular poachers will probably run, but rocket poachers might stand their ground against the two of us."[break][break]a couple of twenty-something rangers don't make for intimidating figures. [break][break]"if they stay and fight, i want you to forget the plan and fight with me instead. if you got all that, we can head down now." [break][break]she takes a few steps forward and motions for him to follow, tapping her index finger against her lips. she takes him down into the clearing bordering the tree line, waiting to hear movement within.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Connor Tavarin

He/Him
Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
76 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 21:11:38 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
Toki gave an understanding nod at the plan "Got it. I'm ready to move." At that, he followed Annalise down the hill towards the clearing. He kept low and quiet, occasionally glancing up at Nyx. They kept watch for a while before Toki heard a single squeak from above. Random noises from Pokemon shouldn't be a cause for alarm for the poachers, but Toki looked up and saw Nyx looping and circling above a location. "Captain..." He whispered as he pointed up towards his Noibat "She found something. I'll look for the traps while you move forward to where she's circling. Does that sound reasonable?" He asked.

Sure enough there were signs of movement in Nyx's direction. Some poachers hired on by what look to be a few Rocket grunts. They seem to be muttering about what Toki feared, and that was trying to capture the rarer Pokemon on the route. That would throw so much out of balance. Toki bit his lip but let out a quiet sigh. "I'll get the traps, Captain...I'll follow your plan. If they start putting up a fight I'll come help as soon as I'm able."

Toki carefully maneuvered to the other part of the clearing, staying low in the shrubbery. He found a few traps and dealt with them as quietly as he could. For bear traps he tossed some foliage onto them to dampen the noise when he triggered them with a nearby branch. For rope traps he simply pulled out a knife and cut through them. He would continue his sweep for the traps until he was needed for battle.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 6:25:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the downtime in jobs like these can span hours. there's no telling when the poachers will return to try and collect their quarry. while their pokemon keep a lookout, annalise resigns herself to waiting, bereft of any small talk that might have made the passage of time slip past them easier. [break][break]eventually, whispers for her. she turns her head, following his pointed finger to the noibat flapping overhead, and listens as his plan pools in the space between them. she nods. [break][break]"yeah."[break][break]they move. her eyes dart from the sky to the ground at their feet, keeping track of where his noibat is and measuring her footsteps in the underbrush every few moments. she spies the poachers toki sees, alongside uniformed rockets. she clenches her jaw and primes herself to strike — and then toki's voice rises quietly beside her, dulling the sharp edges of her anger. [break][break]she reaches out to touch his shoulder before he slips away. [break][break]"stay safe."[break][break]and then he's gone.[break][break]beside her, her dragapult rumbles quiet confirmation of its LOCK ON. she motions beneath cover and DRAGON DARTS strike the offenders. the initial shots are disorienting, but the subsequent dreepy bites make the poachers retreat backwards. [break][break]the rockets remain.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Connor Tavarin

He/Him
Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
76 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
POSTED ON May 10, 2024 7:05:28 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
Some of the more spineless poachers immediately retreat "We've been found out! This job doesn't pay nearly enough to deal with Rangers, you guys are on your own!" One of them shouts as they make a run for it. Toki heard the commotion start and let out a sharp whistle "Hurricane. Cut off their escape." He said as Nyx swooped down and flew in circles around the retreating poachers. The air currents buffeted and knocked them off their feet, completely disorienting them. All the while Toki carefully approached a thrashing Kecleon stuck in a rope trap "Easy, eaaasy..." He said in a gentle tone. I kept the knife at a safe distance, reaching up to cut away at the rope "There you go...get going, you're safe."

Once the traps were dealt with, Toki rushed to aid Annalise in the fight against the Rocket poachers that remained. One sent out a Mawile in an attempt to fight against Dragapult while the other sent out a Machoke. Toki stood his ground next to Annalise, the opposing sides at a standoff "What do you think? I can send something out to fight the Mawile and your Dragapult can take the Machoke..." He said, trying to be conscious of proper type advantages.

Toki's heart pounded. The poachers still standing weren't backing down. Still, he steadied himself and took out a Pokeball "Setsuna!" He called out before releasing his Mienfoo, who immediately took a battle stance. "These Pokemon are not for you to torment. Leave."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 23:35:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
as she had anticipated, some of the poachers give up at first friction. annalise opens her mouth to command her dragapult, but 's noibat is set upon them before she can form the first syllable. riding the air current in dizzying circles around them, the errant offenders are dragged off their feet by the HURRICANE the little dragon kicks up. even from this distance, the wind tugs at her ranger uniform and musses her bangs out of place.[break][break]runners aren't so much of an issue, though. they can be chased down or identified later — it's the ones that try and fight back that give her a hard time. from beyond her peripheral, she hears her partner's footfalls approaching, softened by springing grass. she doesn't turn to look at him as the remaining poachers call out their pokemon, but the hard lines of her face slack with subtle gratefulness that he's arrived as planned. [break][break]"that's a perfect idea," she tells toki, motioning her dragapult towards the machoke. the ghost leads with DOUBLE TEAM, biding time as the machoke tries to punch through the ectoplasm of its copies. [break][break]overhead, storm clouds begin to gather. unlike toki, annalise remains silent against the opposition, denying them a verbal brawl or permission to leave.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Connor Tavarin

He/Him
Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
76 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 5:18:18 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
The Machoke was clearly frustrated at missing the real Dragapult due to its Double Team. Its veins pop out as it lets out a roar before winding its arm back. It would swing its arm in a chopping motion before repeating the motion with its other arm, using Dual Chop to crush the Dragon Type should either of the hits connect. The air seemed to warp from the force of the swings.

The Mawile up against Toki's Mienfoo glared viciously, the secondary head behind it glimmering like steel as she hopped forward and swung violently, using Iron Head to slam into the Mienfoo. Setsuna blocked and took the attack head on while stepping forward "Force Palm!" Toki shouted out as Setsuna swung around to Mawile's side. His palm glowed as he drove it into Mawile's side, the strike sending vibrations throughout its body! It staggered back from the attack and continued to glare.

Toki was keeping tabs of both sides of the battle as much as he could. That Machoke could be trouble if it managed to hit, but since the Force Palm worked, Toki had an idea on how to defeat the Mawile in short order. He didn't bother speaking, not wanting to be a distraction in the battle.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 21:47:15 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the machamp rampages, the first of its DUAL CHOP swings through a copy that dissolves on contact with the fighting-type's meaty hand. the rest of the DOUBLE TEAM disperses as the dragapult is struck by the second blow, breaking its concentration. the attack disorients, so the ghost-type recedes into its shadow to recover. [break][break]the machamp strikes the ground and the impact of its fist kicks up clods of dirt and grass, but it cannot lure the dragapult back into the physical realm by brute force. eventually, once the machamp's arms begin to tremble with fatigue, it reappears on its own terms, lunging from behind with a PHANTOM FORCE.[break][break]annalise's gaze slides towards , advising him to prepare himself through a look. once the poachers' pokemon faint, the arrest would have to be made soon after.

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights